• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

RPGCrazied

Alright, so I just played for a while. The game is fantastic, so fun, runs so smooth and the graphics and art style are amazing. I had no idea this had such deep rpg elements (I stayed away from info and videos about the game) so that was an awesome surprise.

Now for performance which is what most people are interested in. I played the game in 720p and it look great and had no screen tearing during the whole beginning of the game. After I got to the first area where you can actually have a look at the open world I started seeing tearing. The tearing only happened when I was looking in the direction of the open world. If I look at a small area in scope I do not see any tearing. I decided that was a good place to switch over to 1080p and see if there was any difference. The results are exactly the same so from what I see, there is no real difference between 720p and 1080p.

Now honestly, the tearing is barely noticeable, you have to be looking for it. I don't know why, but the tearing is different to me in this game. It seems to be more subtle so it isn't as noticeable as in other games. It doesn't bother me at all. Hope the helps.

Thanks for the write up. I'll stick with 1080p then. I'm sure the image will look nicer.

neoism

THQSledge just said on the stream: No config file and no other graphics options. At least that's cleared up.
well at least I know this company LIES to the fans and customers to get them to buy their games... :/ never again THQ.

Megasoum

Banned
It appears that the Steam update is an actual re-download of the game itself. So, it looks like we'll be getting the REAL version of the game!

If the guy is downloading the whole game again then it's not an update, it's the guy's steam that is acting up. Happens all the time that steam will try to re-download a whole game for no apparent reason. That's not an update, that's a fuckup from Steam.

aparisi2274

I'm curious about this as well. I have no idea when/how to get any of the bonus content. Got an e-mail after registering for the Van der Schmash and the Mace - the VdS link gave me a code which I don't know what to do with and the Mace didn't even give me a code. Also, I have the pre-order/LE DLC weapons but they're not in my inventory, so I'm guessing those show up later?

I just got this reply from the Darksiders II community on their site:

You get the items by talking to the blind chick in the first HUB where you meet Thane.
Go through her dialogue options and she will mention War and give you the items, if you have a save file, you get the shoulders, if you beat it and have the trophy for either difficulty you get the scythe.

Bleh this whole not being able to toggle to the overworld map so you can quick travel out of dungeons on the PC is so dumb. I really hope they fix it soon.

Ezio

Can anyone tell me how you get the bonus items based off of the darksiders 1 achievements? I have the achievements but dont see the items anywhere.

Carlisle

Thanks for that.

Do you know how to retrieve any of the pre-order weapons/armor and the stuff from signing up for THQ/FaceBook thing?

In that same area, instead of going left
to the makers
or right
to the blindfolded woman
, go straight ahead to that pedestal thing and check your offline messages. They'll all be in there.

Khezu

well at least I know this company LIES to the fans and customers to get them to buy their games... :/ never again THQ.

Probably won't live long enough for it to even happen again.

Just need to rush Stick of truth out as fast as possible so they can die a peaceful death.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So, no ini files, no in-menu graphical options. Both things the PC version was promised to have.

Screen tearing, which was said to be absent from all versions more than once, is there.

I was lied to, THQ. You lied to me.

neoism

So, no ini files, no in-menu graphical options. Both things the PC version was promised to have.

Screen tearing, which was said to be absent from all versions more than once, is there.

I was lied to, THQ. You lied to me.

that quote in my post a few up that THQSledge guys said no config file or more options on the pc... :/

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yes, the tearing can be fixed. The ini file can be added.

It was my impression though that it would be from day 1.

j-wood

Didn't THQ come out an say the PC version was going to be so much better than DS1 with configuration options and such? I know I read an article a few weeks ago about how THQ had PC gamers come in and test the game out on PCs and were really hyping it up.

So you guys are saying they just basically lied about all of that?

epmode

Didn't THQ come out an say the PC version was going to be so much better than DS1 with configuration options and such? I know I read an article a few weeks ago about how THQ had PC gamers come in and test the game out on PCs and were really hyping it up.

So you guys are saying they just basically lied about all of that?

Maybe you're thinking of Borderlands 2? Then again, I haven't really been following this game.

how do we fix the tearing?

A wonderful program called D3DOverrider.
And since you asked earlier, D3DOverrider lets you add vsync and triple buffering to most modern 3D games.

Enjoying this game.

Aside from the frame-rate(360 version) and messy graphics. When enemies clump together and I'm caught in the middle it just looks like a big blob of whatever.

What is up with all those blue crystal like things I keep seeing everywhere? I keep thing I should be shooting an arrow or using a hookshot on them LOL.

Top Bottom