• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeaisis

Dodge/run in a circle to throw off the straight path of the attack. It's kinda like the Rom meteor shower attack in Bloodborne if you have experience with that.

Yeah, the zig-zag thing. Trouble is, the arena doesn't seem big enough for me to do that, but I'll try it. Thanks.

GulAtiCa

That feel when you're a pyromancer and find the
Witch's Ring

0Q6wAtu0.png

Tell me about it! Combine it with the Great Swamp Ring and you really increase your damage.

Yeah, camera is way more of a threat than the actual attacks in this fight. Have fun with
King of the Storm
later :D

For some bosses it's just better to drop the target cam alltogether.

Tbf, they actually really tried with that fight. I think you could actually go through it with a lock on if you keep turning it on and off, because
it will actually switch targeting depending on who is about to attack

LiK

Yeah, camera is way more of a threat than the actual attacks in this fight. Have fun with
King of the Storm
later :D

For some bosses it's just better to drop the target cam alltogether.

i usually hate any huge bosses in these games cuz i can't see shit. it's happened in every Soulsborne game. i do fine otherwise.

Sephzilla

A
ldrich
is probably my least favorite boss in Dark Souls 3. Which is a shame considering it
shares the same room as one of the best Dark Souls bosses ever

ApharmdX

Banned
Aldrich
is really easy if you smother him. He only has 2-3 highly telegraphed melee moves which are easy to avoid. When he disappears just run to the center of the room and immediately hop on his ass when you see him start to reappear. If you don't get there before the
arrow rain
just roll or run backwards and you should avoid most of it.

He killed me twice when I was trying to avoid his spells but I pretty nearly got a flawless victory with this method.

I'll try that on my next playthrough. Getting him to 50% is easy enough but when he starts his arrow rain, which is extended when he's low, I had some trouble.

Dahbomb

A
ldrich
is probably my least favorite boss in Dark Souls 3. Which is a shame considering it
shares the same room as one of the best Dark Souls bosses ever
Not even close.

Worst Dark Souls 3 boss is the
Deacons of the Deep boss fight.
Straight up DS2 tier boss fight right there and I am talking about the worst of the worst DS2 tier here.

I think weapons are balanced horribly in this game. My starting weapon shouldn't still be the most viable weapon I have in the game.

Like I realized it when I fought the
tree boss
and realized the random broadsword I got was a way better weapon than the spear. At that point I was like yeah spears seem whack. I'm still open to using spears in the later game, but they just dont seem as good as swords. From what I understand nothing do so idk

Sephzilla

The sunbro blocking the door is the best part because that's when you know it's a trap.

Not even close.

Straight up DS2 tier boss fight right there and I am talking about the worst of the worst DS2 tier here.

Deacons of the Deep
is at least inoffensive and over quickly.
Aldrich
's basically one-hit-kill attacks are annoying.

LiK

Not even close.

i was actually laughing during that "boss" fight. the area was pretty challenging and i was prepared for the worst.

Not even close.

Nah, not even they are worse than Jabba the Hutt boss from DS2, that one feels like they completely forgot to add some moveset to him or something, the dude has nothing, and even his look and concept are boring. His only good move is that he can get all of your equipment, but guess what not only is he never going to hit you with it, but even if he does, he is so bad that you can kill him with fists.

How do different talismans/chimes affect miracles? Specifically, what is the importance of their scaling with faith? I have a few and it seems I do more damage on talismans with high 'spell buff' than with talismans with high faith scaling.

Ferr986

ok, forget what I said earlier about the
Chaos
Blade. For some reason, even though the letter scaling doesn't chage, going from +4 to +5 gives it a big jump, more than the Uchi going from +9 to +10.

Still not comparable to its DS1 or 2 version but seems like it may be worth if maxed.

kagamin

Continuing from earlier, C
hampion Gundyr
is probably one of my favorite bosses in the series up there with Darklurker. My favorites are always DLC or optional bosses lol.

Boogdud

Not even close.

Seriously? I beat it on the first try, without even knowing the fight. Went in completely blind. It's nowhere near DS2 tier, maybe if you're a caster or something...

For me I had a really hard time with regular mobs, I'm looking at you dungeon and archives.

I'm about to start a new character instead of NG+

Thinking about doing a Strength build instead of dex and probably sprinkle in some magic of my choosing. I'm not a fan of greatswords, I don't want to be super duper fast like a full dex build but I don't want to be a slow poke.

Without doing a straight quality build where swinging a clamor is boring, are there enough interesting STR weapons out there to please me?

kagamin

Thinking about doing a Strength build instead of dex and probably sprinkle in some magic of my choosing. I'm not a fan of greatswords, I don't want to be super duper fast like a full dex build but I don't want to be a slow poke.

Without doing a straight quality build where swinging a clamor is boring, are there enough interesting STR weapons out there to please me?

Axes?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me at the difficulty spike in
Anor Londo
. Fucking Knights and other strong enemies between bonfire and a super hard boss. Hard to run past it all without taking damage.

LiK

why make a new one? you can
respec with a covenant

Sullichin

Heavy Dark Sword is amazing

If you wanna go bigger, check out the Black Knight Greataxe. Became my favorite weapon in the game (again)

why make a new one? you can
respec

idk, for some reason I've always like doing a fresh character instead of having everything unlocked from the start with a bunch of weapons and stuff.

I might do NG+ instead and try to find a different weapon for DEX to keep me interested, or I can start leveling some of my magic stats instead considering I'm only LV 72 and I have my DEX soft capped.

SkylineRKR

Black Knight Greatsword is boss. It scales well with STR. UGS are sort of slow for DS3 behavior but tanking a hit and R2 them to pieces is fucking ace. Rocking the whole set minus helmet.

Nah, not even they are worse than Jabba the Hutt boss from DS2, that one feels like they completely forgot to add some moveset to him or something, the dude has nothing, and even his look and concept are boring. His only good move is that he can get all of your equipment, but guess what not only is he never going to hit you with it, but even if he does, he is so bad that you can kill him with fists.

Yeah he's the worst ever. Along with the Congregration mages. Those are completely pointless bosses. They also sort of appear at dumb sections.

The
Deacons of the Deep
is much better than that and I saw it as a nice nod to Phalanx.

Timeaisis

Of course, right after I post that I kill him. Thanks, guys.

Also, uh...so I got right into the
Dancer
fight and I was just like nope and homeward bone'd right out of there. How do I uh...get back to the fight now?

Dancer
fight and I was just like nope and homeward bone'd right out of there. How do I uh...get back to the fight now?

Warp to the bondfire in Undead place and run down via the shortcut you probably unlocked near the original boss of the area

Bowlie

Banned
I have a question about a certain enemy in (zone name)
Irithyll
:

Moving forward until Pontiff's fight, you can sometimes see a ghost of a Pontiff Knight slowly walking, and though it's intangible it leaves a shadow on the ground.

Does that mean something at all?

kagamin

Dancer

It's in the room where you get the way of the white covenant item.

Yeah he's the worst ever. Along with the Congregration mages. Those are completely pointless bosses. They also sort of appear at dumb sections.

The
Deacons of the Deep
is much better than that and I saw it as a nice nod to Phalanx.

To me Deacons is the easy version of Rom The Vacuos Spider. But I kinda like them because of the music.
Crystal Sage though, that's a really boring boss fight.

Brakke

Banned

Dancer

You've been there before. That was on the Wall. Spawn at Vordt of the Boreal Valley or whatever that icedog boss was called.

El Jaffe

I think weapons are balanced horribly in this game. My starting weapon shouldn't still be the most viable weapon I have in the game.
I literally used the Warriors starting axe til I got to
to the bonfire near the two dragons in Lothric castle
, so I used it for 90% of the game.

Shmuppers

Dancer

You just walk in the front door of the church. Warp to
Vordt's
bonfire and walk up the stairs past the knights.

Wow, didn't find the Sorcery vendor until I beat the final boss.

Also, what level should I be to fight the K
ing
of S
torms
?

You should be able to fight him if you beat the final boss, it's all about the dodge game, of course bring everything lightning resistant as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
NK is making me hate this game :( This is Laurence all over again. Attempts at epic bosses that just result in fucking camera fighting and 2 phase boredom.

Shredderi

So about the ending I got:
I had this Usurper ending or something according to the achievement. Where does this fall on the endings? Good, bad etc.

SkylineRKR

To me Deacons is the easy version of Rom The Vacuos Spider. But I kinda like them because of the music.
Crystal Sage though, that's a really boring boss fight.

lol yep, I even forgot about him already. But I guess that one is -sort of- Fool's Idol or perhaps Witches of Hemwick. But worse.

Citadel

So I think I'm around SL 35 and just got the the
Cathedral of the Deep.

I've put around 24 points into Dex so far (14 vit, 14 Str, 16 END, 16 Vigor if I remember correct). I'm currently using a +2 Uchi. My question is -- If I use the sharp gem, would I see a noticeable difference in damage, or do I need to be a higher level for the dex scaling to matter?

Trying to get a better handle with all these stats, and whether I should use the sharp gem on my uchi or find another dex weapon to use it with

Ferr986

Ok, P
rince
down. Seriously, I screamed out loud when
I beat them and the lil fucker revived the big bro again. I was like again?!

I guess I only have the final boss to face, and that optional boss
Nameless something.

I think I'll leave it for tomorrow.

NG++ Has started. This is my first time in an NG++ and it's purely for the maxed out rings. My goal is to stay at 100 not use any respecs leave as many NPC's alive as possible then save a back up file and PvP endlessly and forever.

UberLevi

Doing a playthrough as a Pyromancer. Is pyromancy viable early game if I'm using it as an offhand thing, or should I just focus on weapon and shield until midgame or so? I'm going full strength for my weapon.

Sullichin

So I think I'm around SL 35 and just got the the
Cathedral of the Deep.

I've put around 24 points into Dex so far (14 vit, 14 Str, 16 END, 16 Vigor if I remember correct). I'm currently using a +2 Uchi. My question is -- If I use the sharp gem, would I see a noticeable difference in damage, or do I need to be a higher level for the dex scaling to matter?

Trying to get a better handle with all these stats, and whether I should use the sharp gem on my uchi or find another dex weapon to use it with

You can check before you commit to the infusion. When you go to infuse sharp you can see what the new damage numbers will be and just compare to what you have now. But I think around 20s sharp should start getting better than the regular one yea.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me at the difficulty spike in
Anor Londo
. Fucking Knights and other strong enemies between bonfire and a super hard boss. Hard to run past it all without taking damage.

Lol. The bitch online and then beat it method worked. Made an untouched run and beat the boss solo on my second attempt after posting that. And although even using an ember. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom