• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Phol

I did a complete playthrough with that knife. It's pretty great actually. Some bosses bleed more than others so some will be quite tough but I found it to be a really fun weapon and the quickstep is pretty useful.

Oh sweet, guess I'll hang on to it for awhile unless something more interesting shows up.

Arjen

So i'm currently fighting
Nameless King
during one of my runs to the door I noticed a developer message telling me
not to ring the bell if I wanted to follow the path of the dragon.
What exactly am I missing out on?

you can summon an NPC if you go the other way, if you kill all the enemies with him on your way to the top and do the gesture with him you progress the dragon questline.

myco666

If you have the gear required, consider this method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qIP6HuCwaI

I actually got 10 per hour (but I've invested 15 points into luck, so theres that) I got my first 15 shackles through mound maker but I just got bored of 3v1's, as others have said, once you nuke the host, you've won, but it still takes way, way more effort than just farming those 2 dumb ass skeletons.

From has really done a number on the convenant rewards this time round, and mound maker might have the worst rewards of the lot. The pyromancy spell, warmth, while cool in concept heals very little, you could argue that it would be great if you got hit with an Undead Hunter charm, but warmth doesn't do anything an equivalent 25 faith miracle can't, it might have some arguable usage if it used int rather than fth...

and the rank 2 katana has some of the worst base dmg of any katana in the game, even if it has good scaling. I'd nearly rather the covenant rewards were purely cosmetic and were just for show, and it least it would be more honest than the bargain basement junk they give you for all your hard effort.

Farming is the last thing I will do to get those. I've already farmed Proofs, Human Dregs and Swordgrass. Don't really want to add more hours to farming clock when I could be done with it in few minutes.

D
ancer
is no joke. Giving me the hardest time of any boss by far. The combos are brutal and the room is too small. Get stuck on things too often trying to dodge and get rekt.

Lord Phol

So I was just summoned to someones world as a mad phantom, he started punching me and I must have hit him like 15 times but he didn't recieve any damage at all. Is this normal?

Veelk

Banned
Then yeah something in C scaling of both compared to A+D should still win.

Except it doesn't get that high.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Greatsword

The highest any scaling goes is a B in either Dex or str. It gets A's in Int and Faith, but I have no points in those, and the base damage goes way, way down.

Man, I am so disillusioned with the guts sword. It has NOTHING going for it except it's sheer base damage, and I bet I can get higher than that with other greatswords.

I think I might go farm for the Cathedral Greatsword like was my original plan.

So I was just summoned to someones world as a mad phantom, he started punching me and I must have hit him like 15 times but he didn't recieve any damage at all. Is this normal?
Chance it coulda been lag.

It usually doesn't bother me too much, until it happened one time I got summoned to help with a boss fight and myself and the other summon did enough damage to kill the thing twice and none of it registered.

Lord Phol

Chance it coulda been lag.

It usually doesn't bother me too much, until it happened one time I got summoned to help with a boss fight and myself and the other summon did enough damage to kill the thing twice and none of it registered.

Not normal but it happens. Probably a lag issue.

Ah, thought it might have been some weird item or covenant thing but yeah probably just lag then, thanks!

The highest any scaling goes is a B in either Dex or str. It gets A's in Int and Faith, but I have no points in those, and the base damage goes way, way down.

Man, I am so disillusioned with the guts sword. It has NOTHING going for it except it's sheer base damage, and I bet I can get higher than that with other greatswords.

The Greatsword must have really low C+C scaling then, because that the first time I've seen that. The Astora Great sword get B+B with refined so maybe go with that.

Gandour

Neo Member
The skin shader in this game is really bad, my character looks like an oiled metallic statue most of the time.

Great game btw.

LogicStep

I'd say beating I
rithyll
is halfway, especially going by number of bosses encountered by that point.
Holy shit I love this game so much. I'm much more into it than ds1. I just beat
Pontif
and so I guess I'm close to the mix point. But I haven't discovered everything. I'm going back to early areas to try and find everything.

Almost 35 hours in, level 89 I believe, I'm at
the Elder/Younger Brothers.
only had one shot at it so far and managed to get to phase 2 with it. Phase 2 looked pretty rediculous though.
Dodge magic attacks as well as teleporting melee.
would love to hear some tips for when I get off work and get back on. I can't stop exploring in this game

Veelk

Banned
The Greatsword must have really low C+C scaling then, because that the first time I've seen that. The Astora Great sword get B+B with refined so maybe go with that.

Can't. It's either this or Cathedral Greatsword. Astora Greatsword looks great, but it's too thin.

I'm very highly adamant about keeping to the aesthetics of the character I built, so I only use particular weapons until I finish this playthrough, and then I'm going for everything else.

Cross post. I absolutely love invading U
ntended Gardens
. The atmosphere is perfect for the hunt.

B72DA6D3BB0DAF69002D666F29581CAAABA0BBF7

Jellie

only had one shot at it so far and managed to get to phase 2 with it. Phase 2 looked pretty rediculous though.
would love to hear some tips for when I get off work and get back on. I can't stop exploring in this game
there are only two magic attacks. The first is a bunch of homing orbs followed by the teleport melee so just run/roll away from that. The second is a charged projectile which will follow up after lorians charged projectile so just roll both. Essentially just play like phase 1 for lorians attacks and focus on avoiding lothrics magic instead of attacking

ogbg

Yup on PC, hope it wasn't a hack or something.

The fact the dude was fists only makes me suspect hack but maybe not. I've come across one definite cheater in my whole time with PvP. He was summoning reds as if for a fight club and then one-shotting them with a crossbow. He also had infinite health. It was kind of hilarious actually but I hope it doesn't become a big problem.

Boss tips:

focus on avoiding the Magic the younger brother uses, he doesn't fire them too often and then you can get back to focusing the elder brother. He has the same moveset he did in phase 1. When you down the older focus on killing the younger or else he'll Rez the elder again

Ok Gaf.

Explain Scaling for me. In retard terms.

I have a weapon that is for example 100 dmg base nothing else.

A scaling strength. D everything else.

How damage differnce per point attributed to strength is the difference?

Is it A 3 points dmg per point?
B = 2 C = 1.

How does it work? What percentage off the weapon.

krakov

Wat? Greatsword is great, high base dmg and good c/c scaling, I'd imagine it almost doubles the base damage at 40/40. Great moveset, amazing reach. Cathedral Greatsword is lighter and more strenght oriented but otherwise worse in every way.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played online in so long because my reliance on PS4's Rest Mode. Seemed pretty fun first time out, I might make an effort to reconnect each time.

LiK

I'm close to lvl 90 now. I think I'll return to that area with the two dogs so i can destroy them for the ring.

Veelk

Banned
Wat? Greatsword is great, high base dmg and good c/c scaling, I'd imagine it almost doubles the base damage at 40/40. Great moveset, amazing reach. Cathedral Greatsword is lighter and more strenght oriented but otherwise worse in every way.

For most of the game, sure. It does absolutely stupid damage to enemies (especially if you're hilariously overleveled like me)

But I'm at the final stretch, and the enemies have simply been too fast for it and they're tough enough that they can take a few hits from it. The only thing it's got going for it is reach and power. Everything else, the slowness, the recovery time, the high stamina cost, doesn't stagger much, and it's all killing me here, often literally. I haven't tried the normal swords, but from what I hear, they do marginally less damage fully upgraded and scaled, with a lot more benefits in other areas. I wanted to do a Guts build, and I'll see it through, but for a series that's so clearly heavily inspired by Berserk it's handicapped by the fact that they didn't incorperate is that Guts is a lightning fast motherfucker even with that sword. for me, I'm just over it at this point.

Good thing about Cathedral sword is that with a higher scaling in STR, and virtually no scaling in DEX, I might be able to get more out of it with a heavy gem and a stat respec.

Also, is there any way to sheath the sword on your back other than using a bow? I like putting my sword away when I'm not using it.

dk_

Is there something like the silver talisman in Dark Souls 3? Blending into the environment when getting invaded.

LiK

I think I'll try going super light armor for the N
ameless
K
ing
tonight. Dodging is the main way of avoiding his attacks and I wanna be faster. His second form keeps kicking my ass cuz I'm not used to the patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom