• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

phierce

The game design for
the dancer
is completely stupid. If you die, how do you know where the hell
the dancer is?
I only met that girl(Which is the only hint of where to go if you dont one shot the boss) in the cathedral once and she was never mentioned again, so why did From think that I'd remember such a character and her location? I had to use a wiki to find out how to find the boss, because I just ended up searching
ithryll dungeon.
Because you've been there before.

Tingle

I've been summoned 10-15 times in this playthrough in
Lothric Castle and Grand Archives

I do wish they could have made less restrictions, but it works if you find the right areas.

Yeah, I know the covenant works, it just doesn't work well. They really need to throw in a blue eye orb, or just make the
Silver Knights
have a higher drop. Every other covenant works really great, the blues just stick out for being a huge pain.

Zocano

I forget how boring end-game "fair" pvp is

I guess getting the 30 vertebra is going to be as mind-numbing as the 30 proofs.

Rixxan

All bosses down, game beaten

30 hours level 90

Nameless King
was clearly
Gwyns son and should have been the final boss, and not optional

All of
Archdragons Peak
was superb, what an incredible zone

TheFlow

Banned
The game design for
the dancer
the dancer is?
I only met that girl(Which is the only hint of where to go if you dont one shot the boss) in the cathedral once and she was never mentioned again, so why did From think that I'd remember such a character and her location? I had to use a wiki to find out how to find the boss, because I just ended up searching
ithryll dungeon.
You are teleported to room no matter what if you go about beating the story bosses. Since you been to the room before(I mean it is the biggest room in the game and next to the second boss so hard to miss) then you will have no problems knowing where to go

MilkBeard

Yeah, I know the covenant works, it just doesn't work well. They really need to throw in a blue eye orb, or just make the
Silver Knights
have a higher drop. Every other covenant works really great, the blues just stick out for being a huge pain.

yeah, a Blue Eye Orb would be perfect, like the invaders get.

Didn't Dark Souls 2 have a blue eye orb? I wonder why they didn't keep it for this game.

Well, here's to hoping that From can patch it in.

Grisby

Beat N
ameless King
on my own.

FOr all my STR bros out there that are suffering because of this prick. I advise patience. It's a long fight because you can only get a few hits in at certain points. Once you slow down though, he's beatable.
I think theres just so many people playing that many times you will press summon and they have already been summoned by someone else so it fails if you catch it late. Several times ive put my sign down and i am immediately summoned, like barely enough time for my thumb to get off the button.
Yep. I think you're right.

ramyeon

The game design for
the dancer
the dancer is?
ithryll dungeon.
I'm more shocked that so many people are having an issue with this.

Tingle

yeah, a Blue Eye Orb would be perfect, like the invaders get.

Didn't Dark Souls 2 have a blue eye orb? I wonder why they didn't keep it for this game.

Well, here's to hoping that From can patch it in.

Yep, both DS1 and 2 had it. I guess they thought it was redundant with the number of invasion covenants (and it honestly is, somewhat).

TheFlow

Banned
I think I'm going to have to come to terms with the idea that I can't beat the N
ameless
K
ing
solo at level 50. I've spent probably 20 embers trying. I just can't trigger the stagger.
Lv50? Beat him solo at lv 98.

You wanna make sure you have armor with decent thunder reduction and there is a thunder reduction ring in the area. You trigger the stagger when every he starts channeling otherwise hug him and always roll to the right. I repeat do not roll forward or backward but to the right while strafing. Makes him way easier to handle

Or you can equip the two roll rings that basically make you Able to roll past anything

Onemic

I'm more shocked that so many people are having an issue with this.

Because you only go there once for no more than 30 seconds?

It would make more sense to not mention it if the area was a recurring place you have to visit, but it isn't. Not to mention the boss fight started almost immediately after being teleported there so I had no real chance to really take notice of the room. It's not even a distinctive area since a ton of places in the game have a very similar layout. It's just bad game design. But whatever, beat the dancer and now Im at the next area.

All bosses down, game beaten

30 hours level 90

Nameless King
was clearly
Gwyns son and should have been the final boss, and not optional

All of
Archdragons Peak
was superb, what an incredible zone

He sure is fucking hard enough to be the final boss. I need to give the other two bosses I have left a go before I can say either way.

Lv50? Beat him solo at lv 98.

You wanna make sure you have armor with decent thunder reduction and there is a thunder reduction ring in the area. You trigger the stagger when every he starts channeling otherwise hug him and always roll to the right. I repeat do not roll forward or backward but to the right while strafing. Makes him way easier to handle

Or you can equip the two roll rings that basically make you Able to roll past anything

Yeah 50 I've been buying consumables, upgrades, and armor since I hit that point. It seems like the sweet spot to get summoned for invasions, so I figured I'd just stick to there for now. I've got the Drakeblood set and thunderplate ring equipped. I guess I'm rolling in the wrong direction mostly.

Is
placing the basin a point of no return
?

No in fact you can turn back the second you do it if you want. You've still some ways to go before its over especially if you count side areas.

MilkBeard

Yep, both DS1 and 2 had it. I guess they thought it was redundant with the number of invasion covenants (and it honestly is, somewhat).

I'm still trying to figure out how it works in DS3. I've noticed how the summons I get increase in areas that many other players are at my same level.

However, occasionally I will get summoned into completely different areas. So it seems like it will use any location, but there's some kind of limitation, or priority based on where you are.

Tingle

I'm still trying to figure out how it works in DS3. I've noticed how the summons I get increase in areas that many other players are at my same level.

However, occasionally I will get summoned into completely different areas. So it seems like it will use any location, but there's some kind of limitation, or priority based on where you are.

I've noticed higher summons when I was around
Anor Londo
, which makes sense because the area is an invasion hotbed. I figure when you get summoned far away, those places are just unpopulated, or some weird quirk.

Rixxan

Kinda surprised I haven't seen more praise for A
rchdragons
P
eak

THAT is what I wanted Dark Souls 3 to be

It was striking, and distinct, and it was captivating and fresh

Don't get me wrong I
rithyl
of the B
oreal
V
alley
was beautiful in its own way but it was familiar, it was shades of Yharnam

The former felt entirely new to me

I'm sorry guys but one more dumb question. Now that Y
harm
is dead what exactly do I do? I put the ashes on the throne but have no new areas to go to?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Okay, that's enough Souls. Just took down my fourth boss today:
Dancer of the Boreal Valley

Wonderful boss design and really great music, which is a common theme with the last few bosses I've fought.
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Yhorm the Giant
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods

I'm only 26 hours in but the pacing of this game just FEELS incredibly quick. Can't explain it. Anyway, very productive day, and very excited to continue on.

_h8bit

Banned
rchdragons
P
eak

Don't get me wrong I
rithyl
of the B
oreal
V
alley

Yeah I just went through this spot tonight and it's beautiful. Definitely a visual change of pace from the rest of the game in a great way.

kagamin

rchdragons
P
eak

Don't get me wrong I
rithyl
of the B
oreal
V
alley

Considering I won't be able to play Bloodborne for the foreseeable future, I felt it looked great, especially the garden area, despite how short the area is.

Manu

Wait, so every time I die to
Nameless King
I need to fight
King of the Storm
again?

Fuck this if true.

SRTtoZ

First boss that actually gave me some trouble was P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
. What a motherfucker. I was using Vordt's great hammer +2 which wrecks everything else but it's a terrible weapon for this boss because you need something a bit faster because of how aggressive he is. So I upgraded my Butcher knife to +6 and equipped a shield and just blocked and used side strafe against him and finally took him down. I was almost ALMOST going to summon for him but in my first playthroughs I hate to summon people and so far I'm good with no summons. Moving on!

Manu

have fun!

7n6hPlf.gif

ramyeon

I've only killed
Yhorm and Abyss Watcher's

And there are no new areas from what I've seen? I suppose I've missed a path somewhere?
You've missed a path.

You either need to explore Irithyll more and defeat Pontiff Sulyvhan, or warp to his chamber and continue on from there.

Zocano

All I want is to get this garbage covenant reward out of the way so I can continue to never touch this game's pvp. Fuckin' min-maxed end-game bullshit

You've missed a path.

You either need to explore Irithyll more and defeat Pontiff Sulyvhan, or warp to his chamber and continue on from there.
I already killed him and did everything in the nearby area or so I thought. I guess I totally missed something

ramyeon

I already killed him and did everything in the nearby area or so I thought. I guess I totally missed something
(Sorry forgot to end spoiler tags, you'll probably need to edit the quote in your post too).

Yeah, there's a path out of his chamber that leads to a courtyard full of giants. You need to proceed from there.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Abyss Watchers
fight was dope as fuck.

The music is incredible in this fight.

First time doing this fight he and I kill each other at the exact same time. However, the game registers the win for me before the "You Are Dead" screen comes up, so I respawn at a nearby bonfire with the game acknowledging that I killed him. That, coupled with the ramping music, made this perhaps the most epic Souls fight I've ever had.

Holy shit! I just found the whip and feel like such a Simon Belmont badass. Used it to take out a phantom and another bad guy in
Undead Settlement
with just a couple of hits.

It works quite well taking out mobs.

(Sorry forgot to end spoiler tags, you'll probably need to edit the quote in your post too).

Yeah, there's a path out of his chamber that leads to a courtyard full of giants. You need to proceed from there.
I did all that and went all the way up the tower and unlocked the
Covenant
up there too. Man I'm not sure where there could be something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom