• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a great game. It took maybe 5-6 hours to shake off the bloodborne style of play and slow down. Now I feel a lot more comfrotable.

So I'm going for a strength build and currently using
the great sword you get after hour trade in that huge trees soul
Seems to be working quite well but the upgrade path seems like it's gonna be a pain the ass as it requires titanite slabs. Is there a similar sword that's better or easier to upgrade and what would you fellas recommend for a strength build that prefers great swords? Thanks for the help.

All I want is to get this garbage covenant reward out of the way so I can continue to never touch this game's pvp. Fuckin' min-maxed end-game bullshit

I like the idea of Dark Souls' pvp, but with the crappy online hit detection its never been something I enjoyed doing. Way too often I see myself or the other person score a hit and never have it register. In a local or LAN setting it would be great I imagine.

Is this first Dark Souls? That might explain why you didn't realize to keep going.
No I've played every Souls game. I did that part a while ago and got the Covenant and then went to do other zones and entirely forgot there was that switch to pull there

Never beat the Original Dark Souls though of that's what it's from

Are the whips good? I'm getting a strong threaded cane vibe. They seem slow and don't do a lot of damage.

They work well against target with little to no armor, but otherwise not really. They have their place, but its very niche. They have a decent place in pvp usually since people tend to either wear tons of armor, so you know its useless or almost none, so it becomes really great.

So are the Blue Sentinel and Blades of the Darkmoon covenants completely broken or do they just take a really long time to find a connection?

Zocano

You know, I thought the mound makers grind would be easier because at least it's consistent but I'd rather take farming a 100 proofs over trying to stand the garbage pvp. I don't understand how people put up with the shitty "fair" pvp.

So are the Blue Sentinel and Blades of the Darkmoon covenants completely broken or do they just take a really long time to find a connection?

They're broken because nobody stays in the way of blue.

Stencil

Is Fextralife all broken and slow for anyone else? Any other good wikis for DS3? I seem to recall there being a couple I would switch between for DkS1 but maybe the other has fallen by the wayside.

Steel

Banned
Oooh man. Invaded someone in the A
ldritch
covenant area as a red spirit. Guy gets invaded by one of the covenanteers. So they're fighting it out in a nice clear area and then I come in when they're backing off each other and slash them both up.

This leads to a protracted(10 minutes or so) epic 1v1v1 battle that ends with me killing the covenant guy, and the Host, with 10% health left, killing me. It was totally worth it.

Except in Cathedral of the Deep. One of those jumping slug skeleton guys can have the bar filling up like five times in a row. It's friggin irritating.

Still better than frenzy.

LiK

Is Fextralife all broken and slow for anyone else? Any other good wikis for DS3? I seem to recall there being a couple I would switch between for DkS1 but maybe the other has fallen by the wayside.

site's been down for me for a few days now. i guess DkS3 traffic killed it. thankfully, you can look up boss guides on their Youtube channel if you need it.

404 error for me right now and no there doesn't seem to be anything else in terms of wikis. The wikidot will probably eventually be decent too, but for now there's the only one right now.

Unicorn

Just bought this for PC. Downloading now. I've been playing Dark Souls 1 and just got to the halfway point, but just feel I may be better served with Dark Souls 3.

What are some cool character builds I can go with? I was trying to do a Mage in DS1 and it just felt bland throwing plinky spirit arrows. I just never found cool looking spells. Maybe more melee will help? I'd be down for hybrid, probably.

I just want to do cool shit.

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck

Onion Bro
died. While fighting that
lava demon thingy, he got knocked off the cliff and died :(. I hope I didn't miss anything too important

I just realized.

When you fight a Lord of Cinder, their
second phase is always fire because when they hit half life they Ember.

Doh.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Started my second playthrough as a filthy sorcerer. God damn, it's terrible, maybe i just don't get it, but I am just not enjoying slapping fools with spells. Vaguely recall similar feelings to my sorcery plathrough in DSI, but that changed around afterawhile, and turned to one of my favorite playthroughs, gonna just hammer through then I suppose.

LiK

Started my second playthrough as a filthy sorcerer. God damn, it's terrible, maybe i just don't get it, but I am just not enjoying slapping fools with spells. Vaguely recall similar feelings to my sorcery plathrough in DSI, but that changed around afterawhile, and turned to one of my favorite playthroughs, gonna just hammer through then I suppose.

i was never into a Sorc build either. it's boring cuz you just shoot everything. Evena playing with a Bow is more fun than with spells.

From Un
tended graves? I feel like I see a lot more enemies than a regular bonfire -> boss route.

yea, i just ran straight ahead, follow the path up and then drop down and quickly ran through the fog gate. i ignored all the enemies.

Timeaisis

I guess. Feels like a lot more room for error. As in, you make a bad roll and you go from max HP to death. The bosses seem really hit or miss in that respect.

Like,
Dancer
and
Twin Princes
. The first has a death combo, which, once you learn, if easy to avoid, but annoying as hell if you make one mistake. While
Prince
has a teleport, which is also easy to avoid, but the problem here is sometimes the camera doesn't co-operate, you loose lock-on and you get sideswipped from behind. Can't really dodge an attack you can't see. That's what I mean by gimmicky shit. Mostly frustrating. Meanwhile, some of the other bosses are really tough but really fair. Liie
Abyss Watchers
or
Aldrich
. Really quite hard, but you can learn them at least.

Just my two cents. Haven't finished the game yet.

I like how like right after I post this I fight the most gimmicky boss battle of all.
Ancient Wyvern
. Lol wow that was dumb. I was really looking forward to fighting
a dragon
legitimately. Oh well.

Soodanim

Just bought this for PC. Downloading now. I've been playing Dark Souls 1 and just got to the halfway point, but just feel I may be better served with Dark Souls 3.

What are some cool character builds I can go with? I was trying to do a Mage in DS1 and it just felt bland throwing plinky spirit arrows. I just never found cool looking spells. Maybe more melee will help? I'd be down for hybrid, probably.

I just want to do cool shit.
Personally I find that doing whatever seems natural at the time is best for your first play through. You can use the starting classes to help you pick a base, but past that you might find different weapons you want to use that you'll need to level up for. Maybe start with one of the hybrid classes.

You can re-spec in Dark Souls 3, so don't worry too much. Just enjoy it.

Hmmm. My game just crashed two times in a row on PS4 when I tried to summon for help at D
ragonslayer
A
rmour

I had been offering my services as a Sunbro here with no problems, but when I try to get some help for myself it crashes to xmb. Has this happened to anyone else?

kagamin

I like how like right after I post this I fight the most gimmicky boss battle of all.
Ancient Wyvern
. Lol wow that was dumb. I was really looking forward to fighting
a dragon
legitimately. Oh well.

Did you get to the best boss fight? C
hampion Gundyr

Tell me about it, so many fucking ads I was forced to use an ad blocker

co1onel

So..can you not get sirris' armor?
Is killing her the only way?

You can get it by completing her quest line. The armor will be sold by the handmaiden. If it's not available yet, it's because
she hasn't killed herself yet. Make sure you explore the graves in front of firelink shrine to find some of her stuff after you kill the princes.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I have never hated the camera in Dark Souls as much as I have for this boss fight. Fuck you From. I'm gonna go play some Shadow Tower to cool off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom