• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a faith / lightning spear build viable?

Totally. I'm running a faith build. As soon as I found a lightning gem I made a lightning lothric knight sword and got it to +10. I'm killing regular enemies in 1 or 2 hits and stuff like knights can be dealt with in one combo of 4 or 5 hits. My faith is at 40 and my at is 404.

Beat N
ameless
K
ing
. Took 7 tries. 2 tries to figure out the first phase pattern and I never died to it after that then 5 for his 2nd phase. Imma be honest, I probably got mad lucky on my 7th attempt.
I decided to roll with as high a Lightning Resist shield as I could and just tanked the Bolt and Bolt Spread attacks. Twice during the fight he just did a single attack away from me and paused which let me rack up damage. Got super lucky that he hit his grab and I had high enough absorption that it didn't install kill me when I wasn't topped off.

Good good fight. Super hard to read.

I've done Darkmoon, Sunbro, and the Fingers in one to two sessions of PVP each. I want to know why the frequency is so poor for so many other people; in my opinion, this is From's biggest failure with DS3. Players are having unequal experiences online.

What levels were you?

Ive been sitting a 28 for a while now. I'm really not that far in.

Slurmer

Banned
how does that covenant really work?

you have to be summoned?
because I never touch any of those purple summon signs.
Yeah you have to be summoned. I usually lay a summon sign out by the dragon barracks bonfire and it takes about 20 seconds tops to be summoned.

Ladekabel

Beat
Pontiff Sulycahn
on my third try. First two times I was overwhelmed and thought this is going to be tough. Turns out, it was quite easy. Placed my summoning sign in the
Church bonfire
because I wanted to play with a buddy, but he had internet problem so someone other summoned me. Together with two other people I beat the level again.

Now Siegward told something about a dungeon. Where can I find that?

Korosenai

How exactly do I want to spec a sorcerer (focusing on intelligence) in this game? I know I'm going to 50 int, just wondering if I should focus on strength or dex, and where I should take attunement?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
How exactly do I want to spec a sorcerer (focusing on intelligence) in this game? I know I'm going to 50 int, just wondering if I should focus on strength or dex, and where I should take attunement?

60 Int. It's a must. And I went with 35 attunement. Served me well.

Dimmle

(ending spoiler)

Why would you
kill the Ashen Maiden in the End of Fire ending
? Is the idea that you're
snuffing out those tiny flames she sees
? Is this supposed to be the misanthropic, nihilist ending?

test_account

XP-39C²
The trick about NK's first phase is about staying in front of him at a distance at all times when anticipating his next pattern, only locking on to the upper half when he's doing his most telegraphed attacks
(like the overhead smash when he's charging it with lightning or when he takes flight)
. Trivialized the initial fight for me once I learnt his moves and relatively frequently performed a perfect run for that particular phase, with the camera only rarely becoming a nuisance. This was without the use of a shield and some aggressive rolling, given that he tends to leave himself wide open with his long recoveries.
Thanks for the tip, but isnt he more likely to do the flying attack when staying at a distance? Or doing the charge attack. I tried to use the bow from a distance once, but i didnt have a chance.

N° 2048

I beat Dancer at around 65 and steamed through the next area.

As a pyro too.

What's your dex, str, int and faith?

PS4? I can throw down some help if necessary, just set your password to NGAF and cross region setting on.

Oh and just so I know, are we talking of the area left after you climb the ladder or the area right in front?

Once I go up the ladder and go straight (iirc) there's a guy in a room that wrecks me.
Also
Oceiros, the Consumed King
and just the enemies in the area in general are hard.
i'll hit you up if I need more help later, thanks :)

myco666

Yeah you have to be summoned. I usually lay a summon sign out by the dragon barracks bonfire and it takes about 20 seconds tops to be summoned.

Nope. You can also invade and get the rewards. I got almost all of mine from using Red Eye Orb.

why would I summon a purple phantom?

PVP duel. Or if you are like me and just want to watch the world burn you use Dried Finger + Seed and bring in as much hostile phantoms as you can. Purples are good since they can also attack invaders.

Dimmle

Just saw a 3 katana build on YT.

Onikiri and Ubadachi in the left hand + another katana in the right.

Totally doing that. lol

I love the special on Onikiri and Ubadachi. All I can think is:

latest

Randam

surprised so many people seem to have problems with the King of Storms.

beat him first try and don't think I died at all trying to beat the Nameless King.

Nameless King though, died in seconds the first few attemps..

test_account

XP-39C²
surprised so many people seem to have problems with the King of Storms.

beat him first try and don't think I died at all trying to beat the Nameless King.

Nameless King though, died in seconds the first few attemps..
Depends on how lucky you are with the attacks that hes doing. Some of the attacks are harder to dodge than others. Also depends on which build you're using and the range of the weapon.

Beat
Pontiff Sulycahn
on my third try. First two times I was overwhelmed and thought this is going to be tough. Turns out, it was quite easy. Placed my summoning sign in the
Church bonfire
because I wanted to play with a buddy, but he had internet problem so someone other summoned me. Together with two other people I beat the level again.

Now Siegward told something about a dungeon. Where can I find that?
How to get to the dungeon:

From the church bonfire go out the only other door. Down the path to the left is a building full of creatures that only have their eyes visible. Go through that building, down the stairs, and across the swamp. At the end of the swamp there is an opening that leads underground. Follow that to find the dungeon.

Gvitor

Welp, I'm stuck. I can't beat N
ameless
K
ing
nor the T
win
P
rinces.

Thinking about doing a re-spec and up both str and dex, then infuse my broadsword with a refined gem. I'm currently using a heavy gem and have str40 and dex10. 38 endurance and recently I've been upgrading vit so I can use a decent armor without fat roll.

Way of the Blue people using dried finger are the unsung heroes.

I love doing this on my NG+ playthrough (SL80 atm).

As soon as I enter a new area all hell breaks loose. Dried Finger; Way of Blue; every sign I come across and the occasional seed. It certainly makes things interesting!

Some invaders creates an arena which is always fun.

I should have gone to the G
rand
A
rchives
a lot sooner, Gotthard Twinswords are really good. They do decent damage Chaos infused with the fire clutch ring, and the moveset is fantastic.

pa22word

I put on Way of Blue and use Dried Fingers after I claim my victim's soul.

Bless you, Gundyr Halberd.

Speaking of halberd...

They are my anti-game. Any time someone pulls it out in PVP my ass is /dead/. Can't get any hyper armor to bust through the BK Glaive nor Gundyr varients, and the stun lock is real. It honestly shocks me I don't see more people using them because from my perspective they are real as fuck. I even have taken to using Gundyr's occasionally because one time someone wrecked my ass so hard with one I didn't even get a single hit in.

I should have gone to the G
rand
A
rchives
a lot sooner, Gotthard Twinswords are really good. They do decent damage Chaos infused with the fire clutch ring, and the moveset is fantastic.

Bad news bro =\

You can't get the gotthard twinswords early, nor get to GA early. That corpse drops after you beat your second to last lord of cinder no matter when you beat dancer

Jedi2016

Question about Yoel's questline and such:

In regards to the Hollowing, specifically, and side effects like not casting a shadow. Does that go away if you Reverse Hollowing, or only when you completely get rid of the Dark Sigil?

Styles

I love doing this on my NG+ playthrough (SL80 atm).

As soon as I enter a new area all hell breaks loose. Dried Finger; Way of Blue; every sign I come across and the occasional seed. It certainly makes things interesting!

Some invaders creates an arena which is always fun.

I've been doing this all day. <3 Sents/Darkmoons everywhere, I love it.

Other than shackles being annoying to farm in PvE due to the distance the enemies that can drop them are from a bonfire, what other items actually have such a small drop rate that you would get them faster from PvP?

Shackles have a decent drop rate from the two Carthus Knights that are a few steps up the hallway from the Catacombs bonfire.

I found out about this when I already had 27 of them. :/

(ending spoiler)

Why would you
kill the Ashen Maiden in the End of Fire ending
? Is the idea that you're
snuffing out those tiny flames she sees
? Is this supposed to be the misanthropic, nihilist ending?

It's either what you said, you want the world of darkness without any hope, or you could also say you want Irina to be the sole firekeeper if you went that route with her.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Why 60?

What did you do for vigor, endurance, and strength/dex?

60's the soft cap for spell damage. It still scales high up to 99. You don't need much strength or dex. I went 10/12 so I could use a Raw Estoc. Endurance I went to 15. You can reasonably go to 20 I'd say. Vigor is 27. The soft cap gives you 1000 hp and that's plenty.

Speaking of halberd...

Bad news bro =

You can't get the gotthard twinswords early, nor get to GA early. That corpse drops after you beat your second to last lord of cinder no matter when you beat dancer

Ah, that's dissapointing. They should have at least made him a difficult mini boss, if you get there before you're supposed to.

Sarcasm

Bless you for wearing way of blue ;-;

I helped about 10 people score concords today when I was dried finger'ing. We should have a blue sent/darkmoon thread to set up times for proper farming via a couple of guys blue mooning and dried finger'ing.

I honestly haven't done anything covenant wise and just figured I used that one. I don't really know what I am doing with them (all covenants for that matter)..so enlighten me...

Dried fingers reset invasion time right? I still don't know -.-

MrHoot

I've gotten a shitload more recently as a b
lade of the darkmoon
. Like I would get 3 in a row sometimes, playing in the middle of the afternoon EU time

Styles

Speaking of the Gotthard Twinswords, I've praised it before but the L1 roll attack is fucking OP in PvP. I keep rolling until I see an open to thrust them into the opponent with L!. Rinse and repeat until you win!

Yeah, I love it, but range seems a bit iffy.

You can do: L1 + L1 + L2 + L1 combo, if it connects is a thing of beauty.

Used that weapon exclusively in my NG+ run. It makes me sad that it would be really difficult to grab it early in a run in NG because it is so much fun to use.

When I do another dex character, I'll probably just use the Uchi for 90% of the game again. I wish Onikiri or Gotthard were available earlier.

myco666

I honestly haven't done anything covenant wise and just figured I used that one. I don't really know what I am doing with them (all covenants for that matter)..so enlighten me...

Dried fingers reset invasion time right? I still don't know -.-

Dried Finger removes the invasion timer and so that you are on top priority for invasions and you will get constant invasions after using it. It also opens up your game to be invaded by two people and allows you to summon 3 players yourself.

That is amazing but who is that boss at the very end? I don't recognize that guy or location and I've beaten them all.

That's Yhorm. It's just that by the time you are at that phase, you already know the gimmick. Unless you mean the guy with the lightning, who is in a pretty hidden location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom