• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Personally I find that doing whatever seems natural at the time is best for your first play through. You can use the starting classes to help you pick a base, but past that you might find different weapons you want to use that you'll need to level up for. Maybe start with one of the hybrid classes.

You can re-spec in Dark Souls 3, so don't worry too much. Just enjoy it.

Cool. I watched a video to explain the starting classes and the Mercenary seems up my alley. I'm thinking of focusing on Dex for katanas and spears.

Ogawa-san

Soooo many skiing bosses tonight in co-op...

I mean, it's easy souls since bosses don't attack and you don't take damage, but still.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Getting vertebrae shackles is impossible. I sometimes have to kill three phantoms to even earn one that way too hard.

It's not impossible. Are you invading or getting summoned?
I find it's easier to co-operate with the host, run around killing enemies and collecting souls until a dark spirit shows up, then help to defeat them. Job done.

Every so often, the kind host might even present an opportunity for you to take his shackle... Don't pass that up!

In a 3v1 (or otherwise unwinnable) situation, it's best to just let your mad purple roots take control and act crazy. Give the host something to remember. Go out in style. Be the Mound-Maker. The grind is less painful that way.

Few notes after PVP

1) people who heal during fight clubs are idiots and deserve to get run over by a bus
2) people who use quality builds with insane stamina + clamors are booooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrring
3) fight clubs are a fun environment when assholes are doing #1

Zocano

The most annoying thing is that there's just a small variety of movesets that are actually effective (re: too effective) in pvp and it's just annoying to have to be funneled into those playstyles just to be able to not be completely disadvantaged.

Swordspears and Uchis everywhere

edit: the effectiveness of the running stab is stupid; I've always hated how shitty the lag is in pvp. I think "fair" pvp is just a giant farce.

How much does luck/item discovery actually affect drop chances?

I tried farming items for one of the covenants and the drop rate with 55 luck, and all the item discovery gear I could muster (rapier offhand, rusty coin, gold covetous ring, symbol of avarice), and it made no noticeable difference to me.

Hell, I got more drops in 25 or so runs after helping someone beat a boss with 11 luck than I did when I had did several runs after I had respec'ed to have my luck at 55... I'm already losing my sanity and I need 20 more of these things. :(

Soodanim

Started my second playthrough as a filthy sorcerer. God damn, it's terrible, maybe i just don't get it, but I am just not enjoying slapping fools with spells. Vaguely recall similar feelings to my sorcery plathrough in DSI, but that changed around afterawhile, and turned to one of my favorite playthroughs, gonna just hammer through then I suppose.
In my experience it's better to think of magic weapon as your main spell, with the ranged ones being more for ranged support.

Despite posts like yours, which I've seen a few times, I'm looking forward to doing a magic build. Attunement giving slots and FP makes it a much easier build to spec for, and there are a lot of spells I never used (I only did one run of 2, and that was melee).

I plan to do everything in this game, just like I did with 1. Already a mixed build, and I'll do pure str, dex, int, fai, luck, non-scaling weapons with high vit/end, bow only (hopefully it's not too limited by 99 arrow limits), themed builds (Solaire, etc).

Is there a save file limit this time?

It's not impossible. Are you invading or getting summoned?
I find it's easier to co-operate with the host, run around killing enemies and collecting souls until a dark spirit shows up, then help to defeat them. Job done.

Every so often, the kind host might even present an opportunity for you to take his shackle... Don't pass that up!

In a 3v1 (or otherwise unwinnable) situation, it's best to just let your mad purple roots take control and act crazy. Give the host something to remember. Go out in style. Be the Mound-Maker. The grind is less painful that way.

I keep getting summoned into gang bangs when I invade and I'm not getting summoned with the white stone at all.

kagamin

I think you mean
Dragonslayer Armour

He was fun, except for the random flame storm that made me have to take the guy in two tries instead of one. Too bad I couldn't use bleed on him, the only thing I'm miffed about, but I get why it's literally impossible lol.

Man Un
tended graves and the other firelink there is so interesting to see. Does it mean that our firelink is somewhere far in the past and the one shrouded in dark is the real one?
Regardless, most eerie place I've been, feels substantial for being optional.

Also,
can I give the firekeeper eyes without jeopardizing my Usurping end
?

You can get it by completing her quest line. The armor will be sold by the handmaiden. If it's not available yet, it's because
she hasn't killed herself yet. Make sure you explore the graves in front of firelink shrine to find some of her stuff after you kill the princes.

princes?
Isnt the fight in the greatwood boss area the end of her quest?

created a 2nd chracter and decided to help noobs in the first area by putting a summon sign, host was invaded by a guy with late game items, im talking about full ornstein set's and stuff like that.

I really dont get what's the appeal to invade noobs. welp at least i managed to kill him :/

kagamin

Man Un
tended graves and the other firelink there is so interesting to see. Does it mean that our firelink is somewhere far in the past and the one shrouded in dark is the real one?

I put a
message down in Untended Graves near where Patches would be and it appeared in Firelink Shrine as well
! :eek:

He was fun, except for the random flame storm that made me have to take the guy in two tries instead of one. Too bad I couldn't use bleed on him, the only thing I'm miffed about, but I get why it's literally impossible lol.

Frostbite is super effective against him.

Timeaisis

Yeah, I hear you. I mostly love that boss the most because I ran out of vials and just barely survived. It was pretty damn intense.

Man Un

Also,
can I give the firekeeper eyes without jeopardizing my Usurping end
?

You can if you want.

She will ask if you really want a world without fire; so long as you say "it's not what I really want", I think you're fine. You can also select to not jump into NG+ from the end, so you go back to your current NG playthrough. This is when I gave her the eyes and she asked me if I wanted the world to be in darkness...

Man, I just cannot beat
Nameless King
! Probably the hardest boss for me in the Soul series, I would love to hear other people's strategies in how they have beaten that monstrosity

MilkBeard

Getting a lot of Darkmoon love in the
Grand Archive
. Seems to be the sweet spot right now. Lot of invades happening here, and it gets deadly.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
16th boss,
The Princes
, down. Fuck those guys were hard.

Robiin

I'm still in early game. Do you know how demotivating it is to look around the Road of Sacrifices for like an hour just finding all the secrets, alternate paths and elevated roads, just to be taken down against one of the two dudes with what looked like Dragon Tooth, when you've been fighting them for ten minutes and he has one hit left before being killed. It was intense, but I lost because I got greedy. I will never find my way back! Will get back to it today but man, I thought I was doing well!

Do the giant enemy crabs respawn? Noticed I got a ring when I killed the first one. The other one I snuck past because I was low on estus and wanted to explore more.

Rizzi

I have a question about the matchmaking in DS3 on the PS4.
I'm an Australian. If I bought the game digitally off the US store would I get matched with people in NA or other Australians?

phierce

I'm still in early game. Do you know how demotivating it is to look around the Road of Sacrifices for like an hour just finding all the secrets, alternate paths and elevated roads, just to be taken down against one of the two dudes with what looked like Dragon Tooth, when you've been fighting them for ten minutes and he has one hit left before being killed. It was intense, but I lost because I got greedy. I will never find my way back! Will get back to it today but man, I thought I was doing well!

Do the giant enemy crabs respawn? Noticed I got a ring when I killed the first one. The other one I snuck past because I was low on estus and wanted to explore more.
They're pretty much straight across the water from the halfway bonfire (kind of angle slightly left when going).

Yes, they respawn.

SRTtoZ

They respawn sadly.

Get'sMad

ive been post game for the last few days in the english version but have stayed at around level 70 and invading the
lothric/grand archives
has been real fun. been getting my troll on real hard.

kagamin

ive been post game for awhile in the english version but have stayed at around level 70 and invading the
lothric/grand archives
has been real fun the last few days. been getting my troll on real hard.

I've been doing some sl50 invasions on the first bonfire at the peak, fun times, especially when I land sacred flame. :3

MilkBeard

ive been post game for the last few days in the english version but have stayed at around level 70 and invading the
lothric/grand archives
has been real fun. been getting my troll on real hard.
The place is pretty wicked when you've got a full spread of invaders, mads and blues.

Raw64life

Just crossed the 40 hour mark. All I have left is the
Nameless King
and then the final boss. I tried him once and got wrecked handily. Then I spent about 20 minutes trying to summon help to no avail. Guess I'm gonna have to try and solo him.

MUnited83

For you.
You can if you want.

She will ask if you really want a world without fire; so long as you say "it's not what I really want", I think you're fine. You can also select to not jump into NG+ from the end, so you go back to your current NG playthrough. This is when I gave her the eyes and she asked me if I wanted the world to be in darkness...

From what I know,
if you give her the eyes and say that you want darkness, you can still backtrack that by killing her, She says in a dialogue that you can kill her when she has the eyes and she will return to life without them.

Vorheez

Poise is useful as hell. So yea armor is useful.
No it's not? I have the beefiest set on in the game, totalling like 80 equip load and it's doing jack SHIT for stopping anything coming my way. I'm a long time souls vet, and armor feels about as useful as wrapping tinfoil around my guy.

justjim89

Why does every boss have to change the damn rules halfway through, every time? Currently butting my head against
Aldrich
, going solo cause the game keeps booting me from offline cause of framerate. There should at least be NPC summons available for every boss fight. But every time she does her
volley of arrows they get more accurate and last longer
, which sucks. Using a
Wolf Knight Greatsword +3, silver knight set, black knight shield
, level 70 with 30 STR, still getting wrecked. Can get her reliably halfway down, and then she changes forms and hits harder, and it's all downhill. Ugh.

Also kinda bums me out that with 30 hours in the game, the only weapon I found that scales A with strength is the
butcher knife
, and is there really no way to reinforce armor?

kagamin

No it's not? I have the beefiest set on in the game, totalling like 80 equip load and it's doing jack SHIT for stopping anything coming my way. I'm a long time souls vet, and armor feels about as useful as wrapping tinfoil around my guy.

I'm speaking in terms of PVP, dunno about PVE, also never fat roll, ever, never never ever. Armmor of Thorns deals nice poise damage on rolls though I'll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom