• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Dahbomb

Yeah.

These things are stupid good. I wish I'd tried them out before. 118 fire damage per strike, with a DoT that does 71 every .5 seconds.

Only bad thing is I lose about 10% crit chance. The +150% crit damage makes up for it a bit tho.
Damn that's crazy. I had almost written it off but that's a lot of dps on that. Might give it a whirl when I reach 15.

Einbroch

Banned
Damn that's crazy. I had almost written it off but that's a lot of dps on that. Might give it a whirl when I reach 15.

I use them simply to apply the DoT.

Claw attack x4, spinning scythe attack, claw finisher. Insane damage and keeps the DoT a-rolling.

I'm absolutely blown away by how much people care about detailed combat specs.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but personally I just mash up some combos and enjoy the ride. I'm more into the characters, lore and atmosphere of the game. Combat is just a fun bonus for me.

forrest

formerly nacire
I just realized I need a Death figure, so he can keep my War figure company...

And yeah, the picture is terrible. =P

YBl91.jpg

I'm still salty as fuck over Best Buy not giving me my war figurine when Darksiders launched. It's the only reason I pre-order from them.

LLShC.gif

Dahbomb

How do Resistance and Arcane attributes factor into stats?
Resistances boost your defense against elemental damage.

Not entirely sure what Arcane does but it might power up your Reaper based attacks and maybe your Necromancer skills.

I'm absolutely blown away by how much people care about detailed combat specs.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but personally I just mash up some combos and enjoy the ride. I'm more into the characters, lore and atmosphere of the game. Combat is just a fun bonus for me.
Most of us are thinking way ahead into beating the Crucible. You need solid gear to beat it and its worth knowing which stats do what so that knowledge goes into making the perfect weapons and gear. Some people are even thinking ahead into Nightmare mode.

Some people just want to make the most OP Death on the planet.

tragic

Developer
Anyone know what the Blademaster Talisman do? I just got it and as always... no description on it. I am still waiting on the answer to what the Legacy Talisman does.

Blademaster Talisman unlocks all purchasable combat moves for free (when equipped). I'll check for the other one. Don't remember!

Aeana

It's done that way on purpose actually. Instead of having most drops being amazing and merchant loot being useless, we adjusted it so that you actually have a reason to buy things from vendors. We also gave you uses for the crap loot - feed it to possessed weapons!

When I first started playing retail, I had totally forgotten that vendor loot is actually really good (sometimes). It's random also... but you can get some serious upgrades there!
Honestly, it's silly how you have big extra optional dungeons where the end reward is some random loot that most likely isn't better than anything that you already have. Getting some new thing to feed to a possessed weapon doesn't feel like a good reward for a full dungeon.

Dahbomb

Honestly, it's silly how you have big extra optional dungeons where the end reward is some random loot that most likely isn't better than anything that you already have. Getting some new thing to feed to a possessed weapon doesn't feel like a good reward for a full dungeon.
A lot of dungeons have rewards outside of just random loot. Boatman coins, hidden unique items, stones and a ton of gold/exp. One particular dungeon gave a crap ton of potions. The best rewards come from the elite bosses and rightly so because any dungeon that has enemy levels close to your own is not going to be that hard to begin with.

Aeana

A lot of dungeons have rewards outside of just random loot. Boatman coins, hidden unique items, stones and a ton of gold/exp. One particular dungeon gave a crap ton of potions. The best rewards come from the elite bosses and rightly so because any dungeon that has enemy levels close to your own is not going to be that hard to begin with.
It just seems really weird to me to design a full dungeon and just put a chest with random loot at the end. Literally, I walked into the last room of the Bonedarrow and a chest spawned and I walked out. I don't think boatman coins and such justify a full dungeon, either. I feel like my time was somewhat wasted.

I'm sure this has been asked before, I just don't want to browse all these pages.

Is there a way to upgrade how many health potions I can carry?

And which purchasable combo moves are considered must-haves?

Dahbomb

No real need to upgrade potion quantity as if you run out you can fast travel to a merchant to restock.

Meteor Strike, and the two moves you can do after the evade are top priority IMO. Flip Saw when you get to the 2nd trainer.

You don't get temples like the Lost Temple with SD graphics. Such a great game. In all the ways that Dark Souls was the shadow side of my soul, this game is the light side.

tragic

Developer
Regarding the Flip Saw: one thing I haven't seen people do much of is cancel into Meteor Strike and continue the combo from there. Even more ruthless is following a Hellraiser (which does insane damage).

Launch, X,X, delay, X (Hellraiser), cancel to Flip Saw, cancel into Meteor Strike, land, Just Frame Secondary OR another Launch etc...

Triz

While I had a console lockup when I picked up an item and instantly tried to equip it. It does not take away the awesome this game delivered. It's my favorite game this year and I put 300 hours into diablo 3 lol.

Sober

It seems a bit less be-all, end-all than it was in Darksiders 1, which is good. It was honestly so powerful in the first game that I rarely used anything else.
Probably because flipsaw in DS2 requires more than just holding down X to execute. Still an awesome move.

malfcn

First combat death on some stupid boss that I wasn't attempting right (
Karkinos
). I had 1 hti to go, and he killed me. :(
He is easy as hell too, when you do it right.

ezekial45

Banned
Did anyone else get stuck on the TOS page when first starting up the game on the PS3? I tried to agree on the TOS, but it loads for a bit and does nothing. I've been stuck here for almost 15 minutes. I just want to play the game.

Duffyside

Banned
To be fair, sleeping dogs is apparently really good on PC. I have it sitting on my HHD right now as well. Just waiting to finish ds2 before I start it :p

Between Sleeping Dogs and DSII, and all the great downloadable titles, I wonder if August will be a better month for games than any of the fall ones. I know there are some good games still to come, but August was surprisingly strong, and I think the big hitters like AC, Halo and CoD are franchises that are wearing a little thin.

Duffyside

Banned
Regarding the Flip Saw: one thing I haven't seen people do much of is cancel into Meteor Strike and continue the combo from there. Even more ruthless is following a Hellraiser (which does insane damage).

Launch, X,X, delay, X (Hellraiser), cancel to Flip Saw, cancel into Meteor Strike, land, Just Frame Secondary OR another Launch etc...

Man, I wish I understood canceling.

Man the environments in this game are just completely bananas. Loving the hell out of this so far.

I just wish that Death could move a lot faster at times. He's suppose to be lighter and more agile than War, so why does he move at roughly the same speed?

Even the horse felt too slow too me.

didamangi

So yeah, just found out a bug with the possessed weapon upgrade system on my game.

I can't sacrifice items that is on the 4th column and below if I use my controller (pressing A doesn't bring up the sacrifice option) but if I double click using the mouse, I can sacrifice every item that is on the list.

Daante

Installed d3doverrider yesterday, and FINALLY no more tearing (wasent much before but still noticeable).

Now if i just could manage to get/force AA in this game , tried both CCC and Radeonpro without success :S

DonMigs85

You guys think the season pass is worth it? Thinking about getting it...
Also I still never got Mace Maximus and Van Der Schmash. Are they gonna be sent later?

Top Bottom