• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Mupod

I just beat the deposed king at level 12. Had some possessed claws with all kinds of +crit and 'on crit' bonuses. He still could one shot me with just about everything but aside from that weird mace hitbox it wasn't too bad. Still disheartening to get him to 20% and then die because the mace hit me while I was STANDING BEHIND HIM. It never hits if you dodge late enough though.

Also the gun is awesome. I run with Unstoppable and Harvest, I use both whenever possible and the gun provides tons of wrath regen. Plus it juggles enemies and looks cool. Wish I had more hotkeys on my 360 pad, but I've got death grip/gun/harvest/unstoppable on there now.

Ricker

Yes, you get one waypoint at a time. It brings you back to the same room you left, or close to it. If you have a waypoint in another dungeon, it's erased as the new one is created. You can fast travel freely when you're not in a dungeon without losing that waypoint, of course.

Cool,I will do that...I almost beat the Boss,once I figured what to do, but with 1 potion it was a little hard(playing on normal)but it should go better now with 5 of them hehe...

Derrick01

Banned
I'm absolutely blown away by how much people care about detailed combat specs.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but personally I just mash up some combos and enjoy the ride. I'm more into the characters, lore and atmosphere of the game. Combat is just a fun bonus for me.

Didn't you say you were playing on easy? You don't need to think about combat at all on that. Hell I haven't had to on Normal so I can't imagine how easy the game is on easy.

malfcn

No double-jump?

Also, for Death being so agile there are some cases there the climbing and traversal falls a tiny bit short. You can climb up ledges and hang on to an edge, but Death can't climb up them unless they are a designated climb-up spot. Additionally, why can you only jump off a wall backwards, and not at an sideways? Running up a wall, and vaulting sideways feels natural (spoiled from Assassin's Creed?), and cannot be done.

Naito

Who wants a possessed double scythes lvl24 (no stats)? I have one lvl30, received from clearing the last wave of the Crucible.
They look diablo-ish, dark brown with skulls and horn, orange-lava glowing. I'm on Steam :)

FtHTiny

Who wants a possessed double scythes lvl24 (no stats)? I have one lvl30, received from clearing the last wave of the Crucible.
I'm on Steam :)

About that trading. Everytime i try to send an item to a friend it says: They don´t have a copy of the game. Do they have to be online or why does it not work.

Volcynika

Anyone have any issues sending items to people? At least when I tried to send data to Q and Crooked Rain (PC version), it says they have no save data.

What exactly does the Blade Master Talisman do?

Lets you preform all the moves in the game without having bought them.

So I can't figure this out and I haven't been able to find information on the internet about it. What are the two abilities I'm missing from here?
iimpI.jpg

Is it the Amazon Dust speed increase and the ability to see the Gamestop quest enemies?

Need help in the second zone:
Dead Tree

So pretty much the first quest in the area sends me into the Breach, which is a small section with lots of pressure pads that drop gates. One drops a series of gates that leads to a locked door, which I don't even have a key for. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of time manipulation device to get me through these, but I have no such thing. I also spent an hour killing the Deposed King thinking he would give it to me, but it turns out he was way before my time, since all he gave me was a hammer I won't be able to use for 6 more levels. I really have no idea where to go or what to do at this point.

There's a trail off to the west that leads to some Guilded zone, but that just seems like a dead end - with a door I couldn't interact with.

FtHTiny

Lets you preform all the moves in the game without having bought them.

So I can't figure this out and I haven't been able to find information on the internet about it. What are the two abilities I'm missing from here?
iimpI.jpg

Is it the Amazon Dust speed increase and the ability to see the Gamestop quest enemies?

Hm, yours sounds good. I thought it´s already for the 2 dlc´s in place.

It's odd because both of them sent me items fine. And it's annoying how I have to scroll through allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my friends (including ones without the game) to find them.

Yeah same here. Don´t know how the interface can be so bad.

jett

D-Member
Can someone tell me what are these green lanterns that Death keeps saying "Impossible!" to?

oh btw I managed to unstuck the blue orb after 700 different tries with the "bombs". :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can someone tell me what are these green lanterns that Death keeps saying "Impossible!" to?

oh btw I managed to unstuck the blue orb after 700 different tries with the "bombs". :p

Uhh when I hear green lanterns Im thinking the things used for laser beam puzzles

Something I noticed. If you go do the crucible and get to the crazy shit. The mobs in the world upgrade to them permanently :lol

So uh yeah cause of that Resistance stat > Defense stat

Raxus

Need help in the second zone:
Dead Tree

So pretty much the first quest in the area sends me into the Breach, which is a small section with lots of pressure pads that drop gates. One drops a series of gates that leads to a locked door, which I don't even have a key for. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of time manipulation device to get me through these, but I have no such thing. I also spent an hour killing the Deposed King thinking he would give it to me, but it turns out he was way before my time, since all he gave me was a hammer I won't be able to use for 6 more levels. I really have no idea where to go or what to do at this point.

There's a trail off to the west that leads to some Guilded zone, but that just seems like a dead end - with a door I couldn't interact with.

One of the pressure plates opens a series of gates to cross the gap to the locked door. Press it and QUICKLY cross the gap by wall running. There is an unlocked door to the left.

Chris_C

A few hours in and I'm seriously impressed by the level/environmental design in this game. It looks incredible. I really hope this game sells, I want to see this on the next generation of hardware, between this and the first game, I'm starting to buy into the universe.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
edit: oh lol nm those are health potions haha. :p I guess I just never use them.

What are those arrowheads for btw? The one I have 26 of.

HAHAHA that's a health potion man

Edit: those are to trade to vulgram for godlike shit. Save them for when you are max level.

derwalde

iimpI.jpg

i have the dust speed increase dlc and my menu looks the same, so nope. thoug i cant figure out if the speed bust is active or not?!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is it just me or are stats like health, thorns, resistance, wrath, and -% wrath completely useless?
Uh.... Resistance is super fucking important wrath and -% wrath are a little redundant with wrath on hit though.

and example of how important resistance is.

with 120 reistance a level 17 nightmare stalker's ice roll hits me for about 460 then ticks each 0.5 seconds for 180 damage til I break out

with near 500 resistance It hits for 80 then ticks for 20 dmage :D

Considering respeccing and going necro build now, haha.

haha It's only stupidly broken if you got a wrath on hit item. Also lots of arcane gear and good arcane crit chance :p I got a trinket that gives 23% arcane crit chance :D

My arcane crit damage is at 180% right now too :3

I want to get the reaper energy on crow hits but I need to max out the shields important boost first.

Ghost23

I'm on a side dungeon before the Dreadfort (level 5) and I'm getting my butt kicked. I run out of health potions so fast, and the enemies kick my ass. I'm on hard difficulty.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So what exactly did I get with Gamestop's Death Rides DLC? I entered and downloaded it before popping in the game for the first time, so I'm not sure what exactly it contains.

I don't know, I really like the game, but it is difficult to argue they skimped on a lot of things that should have been obvious. If the reason is either incompetence or that the game had to be rushed, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.

Just because the game is well designed does not mean we should (or even encourage people to) overlook the scuff marks.

Agreed. I've had weird ass glitches where the pause menu stops working. I've had issues where the game just locks up for no damn reason. I've gotten stuck on floor tiles, etc. Makes me wonder how much Q&A was done on this.

malfcn

Game is too big. I played tired and now I am lost. I see places like the Cauldron and forgot what is was all about. :(
What area of the map do you start the game out in?

Mupod

I thought Apocalyptic was just right until I ran into one of the optional bosses. After dying like 30 times I gave up and put it on normal, because I didn't realize he was over twice my level.

in retrospect I really shouldn't have done that, and just waited to come back and kill it later. But that's not my style. Anyways Possessed Weapons are really making Normal too easy for me now.

Derrick01

Banned
Normal too easy?

Yes. The only challenge I've had so far is fighting a side quest enemy that was apparently meant for level 10 people, at least that's what his gear was for (I was level 4 when I beat him).

If you have access to any preorder items or darksiders 1 items I recommend not using them. Let's just say they don't make the game any harder.

Seem so from what I'm reading. Come Tuesday when Euro release and I'm starting on Apocalyptic, despite never playing Darksiders on Apocalyptic. Seems the loot mechanics makes the game easier.

I'm a couple of hours in (euro early delivery :p) and apocalyptic seems just fine so far. Haven't even been close to dying once. Of course this could change later on, I'm only lvl 6.

Is it just me or Dust is useless ? It seems never to understand what I'm looking for and me what he points to...

Also, thanks a bunch to whoever sent me a possessed scythe. I can't use it yet but... soon.

So what exactly did I get with Gamestop's Death Rides DLC? I entered and downloaded it before popping in the game for the first time, so I'm not sure what exactly it contains.

I'd like to know that myself.

All I have found is..

Players who pre-order the game from GAMESTOP will receive the 'Death Rides' pack. Featuring multiple exclusive side-quests, this pack allows the most fearless adventurers to explore more of the Maker's Realm and Dead Plains and earn additional experience and loot. Aid an ancient Construct, battle The Bloodless and retrieve Karn's lost treasure in around two hours of unique game play content.

I did the Karn's treasure quests, I think, but the others I have no what they are.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd like to know that myself.

All I have found is..

Players who pre-order the game from GAMESTOP will receive the 'Death Rides' pack. Featuring multiple exclusive side-quests, this pack allows the most fearless adventurers to explore more of the Maker's Realm and Dead Plains and earn additional experience and loot. Aid an ancient Construct, battle The Bloodless and retrieve Karn's lost treasure in around two hours of unique game play content.

I did the Karn's treasure quests, I think, but the others I have no what they are.

The construct is probably Oran :p

Maffis

Yes. The only challenge I've had so far is fighting a side quest enemy that was apparently meant for level 10 people, at least that's what his gear was for (I was level 4 when I beat him).

If you have access to any preorder items or darksiders 1 items I recommend not using them. Let's just say they don't make the game any harder.

There has only been one fight that was challenging for me so far and that was 2 constructs at the same time. They kept on attacking right after eachother so I never had chance to go in and deal damage before they struck again. Pretty intense fight though.

to clarify, 2 big ones.

Where is the tomb in the forge lands? Just turned in
the first book of the dead chapter and got a key for it.

Totally missed the shattered forge. Came back to the first area and noticed that area on the map. Felt cool to find that and realize I totally missed it.

Top Bottom