• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Raxum

So I'm finally up to my second playthrough after searching for hours for my last collectible and I found something interesting. There's a certain configuration of stones to feed to blackroot that gives you +2% crit chance. I'd already gotten a few weps and armor with +% crit chance and weps with health on crit so I maxed that and now my gauntlets have 81% crit chance with health and wrath on crit and I'm using the NG+ unique scythes(lifebane) that give +300% crit damage with around a 55-60% chance to crit.

Feeling pretty OP so far, most bosses take me under a minute, as do groups of enemies, and that's on apocalyptic NG+. Waiting until at least level 25 to do the Crucible because apparently you don't unlock part of it until then.

Edit: Soul Arbiter's maze
I found nothing but the scythes special, and the level 10 ones was a special from the boss.

Derrick01

Banned
Wait what? You're supposed to unlock Legend Boxes (Possessed Weapons) on NG+!?

WHAT THE HELL!?

I bought 2 of those while I was playing, each one gave me a slightly better weapon than what I had before upgrades.

That's a big part of the reason why I thought loot sucked because 90% of basic loot couldn't top those.

Nohar

Wait what? You're supposed to unlock Legend Boxes (Possessed Weapons) on NG+!?

WHAT THE HELL!?

Beg pardon ? I acquired 2 possessed weapons (Claw and Buckler), and it's my first playthrough. Sure, I play on Apocalyptic difficulty, but I don't think it's a factor here.

Facism

Hey guys, is there a point of no return in the game? I'm at what i believe is the end but there are a few things i want to tie up before i commit.

tragic

Developer
Ha...same thing happened to me.

I blame the Crucible and the fact it feels like a panicky bit tacked on at the end in order to justify an Season's Pass and Online Key and all the bullshit insanity that goes on with console gaming these days.

I can guarantee you that The Crucible was not done for that reason, and was absolutely not tacked on. As I was the one that championed it and did the majority of the scripting, I can make that with statement absolute certainty. Getting The Crucible up and running took months of additional work for 3 primary people involved (myself, another scripter/designer, and the environmental artist). There was also additional help from another designer that helped set up the loot delivery (same guy that did the loot tables for the main game).

It was ABSOLUTELY not done to justify any sort of season pass. In fact, long after we had it up and running, certain (re: very important) people decided it would work well as a season pass incentive.

The decision to create/include The Crucible was entirely based on fan desire (and my own desire) to have a place to just go in and practice combat. It had nothing to do with generating any additional revenue. How it became tied to that, well that isn't a decision I make... but I'm definitely happy with how it turned out! It's for the fans!

RPGCrazied

I really do like this game though, glitch/bugs and tearing aside. But yeah, feels like they just ran out of time I guess. Oh well. I find it much better than the first Darksiders by a mile. Mission accomplished I guess.

Raxum

You're basing this on...

I believe it's based it on the fact that boatman coins carry over to NG+ and the loot you get out of it is based on your level? So saving the boatman coins until level 30 makes sense and it's particularly difficult to get to level 30 without NG+. By that point you should have 200 boatman coins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This
corrupted warden?
fight seems like the worst part ever. When he shoots grinders, the camera likes to spazz out on horseback. You have to have a full clip of bullets to shoot the thing. If you don't, you can't get away from them long enough to reload no matter what, and it gives you no kind of hint on what to do with them once they're in the air. Not even a visual cue

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This
corrupted warden?
fight seems like the worst part ever. When he shoots grinders, the camera likes to spazz out on horseback. You have to have a full clip of bullets to shoot the thing. If you don't, you can't get away from them long enough to reload no matter what, and it gives you no kind of hint on what to do with them once they're in the air. Not even a visual cue

They kind of FLY AT YOU afterwards so it should be pretty damn obvious

I know you guys love the game but if you guys have the chance, or time, take the time to read my review of the game over at RPG Site!

http://www.rpgsite.net/reviews/404-darksiders-ii-review
IGN review was better!

LOL jk awesome well written review

I started the game on apocalyptic the other day. The game is outstanding so far, particularly the combat. It's superb.

I fought Thane as soon as I met him for the first time and after 10 failures and some observation of his move set - I destroyed him. You cannot get hit once by him on that difficulty, including his projectile move - and I don't have the gun yet.

I figured I fought someone out of my league when he gave me the boss side quests. I continue on and end up in a set of ruins on my way to the Forge. I explore and get all of the chests (bar one that I assume needs a form of hook shot) and end up wall running to a vulcrum Page. I figure I have exhausted this place, then I see some deep water. I end up in front of Gorewood. I am level 3, doing fuck all damage. Again, some retries, some profanity, the light bulb moment when I realize his roots can't kill - I destroy him without being hit (except for starting roots) and take a sweet Armor set and his Mace (that I can't use yet). Level 4 now.

Game is badass.

I started the game on apocalyptic the other day. The game is outstanding so far, particularly the combat. It's superb.

I fought Thane as soon as I met him for the first time and after 10 failures and some observation of his move set - I destroyed him. You cannot get hit once by him on that difficulty, including his projectile move - and I don't have the gun yet.

I figured I fought someone out of my league when he gave me the boss side quests. I continue on and end up in a set of ruins on my way to the Forge. I explore and get all of the chests (bar one that I assume needs a form of hook shot) and end up wall running to a vulcrum Page. I figure I have exhausted this place, then I see some deep water. I end up in front of Gorewood. I am level 3, doing fuck all damage. Again, some retries, some profanity, the light bulb moment when I realize his roots can't kill - I destroy him without being hit (except for starting roots) and take a sweet Armor set and his Mace (that I can't use yet). Level 4 now.

Game is badass.

You can't be hit by him once on normal, either. At least not at level 2.

Dahbomb

Level 18.

Just checked my experience before and after a room and I didn't get any at all.
Did you check it in the menu? If you are getting literally 0 exp after completing a room that sounds like a bug. Otherwise you are probably just getting slow exp gain due to high level.

But I haven't been able to do the forward dash + Y : Y at all with the gloves.
Does one even exist here? It does for the heavies but not sure on fast weapons.

Gbraga

Does one even exist here? It does for the heavies but not sure on fast weapons.

Well, so far every one you said with the hammer I've been able to do with the gloves, except for the obvious ones, like the air Y that brings you back to the ground, since the gloves doesn't.

Dahbomb

Well, so far every one you said with the hammer I've been able to do with the gloves, except for the obvious ones, like the air Y that brings you back to the ground, since the gloves doesn't.
I have only found just frames with gloves to work with meteor smash. The claw weapon charge in air brings you down like meteor smash from Ds1 but you can't jf after it.

Doesnt work with Focus back Y or Forward Dash Y either on gloves.

Gbraga

By the way, where are you trying those JFs? The XXXX : Y you can't do in the air, you have to use either enemies or the training pillars with the big dude (I still don't have my game, don't know people's names lol)

Dahbomb

OH....

Yeah I was using it against the air. Will get back on the real training dummy at night although D3 1.04 patch went live...

If I find something new training on the pillars I will make a new video.

One of these days, developers are going to figure out that you can make a fun boss fight without adding 100+ weak enemies to the mix, and it will be glorious.

Just the boss is all we need. The extra stuff adds nothing but annoyance.

Carm

Ok, another question...

This goes out to anyone who has finished the side quest where you have to fight
Ghorn
in the scar.

The last hallway before the boss door, if you look up you'll see a hook point and a treasure chest up there, but I have no idea how to get to it... Do I need to come back later with another item? Is there some secret hallway I am missing to get me up there, so I can swing across to the chest?

Any ideas???

I may have missed someone answering you. If you haven't figured this out yet, go to the middle of the chain and look a the walls. One of them will have a hole in it that you can jump through. It has a place to deathgrip to.

Gbraga

What the hell, I can cancel my chains into Despair and it does damage.

WTF, Horse Cancel? This is no place for a horse!

Raxum

Yeah... anyone?

Maybe some more clarification from the people who are having the problem would help? I'm on PC and I've had the possessed weapon boxes available from the start from Vulgrim. First time I met him, before I had any boatman coins.

If people who aren't seeing the boxes could say which version they're playing, might help us figure it out? Or at least help tragic relay it to Vigil?

Top Bottom