• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What give away!? WHAT!? Just when NeoGAF decides to shit on me and not let me connect!

Did I miss it!?

If you can't beat something remember you can always come back later once you've leveled up/gotten better gear. Most of the time you come across optional bosses like Gorewood when they're a fair few levels higher than you.

Hmm alright sounds good. Yea I'm only level 2 right now lol.

XxCGSxX

Giving away some codes!

https://twitter.com/verytragic

I have 3 Steam Keys up for grabs.

Also, as a NeoGAF Exclusive (...), I have a handful of Shadow of Death keys too (both XBOX and PS3).

For the Shadow of Death keys, just post what your favorite part of the game is so far (use spoiler tags... be courteous!). I'll talk to Die and BY2K and we will hand out some love!
I just borrowed and started the game from a friend so
Fighting against Crow father at the beginning of the game was pretty fucking awesome. And realizing how fluid the combat system is, this game is damn good.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Giving away some codes!

Also, as a NeoGAF Exclusive (...), I have a handful of Shadow of Death keys too (both XBOX and PS3).

For the Shadow of Death keys, just post what your favorite part of the game is so far (use spoiler tags... be courteous!). I'll talk to Die and BY2K and we will hand out some love!

I'm not that far into the game, but
seeing the Leviathans attached to the Eternal Throne and attacking each other was one of those "WOW" moments in game. THESE THINGS ARE HUGE!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I wish you stuck with your inventory more. I keep disposing better looking gear for ones that are superior in attributes but look less appealing :(

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I was doing a good job at exploring, but I guess not. Who is
Gorewood
and where do you find him?

Gorewood is one of the targets Thane gives you once you defeat him. He is in Weeping Crag, found inside a building that is locked. The key is found on top of the building, which can be reached if you wallrun on the right of the locked door.

Giving away some codes!

So far,
The Guardian boss battle.

Reminded me of SotC.

PS3 version here.

Duffyside

Banned
Gorewood is one of the targets Thane gives you once you defeat him. He is in Weeping Crag, found inside a building that is locked. The key is found on top of the building, which can be reached if you wallrun on the right of the locked door.

Haha, oh, ok, thanks. Yeah, I fought Thane the first time and got past more than half his health, and then he whooped me about five times in a row and I said "huh, probably need to do this later in the game." Nope, I just stink.

Giving away some codes!

I'm going to put on my game design hat here, but (extremely early)
The part where you fight the War shadow is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Not because it's an exciting part of the game or is revolutionary or whatever. But in two minutes, it shows everyone who has played Darksiders 1 what is different between controlling War and Death. War blocks, Death dodges, War sweeps and punches, Death slashes and kicks. It was a really smart way to establish differences right off the bat. Kudos to whoever's idea that was.

Giving away some codes!

My favorite part of the game is:

When you have to fight the Guardian - great cinematic work, the boss fight was fun and challenging to figure out. The audio was amazing during this boss fight as well.

My favorite part is a toss up between the boss at the end of the first world and the fight with Crowfather. The music in both fights was awesome; guess I have to give the nod to the fight with the SoTC reference.

PS3 version.

Giving away some codes!

I really love the fact that I am able to get into the action very fast as the story progresses at a very good pace. There is not much slowdown apart from the side quests but even those are amazing. Keep up the good work!

As for my favorite part so far, I loved
the arena dungeon and boss.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My favorite part is:
Rolling balls MAN I SURE LOVE TOUCHING BALLS AND THEN I JUST TAKE BOTH HANDS AND I SLAP THEM AROUND WITH FULL POWER WATCHING THEM BOUNCE ALL OVER MMMM BALLS and then shortly after I had a giant orgy with two spirts and 3 ghouls and a bunch crows. Of course this was after I ran my horse up a big long snake.

Dahbomb

What the fuck are these lvl17 enemies doing in the first world dungeon? I am only lvl10 right now.

Time to play this hardcore action style... don't get hit, avoid bad situations and protect your neutral.

DryvBy

What the fuck are these lvl17 enemies doing in the first world dungeon?

Time to play this hardcore action style... don't get hit, avoid bad situations and protect your neutral.

I was really shocked not to see a hardcore trophy/achievement. To me, that's the kind of stuff that should be trophy/achievements!

Seance

Banned
Damn this timed region release bullshit. Fuck. I want this game in me NOW!

Also why hasn't this been moved to community yet?

KorrZ

What the fuck are these lvl17 enemies doing in the first world dungeon? I am only lvl10 right now.

The real Darksiders starts here.

You're in for some real fun coming up soon in there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

o.o/ Damn I guess my exp plus gearset was over kill :lol I was 14 when I got there finally

Also why hasn't this been moved to community yet?
The fuck? Why would this be in community already?

tragic

Developer
Oh thank God.

And VERY intriguing, too! :D

Like I mentioned before, when someone asked about cool stuff/recognition for the people that do the OTs. We totally understand the work/dedication it takes to make an OT.

There's a reason why I messaged you and Die about "what version will you be playing" under the guise of "doing an unofficial poll". SNEAKY TRAG!

carlos

I'm reading some worrying news about the PC port. It is true that vsync does not work?

I assume you just read that Kotaku article....fortunately, quick fixes for the PC version have been mentioned in this thread (It would be nice if we could organize/consolidate those posts while Vigil fixes/patches the issues).

tragic

Developer
Casuals go for achievements.... Hardcores make their own.

One of the reasons we didn't include a Nightmare achievement is because it would have been insanely brutal. I mean, asking people to play the game a THIRD time (because you still need to get level 30 for an achievement) on a mode that doesn't allow you to die and continue... might have been the worst thing ever!

But yah, as Dahbomb mentioned, make your own achievements! Play NM with no shirt on. That will teach them!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Like I mentioned before, when someone asked about cool stuff/recognition for the people that do the OTs. We totally understand the work/dedication it takes to make an OT.

There's a reason why I messaged you and Die about "what version will you be playing" under the guise of "doing an unofficial poll". SNEAKY TRAG!

Okay, now I'm REALLY excited to know what it is!

EDIT: I checked the Leaderboard and nobody has finished Nightmare Mode yet.

Btw Tragic, the top 20 for fastest completion time are all 000:00:00. Could you guys get on that? :(

Seance

Banned
o.o/ Damn I guess my exp plus gearset was over kill :lol I was 14 when I got there finally

The fuck? Why would this be in community already?

K, sorry? :/

What's the performance like on 360? Worth an install? (I only have a 60gig HDD that's already full, will delete another installed game if it makes the game run better).

tragic

Developer
Has anyone beaten the Crucible yet?

A few people have (legitimately) on XBOX that I know of. Haven't checked PS3/PC.

I was the first in the world! YESSSSS!

I think I had an unfair advantage though... so as reparations for my sweet insider tactics... I'm going to do Crucible on NIGHTMARE. MUAHAHAH!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A few people have (legitimately) on XBOX that I know of. Haven't checked PS3/PC.

I was the first in the world! YESSSSS!

I think I had an unfair advantage though... so as reparations for my sweet insider tactics... I'm going to do Crucible on NIGHTMARE. MUAHAHAH!

PC has like a million cheaters on the scoreboards :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I would totally watch a world first Nightmare Crucible run... no backing out. Would be hype as fuck.

It's far from impossible I already know the build Im going to need for it and the stone feeding structure. It's just gonna take 2 playthroughs of stat and bonus skill points though.

Anyone know the what the advantage is to the 'Rock Breaker/Crusher' hammer moves?

I'm getting the timing right on the timed release, but they are doing less damage than a plain ol' charged hammer attack.

Also, the descriptions for the Widowmaker and Riftbreaker moves are the same. How do you differentiate between the two?

tragic

Developer
We should have some FGC commentary for this

I have the ability to mic myself up for it... but I moved a year ago and haven't unpacked all my stuff. Probably be way more interesting if I was talking, though haha.

About to head home. Going to finish up my pseudo-speedrun on PC so I can unlock NM mode. Then... it's time... for NIGHTMAAAAAARE!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Great giveaway you're doing tragic! Awesome to know you're so supportive and psyched about your fans and the game! Wanted to drop by and say the crucible is really really fun but challenging! Thanks for watching the stream.

Prometheus Zero

Neo Member
I'm reading some worrying news about the PC port. It is true that vsync does not work?

Depending on what kind of system you have, the game can run amazingly well. Using the fix I posted on page 90 I am currently running at an unhindered 60fps with no tearing or stutter. This also fixes the loading between menus. Looks glorious on the living room plasma.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have the ability to mic myself up for it... but I moved a year ago and haven't unpacked all my stuff. Probably be way more interesting if I was talking, though haha.

About to head home. Going to finish up my pseudo-speedrun on PC so I can unlock NM mode. Then... it's time... for NIGHTMAAAAAARE!

Oh you are doing nightmare on pc? :D add me on steam later *or I can add you*

Top Bottom