• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
DXTory is my go-to solution to eliminate stutter from PC games. You can run it in trial mode, and set the FPS limiter to 60 fps. It eliminated my stutter in New Vegas, Skyrim and Max Payne 3. I noticed a little bit of stutter when moving the right-stick camera last night in DS2, and I'm going to try running DXTory on it tonight... I'm pretty sure it will eliminate it.

http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

Derrick01

Banned
So I managed to beat
Thane
. Not sure if I was supposed to so early since if I took a single hit I'd lose, but he was pretty easy. Only a few heavy moves to easily dodge. Speed > power after all :p

Fun fight though. I like those high stakes matches.

Lombax

Banned
has anyone ran into an issue on steam where the client locks up on "converting existing game installation" ? I can't seem to get this installed on my work machine [I have had no problems in the past with other games].

Volcynika

So I managed to beat
Thane
. Not sure if I was supposed to so early since if I took a single hit I'd lose, but he was pretty easy. Only a few heavy moves to easily dodge. Speed > power after all :p

Fun fight though. I like those high stakes matches.

I got annoyed when
he did the quick three overhead strikes when he had low health. I kept dodging the wrong way accidentally, and if you dodge forward or back from that, you'll get hit.

BearPawB

Banned
I got annoyed when
he did the quick three overhead strikes when he had low health. I kept dodging the wrong way accidentally, and if you dodge forward or back from that, you'll get hit.

Yeah, i got killed to that repeatedly. I found it was much easier when i ONLY did heavy hammer attacks. Hammer charge, dodge, hammer charge, dodge.

Derrick01

Banned
I got annoyed when

Yeah he almost got me because I wasn't expecting that. Thankfully I'm a side dodger more than a front/back one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh I'm sure most of you figured this out already but buy meteor right away it makes dungeon travel way way faster.

Forward roll x2, flip kick, meteor, forward roll x2, ect.

KorrZ

I'm noticing that secondary weapons are much more useful than in Darksiders 1 in general. Against the big slow guys like
Thane
it's just so much quicker then widdling them down with your scythes.

Facism

i don't think this game likes 16:10 resolutions. Edges are smooth but there's this blockiness and smearing over everything. Text and icons look rough. The death model in the options is particularly blocky and smeared, like it's straight from Outcast from years back :p

Carm

Nine business days since I received the tracking number, and my PC CE wasn't at the post office this morning. =(

Guess I have to deal with THQ support if it doesn't show up tomorrow.

The combos that Thane sells are pretty damaging, got all the scythe ones so far. Getting to the last hit is super unsafe though

If only this game had dodge offset

Jeffzomg

Neo Member
Everyone who ordered from THQ: don't use the link they sent for tracking in the email go to UPS and enter the tracking number, it will show you the progress there.

Derrick01

Banned
I think I was just given some bonus gear whether it was from the DS1 achievement scanning or preorder stuff I have no idea. But the weapon I got was like a thousand times better than the starting scythe. It might actually be too powerful for where I am now.

DieH@rd

Banned
I think I was just given some bonus gear whether it was from the DS1 achievement scanning or preorder stuff I have no idea. But the weapon I got was like a thousand times better than the starting scythe. It might actually be too powerful for where I am now.

There is no thing that is "too powerful". :D Use it.

Mikeside

Man, it's gonna be a tough week waiting for this to pop in the UK.

Worst part is that I ordered it from THQ store, so I don't even have a key to use the VPN trick :(

Waaaah!

d00d3n

Any recommendations from the gaf hivemind on how to run the game properly? Nvidia inspector settings? In game settings? I am running on a i5 2500k, 8Gb ram, geforce gtx 580, win 7 64 bit, nvidia beta drivers.

pahamrick

By chance anyone find a good profile for scaling in crossfire? I can't get 60fps with a single 5870 and all the crossfire profiles I've tried have given me 60fps some of the time, but then I still get bad drops down into the 30s which makes the game stutter like mad even with using MSI Afterburner.

If I look the FPS to 30 the mini-map just jerks around and the game stutters every few seconds.

legbone

has anyone received there code for the fletcher's crow hammer you get from buying the guide. the guide gives you a code to enter on the darksiders website. then it says they will email you the code. i would really like to enter this code before i start playing but they haven't sent me the code yet. anyone get theirs?

Derrick01

Banned
There is no thing that is "too powerful". :D Use it.

I am and so far I'm pretty much burning through the weaker standard enemies. Not only is it about twice as strong as the starting set but it basically has a 1 in 5 chance to crit and the crit damage is 300%. With as much as scythes attack since they're a fast weapon that makes it pretty deadly. I think it heals on a hit or crit too.

Dascu

So I spent my first skillpoint on the tornado slash, and second on the ghoul summon, but I can't figure out how to assign the summon command to a key/button. How do you do that again?

legbone

has anyone had issues redeeming the dlc for Argul's tomb on the darksiders site? getting ivalid or already redeemed.

try again. mine worked but they said they would email me the code when they are available, just like the fletcher's hammer that came with the guide. no telling how long they will take though. really wish they would just give codes that are redeemable through xbox live. makes things so much easier. stupid middleman shit.

Coins

Banned
Im trying not to read anything in this thread (spoilers) and I hate reviews from people who review games for a living.

Can someone just tell me if this game is 1) ok, 2) pretty cool, or 3) fucking badass.

Im a huge Joe Mad fan and the trailers make me think me think its going to be fucking badass but I dont want to be fooled.

Top Bottom