• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

So I finally get to L
ord
of C
inder
, kill him after sipping the last drop of my last Flask, and then he gets a full second health bar. welp

Killed
Dancer
and
Old Demon King
not sure where to go now as nothing opened up for the later. I can access a short cut I guess but would like to play the levels in order

In the lava room where you fight Tsorig - there is an item waaay over there, deep in the lava pool. Anyone know what it is and how to get it? That sweating pyromancy does not help at all here.

Juraash

Killed
Dancer
and
Old Demon King
not sure where to go now as nothing opened up for the later. I can access a short cut I guess but would like to play the levels in order

If you killed D, place the basin at the statue that triggered her cutscene. That will take you to the next progression area.

DPB

Sweating pyro, rings with flame resistance, run and chug until you get there.

Red bug pellets help too.

There's a couple of items in that room, one is well worth getting,
it's Sacred Flame, one of the most powerful pyromancies.

Skii

I've just had a solid 2-3 hour playthrough and man this is just nostalgia central!

I had beaten Sulyvhan on my previous play session so I progressed onto the next area. I saw a message about a short cut and found a ladder leading down to some basement level. Man the two crocodile dragon things were fucking brutal. I literally got wrecked at least 10 times before beating them both. I think they were a bit bullshit though because of their attacks having funny hitboxes. It was worth it though as I got the Ring of Favour.

after leaving the area and progressing, the god damn silver knight archers were back although this one was far more forgiving. Much more area to fight them on and they didn't really change up the interactions enough to surprise experienced players.

But yeah, I had my suspicions about Boreal Valley being Anor Londo because of just how beautiful it was as well as finding the room with the silver knights, Gwynevere painting and Smough's hammer. But it was all confirmed when you enter the Darkmoon's room we all remember from DS1. Man that was epic.

And that whole area was basically Anor Londo from DS1 with snow. Found the dead giant :( and managed to open the shortcut after a few tries with that fucking awful spider.

I was expecting the boss fight to be Aldrich. But I was expecting him to be a similar version of the Covetous demon from DS2 simply because of Aldrich being described as someone who engorged themselves on others. I was so fucking surprised and glad that he was something far cooler. That boss fight was simply brilliant fun. I beat him on the 3rd try and just really enjoyed the design of Aldrich and how the fight transpired. He wasn't too difficult as long as managed to delay your rolls as late as possible to ensure you didn't get damaged by the spells or the barrage of arrows.

Reading the boss weapons, I'm quite surprised to see that Gwyndolin survived all this time only to have been consumed by Aldrich. I'm guessing in the canon version of events, the chosen undead from DS1 never killed Gwyndolin?

Anyway, I played this entire area without being kindled because I didn't want to risk cheaters ruining my opportunity of play DS3 on PC. Are there any NPC invasions I might've missed in this area? Happy to run through it again offline if there are any.

I hope the next patch does something with the Darkmoon/Sentinel covenants. I tried it on 4 different characters. An SL 93, 45, 28, and 13. No summons at all in any of the areas available to them, and I refuse to farm Silver Knights(
though I'll probably do it eventually
)

Just saw this on Reddit, not sure if it's been mentioned here... Those alligator/dog/whatever creatures in
Irithyll
do something pretty unique if you riposte them and let them be.
Lol. Now I just HAVE to parry them myself next time around. Also, is it just me or does anyone else feel sorry for this crocodile/rat thing after seeing this video? I mean, I absolutely loathed these assholes but now I feel quite sorry for them.

ecosse_011172

I just had a first go at this tonight, I tried Pyromancer, Sorcerer, Mercenary and Warrior.
I usually play Dex/Sorcery or Dex/Pyro in the souls games but playing as Warrior was so much easier up to fire link shrine, I'm actually tempted to give a STR build a go.

What builds are known to work well?
What about Pyromancer/STR?

In Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, there is an knight archer in the art room where another knight stares at a painting of the big-breasted lady from DS1. Is there a way to get up there, where the archer is?

Santiako

In Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, there is an knight archer in the art room where another knight stares at a painting of the big-breasted lady from DS1. Is there a way to get up there, where the archer is?

Yes, just go around the far left corner and there is a stairway.

Kyne

dang.. SDR is MIA.

Does anyone have a spare mimic head they'd be willing to donate to me.. :'D .. ? (PS4) I've killed all my mimics In this play-through to no avail.

Overall I think the game looks great but IQ clearly took a hit, at least on Xbox One. In no way as crisp and clean as SOTFS and those jaggies man. I assume this is quite better on PS4 because of 1080p?

It's not destroying the game or anything but very noticeable after having played Scholar a lot lately. And of course the framerate, world of difference.

Sarcasm

Yay boss beat!

Now entering catacombs. Nope...I didn't even go in. DO I need light? UGH. tips please!

***Who do I give this gold scroll thingy to?

The wolf knight greatsword's skills are pretty good because of how "small" they make you. I use them a lot in bosses even though you would think they take too long just because of how often you jump over or go under attacks during the animation.

Then in pvp the spin one can be great for people that are trying to dodge around you since if they are trying to dodge to get to your back the second spin should clip them. The flip gives too much of an opening unless things to perfectly though.

Apples_89

Took me close to 6 fucking hours and countless tries, but I finally beat
The Nameless King
tonight! The final boss can't be nearly that bad, can it?

Barakov

Took me close to 6 fucking hours and countless tries, but I finally beat
The Nameless King
tonight! The final boss can't be nearly that bad, can it?

The final boss is tough. But
nameless king
is by far and away the toughest boss in the game.

On my second runthrough of DS3, I have had the Blue Covenants on for about 15 hours. I have been summoned once and when I showed up I immediately was sent back with a victory and an Ear.

Kinda disappointing.

Iorv3th

I haven't played in a while on PC. I have been afraid of getting invaded or summoned to that guy that's been getting people banneds game. Did they fix that yet?

Question

Right after the Pontiff boss fight, in the courtyard of dead giants, there are two dudes with purple weapons. I killed one of them, but as he was dying, he fell in the pit next to the stairs, and his loot spawned mid-air down the pit. The guy was the one with the two lances. What was the loot?

SGJin

Neo Member
Question

Right after the Pontiff boss fight, in the courtyard of dead giants, there are two dudes with purple weapons. I killed one of them, but as he was dying, he fell in the pit next to the stairs, and his loot spawned mid-air down the pit. The guy was the one with the two lances. What was the loot?

I'm pretty sure he drops the Drag Twinspears.

pixxxelz

Fire infused weapons are op early in the game, I started a new character and I just steam rolled everything with a fire infused uchigatana, I'm at
farron keep
right now and my +3 fire uchi still outdamages everything else I have.

III-V

N
ameless King
is fucking brutal. Died at least 25 times at this point. I am at the point where I make it past the first phase without getting hit, I just seem to always get out of rhythm at some random spot in phase 2 and I get destroyed.

Most DS3 bosses I have 1 or 2 shotted,the second hardest was T
win Princes
, but without a doubt this is my boss. There is typically one that gets me each game. For BB it was Defiled Amygdala. I died at least 40+ deaths there. DS2=Sir Allone, and Gwen (i know...) in DS1.

Iorv3th

Fire infused weapons are op early in the game, I started a new character and I just steam rolled everything with a fire infused uchigatana, I'm at
farron keep
right now and my +3 fire uchi still outdamages everything else I have.

Hopefully you aren't using a dex build or you ruined that weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom