• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
My Argul's Tomb code still comes up as invalid/in use and I've typed it every way possible. Anyone else experiencing this?

j-wood

I knew I read about how "awesome" this was going to be on PC. I'm on the fence now...

http://icrontic.com/article/darksiders-ii-and-the-triumphant-return-of-pc-gaming

On the question of graphics options, I was told by both Fitzloff and Everett that the PC version will have a fully tweakable config file as well as the standard in-game graphics options for various resolutions, settings, and options. However, if you want to get really deep, the config file will be there.

vaelic

Banned
umm wtf.... I select 1920x1080 resolution in-game, reboot the game and it defaults back to 1280 resolution. YES I can run games in 1920x1080

whats going on?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How do you bump up the PS3 version to 1080p? Mine keeps going to 720.

DonMigs85

Woohoo! Just got my copy. It also came with all the DLC codes.

7785705024_0063d59ed2_c.jpg

neoism

Didn't THQ come out an say the PC version was going to be so much better than DS1 with configuration options and such? I know I read an article a few weeks ago about how THQ had PC gamers come in and test the game out on PCs and were really hyping it up.

So you guys are saying they just basically lied about all of that?

No they LIED straight up and it was confirmed not happening post 90

My Argul's Tomb code still comes up as invalid/in use and I've typed it every way possible. Anyone else experiencing this?

Argul's Tomb isn't available yet. And I assume you're entering it at the company's website, and not into XBL or PSN, where it won't work. When it's available I believe you just enter it in the proper place and they'll provide a code for the platform you're on.

the main hub area, the person who sells talisman/potions gives them to you.

This is correct. The talisman woman had them for me, and the serpent had the Axe from the Facebook page.

CronoShot

This game looks a lot more interesting to me than the first one did. But I'm still not sure if I should play the first one or jump right into the second one.

epmode

Vigil Devs on GAF lied, to be more precise.

Amazing. I was considering a buy, too.

edit: That's not entirely true. I was considering a purchase until I saw the season pass garbage. The lousy port is just reinforcement.

I did like the first game and it ran well on my PC in spite of the lack of options I'll buy this on sale for sure. And at least it's the kind of lousy port that is still a huge improvement over the original platform. DARK SOULS I AM LOOKING AT YOU

I think the RAGE PC Port had more graphical options then this shit, lol

Pretty legit game though, screen-tearing and half-assed PC port aside

aparisi2274

So I am about 90min into the game and so far I am loving it. I haven't had any issues with lags or glitches (playing 360 version) and right now I am playing the section where I am looking for
the fire to return to the cauldron

DonMigs85

How do you bump up the PS3 version to 1080p? Mine keeps going to 720.

Ehh don't do that, PS3 sucks at upscaling and you're not getting any benefit since the game is 720p native anyway. Just let your TV handle the scaling. Generally devs program the games to automatically select the best resolution based on all the checked options.

Fuck. Maybe someone could release an unofficial configuration tool? Well at least I've gotten rid of tearing and added some AA for now.

So I am about 90min into the game and so far I am loving it. I haven't had any issues with lags or glitches (playing 360 version) and right now I am playing the section where I am looking for
the fire to return to the cauldron

On 360, installed, also. No tearing. No noticeable framerate dropping (4-5 hours in). Game is absolutely beautiful.

DTKT

To be honest, Vigil is probably going to get shutdown in a few weeks. Maybe parts of Vigil wanted to release the config file and extra stuff on the PC but with the studio in jeopardy, they can't do it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
To be honest, Vigil is probably going to get shutdown in a few weeks. Maybe parts of Vigil wanted to release the config file and extra stuff on the PC but with the studio in jeopardy, they can't do it.

Let's wait to see how much Darksiders II sold in August before that.

The launch might be a bit of a mess, but I support Vigil, I support Darksiders, I'm sure II is great and I want III.

I don't think it was intentional, but that does not make it acceptable.
Then I guess I don't understand why they don't just provide an unencrypted config file. Is this impossible?

Darksiders 2 forums said:
Sledgehammer said they were 100% commited to patching and fixing all they can on PC, and that they are working on it as we speak.
Well OK then. If they are patching it back in I'm OK with this.

abrack08

I thought mine was the same way. Mine had an O (the letter o) that I thought was 0 (zero), and you have to type the dash in the middle.

Bleh this whole not being able to toggle to the overworld map so you can quick travel out of dungeons on the PC is so dumb. I really hope they fix it soon.

If you are playing with a controller, they messed up the UI. The world map toggle is actually the "left stick" button, not the "A" button as displayed. Weird.

Dahbomb

Patch for the screen tearing?
I don't know how bad it is but I wouldn't really count on it. The PC issues are more severe and require more immediate attention. I really hope they can iron out as many technical issues as they can (console and PC if possible).

epmode

What did randy lie about?

He made an impassioned (blog?) post about how great the Borderlands PC port was when it turned out to be one of the worst around. I wound up pre-ordering the game with that post in mind. The port isn't at the level of Dark Souls or Saint's Row 2, but what is?

Borderlands 2 is looking like a huge improvement in that regard, thankfully.

TentPole

if they told the truth I wouldn't have bought it so yes it was intentional.

That is not exactly what I would call sound logic. But make no mistake, I am as livid about the state of this release as you are.

I really wish I had bought the console version.

Seems more like they made promises early on with what they thought was going to happen and never bothered to update people when it didn't pan out.

Nothing.

Those who purchased on console are currently enjoying a fantastic game.
Well so are those on pc, it's just we've come to expect more from games on this platform. Darksiders II is the most blatant console port in quite a while.

JambiBum

I've put about eight hours into the pc version and besides the slight hangup going into the menus I haven't had a single problem with the game. Although with as often as you go into the menus, the hangups get kind of irritating.

TentPole

I've put about eight hours into the pc version and besides the slight hangup going into the menus I haven't had a single problem with the game. Although with as often as you go into the menus, the hangups get kind of irritating.

Is your targeting reticle accurate. Because mine is way off and I wish there was a way to fix it.

Top Bottom