• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Gbraga

It's far from impossible I already know the build Im going to need for it and the stone feeding structure. It's just gonna take 2 playthroughs of stat and bonus skill points though.

2 nightmare runs? That doesn't sound that far from impossible lol

I have the ability to mic myself up for it... but I moved a year ago and haven't unpacked all my stuff. Probably be way more interesting if I was talking, though haha.

About to head home. Going to finish up my pseudo-speedrun on PC so I can unlock NM mode. Then... it's time... for NIGHTMAAAAAARE!
It would be so much more awesome with your commentary!

By the way, I know I'm being a pain in the ass about it, but is the combat video still coming out or THQ won't release it since the game is already out?

Nightmare mode should be a cakewalk with Health on Hit, Health on Critical, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. And with Teleport Slash giving you health each time, it's gonna be pretty damn impossible to even die.

Dahbomb

It's far from impossible I already know the build Im going to need for it and the stone feeding structure. It's just gonna take 2 playthroughs of stat and bonus skill points though.
Not impossible but difficult and a test of patience especially with all the bugs running around.

forrest

formerly nacire
Nightmare mode should be a cakewalk with Health on Hit, Health on Critical, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. And with Teleport Slash giving you health each time, it's gonna be pretty damn impossible to even die.

I still have yet to see this stat aside from being a part of the special abilities on unique weapons. Does it become available on NG+?

neoism

Yeah this game definitely has its ups and downs... Love Worlds 2 a lot more. Awesome first dungeon and booses like that a better than those stupid huge mofos... 17 hours played... I think I my just go through the game and not do any side stuff since it doesn't carry over and just play apoc on my second play through and try for 100%... I will definitely have like 100 hours when I do lol. I reallly hope they patch it before I'm get there the second time....

Dahbomb

I still have yet to see this stat aside from being a part of the special abilities on unique weapons. Does it become available on NG+?
Its available on Apoc at least, I had one weapon with it. I also think the Angel of Death has this scythe. Its certainly a rare stat to come across.
But you start from scratch in Nightmare mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Psh nah Im going necro build. I have plus 700 armor for 12 seconds :lol Crows heal a fuck ton of hp each hit, and ghouls are expoding for fuck tons of damage. Fuck taking risk

BY2K

Membero Americo
Health on crit isn't so bad if your crit chance is high enough.

EDIT: NG+ doesn't work with Nightmare Mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Health on crit isn't so bad if your crit chance is high enough.

EDIT: NG+ doesn't work with Nightmare Mode.

Health on crit with claws with at least 30% crit rate = immortal

Edit: Eh you are saying that if I play nightmare mode I cant do a second play through on nightmare? That doesn't sound right at all.

BY2K

Membero Americo
God I hope you can sacrifice legendary weapons to level up Possessed Weapons.

Those Chaos Fang are gonna give a heck of a crit bonus!

Also, Death will appear in the next episode of Metalocalyspe.

ezVey.jpg

Euphor!a

Banned
Anyone have any tips for the
Samael
fight? I can do the first and part of the second phase without taking even a point a of damage, but as soon as he starts laying down those fire traps all over the screen I die almost instantly.

neoism

Understandable! Since I already promised the 3 to twitter... I'll see if I can get a few more keys just for NeoGAF!

tragic you know the deal with amazon pre-orders... will I get a tomb key when they are available..... because I didn't get one...... just got the deadly weapons dlc or whatever it was called.

gabbre

Depending on what kind of system you have, the game can run amazingly well. Using the fix I posted on page 90 I am currently running at an unhindered 60fps with no tearing or stutter. This also fixes the loading between menus. Looks glorious on the living room plasma.
Thanks!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Psh nah Im going necro build. I have plus 700 armor for 12 seconds :lol Crows heal a fuck ton of hp each hit, and ghouls are expoding for fuck tons of damage. Fuck taking risk

I was gonna go Harbringer because melee is always more fun than spellcasting for me but you're making me doubt my decision.

neoism

I have the ability to mic myself up for it... but I moved a year ago and haven't unpacked all my stuff. Probably be way more interesting if I was talking, though haha.

About to head home. Going to finish up my pseudo-speedrun on PC so I can unlock NM mode. Then... it's time... for NIGHTMAAAAAARE!

so whats the fastest time...?

