• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

What do you think we can expect from DLC in terms of size and scope? I'm hoping for something as vast as Dark Souls II's.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Invasion in this game fucking sucks. It's bad enough that there's lag but the 3v1 or 2v1 gank squads make this dumb as fuck. Plus friendly fire is on if another invader joins. It's worse than in the other games.

So me and a friend just tried playing together using the password. We set the password to be the same, were in the same area.

Does it just take a while to show up or anyone got steps to help speed up the process inwhich I can see his summon sign and summon him?

Landford

Banned
Someone Please help with
Pontiff Sullyvahn
. Any tips for a melee focused char? He never.stops.attacking.

Im going hollow

MilkBeard

What do you think we can expect from DLC in terms of size and scope? I'm hoping for something as vast as Dark Souls II's.

Something like Bloodborne's that has decent lore implications and atmosphere.

The Ludwig and Kos fights are some of the best in the series.

Timeaisis

Man,
Dragon Armour
is haaaard. Love this boss. Gotta take a break, though. Regroup and such.

Any way to dodge his
beam
attack? I seem to always mistime and die. Maybe I'm better off shielding it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck what a difficulty spike
Lothric
castle is. So Many hard enemies in a row around the
dragons

Ended up cheesing the
dragons
with a bunch of arrows so I could avoid the side path for now. I got up to the
ice knight
once so I at least cleared a good chunk of the items over there.

kagamin

SL 50 run going well, N
ameless
K
ing
was a huge badass, but he went down eventually, I can't believe I managed that one to be honest... All that's left is the final boss I think now.

phierce

So, a refined Lothric Knight Sword is pretty darn good at +3. I've got 20 STR and 24 DEX, so my damage is pretty decent. The moveset is really nice too.

I'll try out the Dark Sword when I can get it. Am I close to a farming area for it? I just met
Anri and the Blind Horace
at
Road to Sacrifice.
Are you on PS4? I can drop one for you if so.

JudgeN

The fuck, I was on my way to get my 100k souls. I see the messaged mad phantom has invaded as I just popped ember. He was already in my fucking game and spawned right behind me, killed me and lost my shit.

Fuck you DS3, lost 250k souls today.

phierce

The fuck, I was on my way to get my 100k souls. I see the messaged mad phantom has invaded as I just popped ember. He was already in my fucking game and spawned right behind me, killed me and lost my shit.

Why would you go ember form when on a corpse run?

E92 M3

Embering on a corpse run is very dangerous. No Ring of Sacrifice either?

Chorazin

It's really hard to fight more than one unless you are ridiculously overleveled. They are pretty much cheese-proof. In fact, I have a hard time fighting one as it is. But as others have said, you can aggro one of them with a bow, and then once its killed, it doesn't respawn. You can always summon for help.

Here's a hint: The thing can't gobble you if you have a shield up. I learned that the hard way. It's tuned to devour you if you roll in front of it.

Blocking their hits reduces all my stamina to zero. :/ It's a real fucking mess to Enkindle as well since you get INSTANTLY invaded by the Covenant there.

This is worse, by far, than the Pontiff fight. That was a snuggly warm blanket of compassion compared to this fucking shitshow bullshit fuckroom.

Ho boy, suddenly seeing why the P
ieceofshit
S
uckmydick
fight is getting people all hot and bothered. This dude is a toughy.

Had to bite the bullet and upgrade my +3 Estoc and stop holding out for a hero because goddam was I crippling myself by having it at +3. Barely made it through the level.

I really hope they go crazy with the locations this time around, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed what we got in the main game, but nothing captivated my interest as much as the DLC in DS II, also seeing graves lying around in every single place you went to got stale after a while. .

Brave

Banned
Framerate is fucking ridiculously low on XB1. Wtf Namco? (Or Microsoft) With the
Dancer
boss fight it almost drops to 10 fps, even lower when I'm cooping. Same goes for pretty much all the bosses before that one. This sucks.

So my PS4 copy is saying my 1.03 version is up to date and there no further updates. Anyone else experience this? Was trying to update to 1.04 before playing tonight but eh...

Quoted for new page...any takers? I have the disc version. Tried options > check for updates multiple times, rebooted etc. and no 1.04.

Styles

Do you guys get summon INSTANTLY for co-op? Like, right before I place my sign down. A far cry from the DS1, 2 and even BB days.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Invasion in this game fucking sucks. It's bad enough that there's lag but the 3v1 or 2v1 gank squads make this dumb as fuck. Plus friendly fire is on if another invader joins. It's worse than in the other games.

You view this as a person that invades right? Consider the perspective of the one being invaded.

