• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

ironcreed

Banned
I am getting a lot of tearing myself...that's definitely the problem. Goona download RadeonPro and see if it helps.

Just played up until that fire dungeon, and this game is awesome. It's just fun, and I can't put it down. In the second screenshot, you can see enemies fighting each other.

50650_screenshots_2012-08-14_00001.jpg

This shot looks straight up boss.

gdt

Sad about the graphical issues. I guess I'm going to have to invest in a 15 foot HDMI cable and one of those gamepad dongle thingies so I can run on PC but play it on my TV.

I'm not having any issues except:

Shadows. The LOD or whatever is slow/too close sometimes, so you'll see the shadows becoming higher quality a feet feet in front of Death.

No AA. But you can fix that of course.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sadly, the tearing isn't gone, even with the afterburner + D3DO. Hope THQ will do something during those 2 days when I'm gone.

RPGCrazied

I hope consoles get a patch, very soon to help with tearing. But it really didn't help for DS1. It still tore. At least it did for me.

I'm not having any tearing issues using in game v-sync and no D3D Overrider or Inspector, though I'll probably fiddle with those when I get home tonight. Everything is buttery smooth without tweaking, though being forced to start the game before fixing my resolution was super annoying. I'm playing with a i5-760 overclocked to 3.5 with a GTX 680. I played for about 2 hours last night and I'm struggling right now.

RPGCrazied

I'm not having any tearing issues using in game v-sync and no D3D Overrider or Inspector, though I'll probably fiddle with those when I get home tonight. Everything is buttery smooth without tweaking, though being forced to start the game before fixing my resolution was super annoying. I'm playing with a i5-760 overclocked to 3.5 with a GTX 680. I played for about 2 hours last night and I'm struggling right now.

Most of the tearing complaints is coming from the console versions. What makes it worse is a dev saying it doesn't tear it all. I just wish he would follow up on that comment.

Derrick01

Banned
I finally got the game to boot with my saved resolution and now I'm getting that stuttering people were talking about (I'm using d3doverrider too), and yeah of course the in game vsync is broken too. It's stuttering almost as much as New Vegas does without mods. Fantastic port.

gdt

I finally got the game to boot with my saved resolution and now I'm getting that stuttering people were talking about (I'm using d3doverrider too), and yeah of course the in game vsync is broken too. It's stuttering almost as much as New Vegas does without mods. Fantastic port.

I'm just ecstatic I'm getting none of these problems. Darksiders I ran godawful for me.

KorrZ

I'm playing on 360 (installed) and it's pretty consistently 30 FPS, dips down a little bit when riding the horse full speed through the open areas, that's it though. As for tearing I haven't seen any yet after 3 hours.

RPGCrazied

I'm playing on 360 (installed) and it's pretty consistently 30 FPS, dips down a little bit when riding the horse full speed through the open areas, that's it though. As for tearing I haven't seen any yet after 3 hours.

Thats another blow to PS3 users. It might run better on the HD, but you can't install it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had no technical hiccups with Darksiders, but I think I'm getting the stuttering with this sequel. It doesn't bother me, though.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm just ecstatic I'm getting none of these problems. Darksiders I ran godawful for me.

Same here. I got lucky as hell with my config last night while I was playing once the resolution finally took. Now I'm worried about loading it up tonight when I get home and it going to shit.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So is the PC version less of a mess this time? The first game ran into a lot of weird performance issues later in the game that drove me crazy. Some of these were clear from the start as well. I used to have to restart the game at points in order to restore fluidity. It was pretty bizarre.

Here's hoping DS2 is smooth as butter.

I agree with about 4+ hours under my belt, playing on the 360 I'm getting 30 fps about 95% of the time. It will dip occasionally but never really in combat situations. I do have it installed to my hard drive if that makes a difference. I love this damn game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is the PC version less of a mess this time? The first game ran into a lot of weird performance issues later in the game that drove me crazy. Some of these were clear from the start as well. I used to have to restart the game at points in order to restore fluidity. It was pretty bizarre.

Here's hoping DS2 is smooth as butter.

It seems about the same to me (mind you, the original ran fine for me), although I haven't seen anybody raise any concerns about broken achievement triggers, so there's that!

Downloading this now. Hopefully I won't have to bust out a Hex editor to set the game to it's proper resolution like I had to with the first game.

Maffis

Game is running super smooth for me without any stuttering or tearing at all. I do have some minor complaints about the shadows being kinda pixelated and the grass lods that pop up in front of you, but I'm so glad it runs flawlessly.

I'm using a gamepad. I've heard people that used keyboard on Darksiders 1 could get random stuttering. Might be the same with DS2.

Derrick01

Banned

I mean it's not unplayable and I seem to be running at a consistent 60 but it is annoying after a while. It's better than the alternative which is turning d3d off and watching the game tear itself apart though. Maybe if they fixed their in game vsync that would solve both my problems.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It seems about the same to me (mind you, the original ran fine for me), although I haven't seen anybody raise any concerns about broken achievement triggers, so there's that!
The problem I had with the first game was simply that, at points, the framerate would randomly appear lower than was being reported. FRAPS would still claim 60 fps but it was clearly not that smooth. Restarting the game would solve it, generally, but it really only started happening later in the game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Isn't there supposed to be a file somewhere in the directory of the game that let's you screw around with the graphic settings?

Not sure where the framerate complaints about the 360 version are coming from. I'm affected greatly by a shitty framerate, and that's not a problem here at all. Not even remotely (4-5 hours into it). Tearing doesn't bother me much, but I'm not seeing it at this point, so it's a non-issue either way. Granted I installed the disc. Playing straight off the disc might prove to be different, but I'm not going to be doing that.

Zeth

Going with the installed 360 version then. Now if it would just stop pouring rain I could make it to Best Buy. Pumped to play this all week.

Top Bottom