Dahbomb

I don't see why you can't make a hybrid build. I am thinking of respecing myself in the near future and taking up some Necro skills.

I don't see why you can't make a hybrid build. I am thinking of respecing myself in the near future and taking up some Necro skills.

I have a mixed build right now, the only necro skill I have been focusing on has been the undead summoning.

Let me tell you, this is a MUST later on. They distract big enemies like crazy allowing you to hit them from behind for massive damage.

I have a mixed build right now, the only necro skill I have been focusing on has been the undead summoning.

Let me tell you, this is a MUST later on. They distract big enemies like crazy allowing you to hit them from behind for massive damage.

I found them to be pretty weak, even when upgraded. Usually getting one shot by the enemies that I most need to use them on. :(

Dahbomb

I am thinking that skill and the aegis shield... but Aegis Shield is only useful if you get hit which isn't something that should be happening to you if you are good.

Have you guys seen the baseball swing from the Mace? It's do satisfying pulling it off on groups on enemies, especially if you dodge-evade into it. They go flying across the screen - it's funny sometimes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I am thinking that skill and the aegis shield... but Aegis Shield is only useful if you get hit which isn't something that should be happening to you if you are good.

False, it buffs your arcane stat and has a proximity damage effect to it. It's stupidly good if you are going pure necro. The ghoul explosion scales really really well with Arcane.

Hybrid sorta works. But you lose out on some bonuses from stones you could have used for other things

M+M+M = Arcane +5
M+M+P = Arcane Critical Chance +2%
M+M+R = Arcane Critical Damage +10%

P+P+P = Strength +5
P+P+M = Critical Chance +2%
P+P+R = Critical Damage +10%

R+R+R = Resistance +20
R+R+M = Wrath +20
R+R+P = Defense +20

M+R+P = Health +30

As pure necro I'm going plus 5 arcane and 10% crit for my build

Dahbomb

False, it buffs your arcane stat and has a proximity damage effect to it. It's stupidly good if you are going pure necro. The ghoul explosion scales really really well with Arcane.

Hybrid sorta works. But you lose out on some bonuses from stones you could have used for other things
Interesting....

How do you lose out on stone bonuses?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Interesting....

How do you lose out on stone bonuses?

You only get so many you can feed the guy per play through 25 mystic 25 physical 10 resistance and you can only feed him all these a total of 2 times.

But if you want to do a solid hybrid type build you gotta kinda mix and match and keep a balanced growth . If you have a pure build you can go all out with what boost you the highest.

Well that's only if you are mim/maxing like crazy haha.

For hybrid I would stack both of the crit bonus damage boost. 5 each. This leaves you with 15 for both letting you boost your str and arcane up by 25 or crit chance by 10%

actually... that sounds like the best period XD FUCK IT

Anyone know how to do the move where Death throws his scythe forward at the enemy? Not the forward dash + attack version, but when he is standing still and launches it at enemies. I'm level 20, and didn't know this move existed until I saw a video lol.

Anyone know how to do the move where Death throws his scythe forward at the enemy? Not the forward dash + attack version, but when he is standing still and launches it at enemies. I'm level 20, and didn't know this move existed until I saw a video lol.

Nevermind, I'm wrong. Not sure what I was thinking of. Hmm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone know the locations of the first 10 pages for the book Vulgrim is looking for? I got 5/10. Are they all in the Forge Lands?

Yeah they are. There are videos on youtube of all the page locations. I used one to find the last one in forgelands as I didnt want to run in circles for 50 years.

Attack, pause, attack attack attack

or

attack attack, pause, attack attack attack,

or attack, alt attack, attack, attack,

Ridley327

The surprise in Sentinel's Gaze was awesome.

Yo dog, I heard you liked dungeons, so we put a dungeon inside of your dungeon!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There is nothing in the world I want more right now than fanart of Death rolling a Katamari.

I hummed that shit when I played hahaha

I found them to be pretty weak, even when upgraded. Usually getting one shot by the enemies that I most need to use them on. :(
If you don't have a ton of wrath regen or what ever dont use any other skills besides them get as many hits in as you can before they pop and resummon another batch

Top Bottom