• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Can we miss some items/drops if we push mobs off a ledge? IIRC, items would appear on the ledge in DS1, but in DS2 those would be lost.

Can we miss some items/drops if we push mobs off a ledge? IIRC, items would appear on the ledge in DS1, but in DS2 those would be lost.

Just quit out and reload. The items will reappear on the ledge or their spawn point. I pushed the first uchi Swordmaster off the ledge. His gear appeared where you first find him. Works for escaping lizards too.

vocab

Every game since demons souls has a trick where if you quit and reload exactly where the enemy or item fell off it should appear on the reload exactly where the enemy or item was before it fell.

pa22word

I kicked master off the ledge at the start of the game and uchi popped up after I used a homeward bone, but I've heard conflicting things from others regarding this so idk.

mulac

Lodric Castle.

Outrider Boreal Knight in the basement at the twin dragons + in the hidden room in Grand Archives.

I took down my second Crystal Sage plus TWO freaking dragons plus the Dragonrider Armor.

But those Outrider Boreal Knights...just cant get them - must have died to each at least
10 times tonight.

Any weakness or suggestions
for either or both?

Ricker

Very interesting !! and I think I noticed this...I went into Lotric using the skip and got the huge
winged knight
armour and felt like I was rolling better than I was with the
Dancer
set! It wasnt just my imagination then.

edit:

and on that note:

Wow. It took me two days to edit all this but I finally got my Hyper Mode character, Minimaximus, started and here is my video on how to get it started early in NG using the
dancer
skip and
Sword Master
glitch!

Actually its a secret access with no fighting necessary, but you do have to access it before kiling the Tree boss, which most dont do since its an early boss, albeit optional.

Ah damn,I thought it was the other place later in the game,whith the fat priest in a corner...oh well.

Septimius

Normal enemies will die and their loot with them. Some special enemies like the one dropping the Uchigatana are different. There you can reload the game and the drop will be where he started. Though most of the enemies that drop unique drops, like NPC invaders and lizards, will have you get the loot straight to your inventory now.

Kyoufu

Lots of people seem to be boosting the mound-makers. You are aware that boosting is against the user agreement you sign the first time you log on right? Maybe it's hard for them to figure out you did it, but it would suck to get banned over something like that.

Get that fearmongering shit out of here. Using in-game mechanics is not against TOS. If they didn't like people doing this then they would have patched it out a month ago.

ISee

Any early game tips on being a thief? not much on t'internet.

Stab, stab, stab, roll, stab, roll, roll, stab, die, repeat.

Starting calsses are not that important and play similar in most cases. But if you want to roleplay as a 'thief'. Get light armor and/or the spook spell and you'll be able to sneak efficiently, untill you run into a large group.

Get that fearmongering shit out of here. Using in-game mechanics is not against TOS. If they didn't like people doing this then they would have patched it out a month ago.

Why are you so defensive? I'm just forwarding what is in the user agreement. The covenants are there to increase the number of players partaking in multiplayer, which is good for the multiplayer community of the game. Grinding and boosting them should be discouraged, and banning some boosters could be a ways for them to set an example.

Jarekx

Why are you so defensive? I'm just forwarding what is in the user agreement. The covenants are there to increase the number of players partaking in multiplayer, which is good for the multiplayer community of the game. Grinding and boosting them should be discouraged, and banning some boosters could be a ways for them to set an example.

What? There has to be something I'm missing here? Nothing is gained by doing or encouraging this.

Kyoufu

Because it's fearmongering. This method isn't new. The game has been out since end of March and they've had no problem with it. Dueling for items is how it is. From doesn't care if the other guy lets you win.

Sanctuary

Because it's fearmongering. This method isn't new. The game has been out since end of March and they've had no problem with it. Dueling for items is how it is. From doesn't care if the other guy lets you win.

You might be right, however the game has been out since the end of March and poise still does nothing for the player, yet works perfectly fine for enemies. FROM apparently doesn't have an issue with that either.

Kyoufu

You might be right, however the game has been out since the end of March and poise still does nothing for the player, yet works perfectly fine for enemies. FROM apparently doesn't have an issue with that either.

Right, there are some things still not working as intended but even if this was unintended then From aren't going to ban anybody for taking advantage of it before it's patched.

Nobody has been banned for doing it this way.

Stab, stab, stab, roll, stab, roll, roll, stab, die, repeat.

Starting calsses are not that important and play similar in most cases. But if you want to roleplay as a 'thief'. Get light armor and/or the spook spell and you'll be able to sneak efficiently, untill you run into a large group.
\

I would like to.

Any good early daggers to get? I Know there are the dual wielders once I get to the Road.

myco666

You agree not to "intentionally disconnect from the servers during online play or allow yourself to be beaten by a given player repeatedly to help boost their rankings or win counts in the Game".

Ooops. Really doubt that they would ban from that though. If they didn't put stupid rewards behind covenants then no one would be boosting so it is kinda Froms fault people are boosting.

vocab

They ARE discouraging grinding for the covenants by making the drop rate infinitesimally small.
Thats cool, but blue and darkmoon dont really work. All the other convenants are extremly easy to max out via duels and invasions.

People are forced to grind because implementation is piss poor.

Princes
fight doesn't seem too bad but I don't have the energy to fight them after doing the
Archives
. I'll keep playing tomorrow.

Still need to go back and do the
Consumed King's Garden
too.

Kyoufu

They ARE discouraging grinding for the covenants by making the drop rate infinitesimally small.

From Software don't want you to grind covenant items so they have certain enemies drop said covenant items?

How does your logic work?

Grinding is in place for users who cannot play online. Without it, the covenant rewards and platinum trophy would be unobtainable for anyone without an internet connection.

pa22word

Look I understand the sentiment behind this and all, but at the end of the day you gotta understand that some people just care waaaaay too much about those little chevo images on their tag and they'll do resort to questionable methods to get them. Just forget about them. They're always going to do it, and there's no real way of stopping them, so if they want to cheese out some stuff for an imaginary pat on the back instead of pvp'ing for a few hours per cov then let them. They're only really cheating themselves out of a good time at the end of the day.

Grinding is a little different though. Even if the game was working as intended (and it's not), if someone's crazy enough to kill something for 12 hours straight then I say let them have it. At the end of the day though, most people are grinding out concords because sents/darkmoon is busted. Personally, I'm just not going to do it because there's nothing worth wasting 10 hours grinding--especially not a virtual pat on the back--but if people want to, eh, who cares? No one's getting hurt by it because sents/darkmoon is busted anyways. It's not like there's a shitton of newbs crying around because they're getting rofl-stomped by a shitton of invaders, especially in this god-forsaken game >.>

theaface

Thats cool, but blue and darkmoon dont really work. All the other convenants are extremly easy to max out via duels and invasions.

Indeed. Been playing the game for 50 hours now and I'm still yet to summoned as a blue despite trying to do all the 'right' things. Grinding out Concords is literally my only option to level up that covenant.

test_account

XP-39C²
KOTS/NK boss is so much luck. Really depends on which attack that is being pulled. Some are near impossible to dodge, feels like i'm flipping a coin and have a 50/50 chance if getting hit or not, while the ground fire attack is so easy to dodge (and also means that you can get most hits on it).

UrbanRats

You agree not to "intentionally disconnect from the servers during online play or allow yourself to be beaten by a given player repeatedly to help boost their rankings or win counts in the Game".
Why even bother enforcing this? Who cares? I'm all for shutting down cheaters and hackers, they ruin other people's games, or worse, but someone who finds a little exploit to rank up faster? Whatever.
It's like punishing people farming Souls with some ingame trick or another.

It's not like they're disconnecting from legit fights anyway, they do it between friends.

test_account

XP-39C²

I've had no luck with Watchdogs of Farron or Aldrich Faithful either, so i basically have to do 3x grind.

myco666

KOTS/NK boss is so much luck. Really depends on which attack that is being pulled. Some are near impossible to dodge, feels like i'm flipping a coin and have a 50/50 chance if getting hit or not, while the ground fire attack is so easy to dodge (and also means that you can get most hits on it).

The first phase has kinda luck factor with is the camera shit or not but otherwise I don't think there is any luck involved.

Why even bother enforcing this? Who cares? I'm all for shutting down cheaters and hackers, they ruin other people's games, or worse, but someone who finds a little exploit to rank up faster? Whatever.
It's like punishing people farming Souls with some ingame trick or another.

It's not like they're disconnecting from legit fights anyway, they do it between friends.

Because the totes legit leaderboards get ruined.

test_account

XP-39C²
The first phase has kinda luck factor with is the camera shit or not but otherwise I don't think there is any luck involved.
Yeah, sorry, i was only referring to the first phase. I've never really gotten to the 2nd phase enough times to really try to learn the moves/timing.

Also, while i agree that the camera is bad, i wonder if they really could do much about it to make it better.

Yeah, sorry, i was only referring to the first phase. I've never really gotten to the 2nd phase enough times to really try to learn the moves/timing.

Also, while i agree that the camera is bad, i wonder if they really could do much about it to make it better.

Well the camera could be placed a bit lower and be pointed a bit upwards so you could actually see the dude too and what hes doing.

Sanctuary

Other than shackles being annoying to farm in PvE due to the distance the enemies that can drop them are from a bonfire, what other items actually have such a small drop rate that you would get them faster from PvP? Becuase you sure as hell aren't going to reliably get them through invading. Grinding is boring, but I'd argue that for most covenants, it's way faster than PvP right now, aside from the password option. Well, Sunbro co-op is probably the fastest besides that, but for the rest, I don't see why the drop rate is considered that small, especially when you're actually wearing the appropriate item finding gear. If you want the covenant stuff that badly, just use Hidden Body + Slumbering Dragoncrest + Hornet's Ring to kill most enemies that can't be nuked down quickly enough.

Other than shackles being annoying to farm in PvE due to the distance the enemies that can drop them are from a bonfire, what other items actually have such a small drop rate that you would get them faster from PvP? Becuase you sure as hell aren't going to reliably get them through invading. Grinding is boring, but I'd argue that for most covenants, it's way faster than PvP right now, aside from the password option.

Shackles and Tongues are easy to get PVPing. Although the tongues have pretty good drop rate from the enemies too.

Sanctuary

Shackles and Tongues are easy to get PVPing. Although the tongues have pretty good drop rate from the enemies too.

If all you're doing is being summoned for a 1v1 duel, maybe...
Tongues are extremely easy to get though. You can get around one every two minutes. Shackles are the only covenant item that I can see being truly annoying to grind.

PhaZZe

Banned
I ended this, what a beuty game, i will start a new game, anyone know a good guide for rings, miracles, and all collectables?

Echoplx

Other than shackles being annoying to farm in PvE due to the distance the enemies that can drop them are from a bonfire, what other items actually have such a small drop rate that you would get them faster from PvP? Becuase you sure as hell aren't going to reliably get them through invading. Grinding is boring, but I'd argue that for most covenants, it's way faster than PvP right now, aside from the password option. Well, Sunbro co-op is probably the fastest besides that, but for the rest, I don't see why the drop rate is considered that small, especially when you're actually wearing the appropriate item finding gear. If you want the covenant stuff that badly, just use Hidden Body + Slumbering Dragoncrest + Hornet's Ring to kill most enemies that can't be nuked down quickly enough.

I killed ~1000 knights to get 30 concords with all the item discovery gear.

It's fucked.

If all you're doing is being summoned for a 1v1 duel, maybe...
Tongues are extremely easy to get though. You can get around one every two minutes. Shackles are the only covenant item that I can see being truly annoying to grind.

The fight club area after Pointiff gets you 99% legit 1v1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom