• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Mikeside

Im trying not to read anything in this thread (spoilers) and I hate reviews from people who review games for a living.

Can someone just tell me if this game is 1) ok, 2) pretty cool, or 3) fucking badass.

Im a huge Joe Mad fan and the trailers make me think me think its going to be fucking badass but I dont want to be fooled.

Why not just try the free demo on OnLive?

Beat me to it.....lol. Lets see what everyone else gives it. 7.5 is not what I was expecting. Great game.

Audrey has her reasons, but after seeing some games she's given really high scores to, I don't particularly put much stock into anything she says, or any score she gives. But like I said, she has her reasons and you can't fault someone for not liking what you like. My tastes just don't seem to match up with hers that often.

LOL Audrey Drake reviewed it.

Perhaps someone told her it was the newest Zelda. =)

Mupod

Isn't there supposed to be a file somewhere in the directory of the game that let's you screw around with the graphic settings?

You aren't crazy because I definitely read this somewhere myself.

I had no time to do anything but boot up the game and get disappointed that the options were as limited as the first, though.

I'd love some nvidia inspector settings if someone's got them. I guess the values for the first game will work if I want my SGSSAA?

george_us

The graphics, controls, and combat already feel like a major step up from DS1. The controls in general feel MUCH smoother and more responsive than in DS1.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So, looking at the other reviews, IGN just appears harsh, here.

Though I wasn't expecting 8.5 from GT, after listening to how they described the game.

Derrick01

Banned
So, looking at the other reviews, IGN just appears harsh, here.

Though I wasn't expecting 8.5 from GT, after listening to how they described the game.

THQ didn't offer IGN a chance to put one of their staff members in the game so they lost points for that.

-PXG-

1920 x 1080 [8x CSAA]

darksiders22012-08-14omcrq.png

darksiders22012-08-14znem3.png

darksiders22012-08-14p5f51.png

darksiders22012-08-147ueqg.png

darksiders22012-08-14sbev0.png

darksiders22012-08-146jcv8.png

darksiders22012-08-14i6eri.png

darksiders22012-08-1465ffn.png

darksiders22012-08-14yyeu2.png

darksiders22012-08-142yesx.png

darksiders22012-08-149liys.png

darksiders22012-08-14dwisz.png

darksiders22012-08-14o6dq4.png

darksiders22012-08-14zrflk.png

darksiders22012-08-14wrcuf.png

darksiders22012-08-14nri3u.png

darksiders22012-08-14fgdi3.png

darksiders22012-08-1464ij6.png

Derrick01

Banned
How is the PC release? I found Darksiders 1 to be lacking.

There are no options except vsync (which doesn't work, in game at least) and resolution.

Some people including me have a micro stutter effect due to forcing vsync/triple buffering either through the GPU control panel or d3doverrider.

Other than that I'm getting 60 fps constant on my average/slightly above average computer.

Ezio

The girl from IGN that did the review/video review sounded like she knew nothing about the game and played for an hour max. This is one of the reasons I take IGN reviews with a grain of salt.

Riposte

It is not like I'm jumping to defend this game, but Audrey Drake really does have a history of being quite terrible.

There are no options except vsync (which doesn't work, in game at least) and resolution.

Some people including me have a micro stutter effect due to forcing vsync/triple buffering either through the GPU control panel or d3doverrider.

Other than that I'm getting 60 fps constant on my average/slightly above average computer.

Figures. How about the UI end? Much of a console port?

Hiltz

I'm going to have to wait for you guys to play the game and give me your two cents. IGN gives it a 7.5 while GI and Destructoid give it a 9, what the heck ? I usually trust Jim Sterling, but he he's screwed up plenty of times before. IGN's review is quite harsh, but it may be more truthful.

Anyone else having trouble getting the promo weapons for linking your account? I can't access codes for Van Der Schmash & Mace Maximus despite linking my 360 version to THQs site.

-PXG-

It is not like I'm jumping to defend this game, but Audrey Drake really does have a history of being quite terrible.

Figures. How about the UI end? Much of a console port?

Solid, could be better though. Character textures are ugly at times, especially up close in cinematics.

Top Bottom