• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

And N
ameless King
beaten! I actually got through the 1st phase no problem a few times. 2nd phase was certainly harder, but got it to half way. I decided after a few tries to just summon someone else to just get it over with so I can move onto NG+. I was able to summon this Magic caster. Damn, he did a lot of damage with his great spell spear thingy! With 1 hit of it, could riposte the boss in 1st stage. After that 2nd stage took a bit more to go through, but we did it.

A few small things to take care of, and onto NG+!

I finished the game after cooping for a full week and amaassed like 1,200,000 souls. With this playthrough done, I can confidently say I like Bloodborne more. I feel like Bloodborne had better lore, soundtrack, and bosses. But Dark Souls 3 isn't that far behind since the gameplay is lifted from Bloodborne in many aspects. It also has the best Dark Souls soundtrack and bosses to me. Great game and now I go and attempt to get the items locked behind the covenants.

SL1 run done. NEVER AGAIN lol.
Dancer
and
SoC
were by far the hardest for me.

Praise the Knights Ring, Gundyr's Ring, and Dragoncrest shield.

I will now play with the most OP characters I can.

Wait, freshwater crabs exist, right? I'm curious about the ecosystem that lets crabs live in Crucifixion Woods. And...F
arron Keep
's poison. And...S
mouldering Lake

...jesus, those are some adaptable crabs.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just saw this on Reddit, not sure if it's been mentioned here... Those alligator/dog/whatever creatures in
Irithyll
do something pretty unique if you riposte them and let them be.
Wooooooow

Wait, freshwater crabs exist, right? I'm curious about the ecosystem that lets crabs live in Crucifixion Woods. And...F
arron Keep
's poison. And...S
mouldering Lake

...jesus, those are some adaptable crabs.
You sure love those crabs LOL

Get'sMad

lol I never noticed the begging for mercy thing with the dog/alligator things before after I riposted them because the couple times I pulled it the fucker killed me immediately with the leg kicking move on his back before chilling and clasping his hands together.

I think this might surpass Dark Souls 1 for me.

It has for me.

I never really like BB that much but it did teach me how to be better. I'm pushing through on this one where as on the previous ones I would have got about 1/3 - 1/2 done and stopped due to difficulty.

Get'sMad

anyone else encountering more wieners than ever while invading than in previous games?

like I can't remember in any of the previous ones getting this many instant, or once I kill one of their phantoms, disconnects or rage message and this game features more gank squads (in combo with giant seed use) than all the other games.

krioto

anyone else encountering more wieners than ever while invading than in previous games?

like I can't remember in any of the previous ones getting this many instant, or once I kill one of their phantoms, disconnects or rage message and this game features more gank squads (in combo with giant seed use) than all the other games.

I've not met many wieners yet, but plenty of gank squads - gank squads everywhere.

Aces&Eights

Hmmm, I'm seriously considering respecing my quality build to a strength/faith so I can use the Moonlight Sword. I have always loved that weapon in the past games and I am getting bored with my Dark Sword. Decisions, decisions....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What are all of your favorite farming spots?

I'm enjoying the first Lothric Castle Bonfire right now. Great amount of souls and Large Titanite Shards/Titanite Chunks also frequently drop, finally allowing me to upgrade and try out a wide arrangement of weapons. You can also get the sun medallions very rarely. It's also a ton of fun to fight these knights, so it feels less like boring farming.

Gestahl

The Catacombs was a cesspit with jackasses running around hitting summoning signs while taking their sippy and gankers with endgame gear and spells by the boss door, but the Cathedral at least tonight seems much more pleasant. Plenty of 2v1s which are perfectly fine and fun and since it's so big odds are there's some enemy to use advantageously.

Get'sMad

The Catacombs was a cesspit with jackasses running around hitting summoning signs while taking their sippy and gankers with endgame gear and spells by the boss door, but the Cathedral at least tonight seems much more pleasant. Plenty of 2v1s which are perfectly fine and fun and since it's so big odds are there's some enemy to use advantageously.

and don't get me wrong..... the hosts world who gets invaded should always have a big advantage but it seems more unbalanced than ever in this one. like the constant 4 v 1 plus seeds is just lame.

Robot Pants

For the DLC I really hope they bring back the blue eye orb and tweak the way of blue/darkmoon/blue sentinels. It could be so much better. Bring back the sin system

It seems like PVP was an afterthought compared to the more prominent role it seemed to have in 2.

If the Blades had the same role as in one and the other covenants functioned as intended it would be great. I love covenants being able to be switched on the fly and you being able to invade as different covenants for your items. If you have the darkmoon emblem used you should invade sinners and be blue.

Kalentan

So uh... Did I miss something? I feel like every since I entered Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and it feels like everything started doing double or triple the damage. Then I had a player invade me who just like... with one attack of his fire emdued sword did like half my health and while alive I have over 1.1k health... It's weird. Is it because I'm still using the starter armor for Knight?

Maddrical

DS3 probably has the best difficulty curve of the series.

I've only played through the game once, but I agree. The first few bosses are very manageable, the
Abyss Watchers
seem to be a kind of hold point to see if your skills are up to scratch for the next areas. Then from
Irithyll
onwards the game kicks it up a notch again. Though everyone's experience is different, of course. Bloodborne has the hardest start out of Soulsbourne games in my opinion. They're easy now, but my first playthrough the Cleric Beast, Blood Starved Beast & Father Gascoigne all destroyed me.

EDIT: I just saw on Wikia there's an optional boss
Old Demon King
I've missed. Guess I'll be hunting him down tonight instead of playing the Overwatch beta!

N
ameless
K
ing's lightening aoe attacks are destroying me. I dont know if my dodge timing is off from taking a break from DS3 and starting Bloodborne or what.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Question about Anri:

I killed Yuria and the pilgrim so s/he should be safe. I hear that you can help them defeat their Aldrich or something? If I kill Aldrich in my world before helping them, will that screw up the quest?

Hmmm, I'm seriously considering respecing my quality build to a strength/faith so I can use the Moonlight Sword. I have always loved that weapon in the past games and I am getting bored with my Dark Sword. Decisions, decisions....
Er, the MLGS requires int, not faith...

N
ameless King dead. Yay, fuck him.

I found the timing for dodges on him to be crazy awkward and delayed.

Inputs do feel very inconsistent during that fight. I guess this a particularly bad example of the dreaded frame pacing issues.
I'd imagine the smoke everywhere in addition to the fire and lightening effects is hard in the game.

Varna

I have played up until the last quarter of the game (I'm guessing) on a couple of different characters and one thing I have noticed... Sharp infusion is basically worthless right? I have yet to find a single decent weapon that can achieve an A or S scaling in DEX.

N
ameless King dead. Yay, fuck him.

Inputs do feel very inconsistent during that fight. I guess this a particularly bad example of the dreaded frame pacing issues.
I'd imagine the smoke everywhere in addition to the fire and lightening effects is hard in the game.

Nah, is a thing of how the boss is designed, is the same in PC. He punishes rolls on react, his attacks has enough wind up frames to trick you.

Question about Anri:

I killed Yuria and the pilgrim so s/he should be safe. I hear that you can help them defeat their Aldrich or something? If I kill Aldrich in my world before helping them, will that screw up the quest?

Don't think so. Her summon sign will be out front of the big double doors that you have to open from the inside so it is easy to check if the quest is active.

I think I'm just going to wait until I do a Quality Build character for N
ameless
K
ing_____
. I'm now convinced that it has been my bleed focused build that's caused a lot of problems (Anri's helps, but I can't hit the 40 Luck cap for this character)

Plus by the time I go through the game again I'll finally be used to timings of most boss attacks in the game.

Maddrical

Nah, is a thing of how the boss is designed, is the same in PC. He punishes rolls on react, his attacks has enough wind up frames to trick you.

Kinda like Fume Knight in DS2? I love that boss because of his staggered attack animations, makes the fight more dependent on reaction & focus rather than muscle memory. I'll be attempting NK tonight, only had a couple of attempts a few nights ago and been too busy at work ever since.

Uh..... Regarding Y boss

I freed Siegward and he was there for the cutscene. I died and went back twice now and he's nowhere to be found?

He was apparently killed, great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom