• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How frequently do you guys use the special attacks?
I'm at the very beginning of the game and I'm feeling very uncomfortable to put away my shield to use those attacks.
I constantly use them against knights that favor trading. By trading with sword art moves, they deal SIGNIFICANTLY less damage on you and after you hit them you can easily follow up with multiple attacks in 2H stance.

So do you only get Siegbräu from
Siegward
?

If so, that's pretty shit because I can't get the awesome armor. Finished the quest already and missed the item.

Oh my god, (Catacombs spoiler)
you can climb down the broken bridge like a ladder? I've been carefully falling down onto the platform and just barely surviving each time.

Leezard

I'm at the very beginning of the game and I'm feeling very uncomfortable to put away my shield to use those attacks.

I use the Stance mode on the claymore all the time against shield users.

I haven't tried using Stomp on the Dark Sword that much yet though.

Menome

Boss question: Can the
Pontiff
be parried? Don't want to waste time trying if I should just be solely focusing on dodging.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wish I could study theory of this game much more but the lack of in-depth info is disappointing...

cyba89

Younger Prince Lothric
is down. Very cool fight. Definitely one of my favorites of the game.
Now I only have N
ameless King
and the final boss left to do. Both seem to be very challenging.

Yoshichan

Right, let's do this.
Also, as a general parry rule, you don't want to start the parry on the enemies first attack (stay away from it) but rather their second or even third move. Try and find the one animation that you find easy to parry out of the flurry of moves.

It's an invasion, getting ganked is part of it, you can't expect 1 vs 1 rules while you can also expect the invader to wait for you to finish mobs and start an honorable duel.

They could make a cap for host, like only getting summon if there's no sunbros or something. I dunno, but something needs to be changed here.

They should put arenas though, for 1 vs 1 duels. Big misstep in Dark 3.

Part of the invasion is being on a dissaventage, like less heals and HP. Ganked by 4 guys is not really part of an invasion.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Part of the invasion is being on a dissaventage, like less heals and HP. Ganked by 4 guys is not really part of an invasion.

Just git gud

iIjgEV0.gif

Yoshichan

So what was the big fuss about ultra greatswords in the import OT? Especially Fumes. I know that weapon got nerfed before the world release, but it still has relatively high AR. Anyway, a lot of people kept talking about how great ultras were in not just PvP, but PvE.

Say what? No matter what weapon, of the larger and much slower variety I try out, they all just fail misterably hard compared to literally any straight sword, or even a rapier or estoc. They take up 3x - 5x as much stamina per swing, and barely do more damage per hit than the smaller, faster weapons. The only thing they have going for them is hyper armor and up to 50% more range. For PvE though, they're completely worthless.

Raw Astora's is flat out the new Drakesword or "real" Claymore of this game, and the Dark Sword is completely amazing after around level 60 or so. FROM really needs to rebalance this shit too, because for as many weapons and weapon skills there are, very few are actually comparably good. UGS might be okay in PvP, but an estoc or even longsword user can run circles around them.

Hyper armored golf club swings only do that much against inexperienced players, and they don't do jack shit in PvE aside from guaranteeing (when the hyper armor actually works, since some enemies still plow through it...) you get a hit off, while also taking damage.

Too bad poise does nothing in this game.
You simply don't comprehend the power that was FUGS before the nerf. You need to realize that it didn't have "relatively high AR" but rather SADISTICALLY high AR and could single-handedly wipe out NG+++ bosses in 5-6 hits. I did this myself.

Regarding PvP, it was literally the weapon that destroyed everything else. The video I'm about to show is a quadra gank that got absolutely demolished by FUGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfLxnRAG4ig
Guys,

How important is it to invest in vitality? Im using a STR-DEX-STAM-VIG build.
You'll reach the soft break points eventually and VIT should become your stat dump unless you care about the PvP meta.

Auctopus

receipts.gif

Wait, what? How? I must've missed something, because I've tried quite a few RPG combinations. No dice.

I'm at work so I can't send any pics but I'll message you some sliders tonight if I can. I don't know what you mean by "proper blonde" but I found pretty much every shade with something like this

R --------------------------------------
G ------------------------------
B -----------------------

Tweak with those bars a bit and I'm 99% sure you'll find somethign you like.

gilljoy

Knight is a fine starting class for a paladin style character.

I can't help you out with greatswords though.. Am running around with the Claymore myself.

Perfect,

I'll give the claymore a bit more of a go. I've never really used a Str style character in a souls game before. Maybe try dex on NG+

J-Skee

I think one of my questlines glitched. It deals with the convenant R
osaria's
F
ingers
& the NPC L
eonhard

Isn't he supposed to kill her after he appears in her room? She's still there every time I go back. Did I screw something up?

ramyeon

A
ldrich
down on second try! He wasn't too tough but I really fucking loved this boss thematically.
This whole section with the return to Anor Londo but it being in ruins, the boss room, Gwyndolin devoured by Aldrich and fighting in that ruined room full of corpses and sludge... then the going upstairs and nope, no chest ahead. Gwynevere's chamber being empty but for a ring.
THE FEELS.

Yoshichan

First time I ran over that bridge I killed all the skellingtons without even using the bridge :]
Same. The only way to do it first time *brofist*

dawid

If i reverse my hollowing with a purification stone and go all human again.. will i lose my character levels i gained from "my true strength"?

First time I ran over that bridge I killed all the skellingtons without even using the bridge :]

I killed them, too. I chased them through the level...wait...they chased me. I took them out one by one and still managed to live in the end, haha!

That next area down there with the
gigantic automated crossbow
is really hostile. I rolled through the crabs and killed the big friend of that one ladyknight you met before in the catacombs. I wonder if there was any way to save him? I haven't seen his girlfriend since then.

ramyeon

I love the way they did fan service in this game. Yes, it's still fan service but the way they do it and often subvert your expectations is great.

Seriously, the Aldrich fight just rubbed me the right way. The concept, the design, everything.

Went after the Dark Sword last night and got it on the third attempt. I was rather shocked honestly.

Nice weapon and I like that I got it to scale to A bonus for strength easily. I was using a upgraded Broadsword and it's only slightly stronger than that on equal upgrade levels but the more strength I add the better at least...

GorillaJu

If you are invading as an Aldrich or Farron) and a blue sentinel/moonlight shows up, it's in your best interest to double-team any red invaders, because if you kill the red invader, it will send the blue sentinel back home and then you have the owner of the world all to yourself. :)

Vamp

I just defeated
Yhorm the Giant
boss, this is my second
Cinder
boss and I dont know where to go next. Any help?

Hugstable

Banned
What's the best and quickest way to level mound makers? Wanted to level it like Sunbro just helping on bosses, but these summon signs send me to some random spot on the map and not at the sign so I can't help, and I suck at PVP lol

Boss question: Can the
Pontiff
be parried? Don't want to waste time trying if I should just be solely focusing on dodging.
http://youtu.be/nA4uZl_LF1o
What's the best and quickest way to level mound makers? Wanted to level it like Sunbro just helping on bosses, but these summon signs send me to some random spot on the map and not at the sign so I can't help, and I suck at PVP lol
Do password matching with a mound maker and summon each other.

Ferr986

I love the way they did fan service in this game. Yes, it's still fan service but the way they do it and often subvert your expectations is great.

Seriously, the Aldrich fight just rubbed me the right way. The concept, the design, everything.

Didnt like the fanservice stuff as much, although the boss itself was good and fun.

Hale_C

Some shields allow you to use your specials with them out. Really it depends on the weapon. Some of them have really useful specials. Others... there's really no reason to bother.

schlynch

Hm. So me and my buddy are both in/after Lothric
Castle
at the moment and we did every boss and area possible prior to that location. I just finished D
ragonslayer Armor
and he is already doing G
rand Archieves

The question is: Is there any area where we can do PVP together? I'm talking about one summoning the other and using Dried Finger to fight against the invaders or summon people? (don't worry red guys, we do not gank, just 1vs1 as long as there is just one phantom - to be honest, it's more that your fellow brothers using shitty tactics :p)

We did it yesterday in Lothric
Castle
and it was fun. But it seems the no-summon-after-boss-defeat mechanic prevents us from doing it in any other place, right? Or are there any exceptions? So we have to go for NG+ to fight in other spots?

I farmed the shackles but the drop rate is horrible. Around 3-4% chance using sword + head + ring + coin. From really doesn't like it's non pvp players when it comes to trophies.

ogbg

Hm. So me and my buddy are both in/after Lothric
Castle
at the moment and we did every boss and area possible prior to that location. I just finished D
ragonslayer Armor
and he is already doing G
rand Archieves

The question is: Is there any area where we can do PVP together? I'm talking about one summoning the other and using Dried Finger to fight against the invaders or summon people? (don't worry red guys, we do not gank, just 1vs1 as long as there is just one phantom - to be honest, it's more that your fellow brothers using shitty tactics :p)

We did it yesterday in Lothric
Castle
and it was fun. But it seems the no-summon-after-boss-defeat mechanic prevents us from doing it in any other place, right? Or are tehre any exceptions? So we have to go for NG+ to fight in other spots?

If you just want to PvP then your friend could use his red soapstone and you could summon more reds with the dried finger

So... I finished the game with a melee full STR build, and wanted to start a new game with another character... what are some interesting builds to play ?

Sane_Man

I think one of my questlines glitched. It deals with the convenant R
osaria's
F
ingers
& the NPC L
eonhard

Isn't he supposed to kill her after he appears in her room? She's still there every time I go back. Did I screw something up?

I had this issue. He appeared and then left and she was still alive. So I killed her myself and when I returned later on she had dropped the black orb and I was able to kill him and finish the quest! The orb didn't appear the I first time I returned though. Took a while.

Yoshichan

What's the recommended endurance? I know it didn't matter as much in bloodborne so is it more or the same?
Soft cap at 40. Every point spent afterwards isn't worth it at all.
Leveling Endurance grants 1-3 Stamina per point until a soft cap at 40 Endurance and a hard cap at 99 Endurance.
You recieve only 10 extra Stamina between 41-99 Endurance, so it is very unwise to level Endurance past 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom