• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrant

Are you talking about U
ntended
G
raves
?

In Dark Souls 1, there was a place with an illusory wall, then behind it, a chest, then behind the chest, another illusory wall which led to a gigantic area.

Since then, I check every wall behind every chest. Which has gotten me two illusory walls in this game. :D

They're talking about the
Archdragon Peak
; in order to get to it you have to
use a specific gesture at the edge of a certain cliff
. I didn't think that was intuitive at all, and I don't see how someone playing blind could make that happen except by complete accident.

I finished in 30 hours, and while it's true to some degree that I left some areas unexplored, ain't no way I would need 20+ more hours to get the items I missed the first time around.

Barakov

In DS1 you're never told who exactly is Gwyn's first born son. Many players then created the fiction that it was Solaire due to a vague item description.

DS3 makes it clear that it's
Nameless King

From the Japanese launch trailer, I always assumed
The Nameless King was Gywn. But The Nameless King being Gywn's first born makes a lot of sense.

I don't find that to be the case. In the amount of areas and general time it takes to get through, I would say DS 3 is either the same size, or a little bit bigger than the original.

Once you get used to equipment and all the system it takes much less time to beat. I am still, however, one of the slower players. I like to discover everything, go back to areas and find all the items I missed, do all the NPCs. I try to do it all in one playthrough because I usually don't finish a second.
If we're only comparing DS1. Ds1 had 23 bosses and 22 locations. DS3 has 19 bosses and 19 locations.

If we're only comparing DS1. Ds1 had 23 bosses and 22 locations. DS3 has 19 bosses and 19 locations.

Are you remembering that DkS1 had Asylum Demon, Stray Demon, and Demon Firesage, which were practically reskins, and that Taurus Demon and Capra Demon both become regular enemies?

BashNasty

For people who have finished the game, what area would you consider to be the midway point of the game. I'd imagine I'm past it, but I'm curious about how deep into the game I actually am.

mujun

What is the best damage I can get out of a one handed sword?

I have a fire one that does around 250, it's at about +3.

What is the best way to craft one for pure damage output?

Mman235

People that finish this game in 30 hours have to be rushing through it btw. Impossible to exlpore everything that way.

Finished it in a little under 27 hours with every boss and area done along with some PvP, and only some minor secrets missed (along with screwing up most of the NPC sidequests, but, like every Souls game, it's not like you're going to work those out without a walkthrough or a bunch of trial and error).

Most of the length of the games comes from dying and getting stuck on stuff, so after you git gud and die rarely (which happens after hundreds of hours on four previous mechanically similar games) you get through stuff pretty fast.

LowParry

I think I've lost the required patience for this series. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

I was like this too but I eventually decided to wing it with some area's and was able to move on. I think all these Dark Soul games are like that. Don't give in on the difficulty. And if you want to make it fun, summon people to truck along with you.

For people who have finished the game, what area would you consider to be the midway point of the game. I'd imagine I'm past it, but I'm curious about how deep into the game I actually am.

I'd say beating I
rithyll
is halfway, especially going by number of bosses encountered by that point.

sixghost

The game just became a crashing mess all of a sudden during and after the D
ancer
fight. I had maybe one crash up to that point, and it's done it at least 6 times in the last half hour.

Fuck those bird zombie people. Alone they're fine but in groups, they go crazy and start beating me to a pulp. My stamina goes straight to 0 and I die. I'm having a hard time killing the crazy woman with the butcher's knife, she seems to always perfectly execute a riposte and 1 hit kill me. I managed to parry and riposte her once, but the timing is so tough, most of the time the blow just glances off my shield.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
People that finish this game in 30 hours have to be rushing through it btw. Impossible to exlpore everything that way.

I finished it in 30 hours and killed all the bosses at least, and I didn't rush through zones.

Zocano

Honestly no god damn clue how someone without a guide would find that place. I wish the game had a same day worldwide release because that would of been a great community find.

I think the thing is, coming off of bloodborne I knew that
gestures could be used for secrets now
so I knew that was a possibility. Especially considering that
you could potentially just get the gesture and only the gesture after beating Oceiros and thus it presses upon the player that that gesture is actually very important (much like Make Contact was in Bloodborne).

MilkBeard

Fair enough, although looking at some lists, some of the bosses being counted are minibosses. There are a few minibosses not listed in the 19 of Dark Souls 3, like the Crystal Demon. I know there's probably a few more of those type.

But anyway, looking at it roughly, it feels roughly the same. Depending on what build you use as well, it will be easier/harder.

It's true that Dark Souls II has the most content, but I think DS3 is about on par lengthwise with DS1.

sora87

And that's that. 38 hours. Hell of a ride. Bloodborne was still a better overall game I think but yeah, brilliant stuff. Final boss was very fitting if this is the final game.

Phew, I need a palette cleanser after that.

Arjen

I think the thing is, coming off of bloodborne I knew that
gestures could be used for secrets now
so I knew that was a possibility. Especially considering that
you could potentially just get the gesture and only the gesture after beating Oceiros and thus it presses upon the player that that gesture is actually very important (much like Make Contact was in Bloodborne).

Same here
There was also a very obvious empty space between the dragons, I tried all the gestures that looked like sitting down and when I got the one after Oceiros I went back.

TheFlow

Banned
for all m D3 family you know this is too true.

13055289_396166727220382_8711304472960020492_n.jpg

Jafku

Would anybody mind helping me with
Nameless King
on PS4. Have been trying for ages. This is the only boss i'm truly stuck on. Can't summon anyone either

MrHoot

for all m D3 family you know this is too true.

13055289_396166727220382_8711304472960020492_n.jpg

Man I'm glad I finished my NG+ run because i'm finally past that point and can actually focus back on work ;_;

I don't have them otivation to start a new game on a new character so I think i'll just do some pvp from time to time and then wait for the DLC

ZangBa

I spent a lot of time maxing out a couple covenants so I have no idea what time I finished the game in but I'd imagine it'd be around 25 hours.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
14th boss,
Oceiros
, down. Glad he was easy after how much that little area sucked.

pringles

This was my first Dark Souls game and I explored every area and killed every boss. I finished the game in 27 hours.
Wow. I've played through DS1 maybe 3 times, DS2 two times... currently almost 20 hours into this and doesn't feel like I'm close to the end (just beat
Cathedral of the Deep
).

Can't imagine I'll finish in less than 30 hours. Previous games have been closer to 60 the first time through.

Man, I'm not sure how some of you guys finished so quickly. Farming for sword grass, exploring, and generally playing has gotten me to about 44~45 hours and just passed
Dragonslayer Armor.
I've died a bit, but not 20 hours worth o_O.

Krabboss

Man, I'm not sure how some of you guys finished so quickly. Farming for sword grass, exploring, and generally playing has gotten me to about 44~45 hours and just passed
Dragonslayer Armor.
I've died a bit, but not 20 hours worth o_O.

I did 0 covenant stuff, which helps. I just have no interest in that side of the game.

From the Japanese launch trailer, I always assumed
The Nameless King was Gywn. But The Nameless King being Gywn's first born makes a lot of sense.
It certainly does. A God of lighting that betrayed his father and sided with Dragons. Gwyn struck his his name from history. Definitely
Nameless King.

Gvitor

Started dying a lot after I reached the swamp. Got to the W
atchers
, tried two times, got my ass kicked. Went back to the woods, found a way to another boss, a cr
ystal mage
or something. Managed to get past him and stopped there.

Also got the coal that allowed the blacksmith to infuse new gems and changed my broadsword to heavy. Slowly building my strenght and dexterity points and looking for the covenant that allows me to redistribute some of them. I started as pyromancer, but there isn't anything good (that I found) that helps this class early on. I also wasted some stat points in attunement.

Elixist

Wow. I've played through DS1 maybe 3 times, DS2 two times... currently almost 20 hours into this and doesn't feel like I'm close to the end (just beat
Cathedral of the Deep
).

Can't imagine I'll finish in less than 30 hours. Previous games have been closer to 60 the first time through.

same i dink about a bit tho. grind out high souls areas a bit, retread from the beginning to see if i find new things etc. im like 34 deep and ive only just beat fire sword P.

TheFlow

Banned
Man I'm glad I finished my NG+ run because i'm finally past that point and can actually focus back on work ;_;

I don't have them otivation to start a new game on a new character so I think i'll just do some pvp from time to time and then wait for the DLC

haha same. I can finally get shit done in my life

ugh, that N
ameless
K
inggtfo
is an arsehat.

if the cam in first phase doesn't slay me cause i get annoyed, his unlimited stamina in the 2nd will. i'll get tomorrow. he's not that though, but that cam really rubs me the wrong way+that input lag in this game is just wrong.

Jellie

Is there a consensus on a good place to do some light soul farming these days? I've got to make about 85,000 souls.
Depends on where you are in the game. I was farming A
rchdragon peak for a while. The knight that spawns constantly at the bonfire after ancient wyvern nets 6.5k per kill with shield of want and silver covetous ring. It respawns every 10 seconds so just backstab then heavy attack it. Afterwards I decided to help in the grand archives and ended up with 200k from 1/2 summons including the boss.

phierce

Is there a consensus on a good place to do some light soul farming these days? I've got to make about 85,000 souls.
How far are you in the game?

If not end game, don't read below...
There's a quick little route I've been using to clear out all vendor shit...
Grand Archives bonfire...straight in, right, kill 2 thralls, go to the area with the big wax pond, kill 4 priests, through door and up, kill priest on left then one in the door...continue clearing thralls and priests up to the point where you would go outside to the roof...tele to last bonfire, rinse and repeat. 55-60K in a few minutes for each run and it's a cake walk

Or, as said above, jolly co-op.

What's the best way to get summoned as a Blade of the Darkmoon to get the reward used to rank up.

I'm infront of Twin Princes with the ring on and nothing so far.

Boogdud

I did 0 covenant stuff, which helps. I just have no interest in that side of the game.

Same for me, finished in 30 hours killing everything. I'll probably sunbro for fun since I haven't started ng+ yet. Didn't have any interest in covenants during my playthgrough.

Mechazawa

The amount of people who summon for help without trying the boss first is insane.

No, I don't want to see the Farron boss cutscene for the fourth time, guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom