• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

This game ends fast (not in hours played), the second "half" feels so rushed. While the dungeons were very good not one was as good as the last dungeon in Darksiders 1, which I feel was so excellent it could be one of the best Zelda dungeons.

This game ends fast (not in hours played), the second "half" feels so rushed. While the dungeons were very good not one was as good as the last dungeon in Darksiders 1, which I feel was so excellent it could be one of the best Zelda dungeons.

That's not good to read. =/

Also, this game has been making me want to play DS1 again just for the dungeons - the dungeons in DS1 were excellent.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Having full dungeons as side quests is probably the most amazing thing about this game to me.

Side-quests being their own reward. Who would have thunk it?

forrest

formerly nacire
Man really wish there was a way to track the stone bites. Just spent an hour looking in some random dungeons and got lucky. I found one. Needing the last couple but not knowing where they may be, is damn near a needle in a haystack with the size of the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question for those who have finished the game. How long (hour-wise) are the last two worlds?

burgerdog

This is hilarious, I'm loving the game but my current task is just silly. X dude tells me to get three dudes, Y dude tells me to bring him three souls before he'll join me. I was kind of hoping one of the souls would have me do three things for it just to keep piling it on.

Goddamn, getting my butt whooped in this optional dungeon (where you're going after
Ghorn
) in the Forgelands. Just died a couple of times attempting an encounter midway through the dungeon, finding it pretty damn tough. I'm playing on Normal difficulty.

Honestly, Normal difficulty feels just right - for normal difficulty, I wouldnt want it to be much tougher. I'm not sure why those that are finding it too easy ever opted for the normal difficulty, maybe they're hardened DMC3/Ninja Gaiden fans. :p

Edit: goddamn, just tried again. I managed to get it down to the last enemy (thanks to a whole bunch of keep-away) only to die when I picked a poor spot to summon some Ghouls.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Quoting myself here: Apparently its a known issue on the THQ forums.

If you have the Crucible DO NOT VISIT IT. Pretty sure its what is causing the bug. Probably going to return my game next week, I didn't pay 60 dollars to beta test.

Fast travel back to the city of the dead and walk through the dungeon back to the boss room. Enter the room that
crow father
was in and, hopefully, he is still there. Interact with him once and hear his "Make haste for the tree" line and simply fast travel back to the tree. Upon walking up to the
crow father
again you should be interupted by the cut scene that should have played before.

Did you try that?

Daante

Played around with different things yesterday, trying to get FXAA to work with D3Doverrider.
My observations is:

- With FXAA injector the game looks the best, but i cant runt it together with D3Doverrider so it has tearing, and it dosent seem to work with Radeonpro and the vsync and tripple buffering offerings it has, so its a no no for me.

- So i run with D3Doverrider and Radeonpro and "enhance application setting" and set FXAA trough there.

Now.. i feel this game even though IT HASENT REACH IT´S FULL POTENIAL ON PC FEELS AND LOOKS LIKE A NEXT GEN GAME!! DAT ART, DAT GRAPHICS (WITH FXAA) , HOLY SHIT!!

If the day comes with a patch where you can set proper AA etc , o-m-f-g

This is hilarious, I'm loving the game but my current task is just silly. X dude tells me to get three dudes, Y dude tells me to bring him three souls before he'll join me. I was kind of hoping one of the souls would have me do three things for it just to keep piling it on.

Like I said a few pages back, 3 is the magic number in this game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Played around with different things yesterday, trying to get FXAA to work with D3Doverrider.
My observations is:

- With FXAA injector the game looks the best, but i cant runt it together with D3Doverrider so it has tearing, and it dosent seem to work with Radeonpro and the vsync and tripple buffering offerings it has, so its a no no for me.

- So i run with D3Doverrider and Radeonpro and "enhance application setting" and set FXAA trough there.

Now.. i feel this game even though IT HASENT REACH IT´S FULL POTENIAL ON PC FEELS AND LOOKS LIKE A NEXT GEN GAME!! DAT ART, DAT GRAPHICS (WITH FXAA) , HOLY SHIT!!

It's a shame Vigil likely won't try to give the game any extra fluff for the Wii U version (if the Wii U is more powerful than the HD Twins, that is.)

Raxus

Unfortunately, the last two worlds combined are probably shorter than either of the first two worlds individually. They're definitely far less fleshed out.

Which is a shame since the last two worlds probably have the best dungeons.

I do not count the shoot em up segment as a dungeon, that was bullshit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know that they're shorter - that's why I wanted some clear times. Wondering if I'll be able to finish the game today.

Does this game really have no graphics options on PC? It's got a high user score on metacritic for consoles, but it's quite low on PC, with most people complaining about what a crappy port it is. I haven't seen much of that kind of talk here on Gaf, though, and I'd have though that's the kind of thing people would soon be up in arms about on here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does this game really have no graphics options on PC? It's got a high user score on metacritic for consoles, but it's quite low on PC, with most people complaining about what a crappy port it is. I haven't seen much of that kind of talk here on Gaf, though, and I'd have though that's the kind of thing people would soon be up in arms about on here.
Obviously you haven't read the first 10+ pages following the unlock on Steam. In my case, I can't even play the game without all the 3rd party software, because the stuttering makes it look like if I had a 10 year old PC.

forrest

formerly nacire

Its hardly a crappy port. While it doesn't have the bells and whistles that a game developed primarily on the pc usually has, it's got what it need and there are various ways to spruce up the IQ on your own.

My observations is:

Under the tweaks tab in RadeonPro set Vsync Control to Always On, check Triple Buffering and then set your refresh rate. Unless you just prefer d3doverrider :D

Its hardly a crappy port. While it doesn't have the bells and whistles that a game developed primarily on the pc usually has, it's got what it need and there are various ways to spruce up the IQ on your own.

Under the tweaks tab in RadeonPro set Vsync Control to Always On, check Triple Buffering and then set your refresh rate. Unless you just prefer d3doverrider :D

Ok, thanks. Radeonpro is AMD right? I assume it's all the same with a Nvidia card? Use the control panel to make those changes? I don't often mess around in there, but it looks like I'll have to.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That doesn't sound too bad then.

Really need to up my weapon game. Still using the legendaries from the Achidna and Bheithir.

Haven't seen a possessed scythe since I entered world 2 :lol

Honestly if you are playing necro you wont be able to replace those scythes unless you get a really strong elemental bonus on something. Even at the point I am now they are my highest dps weapon. Game balance how does it work?

Abylim

I know most frown on exploits, but I stumbled across this on launch night, while sending my buddy some items I didnt need. The PS3 locked up right after I sent him an item. I come back into the game, and its in my mail box, aswell as his.

Send your friend something in mail. After mail is sent, press nothing but PS button. Quit game, load it up, check mail and its there.
As long as you have a friend with the game, you can duplicate anything, forever.

We checked this out today. Seems like there is a limit on how quickly you can send stuff to the same person. I dunno, didnt play around with it much, just enough to verify it works.

FtHTiny

That doesn't sound too bad then.

Really need to up my weapon game. Still using the legendaries from the Achidna and Bheithir.

Haven't seen a possessed scythe since I entered world 2 :lol

equip the dragonheart talisman and you will swim in possesed weapons in no time.

Abylim

I've noticed something else, this is probably been said before, and obvious, but still

Possessed weapons seem to have built tiers, like green-blue-purple style.
If the possessed weapon has no stats, just damage, its a green possessed. If it has 2, its blue, and 3 for purple. Whats also cool, is that they have higher base damage if its purple.
Two possesed Scythes I found, for instance. One Scythe has 113-160 damage, with 1 extra stat. Other is 120-170 damage, with two stats. Same level, no upgrades done.

As I said, probably obvious, and been said, but interesting to me.

Goddamn, getting my butt whooped in this optional dungeon (where you're going after
Ghorn
) in the Forgelands. Just died a couple of times attempting an encounter midway through the dungeon, finding it pretty damn tough. I'm playing on Normal difficulty.

Honestly, Normal difficulty feels just right - for normal difficulty, I wouldnt want it to be much tougher. I'm not sure why those that are finding it too easy ever opted for the normal difficulty, maybe they're hardened DMC3/Ninja Gaiden fans. :p

Edit: goddamn, just tried again. I managed to get it down to the last enemy (thanks to a whole bunch of keep-away) only to die when I picked a poor spot to summon some Ghouls.
I'm in the same place and getting my ass handed to me at most likely the very same encounter. Serves me right as this game has felt a little too easy up til now. I actually ran out of health potions and had to restock, and that's a first - most of the time I forget I even have them.

Not really a complaint though as I've been loving every damn bit of this so far.

Carm

So, I think my game is hosed. I just killed the second optional boss, fire one. Now every time I go into my inventory and leave it, I no longer can move Death. I can't even go back into the inventory. Hitting the Select button now brings up the Start menu instead. Fucking bugs.

Edit: Deleted saves in Documents and Userdata and let it pull from the cloud. It seems to have fixed it.

Unrelated but what's up with putting a level 17 monster dungeon in the first world. Seems completely out of place, I kept dying and couldn't figure out why till I saw the number heh. That stupid timed lava run sucked in there too. Combination of the camera angle and controls just not registering sometimes. Instead of wall running I would just jump straight up the first time. Eneded up having to wait a moment between actions for them to register.

I'm in the same place and getting my ass handed to me at most likely the very same encounter. Serves me right as this game has felt a little too easy up til now. I actually ran out of health potions and had to restock, and that's a first - most of the time I forget I even have them.

Not really a complaint though as I've been loving every damn bit of this so far.
Yeah, it's not a complaint so much, I came away from it with a big smile on my face. Is it the part with the two lava spewing pipes? That's where I am at the moment.

Two more days before I can finally play this bad boy. The weather out here is freaking terrible though, so I am quite glad the game did not release this weekend. 105F with a 50% humidity is no fun at all.

Oliuarius

Neo Member
Hello,

I'm playing it on 360.

The framerates really SUCKS, there's a lot of dips & tearing, specially on the world map. The game is great too, but it's very boring... Welcome in the past (2006).

For the moment DARKSIDERS 1 is better for me (dungeons, map, level design, puzzles...).

in your character stats, you can see how much is your weapon's dps and critical chance and critical damage. I'd like to know if the dps number already factored in critical change and damage or not.

for example, I if I have a weapon with lower dps but much higher critical rate and damage, will that weapon is preferable compared to weapon with higher dps by a little bit, but lower critical chance?

Top Bottom