• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the new page can help me out.

Quick question

So I beat a mob boss in
the church with the two giants. I go up a lift and head down some stairs and see the Onion Knight. I start to walk across then he flips a switch, takes off his helmet, blah blah blah, thinks he killed me, but Giants were already dead blah blah blah.

My question is, where is the switch to raise that particular gate? I see two other switches that raise two other gates, but not a third.

Herbs

Banned
You mean this?
ClaRphU.gif

dark souls distilled

joanot

Guys, there is a lava room with some items in
Old King’s Antechamber
is it worth making a suicidal run to get them ?

Boogdud

I rather liked the final boss. Design might have been bland, but he wasn't a pushover at least for me at level 60. I was literally the sweating knight pic when he
went to full health after beating him the first time

I rather liked the final boss. Design might have been bland, but he wasn't a pushover at least for me at level 60. I was literally the sweating knight pic when he

I was really tired last night and wasn't thinking or performing my best, but looking back I think I like the final boss more thinking back on it and the mechanics of it.

Brakke

Banned
Beat Aldrich at last! The big secret was: don't summon anyone, lol. I defaulted into summoning for that fight because it seemed tough and since I had done it with Anri first, I figured team-up was the answer. But actually it was way easier taking down lower-health Aldrich.

How lame is it that you just get awkwardly teleported to the High Wall (after you kill your third Lord of Cinder I think?) tho.

Quick question

So I beat a mob boss in
the church with the two giants. I go up a lift and head down some stairs and see the Onion Knight. I start to walk across then he flips a switch, takes off his helmet, blah blah blah, thinks he killed me, but Giants were already dead blah blah blah.

My question is, where is the switch to raise that particular gate? I see two other switches that raise two other gates, but not a third.

I didn't get that cutscene so I dunno for sure. But one of the switches is on the ground level. Another I think you need to access by falling down onto a certain area from the up in rafters.

Shredderi

Last boss question:
How do you dodge his spear double swing? I don't think it's actually possible to roll two times in a row fast enough and his tracking ensures that it hits you.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

That's one of my favorite moments of the game.
Well he had an elaborate moveset, but at least I got hi... oh.

Quick question

So I beat a mob boss in

You need to go up the rafters near the roof where the knights are if you know where that is and then drop down at pretty much the only platform that you can from there, go across them and then to the left and there is the platform to drop to, if I remember correctly. The lever should be on that floor somewhere.

Last boss question:
How do you dodge his spear double swing? I don't think it's actually possible to roll two times in a row fast enough and his tracking ensures that it hits you.
You can if you roll backwards or towards him ,don't roll to the sides. It's tough, but can be done.

Bowlie

Banned

I had used almost all my flasks when I saw that and went "oh... I'm so fucked."

That's the poison area right? Yeah, it's lame like all the other Souls and Borne poison areas.

Yep, that's it. If they make another one, I really wish they would stop doing these types of levels. It's frustrating as hell. It would be more tolerable if you didn't get slowed down so much (I know, you can equip an Dagger art thing supposedly).

Yea, it blows but it only gets worse believe it or not. The enemies and traps keep on coming.

Oh lovely... I've enjoyed a lot of the other areas, so that's kind of a shame to hear.

You need to go up the rafters near the roof where the knights are if you know where that is and then drop down at pretty much the only platform that you can from there, go across them and then to the left and there is the platform to drop to, if I remember correctly. The lever should be on that floor somewhere.

Hmmmm. Never saw a rafter area. I guess I'll do a little more exploring.

Ferr986

Oh no :( Do you have it fully Max'ed? That has been my favorite weapon in every DS game...

I have it at +4 (tops at +5). Uchi is at +9. The blade does a whooping average of 10 points of damage.

Considering that at+4 it already has the S scaling, I don't expect to change much between a +5 and +10.

Got to say my Uchi has a sharp infusion, but still. The blade can't be infused.

Dahbomb

Someone in the spoiler thread figured out
how to fuse together the two Lothric Princes swords together into one Greatsword!!!

wee-bey-gif.gif

Brohan

I went through that in the late 30s, go explore, there's some sweet loot there that I would recommend getting before going to the next area.

K well i guess i will fight my way through it then. And i guess i will stall my leveling for a while. Don't want to become overleveled.

jett

D-Member
Fighting
Lorian
is the kind of thing that makes me think that some FROM designers are just fucking shit. It's not a bossfight against this enemy, it's a bossfight against the fucking garbage camera that all of these games have ever suffered from.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Man,
Aldrich devour of gods
is such a shit boss. Cheap ass spells that last way too long, too strong.

This game has some shit design that has carried over from 2. Enemies with unlimited poise and stamina and cheap bosses with lazy design.

Mindlog

Randomly put on Way of the Blue.
Get invaded because I'm entering a new area.
Fine chap using pine paper on a Scythe.
I'm in random PvE gear with my Zwei.
I win.

Ten seconds later a Blue Sentinel joins my game, completes its duty and immediately returns to its world with the victory reward -_-

LiK

Man, Aldrich devour of gods is such a shit boss. Cheap ass spells that last way too long, too strong.

This game has some shit design that has carried over from 2. Enemies with unlimited poise and stamina and cheap bosses with lazy design.

Pretty awful boss, I agree.

Sullichin

Fighting
Lorian
is the kind of thing that makes me think that some FROM designers are just fucking shit. It's not a bossfight against this enemy, it's a bossfight against the fucking garbage camera that all of these games have ever suffered from.
It's probably the best fight in the game. Sounds like you're locking on too much.

K' Dash

K well i guess i will fight my way through it then. And i guess i will stall my leveling for a while. Don't want to become overleveled.

Don't stall, the next required area after the catacombs has a bit of a dificulty spike, just don't farm souls to level up, let it happen naturally and you'll be fine.

Explore that area really well, I missed a big chunk the first time.

Dresden

Fighting
Lorian
is the kind of thing that makes me think that some FROM designers are just insert insult here. It's not a bossfight against this enemy, it's a bossfight against the fucking garbage camera that all of these games have ever suffered from.

didn't think it was that bad there, it stays locked on when he teleports unless he goes out of frame, and that's when you roll and swing the camera around.

that double
croc dog encounter
after the p
ontiff
though, the camera basically gives up

zewone

So how does Flynn's Ring works now?

:(

Does not give attack power after 30 (flat) equipment weight.
Gives a maximum of 15% attack power increase.
Estimated, for each flat weight under 30, gives 0.5% attack power increase.
The rings weight is applied before calculation.
It appears to only give attack power to physical damage on weapons.

Dahbomb

Fighting
Lorian
Time to disengage lock on then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom