• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Eh what, possessed items are supposed to be available from the start? I don't see those either, highest possible is purple. What the hell man :( What an extremely annoying bug.

Anyone know what the treasures are for the Soul Arbiter maze levels 6-10?

If 6-9 are just regular chests, I may skip them. This place is terrible, and I want out and done.

Are there any other major treasures I need to go after?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Eh what, possessed items are supposed to be available from the start? I don't see those either, highest possible is purple. What the hell man :( What an extremely annoying bug.

They are available from the start, but they are rare.

You just didn't found one yet. You can't buy them either.

Hindle

Banned
I really like the comic book style cut scenes at the start, they are pretty awesome. So far the story is pretty vauge does it get much better or worse? Something about Corruption and a Cauldron I've heard.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
They are available from the start, but they are rare.

You just didn't found one yet. You can't buy them either.

No, I mean from Vulgrim. Seems that you can buy random possessed weapons from him, but that's not my list in his shop...

aparisi2274

Has anyone completed the side quest for Vulgrim,
to obtain 10 pages from the book of the dead for him?

I want to know if the "tomb" you open over by the Lost Temple is worth raiding....

Arkain

So I just got the EU Xbox360 version, about 2-3 hours in.

Anyone else getting a lot of framedrops and screen tearing? It's not something that bothers me that much usually, but it's really noticeable in this game and it happens all the time. It's kind of ruining the experience for me.

Dahbomb

Soul Arbiter is so fucking cheap!

Surrounds himself in an invincible shield while summons another sub boss type enemy who blocks everything. If you don't have a good Reaper form to take out the sub boss this fight is a fucking nightmare for characters below lvl20.

Also my Wrath potions aren't working... is this a known glitch?

Ridley327

so the 2nd and 3rd boss Thane gies you are kicking my butt. The ice guy I can't do enough damage to before he kills me in 2 hits. BTW I'm lvl 13

You're probably too low of a level to kill
Argul
in a reasonable amount of time, but Teleport Slash is your fried for the big swing, while simple dodging takes care of the other moves. Once he's down to 50% health, he gets a new move that you can avoid by running to one of the corners of the room, but be ready with either Teleport Slash or dodge when you get the tell on what he's about to do after he's done swinging.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has anyone completed the side quest for Vulgrim,
to obtain 10 pages from the book of the dead for him?

I want to know if the "tomb" you open over by the Lost Temple is worth raiding....

The tomb is a mega loot pinata, so it's worth it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Soul Arbiter is so fucking cheap!

Surrounds himself in an invincible shield while summons another sub boss type enemy who blocks everything. If you don't have a good Reaper form to take out the sub boss this fight is a fucking nightmare for characters below lvl20.

Also my Wrath potions aren't working... is this a known glitch?

LOL I just beat him, and yes no reaper form for that last part makes it fucking hard.

aparisi2274

Ok, another question...

This goes out to anyone who has finished the side quest where you have to fight
Ghorn
in the scar.

The last hallway before the boss door, if you look up you'll see a hook point and a treasure chest up there, but I have no idea how to get to it... Do I need to come back later with another item? Is there some secret hallway I am missing to get me up there, so I can swing across to the chest?

Any ideas???

KevinCow

Banned
Seriously, how are you guys getting Vulgrim to sell more than the four items? Does he start at a certain point? Did you do a certain sidequest? Are you visiting a specific location?

I've got Respec, Gilded Box, Jeweled Box, and Ornate Box. That's what I had the first time I encountered him, and that's what I had at the end of the game before I started my NG+.

Elginer

Perhaps this has been brought up and I'm not sure if it is thread worthy but gaf was mentioned in a new interview about Darksiders with Vigil over at Giant Bomb
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-crafting-of-an-apocalypse/4326/

Dalton: Even NeoGAF. NeoGAF is known to tear products apart and stuff like that, but on there we have such a great amount of people that are really picking up the game, defending the game, talking about the game. Just everywhere I go, it’s just such a change from the first one. I definitely think we owe a lot to the word-of-mouth of what people have done out there for us.

IHaveIce

Banned
Seriously, how are you guys getting Vulgrim to sell more than the four items? Does he start at a certain point? Did you do a certain sidequest? Are you visiting a specific location?

I've got Respec, Gilded Box, Jeweled Box, and Ornate Box. That's what I had the first time I encountered him, and that's what I had at the end of the game before I started my NG+.

yeah same here.

And I didn't get my stuff for completing Darksiders 1.

FrigidEh

KevinCow said:

I'd also like to know whether you have to do something or if this is a bug.

MrDaravon

I'm still waiting for solid confirmation, but looking online it seems that for some people he sells Legacy boxes right out of the bat, and then for everyone else he never does. Some people were speculating that it might be tied to a DS1 thing, but there are people who have never played DS1 who have Legacy Boxes available the first time you get to Vulgrim, and other people with NG+ Apocalyptic saves from DS1 and he never sells them.

I'm assuming it's fucked, but I'm just waiting for confirmation. He doesn't sell them to me, if this is indeed a bug I'm shelving the game for now, I'm certainly not starting over and like I posted above I'm not terribly feeling the game anyway.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The game is so freaking good. they've managed to mix Action and RPG element and exploring very well, it's way way better the the original game.

And this better sell well so I can get my sequel(it's way better than the janky open world game that got released at the same time).

gunbo13

Dev said:
Dalton: Even NeoGAF. NeoGAF is known to tear products apart and stuff like that, but on there we have such a great amount of people that are really picking up the game, defending the game, talking about the game. Just everywhere I go, it’s just such a change from the first one. I definitely think we owe a lot to the word-of-mouth of what people have done out there for us.
Looks like I found someone who doesn't read my posts!

Not that I blame him.

Dahbomb

How are you guys not able to buy Legend boxes? That's fucked up if true. Only thing the Boatman coins are good for is rolling those Orange boxes.

Lothars

How are you guys not able to buy Legend boxes? That's fucked up if true. Only thing the Boatman coins are good for is rolling those Orange boxes.
I have no clue but It must be a bug or something since It wasn't until your post talking about them that I even knew they existed.

malfcn

Wow. Now I am pissed off.

"You unlocked the crucible!"
Let's check that out..okay. *Exit*
"Bleep-bloop you completed the Tree!"

I madly try to skip all the scenes and quit. Now I reload and I am standing in front of some character. What the fuck happened.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I madly try to skip all the scenes and quit. Now I reload and I am standing in front of some character. What the fuck happened.

You didnt miss anything the first time. Skipping everything though made you miss it all :D

I just read on another forum that Legacy Boxes are apparently PC only...
LOL what!? best version confirmed XD

Dahbomb

My wrath potions are completely useless now, they don't work at all. Not in dungeon, not during combat and not in town either. This doesn't affect me much and it took the Arbiter fight for me to actually use one of those ever since I got the Lich arm blades. It still a sucky bug.

Legacy boxes are PC only? Lol well that explains it I guess.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My wrath potions are completely useless now, they don't work at all. Not in dungeon, not during combat and not in town either. This doesn't affect me much and it took the Arbiter fight for me to actually use one of those ever since I got the Lich arm blades. It still a sucky bug.

even after a restart? o.o/

malfcn

You didnt miss anything the first time. Skipping everything though made you miss it all :D

LOL what!? best version confirmed XD

Now I have to watch a walkthrough. I warped to the Crucible from Tri-Stone, and when I exited the Tree everything started going. A little annoying.

Ha...same thing happened to me.

I blame the Crucible and the fact it feels like a panicky bit tacked on at the end in order to justify an Season's Pass and Online Key and all the bullshit insanity that goes on with console gaming these days.

Hobohodo

Been through the last few pages and didnt see anything, so don't go getting all shouty if this has been mentioned. Anyway is there a problem with the Death Rides code in the UK? I'm imputing it in the playstation store and getting an 'Invalid/all ready used code' error message. Thing is the game was a sealed copy so it is definetly not used. So yeah do we know anything?

malfcn

So: Was the Gamestop quest a waste?

Quoting myself because I googled around and found Gamestop's redemption page. It says the Death Rides code is redeemable from 8/14/12 to 11/19/12. I know that most XBL codes don't actually expire..but I have never seen them list a date this short.

Nohar

So, I'm playing in Apocalyptic difficulty. Mooks are really easy to deal with, but, mamma mia, what was that ? The (optional) fight against Thane was quite hard (I managed to beat him, despite the fact that he litteraly one-shot me a dozen times), but I just encountered Grimwood (or whatever its name is), and once again this mini-boss one-shot me with ease.

Is it the same on normal difficulty ? I'm beginning to wonder if those fights are very hard on purpose, and that I'm not supposed to do them until later. If not... Well, I guess they weren't joking with the "Apocalyptic" part of this difficulty mode.

Anyhow, I'm in the first true dungeon, the
Cauldron
, and I'm liking the game so far.

So I collected 10 pages of the Book of the Dead and got a key from Vulgrim. It says it unlocks treasure in the "Forgelands Tomb"...where is that, exactly?

Also, calling out a design flaw: I had just opened the route to the Tree of Life in the Forgelands, but wanted to finish up some more quests before I left. I visited the Crucible, and when I teleported back to the Forgelands it plopped me smack down in front of the Tree, my next quest objective. It triggered the cutscene and the transition to the next area, which I didn't particularly want to do yet. Granted, getting back was as easy as using the portal, but it seems like an impractical place to return you to. Why not Tri-Stone, or the place you fast traveled from in the first place?

Haha, yup. I quit the game in the middle of the cutscene, which allowed me to at least reload and watch it from the beginning (I was distracted because I was just expecting another load screen).

Is it possible to beat Thane at the start of the game, when you first encounter him?

I beat him the first time I encountered him - you just can't get hit. The fight ends whether that hit kills you or not. I'm not sure why, maybe you have more leeway at higher levels. You just have to recognize his patterns and chip away at his health. His attacks are really easy to spot, so long as you pay attention. If you want it done fast you can use your hammer's charge attack. If you want it done safely you can just use your scythes.

Top Bottom