• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

So the predefined combos are just like the pause combos from DMC? There are not many of them as well? If so, I'm really glad.

It seems like you guys misunderstood me as if I was complaining about the "buying" part of it. I don't have a problem with that, it was the fact that you'll be buying whole combos instead of moves that bothered me.

Yeah that's right. You start off with the pause on first hit combo and you can buy the pause on 2nd and 3rd as well as a pause in the air. You can also get dash attacks and launchers for each weapon too, although there is a universal launcher so you don't really need them

Carm

So, I found out why my CE isn't here yet.

This was posted yesterday(odd time on the forum) in News and Updates on the official forum:
http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138695/29313345/OFFICIAL_UPDATE_%E2%80%93_shopTHQ_Orders__Shipping_Status

Due to an unexpected data processing issue, you may have received a ship notification email last week with inaccurate information, or had a difficult time trying to determine the status of your Darksiders II order. We apologize for the confusion. We want to assure you that we are working with Digital River and the fulfillment providers to deliver your order on or shortly after the August 14th release date as originally promised.

To determine the shipping date for your order, please see the shipping information below. If you have further questions about your order status, you may contact customer support at 866-585-3251. We appreciate your patience, and are working hard to get you playing Darksiders II as soon as possible.

For all orders placed prior to 3:00 p.m. CDT on Monday 8/13, you will receive your game product between Tuesday – Thursday this week.

APO/FPO and PO Box destinations: Orders with APO/FPO or PO boxes as the ship-to destination will ship via USPS 3-Day Priority mail on Monday 8/13.
(US) Economy Postal orders: Domestic Economy Postal orders whose shipment was delayed by the data processing issue have been upgraded to UPS 3-Day Select and will ship on Monday 8/13. Some orders were shipped with incorrect postal routing data and delivery may be delayed. If your order was affected by this issue, a complimentary copy of the game will be shipped to you on Monday 8/13 via UPS 3-Day Select.
UPS Overnight and 2nd-Day orders: All UPS Overnight and UPS 2nd-Day orders will ship on Monday 8/13.
UPS Canadian Economy: All UPS Canadian Economy orders will ship on Monday 8/13.
International Post: Orders with International Post as the shipping method have been upgraded to UPS International delivery and will ship on Monday 8/13.

If you placed your order after 3:00 p.m. CDT on Monday 8/13, your order will be shipped according to the chosen shipping method.

We appreciate your patience, and are working hard to deliver your copy of Darksiders II to you as soon as possible.
Darksiders II Community Manager

-THQSledgehammer

Yay for having to use P.O. Box because your town is so small they don't deliver the mail.

Gbraga

There are 3 that I've seen. One for the air that is a relauncher, and 2 on the ground one for single target one for aoe

Yeah that's right. You start off with the pause on first hit combo and you can buy the pause on 2nd and 3rd as well as a pause in the air. You can also get dash attacks and launchers for each weapon too, although there is a universal launcher so you don't really need them

Oh, that's awesome. It was totally my mistake then, I'm sorry if I was rude.

Man I really hope we get a high res texture pack in the future. The game looks great but it could be better...gonna try to force some AA and Vsync through CCC. But man I love this game (I know I said it before already).

iNvid02

Man I really hope we get a high res texture pack in the future. The game looks great but it could be better...gonna try to force some AA and Vsync through CCC. But man I love this game (I know I said it before already).

no chance of that happening, luckily the game has a great art style imo which makes up for it somewhat. still, its disappointing to see pc ports like this in 2012.

pretty sure the side quest dlc is suppose to come out 30 days later

Right, but you can redeem the code now by going to http://community.darksiders.com/tomb. The issue is this:

"In your copy of the Limited Edition you've received a printed code, please enter that code in the field that reads "Enter Your Printed Code", enter your email address, country and desired platform and hit submit and you will receive your redeemable code."

Is there a code in the printed versions?

DTKT

Quick question.

In the first area, I see a lot of small shards usually placed really high. It's pretty obvious that I can't reach them yet, but I just wanted to make sure.

It seems like a need a gun or something.

no chance of that happening, luckily the game has a great art style imo which makes up for it somewhat. still, its disappointing to see pc ports like this in 2012.

So they just lied to everyone in the past when they mentioned it? Someone linked an article about that earlier in the thead...see if I can find it.

Dahbomb

Gbraga what are you smoking man? You even bought combo strings in Dmc4 for Red Queen. This is nothing new and the move purchase system in Ds2 is very similar to Dmcs, there is nothing to worry about there are free form combos on top of pre-defined combos.

Ign remains a joke. This game is goty quality.

PS3 version is running pretty smooth so far. Haven't noticed any screen tearing, frame rate dips or any other glitches. Maybe later?

Also, dash-canceling into an air combo is sick. The combat is awesome, guys.

Kureizu

I wonder is the Ps3 version has a better framerate than the 360 one. Managed to play like an hour of the xbox version and it's like 26-28fps pretty much all the time.

Could anyone who has bought the PS3 version share some impressions about framerate?

RPGCrazied

PS3 version is running pretty smooth so far. Haven't noticed any screen tearing, frame rate dips or any other glitches. Maybe later?

Odd. Another users in this thread said he saw "slight" tearing. I guess maybe it does matter what kind of TV you are using.

I asked earlier, but does it matter if you have a 60hz LCD from a 240hz LED? Maybe that softens it. I dunno.

aristotle

The amount of people who are paying for free DLC on ebay is staggering. I kinda wish I would do the same things with all the free DLC I have, but I'm just not that needy.

rmanthorp

IGN review is fucking joke. Saying that the boss fights are the best part of the game when most other reviews say that's maybe were the game is lacking.

I don't normally care about their review-vomit, but this is just so dumb.

Gbraga

Gbraga what are you smoking man? You even bought combo strings in Dmc4 for Red Queen. This is nothing new and the move purchase system in Ds2 is very similar to Dmcs, there is nothing to worry about there are free form combos on top of pre-defined combos.

Ign remains a joke. This game is goty quality.

Yes, I was wrong indeed, I was thinking about stuff like Izuna Drop when I read "buy combos", I got too used to "combo" as in the combo videos, didn't think about simple strings also being considered as combos (which they technically are)

george_us

I wonder is the Ps3 version has a better framerate than the 360 one. Managed to play like an hour of the xbox version and it's like 26-28fps pretty much all the time.

Could anyone who has bought the PS3 version share some impressions about framerate?
Honestly the game feels smoother than the PS3 version of DS1. Like I said though, I've only done the first major dungeon.

Gbraga

YESSSS

Please test out if dash cancelling before the last hit of a crossover string, getting the stick back to neutral and hitting the button again is a valid way to keep your combos longer.

Do the combo count still go up if you do so?

I'm playing it via HDMI/1080p, on a 42" LG LCD/60Hz. Still no screen tearing and I just beat the first mini boss.

I've been panning the camera around with the right analog stick just to check. So far so good.

Tokubetsu

What's the most effective/fool proof way to dodge gorewood snare thingy? I keep coming so fucking close to killing it for this chest.

Nvm did it.

RPGCrazied

I'm playing it via HDMI/1080p, on a 42" LG LCD/60Hz. Still no screen tearing and I just beat the first mini boss.

I've been panning the camera around with the right analog stick just to check. So far so good.

Hmmm. Maybe the bigger the tv, the less its noticeable. I have a 23" 1080p monitor. The game only uses 720p though.

Maffis

Quick question.

In the first area, I see a lot of small shards usually placed really high. It's pretty obvious that I can't reach them yet, but I just wanted to make sure.

It seems like a need a gun or something.

very small spoiler but answers your question
yes, before the second dungeon you will get the ability to shoot them with your gun to collect them for a side quest

Top Bottom