1. Whether you are doing coop or not, if you are in Ember you can get invaded. Numerous times. Often in quick successive occasions. And now not only you have to contend with enemies, which are generally already very punishing in their own rights, you have to fight an invader too. And a new one after you win. And a new one after you win. And a new one after you win. And a new one after you win...

2. Even if you bring friends, the fact that there seem to be no grace period in-between invasions--you can get invaded *immediately* right after you win against an invader, or sometimes even *invaders*--and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times a person gets invaded, this can greatly cost the host & friends' restorative supplies and can be very punishing--that one Flask restore post invasion can hardly offsets that. At least if you fail to invade you can immediately try again with full flasks. The host and friends don't have that luxury, especially if they're continually being invaded over and over and over and over and over and over.................

3. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is an item that will allow you to infinitely invade, right? While you don't have such luxury for coop, correct? You will always require Ember which is a finite resources that you need to manage.

Frankly, the situation is also not that pleasant for the ones being invaded.

Quoted for new page...any takers? I have the disc version. Tried options > check for updates multiple times, rebooted etc. and no 1.04.

The 1.04 is regulation. The notification said so. The version is still 1.03.

Riposte

Something like Bloodborne's that has decent lore implications and atmosphere.

The Ludwig and Kos fights are some of the best in the series.

I said this elsewhere, but for me the best combo would be:

(DS) AotA- lore/revelations
(DSII) 3 Crowns- variety and scope
(BB) TOH- bosses

Stat!

This community has the biggest bunch of cowards out there. Don't invade if you don't want to fight. Its not a strategy. There needs to be a timer on invaders before they get kicked out.

Ive been invaded like 10+ times at the same area and everyone just waits in a bunch of guys

Anyone willing to help @
NamelessKing
?

Now this boss fight is getting annoying...I just want to beat him so I can go on to the final boss knowing I've beaten everything else...

Beat the Ponzie. 3rd try by myself. It seems my inverse talent at Dark Souls is in full swing. I expect to encounter the next easy boss that everybody beat on the first attempt and take 20 tries with it.

KHlover

Banned
This community has the biggest bunch of cowards out there. Don't invade if you don't want to fight. Its not a strategy. There needs to be a timer on invaders before they get kicked out.

Ive been invaded like 10+ times at the same area and everyone just waits in a bunch of guys
Use a
seed of the giant tree then

Alright so in the
Smouldering Lake
I turned
off the ballista but I can see an item behind a crumbled wall. Do I need to go turn it back on and make it shoot the wall?
Is this item something important?

Yeah, any game makes me angry when it doesn't work properly. It's not the fact that the boss is hard, it's the fact that it's literally not working as intended.

No, lol it's because everyone is getting summoned. Just try and summon the first sign you see as fast as you can. It's working EXACTLY as intended, it's just super duper busy. Relax bub.

This has always been the case. You obviously weren't invading back in the heyday of either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1 because reds could still hit each other even back then. Not to mention the massive amount of gank squads. Hell, there are entire Youtubers who got famous for destroying the gank squads in Dark Souls (like Peeve and Oroboro).

Without spoiling anything, can anyone just let me know, yes or no, is v
ordt of the boreal valley
the first boss after the tutorial boss or am i going out of order? He's kicking my ass after half his health is gone.

MilkBeard

I said this elsewhere, but for me the best combo would be:

(DS) AotA- lore/revelations
(DSII) 3 Crowns- variety and scope
(BB) TOH- bosses

Yeah, that would be epic. I would also hope that they don't go easy on the challenge either; DLC is optional and for Dark Souls should be hard.

MilkBeard

I've been doing that for the past 2 hours!

So far I would say DS 3 summons are working a lot better right after release than they were for DS2, at least for me. Things have been near instant on my end since I started doing it. A few fail to summon, not sure why, but I think NB has been pretty good at managing server stress with this release so far.

You know, all bosses can be solo'd, as well...

Ice9

Was progressing quite nicely and have hit a solid wall late game at about
Dancer
and
Lothric Castle
areas.

The knights are just ridiculous, killing me in about two, maybe sometimes one hit. They also have seemingly endless stamina draining combos. Not liking the way they have tacked on "cheap" difficulty here, really punishing people who use big weapons and heavy armor. It's a design flaw because LOL WHAT'S POISE

Guess I'll die a few more times on the way to
Dragon Armor
and try again.

Ugh.

Little help on (location spoiler)
Anor Londo
?

At the
rotating tower
I can see a bonfire in the distance but I have no clue how to reach it. Anyone see the same thing?

MilkBeard

Little help on (location spoiler)
Anor Londo
?

At the
rotating tower
I can see a bonfire in the distance but I have no clue how to reach it. Anyone see the same thing?

Didn't notice it until I found out recently...well, you're just going to have to be brave to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom