• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

sephi22

Also the third roll is slower than the first two rolls.

So the roll order is "Roll-Roll-Pause-Roll-Roll-Pause-Roll-Roll..."

Heck, even tragic was doing it in the IGN livestream. He rolled twice, paused, then rolled twice again. I find it funny that they're aware of this but still kept the slow roll in the game.

I guess they did it to prevent people from constantly mashing roll in battles without consequence

Relp. I don't want my DS1 save and trophies to be in vain

It's when you talk to her either after you first meet her or after the first quest she gives you. If if makes you feel any better (assuming it glitched), the items you get are levels 1 and 5 so they won't last you for most of the game anyway.

edit - maybe my memory sucks and the above poster is correct

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also the third roll is slower than the first two rolls.

So the roll order is "Roll-Roll-Pause-Roll-Roll-Pause-Roll-Roll..."

Heck, even tragic was doing it in the IGN livestream. He rolled twice, paused, then rolled twice again. I find it funny that they're aware of this but still kept the slow roll in the game.

I guess they did it to prevent people from constantly mashing roll in battles without consequence

It's faster to roll roll, flip kick, meteor, roll, roll.

It's even faster if you use lock on mode.

Still having trouble getting this thing to run optimally on my gtx 570. Either I have to live with the screen tearing, or turn on vsync and suffer through framerate dips. Blargh...

remz

I don't really know why but seeing a red line on the map indicating a locked door made me giddy.

this game is seriously hitting the spot for me right now. I'm in the first dungeon and loving it.

big_z

What did IGN say? I haven't been following this thread. Or anything on this game. Been on total blackout since E3. Afraid to watch any video reviews for fear of spoilers.

The game reuses some ideas, is overly long and would have been better with some fat trimmed off. Audrey was a good choice to do the review. She's not some freelancer and loves zelda-ish games including the first darksiders. A lot of reviewers will critical path games for reviews where as she is ocd when it comes to collecting and 100 percenting games. It's possible she got burnt out part way through but if she says the game is a bit bloated it probably is.

DonMigs85

The mystic in the first town that gives out potions and talismans gives this. Its a dialog option.

This is being asked on every page. Someone please add it to the OP

Didn't notice any such option. My copy of DS1 is also the same region, wonder if it glitched somehow.

forrest

formerly nacire
I miss the mid air dodge that was in DS1. Maybe you get something similar later on.

I'm having a really shitty bug crop up when I access the inventory/map/etc. then return to the game, the only thing that works on my controller is the right stick and the start button. I have to save/quit/reload to fix it. Totally sucks as I was making room in my inventory for some possessed bucklers when it happened. I couldnt hit B to pick them up :( Had to leave them and quit out. Feels bad man.

Video

Angel of Death armor and Scythes:

120814-1127-22.jpg

120814-1127-13.jpg

120814-1127-07.jpg

Some other random screens I took:

The art style of some of the environments and backdrops are just gorgeous.

Yep. I can tell the frame-rate is going to be a serious pain. It makes it difficult to dodge a lot of attacks. Also death um...dies pretty easily. I just fought some dude who was only a few levels higher than me, but when he was close to death he nailed me with this attack that took me from full to dead before I even got the chance to tell what was going on.

Also the platforming controls are a bit too fluid. Went into this insta-death section and died because Death decided to jump the wrong way. I can't imagine anyone playing this game on hardcore and not breaking a controller and/or a TV in the process.

Plus the camera really sucks. I've given up on the lock-on outside of boss-fights.

Still in most other aspects it's damn good.

Up to the second world.

What's up with all the talk about the ps3 version? Do I need to worry?

I played bayonetta on the ps3 and platinumed it 2 times before the patch so if these are only minor bugs please tell :D

KorrZ

Just got a new item
Death's Grip
and all I can think about is going back through all the side areas to collect the things I couldn't reach before, god I love love love this game.

I played bayonetta on the ps3 and platinumed it 2 times before the patch so if these are only minor bugs please tell :D

Seriously? If you put up with Bayonetta on PS3 then you should have NO worries about Darksiders II on PS3. I've logged in 3 hours so far and it's been running smooth for me, aside from the 2-3 second loads when entering a different area.

SkyandSun

Banned
So am I right in believing there are three initial difficulties: normal, hard and apocalyptic?

I usually play all games on normal the first time which usually feels about right. Should I start on Hard in Darksiders 2 - is 'normal' uncommonly easy?

Secondly, any comments on 360 vs PS3? It's an UE3 game, right?

Salsa

I need to speak to him again to give his voice a listen, but I thought it was the same voice actor at first.

I had a brainfart and typed Vulgrim instead of The Watcher (was watching a vid with Vulgrim just now).

Ive been told that The Watcher appears in the game but maybe ive been misinformed

Seriously? If you put up with Bayonetta on PS3 then you should have NO worries about Darksiders II on PS3. I've logged in 3 hours so far and it's been running smooth for me, aside from the 2-3 second loads when entering a different area.

Good to hear. I wasn't really worried, my pre-order is still intact but it's just that word of mouth travels fast and I really don't want this game to lose sales just because of some minor glitches here and there.

Still hope I can get the game early from my store. ;_;

Daante

The release date have dissapeared from the EU steam store? , cant see it anywhere.

Does this means i can play it tonight without the VPN thing?

I read somewhere that Kotaku was reporting bugs on the PS3 version, but that they didn't test the others.

I'm 3 hours in myself on PS3 and the game runs great. Really minimal screen tearing (90% of which happens when looking at crazy shit/huge areas) and framerate is solid.

REALLY not feeling this so far, it reminds me of kingdoms of amalur. I like the world a lot better than amalur but it has that same "ho-hum" derivative gameplay feel.

I don't know how you fuckers are doing it. Im getting owned in everything but the main questline in apocalyptic. All the side bosses are hard and i cant make it past the crucible wave 3.

Also, Tragic, how do I get the air move that you were doing on stream? The air rave ender where Death spins the scythes vertically downwards and they turn red. Thane didn't teach it.

Also, I might've figured out the "hidden" property of meteor strike.

Pressing the secondary attack button just as you touch the ground after a meteor strike does the just-time version od the secondary charge move instantly. For eg: charging an axe all the way does an attack where Death spins it and smashes it into the ground. However charging it till the charge circle goes away and just releasing it does a different attack that launches the opponent. So if you press R1 in the air for a meteor strike, then press triangle just as you touch the ground, death will instantly do the latter attack.

Also the recovery of the meteor strike is attack and dash cancellable but i dont think thats what tragic was hinting at

I knew my axe could launch dudes! I did that move by accident yesterday and been trying to replicate it ever since.
It's pritty hard to do though you have to be really fast/precise

However i can not replicate the hold till charge circle goes away, he does always the same

Top Bottom