• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

JambiBum

So far, I've just seen HP on crits and the dash gives you some HP back.

But yeah, I keep running out of potions. I guess that the key is just not to get hit. :p
One of the bonus weapons you can get has a % of health return on hit bonus. Not sure about others

Is there a health regen stat on any of the gear?

I got an axe for some reason (think it might have been for having a DS1 save) that gave me 15% lifesteal which is pretty absurd. There's also health on crit as well as couple moves that return health

I'm not having any trouble keeping my health up on apocalyptic. Just remember to break everything for potions

You mean
You mean Pup? The Maker at the entrance? He's gone when you get out of the dungeon. You will see him again soon.

I meant
the big giant thing that I was putting the gems into. Once I got them all in there he got mad and ran off. Karn said go after it but it just stepped out of the dungeon like it was nothing. Can't recall which direction.

neoism

That is not exactly what I would call sound logic. But make no mistake, I am as livid about the state of this release as you are.

I really wish I had bought the console version.
see that is not an option for me I have every system but I wanted the PC version with config options and FOV changes... if they were honest I would have waited for it or not have gotten it.

Maffis

Sad to hear about all the problem's people have. My game so far has ben nothing but smooth sailing; no problems at all. I do get visual problems if I try to override the graphics on CCC, but the game looks fine on my rig on default settings.

see that is not an option for me I have every system but I wanted the PC version with config options and FOV changes... if they were honest I would have waited for it or not have gotten it.

I know it doesn't help you now, but maybe it was something they thought would be ready for sure for launch but something fell through? I don't think they outright lied just to try to deceive people; they've been really cool in here. Again, I know it doesn't fix what it doesn't have at the moment, but I'm sure there is a reason why it happened.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Argul's Tomb isn't available yet. And I assume you're entering it at the company's website, and not into XBL or PSN, where it won't work. When it's available I believe you just enter it in the proper place and they'll provide a code for the platform you're on.

But they say you can enter it now and they will email you the code once it is available. I've also seen someone in here post that they confirmed theirs worked.

Whatever the reason is, it sure as fuck aint here on PC. Maybe they could have given somebody a head's up before they blew $60 bucks on a shit PC port. You can't even map the buttons, and sometimes those buttons aren't even correct(took me forever to figure out how to get to the damn overworld map, click the LS instead of the A button, what the hell?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Eh I've been playing the game nonstop since launch on pc. I just slapped the FXAA injector in it. Not really getting any screen tearing, not hiccups and everything is smooth. Game looks nice.

I knew what to expect and it's exactly that. So no complaints from me. Call it a shit pc port all you want but it's still far better than the console versions just like part 1.

Whatever the reason is, it sure as fuck aint here on PC. Maybe they could have given somebody a head's up before they blew $60 bucks on a shit PC port. You can't even map the buttons, and sometimes those buttons aren't even correct(took me forever to figure out how to get to the damn overworld map, click the LS instead of the A button, what the hell?
You can map buttons if you use m/kb. You've never been able to remap the pad controls.

KevinCow

Banned
I gotta say, War was way more badass than Death.

A chest? PUNCH THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

A door? KICK THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

Death, on the other hand? Oh, I'll summon my prissy little ghost hands to do my bidding, because I'm not badass enough to punch the shit out of chests like my brother.

To be honest, Vigil is probably going to get shutdown in a few weeks. Maybe parts of Vigil wanted to release the config file and extra stuff on the PC but with the studio in jeopardy, they can't do it.

Vigil is not closing...unless there's some new news

neoism

I know it doesn't help you now, but maybe it was something they thought would be ready for sure for launch but something fell through? I don't think they outright lied just to try to deceive people; they've been really cool in here. Again, I know it doesn't fix what it doesn't have at the moment, but I'm sure there is a reason why it happened.

I hope that's true and its coming ........... we will see.

Twie

If we preordered on Steam we should just get Argul's Tomb DLC when it comes out, right? I don't see a code anywhere to enter on that site...

Syriel

Anyone want to add me on PSN for some loot sharing? Once I drop the Angel of Death set I can give it away.

PSN: A_MagicToaster

I don't believe you can trade away the pre-order gear.

So my adventurous spirit lead me to this friendly guy named
Gorewood
as the first real boss I fought. Results? 42 painful deaths.

That wasnt very fun.

Sidequest. ;)

My Argul's Tomb code still comes up as invalid/in use and I've typed it every way possible. Anyone else experiencing this?

1) You need to redeem it on the THQ site.
2) You won't get the actual AT code until closer to release when the tokens are available.

Is there a health regen stat on any of the gear?

Yes. Quite a useful stat for major fights.

I got an axe for some reason (think it might have been for having a DS1 save) that gave me 15% lifesteal which is pretty absurd. There's also health on crit as well as couple moves that return health

I'm not having any trouble keeping my health up on apocalyptic. Just remember to break everything for potions

I meant
the big giant thing that I was putting the gems into. Once I got them all in there he got mad and ran off. Karn said go after it but it just stepped out of the dungeon like it was nothing. Can't recall which direction.

That is the
next boss fight. You need to head back out to the big meadow in the center of the map and get all SotC on his ass

RPGCrazied

Wait. Does the PS3 version really run natively at 1080p, or just support it? Back of the box. If 720p is in red, then thats not really true 1080p.

Nothing.

Those who purchased on console are currently enjoying a fantastic game.

Yep.

PS3 here with no issues so far.

Wait. Does the PS3 version really run natively at 1080p, or just support it? Back of the box. If 720p is in red, then thats not really true 1080p.

1080p is in red.

056D8EAF-1FDB-49A7-9A00-42F4F72138AA-20307-0000141CEADA4DA0.jpg

I gotta say, War was way more badass than Death.

A chest? PUNCH THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

A door? KICK THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

Death, on the other hand? Oh, I'll summon my prissy little ghost hands to do my bidding, because I'm not badass enough to punch the shit out of chests like my brother.

So far I like war better, I like his voice actor (illidan and others, go figure), his armor and sword look more awesome, and he seems more likeable + ruin is 10x more bad ass. The way he moves it looks like he has a lot of power behind him, he's kind of like a two hand warrior archetype.

Death's humor is kind of wierd, he just likes being a dick but he never laughs or anything. I'm not that far in the game though, only 6 hours. The way he moves reminds me of a monkey, he's kind of like an agile character archetype. Not really into the death/scythe things as much as I am badass runeblades and plate mail.

If we get a sequel I think I'd prefer war over death, but multiple campaigns/switchable characters would be best.

DonMigs85

Sweet. :) Thanks! I shouldn't have to force it then. I have a 1080p monitor, and my PS3 is set at 1080p. Games that use that, automatically start in 1080p.

Ideally all of your display's supported resolutions should be checked then let the game decide which is best to use. For example, in Uncharted 2 and 3's case forcing 1080p made the game look blurrier than native 720p.

fin

Is there a way to force 5.1 surround sound on PC? My amp says all the speakers are on but the game isn't using all of them. I remember having force is on for BF3...

soloscout

Neo Member
Pre ordered this for PS3, for what it's worth for those still on the fence about the game - what is lacking in the graphics department is more than made up for by the art design in my opinion. In terms of gameplay if you're fluent in bayonetta or ninja gaiden combat you won't necessarily be "challenged" throughout the early parts of the game on Normal difficulty, but the combat is fluid and satisfying enough to become addicting. In terms of the story: historically I'm not big on video game stories, but this game has drawn me in, I will say that. The pacing of the story so far has been consistently captivating - no downtime for me to lose interest.

One question for GAF: I preordered my copy from Amazon, but did not get my deadly despair pack code. Did anyone else get theirs already or is that something Amazon will email me later???

If anyone wants to add me for the item trade stuff on xbox 360
my tag is: Chosen predator
I also stream it at twitch.tv/secretcode

But I am loving the game so far I really hope we see strife I think an awesome voice actor for him would be PAUL DOBSON the way he did dr.dooms voice was awesome.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Paul-Dobson/

just listen to how he does Demitri Maximov and imagine strife - pure awesomeness

tragic

Developer
No. Either they are taking a vacay, or running for the border. lol.

Still here! Just been doing livestreams all day for the past 2 days. I'm back in Austin tomorrow at about 9pm cst. Hard to reply to all the posts on my phone, but I havent gone anywhere! I'll see if I can get online tonight.

Twie

How do I turn this crow off?! I'd like him to show up when I need help, but when I know where to go I just want to explore. I don't need this thing telling where to go all the time. :(

I'm playing on the PC with a 360 controller btw.

antitrop

im in same spot. let me know if you figure it out~

I was actually surprised at how good the 5.1 sound was in Darksiders II for me.

Maybe it's just a driver issue for you? I didn't have to do anything, it just worked for me when I started the game.

TentPole

So in the readme in the Darksiders 2 directory it mentions DX 11 support. But I am only able to run it with DX9. Any one have any ideas what this is all about? Also some of my textures are extremly low-res. I cannot imagine that it is intentional.

I am kinda shocked at how much worse this game looks than the first.

Carm

Vigil Devs on GAF lied, to be more precise.

Well.. technically neither hdn or tragic lied on Neogaf about a config file. Unless I missed a post, hdn only mentioned more graphical options, and tragic deftly evaded the question as easily as Death evades a monsters blow.

hdn post
tragic post

Matt "THQSledge" Everett (CM), aka PR goon that will say anything to get you to buy the product
and
Vigil Studios Associate Producer Jay Fitzloff, aka possible PR goon that will say anything to get you to buy the product,
are the two that apparently lied.

Either way, I'm pretty pissed. I don't know if I'm more pissed that I fell for PR or that they lied about it.

antitrop

Well.. technically neither hdn or tragic lied on Neogaf about a config file. Unless I missed a post, hdn only mentioned more graphical options, and tragic deftly evaded the question as easily as Death evades a monsters blow.

hdn post
tragic post

Matt "THQSledge" Everett (CM), aka PR goon that will say anything to get you to buy the product
and
Vigil Studios Associate Producer Jay Fitzloff, aka possible PR goon that will say anything to get you to buy the product,
are the two that apparently lied.

Either way, I'm pretty pissed. I don't know if I'm more pissed that I fell for PR or that they lied about it.
Why would you be pissed at falling for it? Fully customizeable graphics options on the PC are the norm, if he said they were going to be there no reason to think he's wrong.

Turns out he was wrong.

Peterthumpa

Well, I'm also upset that we got no advanced configs as promised, but holy shit, I'm playing this game @ 1080p with 2XSGSAA and it's the most beautiful game I've ever played, I'n not kidding.

The attention to detail, the dungeons, the art design... really, really impressed.

And Death is so much fun to control than War... awesome job.

Are enemies suppose to disappear entirely once you clear a dungeon? I just got the quest to make a talisman and I went to the first dungeon and I couldn't find a single enemy. Any ideas on what to do.

got things worked out on my PC and DAMN it looks gorgeous.

2 questions:

1. can you sprint?

2. can you take screenshots?

1. LB on controller or Alt using keyboard.

2. Press F12.

vaelic

Banned

2 questions:

1. can you sprint?

VaLiancY

Anyone playing without a controller for the PC version? I'm shopping around for the wireless receiver for my 360 controller but I do want to play in the mean time as it ships.

antitrop

2 questions:

1. can you sprint?

If you're using Steam press F12 to take a screenshot. Otherwise, I don't see why PrtScrn wouldn't work as usual.

Anyone playing without a controller for the PC version? I'm shopping around for the wireless receiver for my 360 controller but I do want to play in the mean time as it ships.
I tried it, just wait for your wireless receiver.

Carm

Why would you be pissed at falling for it? Fully customizeable graphics options on the PC are the norm, if he said they were going to be there no reason to think he's wrong.

Turns out he was wrong.

Because I don't know if I'd really consider an assoicate producer as a developer instead of someone that happens to work at one heh aka pr. Originally reading the article I kinda glossed over the title and was just happy a config file was supposedly coming. So, in a way, I saw what I wanted to see.

mjc

Is it just me..or does normal seem a bit easy? I'm only like an hour in so I could restart...but I'm a bit worried that Apocalyptic might be too much of a jump. I suppose I could save it for NG+.

Top Bottom