• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feel when you're a pyromancer and find the
Witch's Ring

0Q6wAtu0.png

zewone

Man,
Aldrich devour of gods
is such a shit boss. Cheap ass spells that last way too long, too strong.

This game has some shit design that has carried over from 2. Enemies with unlimited poise and stamina and cheap bosses with lazy design.

I'll take cheap bosses over shitty bosses like the mini-popes and Lord Wolnir.

Sullichin

Man,
Aldrich devour of gods

This game has some shit design that has carried over from 2. Enemies with unlimited poise and stamina and cheap bosses with lazy design.
What's lazy about the boss design? There's no blue smelter demon repeats here. And there's a good variety of types of fights I think.

Manu

Fighting
Lorian
is the kind of thing that makes me think that some FROM designers are just fucking shit. It's not a bossfight against this enemy, it's a bossfight against the fucking garbage camera that all of these games have ever suffered from.

I didn't have any issues with the camera on this fight specifically. If you're locked into him, the lock-on follows him when he teleports, unless he teleports to do a long range attack, in which case he gives you enough time to rotate the camera and look for him before actually attacking.

EDIT: lol

Time to disengage lock on then.

Im actually scratching my head at people finding aldritch hard let alone thinking hes lazy.

Biggest thing you gotta watch out for is his arrows which already have like a 3second start up then all you gotta do is roll in a pattern. His body is super long which makes it easy to attack. His other moves are standard attacks.

Dahbomb

Why not just make a better lock-on camera?
Because it's not that easy. Anytime you introduce fast moving, large or teleporting enemies/bosses... the lock on camera is going to spaz out. I's especially true if the lock on camera centers behind the player all the time. This is not a Souls game exclusive problem.

ApharmdX

Banned
Man,
Aldrich devour of gods

There are some crappy enemies in this game with too much poise, hard to argue with that. I've liked the bosses so far, however. Most of them are pretty fair. I had some trouble with
Aldrich
myself. He didn't take that much damage and his spells are pretty cheap.

KorrZ

The gap in bonfires in I
rithyl
D
ungeon
is pretty ridiculous

I stopped there last night, I was in "I'll just play until the next bonfire" mode and yeah that didn't end up happening. I was just sprinting right past the whole first area at the end.

Christ, I'm playing on XB1, and during a certain point in
Catacombs of Carthus
the framerate of some skeletons I was fighting dipped so low, it was like watching Jason and the fucking Argonauts. The framerate of everything else was fine, but it only affected the skeletons. It happens sometimes in Bloodborne too.

Dahbomb

My only problem with the bosses in Dark Souls 3 is that
too many of them follow the "dude with weapon" archetype. And usually that weapon is a flaming sword. Granted this is my favorite archetype of boss fights in the Souls games but still not enough variety in body types of bosses. Like there's hardly any legit giant dragon boss fight in the game.

Like look at this list:
Gundyr: Dude with giant axe type weapon. Gimmick is he transforms midway into a blob monster. Same for Champion Gundyr.
Farron's Undead Legion: Dude with flaming sword, has another buddy that helps him and then a 3rd buddy that attacks him.
Nameless King: Dude with Lightning spear. Probably the most different from the others due to starting on a dragon and uses lightning on his attacks.
Dancer: Girl with flaming sword(s).
Pontiff: Dude with flame sword and dark sword that creates a doppelganger of himself as his gimmick.
Yhorm: Giant dude with flame axe like weapon. Gimmick is that he dies in 4 hits with a special weapon.
Old Demon King: Dude with flaming mace.
Soul of Cinder: Dude with flaming "sword". This is a pretty cool boss fight though and worthy of being the final boss of the series IMO.
Lorian: Dude with flaming sword with a gimmick of having an sorcerer as support.
Aldrich: Dude with flame halberd that also has dark enchant. More of a spellcaster though.

too many of them follow the "dude with weapon" archetype. And usually that weapon is a flaming sword. Granted this is my favorite archetype of boss fights in the Souls games but still not enough variety in body types of bosses. Like there's hardly any legit giant dragon boss fight in the game.
The game's got two of the coolest dragon fights in the entire series.

Where the hell is that at?
You get there from
Lothric Castle

Ferr986

Man I don't see how I'm gonna be able to win the P
rince fight

I don't have enough stamina for all dem balls and swings and shit. Also, FROM hasn't learn that bosses
teleporting
is a no go cause it breaks your lock and simply makes you unable to see where the hit will come.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
What's lazy about the boss design? There's no blue smelter demon repeats here. And there's a good variety of types of fights I think.

I prefer the smelter to this.

Aldrich
just keeps casting huge damage spells, nothing to it other than that. He does nothing else. Even his second phase is more of the same. Spells that last until they hit you by chasing. It's fucking ridiculous.

This isn't just the anger talking, but I'm appreciating dark Souls 2 the more I play 3.

Nameless

There are some crappy enemies in this game with too much poise, hard to argue with that. I've liked the bosses so far, however. Most of them are pretty fair. I had some trouble with
Aldrich
myself. He didn't take that much damage and his spells are pretty cheap.

Aldrich
is really easy if you smother him. He only has 2-3 highly telegraphed melee moves which are easy to avoid. When he disappears just run to the center of the room and immediately hop on his ass when you see him start to reappear. If you don't get there before the
arrow rain
just roll or run backwards and you should avoid most of it.

He killed me twice when I was trying to avoid his spells but I pretty nearly got a flawless victory with this method.

jett

D-Member
BTW I love wasting 60 seconds of my life getting on an elevator and running through a corridor of enemies every time I die at a boss. Such good design. The best ever.

man every time in a souls game I try a spear faith build and they always fall flat. It seems in ds3 faith is terrible, and spears dont seem to be very good. Anybody got anything different?

Sullichin

Aldrich
just keeps casting huge damage spells, nothing to it other than that. He does nothing else. Even his second phase is more of the same. Spells that last until they hit you by chasing. It's fucking ridiculous.

This isn't just the anger talking, but I'm appreciating dark Souls 2 the more I play 3.

I mean, most of the guys with swords just swing a sword at you the whole time. Nothing to it other than that. Don't see what's so ridiculous about that

Brakke

Banned
Im actually scratching my head at people finding aldritch hard let alone thinking hes lazy.

Biggest thing you gotta watch out for is his arrows which already have like a 3second start up then all you gotta do is roll in a pattern. His body is super long which makes it easy to attack. His other moves are standard attacks.

Yeah both his tracker souls and his arrows you can dodge just by running even, as long as you don't pick a dumb route. And then his melee has super long wind-up. He's a classic case of "take it slow", since he hits like a truck but is pretty easy to read.

Giants
were screwed so hard in DS2, oh I forgot DS2 didnt happen...so much

Aldrich

If you're having more trouble with Aldrich than Smelter then your weapon isn't good enough, the dude melts under swings. The only problem are the arrows but just run like crazy.

BTW I love wasting 60 seconds of my life getting on an elevator and running through a corridor of enemies every time I die at a boss. Such good design. The best ever.

L&L? You've probably missed a shortcut, you can get to him without encountering any enemies.

LiK

i feel like even tho the O
ld Demon King
boss wasn't that hard, he was a fucking pain in the ass to see what he was doing through the whole fight.

jett

D-Member
man every time in a souls game I try a spear faith build and they always fall flat. It seems in ds3 faith is terrible, and spears dont seem to be very good. Anybody got anything different?

I think weapons are balanced horribly in this game. My starting weapon shouldn't still be the most viable weapon I have in the game.

Timeaisis

OK, so I'm on
Aldritch.
Would be a normally-hard boss for me but phase two he's got
hominig arrows
that I cannot outrun and die to just about every time. I can get him to 1/4th life every fight, but then I die to that same attack. I have no idea how to doge it. Any tips?

Dahbomb

OK, so I'm on
Aldritch.
hominig arrows
that I cannot outrun and die to just about every time. I can get him to 1/4th life every fight, but then I die to that same attack. I have no idea how to doge it. Any tips?
Dodge/run in a circle to throw off the straight path of the attack. It's kinda like the Rom meteor shower attack in Bloodborne if you have experience with that.

OK, so I'm on
Aldritch.
hominig arrows

dodge em when they go after you they travel in one direction

ld Demon King
boss wasn't that hard, he was a fucking pain in the ass to see what he was doing through the whole fight.

Eh, he's not hard because the arena is way too big, you don't even have to look for tells, just stay away until he does a easily punishable attack.

KHlover

Banned
ld Demon King

Yeah, camera is way more of a threat than the actual attacks in this fight. Have fun with
King of the Storm
later :D

For some bosses it's just better to drop the target cam alltogether.

OK, so I'm on
Aldritch.
hominig arrows

As long as you're not fat rolling you can p much dodge roll in circles and be fine, its what i did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom