• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommandation for good weapons to go with STR build ? I'm at 50 STR, and been rocking the Butcher Knife (that A STR Scaling) but I kinda want to try ultrasword/greataxe/great hammer.

Morne's Greathammer need some magic stat. Great Wolf Knight Sword seems nice enough but need 16 or 18 DEX. Claymore any good ?

kagamin

Any recommandation for good weapons to go with STR build ? I'm at 50 STR, and been rocking the Butcher Knife (that A STR Scaling) but I kinda want to try ultrasword/greataxe/great hammer.

Morne's Greathammer need some magic stat. Great Wolf Knight Sword seems nice enough but need 16 or 18 DEX. Claymore any good ?

Go Black Knight Greataxe. :p

In my honest opinion, just go for the Fume. It's probably the only big weapon with a big enough whoop to justify all the slow movements that you need to do. That charged R2 has crazy range and will knock down almost everything.

Go Black Knight Greataxe. :p

that seems nice and easy enough to get.

In my honest opinion, just go for the Fume. It's probably the only big weapon with a big enough whoop to justify all the slow movements that you need to do. That charged R2 has crazy range and will knock down almost everything.

I have the stat to equip it but I this guy weilding it ugh... I kinda hate to fight him. He gave me problem in my first playthrough

I have the stat to equip it but I this guy weilding it ugh... I kinda hate to fight him. He gave me problem in my first playthrough

Black Knight Greataxe is more slanted towards Quality though.

He's not that hard, especially if you bring someone to help you. Honestly, you are at 50 strength right now, not using Fume is like such a wasted opportunity.

Sarcasm

this seriously works? how big should it be?

Yeah it fixed it for me at launch. Do 8gb, honestly I forgot. I can tell you that 4gb wasn't enough.

Don't get greedy. He is hard but a good hard. Roll to the sides.

Also he happened to go into the lava when he had like 40 Hp left heh. You can run past the curse frog things FYI.

Hikami

Just finished A
rchdragon
P
eak
. Really cool looking area and fun bosses. The normal enemy encounters were garbage though.

That's all bosses done now, time to attempt a different ending in NG+.

Go for that FUGS, since you already went beyond 40STR, you should try it. It can even be infused.

I've been trying to steer clear of this thread until I learn as much as I can of DaS 3 on my own. Time has come.

Some stuff did get spoiled like items because a host or other phantom were wearing it, or certain areas due to messages. But for the most part I did it all blind. I forgot how amazing and nerve-wrenching blind playthroughs are, going around with your shield up, turning rotating the camera to try and find ambushes....good times.

Just recently I was in the covenant of
Aldrich Faithful
running around the late-game area of
Anor Londo and I invaded a dude. I spawned near the archers and saw the dude running, I tried to go up and fight him but he ran past me and just kept going. So I followed him and he ran and called down the spiral elevator thing, I tried to backstab him and failed. Then I decided to be nice and made the elevator go up so he can get the bonfire and we can manbattle, so he lights it then goes down the elevator. He then runs on an invisible path which I completely missed! Like I saw that thing before but didn't know how to get to it, I also saw from underneath that there were planks and figured there was a way to go up there, never figured out how until I saw that dude run though. Guess it's a good thing I decided to be a nice invader :p

Kinda offtopic, does it worth getting Scholar of the first Sin if i finished DS II?

I'm about to play it again and i was thinking on getting the "upgrade".

I think it's worth it, especially if you haven't played the DLC yet which boasts the best area and bosses in the game.

kagamin

I've been trying to steer clear of this thread until I learn as much as I can of DaS 3 on my own. Time has come.

Some stuff did get spoiled like items because a host or other phantom were wearing it, or certain areas due to messages. But for the most part I did it all blind. I forgot how amazing and nerve-wrenching blind playthroughs are, going around with your shield up, turning rotating the camera to try and find ambushes....good times.

Just recently I was in the covenant of
Aldrich Faithful
running around the late-game area of
Anor Londo and I invaded a dude. I spawned near the archers and saw the dude running, I tried to go up and fight him but he ran past me and just kept going. So I followed him and he ran and called down the spiral elevator thing, I tried to backstab him and failed. Then I decided to be nice and made the elevator go up so he can get the bonfire and we can manbattle, so he lights it then goes down the elevator. He then runs on an invisible path which I completely missed! Like I saw that thing before but didn't know how to get to it, I also saw from underneath that there were planks and figured there was a way to go up there, never figured out how until I saw that dude run though. Guess it's a good thing I decided to be a nice invader :p

You know you'd think people would notice the messages sitting on that path. :p

Soodanim

I'm almost at the end of NG+. I did it all offline so I could experience as many of the NPCs and summons as possible without interruption, so I've seen most of them now. Although I traded away Loretta's bone so despite doing P and S o never got to see Greirat's full thing play out. NG+ is always where I enjoy the game more, because I'm so much more comfortable with everything. From the moment I beat AW I went full
Artorias
, no Shield (well, Shield of Want on back for souls). I'll have to upload some of the Shadowplay clips I've saved, the weapon has always been the most fun for me.

I beat NK last night, and I took thr advice of various posters and kept a respectable distance from the pigeon, and that does go a lot more smoothly. You're still getting attacked from above when he swings but it's a lot better. Second part is just calmly dodging his attacks by not rolling too soon. I stoped using the Steam controller's grip button to dodge and used the b button, because it's that much quicker and easier to do a button tap. I know I have high stats and a maxed out weapon, but the actual key to NK is minimising hits, as obvious as it sounds. He's normal sized, has 1 weapon, and rarely uses spells. He's gone from me considering not beating him to a fun optional that I barely die on and enjoy fighting.

I'm pretty high levelled now, with 40 in Vig, End, Str, and Dex. Started working on Lck but might transition that into at least 20 Int and Fth.

I think I'm going to go into NG++ and do that whole thing as a
Black Knight
with a BKGA, then leave that save for DLC and start a new character, mess with Pyro, and get involved online. Do a bit of Mound Making now I know how to join the obscure son of a bitch covenant, that sounds fun. I always enjoy the raw + enchantment route with stats pumped into end/vig, it was what I defaulted to in DS1 (as did many, I imagine).

Did you even read my post?

It was not about "never fully exploring" because I explored fully every single area. It was about backtracking through already fully exlplored areas.

We had this discussion two pages ago already.

So what you are saying is that areas were fully explored and done with, but there was still stuff you missed in them. Maybe I'm missing something but that certainly sounds like they were not fully explored. Or is the problem that you believe that you should only have to go to an area once and there should never be any changes or reasons to go back and check things again? I guess it could also be that you didn't believe that there was enough reason given to go back and explore again but I've never found that the case in a souls game. Even in ones that don't change I still give areas full run throughs again before clearing bosses and after resetting the area. Just to make sure. Just like striking tons of walls to check for illusions.
Of course this could be why my first clear of the game was around 100 hours. But hey, I got nearly all the quests with only some of them being spoiled for me.

Sorry if I've forgotten but I don't think I've talked about this stuff before in this thread. Are you sure it wasn't with someone else?

Yoshi what if I already did that before I got to the cathedral

Do it again. I had already explored the key area in firelink, did his parts in the Cathedral, and then went and explored the key area again and he was there to lock me in. It is how I've moved him to Firelink in every one of my playthroughs. Get tricked in Cathedral, get to other side and buy armor set, then go to Firelink and go back to top of the tower to get trapped.

The NPCs at the shrine should have more dialogue on the whole. They basically never react to anything you've done in the game outside of their quest lines which is lame.

I was thinking the same thing, then I got to the dialog from the
eyes
. The things said when you find them and after you give them are some of the best in the game and it's a similar situation to coming out to the amazing view of Irithyll after going through 2 of the worst areas in the game. A kind of holding stuff back to make the good stuff even better.

But of course that was only for 2 npcs. Andre and Shrine Handmaiden have nothing that substantial and don't change their normal talk or goodbye talk all game, and that was disappointing. The fact that nearly every covenant only had a turn in statue to interact with was disappointing too. And the one that does talk to you seems to have had some dialog cut.

Don't even pretend it's the cleavage in her dress that makes players drop "tongue but hole" messages around her, since they do that for just about every female NPC, even the modestly dressed ones. Men are pigs. :(

Also for corpses bent over railings. Hey, at least no sticky white stuff, amirite?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So the parrying dagger's L1 uh... doesn't attack, but "blocks". Of course the L2 parries, as expected, but I was hoping the L1 could do some quick jabs, maybe I could infuse it with poison or bleed or something, but nope.

Do I even need the stats requirements to use it? Is there any dagger (or short sword) that can parry and attack?

Do I even need the stats requirements to use it? Is there any dagger (or short sword) that can parry and attack?
I think curved swords will both attack and parry in the left hand? I'm not sure, I haven't tried most of them.

So the parrying dagger's L1 uh... doesn't attack, but "blocks". Of course the L2 parries, as expected, but I was hoping the L1 could do some quick jabs, maybe I could infuse it with poison or bleed or something, but nope.

The stoc can parry and attack, the claws and cestus can also attack and parry.

Arjen

Wonderful, I'm invading to get some shackles. Keep getting put in the game of some twat who has at least 2 summons plus a blue every time. The wonderful chap also has his world seeded. Fuck these people.

BigAT

Any recommendations on a weapon/upgrade path? I've been using an upgraded Halberd up until this point but I feel like there's got to be something better. I'm currently 30 STR/40 DEX.

Wonderful, I'm invading to get some shackles. Keep getting put in the game of some twat who has at least 2 summons plus a blue every time. The wonderful chap also has his world seeded. Fuck these people.

Invasions in DS3 generally are like Forest invasions in DS1...just everywhere.

Btw, how come I get invaded all the time when I'm alone yet whenever I invade I face a whole squad? :(

I-hate-u

U
ntended
G
raves
was 2 spooky for me.

Shit was so dark and creepy, and made even worse by Handmaid being there. I wonder what's the lore implications with their being a second firelink shrine. Surely it's not another BB situation with there being dreams and whatnot, right?

U
ntended
G
raves
was 2 spooky for me.

Shit was so dark and creepy, and made even worse by Handmaid being there. I wonder what's the lore implications with their being a second firelink shrine. Surely it's not another BB situation with there being dreams and whatnot, right?

From what I've seen,
that place is Firelink from the past, when fire was not tended once or something to that extend. Like, presense of the thrones the current lords of cinder seems to contradict that, but there are other elements however, that still hint at it being the past and not just parallel dimension of sorts.

daninthemix

Just got 'Invalid Game Data' warning. Deleted my save entirely, ran game, accepted EULA and Invalid Game Data comes up again.

Um, is this the last FROM title I ever play?

I-hate-u

From what I've seen,
that place is Firelink from the past, when fire was not tended once or something to that extend. Like, presense of the thrones the current lords of cinder seems to contradict that, but there are other elements however, that still hint at it being the past and not just parallel dimension of sorts.

So you're saying UG exists in the time-line before DS3, but after DS1? Why is it not dark then when you start the game when the Lord of Cinders prolonged supposedly the flame?

DedValve

Banned
Oh my god nameless king. Oh god. Ughhhhh.

Phase 1: How the hell am I supposed to dodge that area fire blast? I have to basically run the moment he flies up in the air because the moment he telegraphs if he's gonna fly around or use that move it's already too late and I get double KO'd.

I'm slowly learning his phase 2 but damn that phase 1 is just annoying. Its the only move I can't reliably dodge.

patientx

I reached the dragon armor boss but can't for the life of me pass him on my own or with the phantom I can summon nearby. The thing is for the last two days I didn't see any other people's signs around the entrance. I am nearly out of my embers and this is started to get on my nerves, and before that every 7 out of 10 people I summon can't enter the boos area with me they are left stuck outside and every 2 out of 10 leaves after entering the boss fight and that last 1 out of 10 actually helps and we conquer the boss. But for this one even this usual scenario doesnt happen now because there no signs to summon at all...

I-hate-u

Deep Accursed is such a weird enemy in Dark Souls. Without a doubt the only reason he is in the game is to serve as a reference to Shadow of the Colossus.

Meccs

Beating the last boss at SL80 with weapon +8 was quite a bit more difficult than doing it at 90ish with +10. Or I'm just a bit rusty.
I upped the level now to SL85 in hopes to get some invasion PvP going. I'm not a fan of the SL120 meta, invasions were a lot quicker at SL80.

LiK

Beating the last boss at SL80 with weapon +8 was quite a bit more difficult than doing it at 90ish with +10. Or I'm just a bit rusty.

beating him in NG++ was tough. so much life and the attacks hit so hard. I think anyone who wants a real challenge will enjoy final boss solo in NG++

Meccs

beating him in NG++ was tough. so much life and the attacks hit so hard. I think anyone who wants a real challenge will enjoy final boss solo in NG++
Yes, my main issue was that I did not do enough damage. I could dodge most of the stuff but it took a bit longer than normal and I eventually messed up again and again. Should have used some buffs etc... ah well. It's done. I did beat him on NG+ but that was at SL120 and kinda easy.

Siegmeyer

Oh my god nameless king. Oh god. Ughhhhh.

Phase 1: How the hell am I supposed to dodge that area fire blast? I have to basically run the moment he flies up in the air because the moment he telegraphs if he's gonna fly around or use that move it's already too late and I get double KO'd.

I'm slowly learning his phase 2 but damn that phase 1 is just annoying. Its the only move I can't reliably dodge.

As long as you don't stay underneath him, he'll never do the fire blast. I was also getting nailed by it consistently until I realised that. Now the first phase is a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom