• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

2AdEPT

The pleasures of playing at least partially blind....I fought
Dragonslayer Armour
early after doing dancer skip to get power within for my hyper mode luck build....but no key to archives. Fought that boss for an hour and a half straight dying over and over for nothing...finally beat him too with no armour and about 140 AR.

Anyone else finding NG+ and higher much easier compared to previous Souls games? Im in NG+3 with my heavy Morne build and things are incredibly easy. Bosses do such little damage and the usual health boost when increasing NG seems barely noticeable from NG+2

Anyone else finding NG+ and higher much easier compared to previous Souls games? Im in NG+3 with my heavy Morne build and things are incredibly easy. Bosses do such little damage and the usual health boost when increasing NG seems barely noticeable from NG+2

Add it to this list of things that seem broken. Damage scaling is very odd in this game. Armor and damage reduction work differently than previous games. Wearing all cloth armor will negate more damage than having 3 pieces of Havel set and 1 empty slot.

Just watched a video of someone on SL1 NG+6 wreck some bosses.

Tarkus

The pleasures of playing at least partially blind....I fought
Dragonslayer Armour
early after doing dancer skip to get power within for my hyper mode luck build....but no key to archives. Fought that boss for an hour and a half straight dying over and over for nothing...finally beat him too with no armour and about 140 AR.
You call the Dancer skip playing blind?

MG310

Had a Dark Spirit refuse a free kill. Managed to outrun him and an Aldrich Faithful to open a shortcut and get to another bonfire during which it seemed like he accidentally killed the Aldrich with a plunging attack ( would he get a tongue for that?)

After I got to the bonfire I pointed at him and then turned around and did the collapse gesture but he chose to jump off the ledge instead.

0racle

Lookw like all I need for platinum is the yellowfinger gesture and whatever items I need tied to covenant leveling.

Should I bother ? How much time is involved?

Omg there are rings that you can only get in NG+ and NG++ really??

Provided you are playing in PS4, I can give you all the rings in the game for the Master of Rings trophy if you want.

I'm also opening this offer to any of my fellow PS4-playing gaffers wishing to get all the rings without the bother of actually going to NG++. Just ring me up :)

Just be forewarned that I am GMT+7 though, hahah.

A side note, the fact that you can't trade covenant items is crap though... sigh..................

Can spells/pyro etc be dropped ?

Nope, you can't leave them behind on the floor.

MG310

I would suggest just doing the Mound-Makers one though. Lothric Castle with the Silvercat Ring is a lot of fun.

Blades of the Darkmoon was the worst. I ended up doing the respec to put my luck up to around 60, Symbol of Avarice, Crystal Sage Rapier offhand, and rusted coins and even then it was around 1 out of 20 passes got the item.

Now of course in New Game ++ I'm getting summoned for Blades of the Darkmoon fairly frequently at level 140.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That's my PSN, yes. Are you displaying character names or PSNs? Anyway with passwords on there's little risk of picking up someone else.

Edit: see anything?

Kevtones

Thanks Morrigan I picked up someone finally, they died early. I somehow beat it solo.

Thank you regardless. Is there anything I can do to give you an item or kudos for trying?

YO EDIT FUCK THE SURPRISE HOMEWARD BONE THAT SHIT.

I feel like the enemies in this game do a ton of damage. The game is significantly harder using a weapon that isn't one of the absolutely ridiculous straight swords. Making an Abyss Walker so I've had to split my stats between Dexterity, Endurance, a bit of Vitality, and that 18 strength, so my character is dying in 1-2 hits now that I'm at Irithyll.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks Morrigan I picked up someone finally, they died early. I somehow beat it solo.

Thank you regardless. Is there anything I can do to give you an item or kudos for trying?

Well that was a waste of my time... Next time let me know before I wait for 20 minutes doing nothing. :/

Vex_

Banned
Just finished the game yesterday.

I wanna say that the best area is without a doubt archdragon peak. Such nice scenery and totally different from the rest of the game with its darker atmosphere. I almost missed this area too if I hadn't checked a guide.

First time in awhile I felt "full" after beating a game. This game was well worth the $60 I paid for it because it had a ton of content and secrets. I was very satisfied by the end.

One complaint tho: a lot of old enemy setups and areas make a return. Like, literally. They reused a lot of assets which is normal, but they really couldn't think of anything new in some instances. I felt like I saw a lot of these old tricks before.

Mimic chests
Troll illusory walls
Dragons... On top of buildings.... Again.
Enemy ambushes were all predictable.
Patches
. Jesus Christ.
Anor londo.
Archers. Really? Again? The same setup?
Poison swamp. Again....
Dragons.

Lol and they made sure you couldn't Poison any dragons this time around for an easy kill. You had to work for that!

mulac

Whats the general consensus for SL going into NG+ and beyond.

I haven't started my 2nd Journey yet and am sitting at Level 133 (i like grinding for souls and played through a few of my favorite areas a few times while item-farming).

Have I screwed myself when it comes to Covenant items for the Plat?

Whats the general consensus for SL going into NG+ and beyond.

I haven't started my 2nd Journey yet and am sitting at Level 133 (i like grinding for souls and played through a few of my favorite areas a few times while item-farming).

Have I screwed myself when it comes to Covenant items for the Plat?
Depends on the covenant but most likely, you'll still get summoned but it's gonna be waaaay harder since everyone and their mom has an op boss weapon. I found doing mound makers at level 30 in swamps to be easier since everyone had more or less the same gear.

Is Sirris' quest timed? I haven't ever equipped the Rosaria convenent but I haven't been doing the invader encounters with her. If I'm up to the final boss can I still go back and do her quest or is it too late?

mulac

Depends on the covenant but most likely, you'll still get summoned but it's gonna be waaaay harder since everyone and their mom has an op boss weapon. I found doing mound makers at level 30 in swamps to be easier since everyone had more or less the same gear.

Thanks - figured as much.

Ok so NG+ for NPCs, Rings, Collectibles and a new character created for Covenants - bit stupid and hopefully thats fixed sometime as I've kinda grown to love my STR build beast, Optimus Prime.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I summoned a purple phantom for a friendly duel. Cool. We both bow, fight, I win.

I summon the same guy a bit later. We both bow, start fighting. I grab another mad phantom quickly so that I don't wait for my next duel.

...Of course they both gank me.

I guess I should know better than offer 1v1 duels. Won't be summoning these people again, or if I do, they can expect a phantom and myself to troll-gank them. :/

Well that was a waste of my time... Next time let me know before I wait for 20 minutes doing nothing. :/

Geezz man at least he's not doing that intentionally to annoy you or something. And the man apologized, to boot.

Sheeesh.

Aaaanyways, is there a good counter to anyone using Estoc or similar poking weapons with their built in R1 spam bullshittery? I always lose my will to fight a.k.a. not-that-shit-again whenever I see anyone whipping out an Estoc, urgh........

Seeing people bitch and cry about the npc quests being so impossible makes you feel like a genius for compketing them on your own. Some took more than one playthrough but I think I got them all now.

Risible

Every invasion has been no-fun Estus chuggers for me - until today.

Got invaded in front of the
Pontiff
fog gate. As I was killing the last knight that hangs around up there the invader showed up. He sat down and waited while I killed the mob. Once I was done I healed and and we bowed. We fought and he got me to about half and I got him to a sliver of life.

He backed up and chugged and I was like "Ugh." Then he applauded me and black stoned out, leaving me astonished and delighted.

Cheers to you, mysterious invader - I wish I had noted your name, you were a real class act.

LiK

Seeing people bitch and cry about the npc quests being so impossible makes you feel like a genius for compketing them on your own. Some took more than one playthrough but I think I got them all now.

Even some NPC quests end differently and are still considered completed. Pretty cool altho not sure I wanna do it again.

2AdEPT

It's kind of demoralizing. I fancy myself fairly good at these games, but I've had such a rough time doing a sl1 on this one... while rolling, that it just makes want to say fuck it.

re: Tolomeor or whatever his name is...I think the key piece is that not rolling actually makes it easier sometimes....another key piece is that he said he did the final bosses 50 times to get the winning run video....from my experience doing challenge no healing runs etc this is what it takes...it looks easy when you get the winning run recorded, but it usually takes a bout 50 takes to get the lucky RNG and the perfect run.......this guy spends waaaaaay more time on this game than is humanly sane so dont think less of yourself.

edit: speaking of which it took me more tries than I would like to admit, just to kill the watchers in record time using hyper mode and ANri's luck build at level 54.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Back to this game after a week of Overwatch beta. Was a little rusty but made some progress in my game and fought C
rystal
S
, who seemed obnoxiously difficult at first but after a handful tries I took him down incredibly easily. All I really needed to do was allot all my Estus to healing since it's impossible not to take damage in that fight, and just run around and try to kill all the adds as quickly as possible. By himself he's actually quite a pushover.

z1ggy

Kinda offtopic, does it worth getting Scholar of the first Sin if i finished DS II?

I'm about to play it again and i was thinking on getting the "upgrade".

Even some NPC quests end differently and are still considered completed. Pretty cool altho not sure I wanna do it again.

Yeah I got a few different outcomes for Anri. Didn't notice much different with other npcs though besides them disappearing forever. :/

Sarcasm

The only quests so far that I have stumbled upon is the Sirris chick and anri. Seem to be not completely screwable. Also I guess that thief guy you can send out.

Siegward is pure luck that I caught him in the well lol. That happened before even seeing patches. I got the fire keeper set and went to the top and never got locked in the tower till after finding siegward in the well. I must have been up that thing a few times too.

But yea so far not sure if there is more npcs and so far nothing is really interesting. Siegward is only because of history.

Items being locked behind npc when you can screw the quest is a cheese way of extending or creating replayability. If only it was story and lore wise, yea go ahead and make it even more obtuse.

Also make it worth remembering.

Novocaine

Kinda offtopic, does it worth getting Scholar of the first Sin if i finished DS II?

Scholar is the better version of the game. Especially if you are on console, steer clear of that muddy last gen bullshit.

I dont know if this has been mentioned in the almost 400 pages of this thread, is anyone having a wicked stuttering issue on the PC version of this game? I have a Core i7 4770, 16 gigs of ram, and an Nvidia GTX 970 with the latest drivers. Is there anyway to fix this shit? I got fucked a few times on the first boss battle because of the stutter/hitching.

Vitten

Yes, the upgraded graphics and 60 FPS on the PS4 alone make it worth it. Makes the entire gameplay so much smoother.
And the DLC is huge and of very high quality ( especially the Old Iron King DLC )

Sarcasm

I dont know if this has been mentioned in the almost 400 pages of this thread, is anyone having a wicked stuttering issue on the PC version of this game? I have a Core i7 4770, 16 gigs of ram, and an Nvidia GTX 970 with the latest drivers. Is there anyway to fix this shit? I got fucked a few times on the first boss battle because of the stutter/hitching.

Increase your pagefile.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Manikin Claws have a bit of wind-up on their initial R1/L1 strikes, but once they get going they're pretty fast. Nifty dual rolling attack too. You do one roll, then an automatic second mini one which can be redirected. Also, at +3 with Sharp infusion they have A scaling in Dex. I need to see what they're like with Hollow.

Damage is obviously piss poor, but still, fun is being had.

zoukka

This game is insanely good. It took everything good from BB and retained everything worth preserving from DS and melted it into perfection. I don't want it to end. All the locations have left me breathless one after another and the story can be goddamn tragic at times. This is one of the most beautiful games ever made.

The soundtrack is one for video games history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom