• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

gdt

Okay, where the hell is (first area spoiler)
the big Guardian's arms? I found one of his arm by the entrance to the grey area (on the way to the DF), I'm missing his other arm. Got the rest of his limbs.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Man,
The Wailing Host
fight was intense stuff. Hopefully I had a Chaos Form at the ready for the last bit. Easy, but intense.

Is it normal that I'm Lvl. 17 and JUST leaving the Dead Plains?

Dahbomb

Okay, where the hell is (first area spoiler)
the big Guardian's arms? I found one of his arm by the entrance to the grey area (on the way to the DF), I'm missing his other arm. Got the rest of his limbs.
Well there is one right in front of the Scar dungeon and one right near the Charred area across the road you travel to the forest area. The other 2 are on the opposite side of the world map, one is near Oran's area himself before your swim across the river and the other is also on the main road of that whole area (hard to miss really).

george_us

This really is a huge game. I'm 13 hours in and I still have one dungeon to go in the
Realm of the Undead.

I thought Vigil was full of crap when they said that the each realm was as big as the entirety of Darksiders 1 but noooooooope.

Dahbomb

I don't think each realm is as big as DS1 nor is it as varied because of the similarity in environments of a particular realm but the game is definitely very huge.

forrest

formerly nacire
About to finish up pseudo-speedrun. Then I'll hook up the mic and start NIGHTMARE!

http://www.twitch.tv/tragicvideo

Watched for a bit until you got to where I am in my playthrough.
One shot Samael on Apocalyptic, wrapping up my item hunt before going any further
What was the deal with that bomb and the portals when you were using the soul splitter? Looked like the bomb wasn't going through or something.

Aeana

Can't believe I just went through this lengthy side dungeon (called
Boneriven
) and at the end all there was was a chest with gold and a crappy piece of armor in it.

tragic

Developer
This really is a huge game. I'm 13 hours in and I still have one dungeon to go in the
Realm of the Undead.

I thought Vigil was fully of crap when they said that the each realm was as big as the entirety of Darksiders 1 but noooooooope.

That was a total misquote by the way! In one of the first interviews, someone mentioned that the first zone has more dungeons than the entire first game, and that there were four zones. People took that to mean all 4 zones were bigger than the first game. Just kept getting repeated.

That being said, the first and second zone have more dungeons than the first game. And, there are more side dungeons (optional) than the entire first game.

gdt

Question:

Are all 10 pages of the first chapter of the book thingy in the first world? Finished it (at around 11 hours) but I'm staying around a bit to finish up some sidequests. Also, can I find all three blue stone types in the first world?

Boneriven
) and at the end all there was was a chest with gold and a crappy piece of armor in it.

Those chests look so badass but I've never gotten anything good out of those special chests

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow.... the weapon you get after you beat
Achidna
is crazy good. Insane lifesteal and sustain. Perfect for Crucible. I kid you not.

Wow.... the weapon you get after you beat
Achidna
is crazy good. Insane lifesteal and sustain. Perfect for Crucible. I kid you not.

You just kinda blow through the first 25 waves with that thing like it wasn't shit. +37% crit chance, plus Wrath specials that increase that by 20%, plus constantly getting wrath-on-hit = dead-ass-motherfuckas REAL quick

Derrick01

Banned
So when does the difficulty pick up? I just did
the cauldron dungeon
and I'm breezing through these basic enemies. I'm only level 5 or 6.

Boneriven

You got Skyrimmed.

And Borderlands...ed

Havok

So when does the difficulty pick up? I just did
the cauldron dungeon
and I'm breezing through these basic enemies. I'm only level 5 or 6.
Never, kind of? At least not on the normal difficulty. I just finished it a few minutes ago and thought it was incredibly easy all the way to the end.

I also thought that, staying true to its Zelda roots, it lost steam about three quarters of the way through, though it wasn't a slog to finish.

george_us

That was a total misquote by the way! In one of the first interviews, someone mentioned that the first zone has more dungeons than the entire first game, and that there were four zones. People took that to mean all 4 zones were bigger than the first game. Just kept getting repeated.

That being said, the first and second zone have more dungeons than the first game. And, there are more side dungeons (optional) than the entire first game.
If it was a misquote then it's even more impressive then! Each of the realms so far honestly feel as big as DS1.

I like this "whole new adventure" feeling when I entered the second world. I can't wait for the third and fourth world. I hope the dungeons and puzzles are much more interesting.

Derrick01

Banned
Never, kind of? At least not on the normal difficulty. I just finished it a few minutes ago and thought it was incredibly easy all the way to the end.

I also thought that, staying true to its Zelda roots, it lost steam about three quarters of the way through, though it wasn't a slog to finish.

That's what I feared, the difficulty at least. Guess I'll be upping it. I don't usually do that since I'm not amazing at these kinds of games and mastering the combat, but it's just too easy so far. I'll get bored if I keep going like this.

I remember i open a cool chest and I thought I was going to be spoiled with amazingness, it happened to be that the chest was was empty....-___________-;

aparisi2274

Hey All,

So I am a little concerned with the way the serpent tomes work in the game. When I access the one in the Tri-Stone area, I can get the gift from the in-game character, but when I click on the xbox LIVE one, it says that I can not access it due to family restrictions....

So I saved my game, and went into the family settings on my system and they are ALL OFF. Went back to the game and it still said I had restrictions on, so I went back into family settings and turned them on, but gave full rights to all settings, and still nothing!

Am I doing something wrong here?? How can I get these tomes to work with my friends, so I can send them gifts and vice versa...

Thanks so much!!!

tragic

Developer
Boneriven

There's another reason for that dungeon. The chest is just for fun. But yea, sounds like you got an unlucky random drop. =(

Exited the Crucible after 20 waves. Opens chest. Nothing inside. T_T

Known issue. I believe 20 and 95 aren't dropping. Gonna look into it on Monday.

Tragic, have you started your Nightmare playthrough yet?

Not yet. Need to find all my mic-related stuff so I can get some sound!

Is there any absolutely awesome armor you can collect throughout the game like the 1st game?

=)

Dahbomb

Get ready to do a lot of running around and elaborate platforming to find random loot that's no good anymore
Sell it for gold. I don't get my hopes up. Some I am keeping if they have valuable stats on them that I can sacrifice for.

I figured out an exploit on Vulgrim. You can use the exploit to roll Legendary items until you get one that you like.

Dahbomb

Too bad I wasted the exploit, should've used it when I got LVL30....

I kept re-rolling it until I got a possessed scythe, I got all happy and bought it. It was LVL13, same as mine. I guess it rolls based on your own level. Now I have to collect some more coins to use it against at LVL30.

And you can't possess purple weapons. All of you people thinking you can sacrifice the spider claws... I got news for you.

anybody having this problem:

I launched the game (360) and it asked me to create a new THQ account or use my exsisting one. I thought this was weird, cuz I took care of this when I first booted the game but whatevs, I chose existing account and put in my credentials. I took me to the TOS page but I can't do anything. I can't scroll it, I can't press "A" to accept, nothing happens. It's like it's stuck on this page and frgot to load the prompts to continue. I bounced back to dashboard and re-launched the game several times but it continued to happen. Luckily I can just press back and not sign in, but this happening at all is pretty stupid.

Top Bottom