• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well the camera could be placed a bit lower and be pointed a bit upwards so you could actually see the dude too and what hes doing.
Maybe that could work. I still feel like the distancing is the biggest problem though. Like the range of the attacks. Feels so hard to dodge them, and i think it would be similar even if i could see when the attack was coming, but maybe it would be easier.

Sanctuary

I killed ~1000 knights to get 30 concords with all the item discovery gear.

It's fucked.

Dunno what to tell you. I ended up with ten in an hour, and stopped bothering with them because I don't care about the second rank. That's still faster than anything other than constantly winning 1v1.
Actually, I didn't care about either reward, but I wanted to see how bad the drop rate was after everyone kept saying how it was so awful.

Maybe that could work. I still feel like the distancing is the biggest problem though. Like the range of the attacks. Feels so hard to dodge them, and i think it would be similar even if i could see when the attack was coming, but maybe it would be easier.

Its the plunging attack he does after throwing the lightning spear that usually gets me.

Ricker

So now that I beat the game with a Knight if I want to try a totally different type of class and want the ''easiest'' one to play,I should try a Pyromancer...? and I have to do a new game right,not NG + has this will be with my Knight...? cant you keep a NG + going and play a new game with another character...?(PS4)

takriel

Very interesting !! and I think I noticed this...I went into Lotric using the skip and got the huge
winged knight
armour and felt like I was rolling better than I was with the
Dancer
set! It wasnt just my imagination then.

edit:

and on that note:

Wow. It took me two days to edit all this but I finally got my Hyper Mode character, Minimaximus, started and here is my video on how to get it started early in NG using the
dancer
skip and
Sword Master
glitch!

Actually its a secret access with no fighting necessary, but you do have to access it before kiling the Tree boss, which most dont do since its an early boss, albeit optional.

nice, thanks for the video!

is the frequent use of "ok" some sort of american slang thing though? :)

Novocaine

Dunno what to tell you. I ended up with ten in an hour, and stopped bothering with them because I don't care about the second rank. That's still faster than anything other than constantly winning 1v1.
Actually, I didn't care about either reward, but I wanted to see how bad the drop rate was after everyone kept saying how it was so awful.

You're an exception to the rule then. I was farming the 2 silver knights outside of Anor Londo with 40 luck, Symbol of Avarice, covetous gold +1, and the crystal rapier and I was getting times of up to 40 minutes in between drops.

So now that I beat the game with a Knight if I want to try a totally different type of class and want the ''easiest'' one to play,I should try a Pyromancer...? and I have to do a new game right,not NG + has this will be with my Knight...? cant you keep a NG + going and play a new game with another character...?(PS4)

Classes aren't actually classes, they're more a template with the occasional unique item that any player can get later in to the game. You could just respec the character you're playing now into something different and roll into NG+. That way you can keep going with everything you've already collected.

pa22word

Hey anyone who's in the 50-70s on Pc and wants some Concords I'm going to be burning through a bunch of embers and popping dried finger like there's no tomorrow @ pontiff s bonfire here for the next hour or so.

Minamu

Apparently the weird snake sludge guys can hurt you as an invader even without the use of a seed :O Found that out the hard way the other day :lol

I was farming the 2 silver knights outside of Anor Londo with 40 luck, Symbol of Avarice, covetous gold +1, and the crystal rapier and I was getting times of up to 40 minutes in between drops.

I have a feeling the item find stuff dont do anything with the knights since they drop stuff every time anyway. It doesnt do anything to the "quality" of the drops.

Sarcasm

I have these three tomes, what is best thing to do with them?

Deep Braille Divine Tome
Londor Braille Divine Tome
Braille Divine Tome of Carin

Novocaine

I have a feeling the item find stuff dont do anything with the knights since they drop stuff every time anyway. It doesnt do anything to the "quality" of the drops.

Maybe so. They were dropping 1-4 things every time with the gear on. Usually a shard and a couple of pieces of SK gear. Anyway it didn't hurt to have it equipped, they weren't too difficult to kill.

Kyoufu

Item Discovery definitely boosts the drop rate. 40 Luck in itself isn't very noticeable because 1 Luck stat = 1 Item Discovery.

So you'll need to stack Item Discovery boosters in order to reach at least 360 which is around 3.6% drop chance or so I think. If you can get to 450+ then you'll find the grind much less painful.

Dimmle

I ended this, what a beuty game, i will start a new game, anyone know a good guide for rings, miracles, and all collectables?

I think you can get all the information you need for a 100% run on the various Dark Souls 3 wikis.

Does anyone have a link to that Google Doc guide?

Kyoufu

Luck is a shit stat, isn't it.

Magic is also kinda shit in this game isn't it.

Luck is great for Bleed builds.

Magic is good in all parts of the game. Early on, Pyro, Heals and Hidden Body will get you very far and late game you can nuke stuff with high INT/FTH.

Other than shackles being annoying to farm in PvE due to the distance the enemies that can drop them are from a bonfire, what other items actually have such a small drop rate that you would get them faster from PvP? Becuase you sure as hell aren't going to reliably get them through invading. Grinding is boring, but I'd argue that for most covenants, it's way faster than PvP right now, aside from the password option. Well, Sunbro co-op is probably the fastest besides that, but for the rest, I don't see why the drop rate is considered that small, especially when you're actually wearing the appropriate item finding gear. If you want the covenant stuff that badly, just use Hidden Body + Slumbering Dragoncrest + Hornet's Ring to kill most enemies that can't be nuked down quickly enough.

I did the wolf covenant in one sitting. It was very fast and fun.

Darkmoon is way slower. I just equip the convenant item as I progress through the game. I got summoned 5 times this morning. Got 2 on the first. The second, the invader died as I stepped in. The third I killed a mad phantom than dueled the red one for several minutes but the host managed to get himself killed. The fourth couldn't connect. The fifth, I spotted the host and the red phantom fighting with depleted health bars, rolled off a roof and landed on the red phantom for my third kill.

I can see it being frustrating if you're going for 30 kills and have nothing else to do.

Dimmle

I've done Darkmoon, Sunbro, and the Fingers in one to two sessions of PVP each. I want to know why the frequency is so poor for so many other people; in my opinion, this is From's biggest failure with DS3. Players are having unequal experiences online.

Ferr986

Man the
Anri ceremony
cutscene is fucked up. Can't believe people consider the
Usurpation of Fire
the good ending. Fuck those Londor guys.

Tingle

Apparently the weird snake sludge guys can hurt you as an invader even without the use of a seed :O Found that out the hard way the other day :lol

I was invading in
the Lost Izalith ruins
and I was surprised to find that the
Black Knights
also attack invaders without seeds. I think its because the
Black Knights
are tagged to be hostile to most other enemy types. They will also attack the
Frogs and Torig, or whatever he is called.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wish from would stop calling summons host of embers
just in a fight and though the actual host had died so I just suicided myself and it turns out it was the phantom

Ferr986

I wish from would stop calling summons host of embers
just in a fight and though the actual host had died so I just suicided myself and it turns out it was the phantom

Its a special ring where a summon can appear as a host. Theres also one for the host to appear as a summon.

Class doesnt matter. If you wanna go magic Id say go pyro yes, its considered the strongest within the magic builds currently. Otherwise go Strength and use a greatsword or bigger. Youll breeze through the content. Warrior is great as his starting weapon is very strong in the beginning.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
As of today i'm getting extremely bad framerates. Nothing has changed on my end and I played yesterday just fine. I tried turning everything down and switched to window mode but nothing helped. Firelink shrine and
Lothric Castle
were the two areas I tried but no matter where I went it was unplayable.

KOTS/NK boss is so much luck. Really depends on which attack that is being pulled. Some are near impossible to dodge, feels like i'm flipping a coin and have a 50/50 chance if getting hit or not, while the ground fire attack is so easy to dodge (and also means that you can get most hits on it).

If only I could properly get through the
1st part
to enjoy the
2nd part
The trick about NK's first phase is about staying in front of him at a distance at all times when anticipating his next pattern, only locking on to the upper half when he's doing his most telegraphed attacks
(like the overhead smash when he's charging it with lightning or when he takes flight)
. Trivialized the initial fight for me once I learnt his moves and relatively frequently performed a perfect run for that particular phase, with the camera only rarely becoming a nuisance. This was without the use of a shield and some aggressive rolling, given that he tends to leave himself wide open with his long recoveries.

Man the
Anri ceremony
cutscene is fucked up. Can't believe people consider the
Usurpation of Fire
the good ending. Fuck those Londor guys.

Yeah, I'm not going that route. They're manipulating just as hard as Frampt and Gwyndolin did in the first game. Fuck that, I'll make my own decision when the time comes. Also
Anri's normal route seems cooler anyway. Wouldn't want to miss out on it for getting that ending

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Anyone? at 75 and struggling after
Dancer
and climbing
ladder
+ no summon signs :(

I had a similar experience. Got to
Lothric Castle
and couldn't kill anything. I was around level 69 though. I've had to use coop to get anywhere. I'm using a kinda dex build with a halbred but my stats are kinda all over the place.

Mideon

Just finished it 33 hours didn't miss any bosses but summoned for the last few. Missed pretty much all NPC quests though :-(

N° 2048

I had a similar experience. Got to
Lothric Castle
and couldn't kill anything. I was around level 69 though. I've had to use coop to get anywhere. I'm using a kinda dex build with a halbred but my stats are kinda all over the place.

oh wow sounds like my build too. i don't mind using co op but there are NO summons anywhere but if I put down a soapstone I get summoned rightaway.

SDR-UK

oh wow sounds like my build too. i don't mind using co op but there are NO summons anywhere but if I put down a soapstone I get summoned rightaway.

PS4? I can throw down some help if necessary, just set your password to NGAF and cross region setting on.

Oh and just so I know, are we talking of the area left after you climb the ladder or the area right in front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom