• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

God dammit, my controller just died in the middle of an intense and awesome boss battle. And for some reason it's refusing to charge while plugged in.

You can press d-pad down to bring up the radial menu and pause the action, then select the attack you want to do and press X or A. It slows down the combat a bit, but I find it easier than trying to juggle both shoulder buttons. I stick with gear switching and the spinning area of effect attack on the shortcuts.

I feel like the whole LB to bring up menus would work much better on a ps3 controller than a 360 one :/

edit: apparently not lol

Mupod

Is nobody else getting this bug on PC where you get stuck after exiting the map screen? I just see a big blank nothing and I can't do anything except alt-F4. It's rapidly ruining the game for me considering it's happened 3 times in the last 15 minutes. All I want to do is look at the map...

gdt

Its a bit uncomfortable, but I'm only locking on when its 1 on 1 anyway. If not, I just let go of the lock on, use the spell, then lock back on if I want to.

forrest

formerly nacire
Weird... I've seen other people talking about the same issue so I'm not alone. The crosshair is often a bit off to where the gun or
The stone dude....thing's arm goes

Like I said, nothing gamebreaking but it's just annoying. The healthbars over the target's head when I hold Left Trigger is often missplaced too.

Yeah I have to aim the crosshair up and to the left for it to be on target.

Is nobody else getting this bug on PC where you get stuck after exiting the map screen? I just see a big blank nothing and I can't do anything except alt-F4. It's rapidly ruining the game for me considering it's happened 3 times in the last 15 minutes. All I want to do is look at the map...

I was having an issue of exiting the menu and my controls would quite working. Turns out I had installed a few windows updates earlier and forgot to restart. Once I did that it went away. No clue if that relates at all to your problem sorry.

gdt

The game hangs for me there for a bit. Like 5 seconds or so. It also hangs when I exit out of a Vulgrim conversation.

yup had that too, i fixed it with going to nvidia control panel, going to manage 3d settings, adding darksiders 2 to the list of programs and making sure power management mode was set to "Prefer Maximum Performance". Seems to have fixed it

forrest

formerly nacire
Lol locking with l2 then using l1 in combination with face buttons for extra skills? How incompetent..:s

It's really not that bad and you can always use your middle finger for L2 if it's really an issue for you. I do wish there was a lock on "toggle" option though.

Dahbomb

There IS a lock on toggle on PC version.

While I am not playing on the controller, I am one of those weird people who uses triggers with the middle fingers and shoulder buttons with the index. I used to think other people were doing it wrong..... then I saw that the majority of players play their games like that especially shooter games. I guess this is the result of me gaming so much on the ps2..

Megasoum

Banned
Do I have to play the first game, or the story is somewhat unrelated ?

Nah not really (but it's still a great game).

And I still shake my head every time I open the inventory screen.... That super low res 1998 version of Death they got in there is just stupid lol.

burgerdog

Man, the aiming cursor in the PC version is so LOL. You have to aim just to the left or just above everything

Yeah, gets me every time. It's not something that they could have missed so I wonder why they left it that way.

And I still shake my head every time I open the inventory screen.... That super low res 1998 version of Death they got in there is just stupid lol.

Would to leave hear the reasoning behind this, too.

Megasoum

Banned
The art design is so fucking amazing in that game... Just entered
The foundry
and I'm getting huge Ironforge/Blackrock Mountain flashbacks.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys. Seriously. Guys! This game.

So awesome!

Haha, glad to see you finally got your copy.

Btw guys I have a question. It's a bit OT but since there's a lot of spoiler tagging going on in this thread it's been bugging me. Is there a reason why there's no spoiler tag button in the text editor (similar to the URL or Quote buttons). It's annoying to have to manually type the tags each time. And I'm surprised that there's no chrome addon for that...maybe it's time I finally look into making my own chrome addon lol.

Bruiserk

I am really enjoying this game so far. This feels so much better than the first one.

- the music
- sense of scale
- Death's voice
- the music

All are awesome.

I have to say though, I think I enjoyed the first environment more than the second one. I just moved to the third environment,
lostlight, and was promptly teleported to Earth.

forrest

formerly nacire

While I am not playing on the controller, I am one of those weird people who uses triggers with the middle fingers and shoulder buttons with the index. I used to think other people were doing it wrong..... then I saw that the majority of players play their games like that especially shooter games. I guess this is the result of me gaming so much on the ps2..

Holy shit, really? Never saw it.

You know I'm really curious why they omitted the use of R2 while traversing to increase your speed. It worked great in the first one and if Death is supposed to be more agile than War, then it's a no brainer. As is, feels odd.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
okay, just played my first six hours, and completed
the Drenchfort
. Game is certainly enjoyable and playable with m/k, although lack of graphical options is truly bollocks. I'm not too enthusiastic though; while combat is solid enough, puzzles are LOLworthy and bosses are laughably easy, tactically speaking. World is massive but not much stimulating

all in all, I'd agree with the 7.5 given by IGN

This game really has four worlds.

Four worlds.

Feels like I've been in the first world/area for ages now. So many things that I can't reach that continue to taunt me. Is there no double-jump?!

Where in the menus is that? I don't see it.

Does anybody remember where the Bone Vault in the second land,
Kingdom of the Dead
, is? I found all the pages I need but haven't had much luck finding the place. I know I saw it earlier.

the Drenchfort
. Game is certainly enjoyable and playable with m/k, although lack of graphical options is truly bollocks. I'm not too enthusiastic though; while combat is solid enough, puzzles are LOLworthy and bosses are laughably easy, tactically speaking. World is massive but not much stimulating

I'm in the same boat. Just finished it (20 hours~).

The IGN review sums up the game rather perfectly, specifically the blurb from MC:

IGN said:
The thing is, if you're going to so blatantly derive material from such well-known properties, you better nail it. While Darksiders II provides a lengthy and entertaining experience for action adventure fans to sink their teeth into, in the end it never comes close to reaching the heights of the various franchises it so freely borrows from.

Is there no double-jump?!

Nope.

Dahbomb

Where in the menus is that? I don't see it.

Does anybody remember where the Bone Vault in the second land,
Kingdom of the Dead
, is? I found all the pages I need but haven't had much luck finding the place. I know I saw it earlier.
Press O for the menu, go to the controls and just check the key for toggle lock on.

BY2K

Membero Americo
the Drenchfort

So you're saying that after 6 hours and 2 dungeons, not even close to half of the game, you can state a solid opinion on the game?

You might want to do at least the main questline before giving a final opinion, don't you think?

aparisi2274

Hey So I have a QQ..

I am still early on in the game, and I am working on restoring
Tri-Stone
area and in the area, is that
serpent tome, and when you access it, you can get offline gifts, and then it says Xbox LIVE inbox, which I assume I can send or receive gifts from someone on XBL, but every time I try to access it, it says I have to change my family settings, and I checked my XBL settings and they are currently OFF.
Any ideas???

Gambit61

K1fBv.jpg

Noticed another weird PC bug with the game yesterday. I wanted to play a bit on my TV but the HUD gets all cramped when I play on the native resolution (1360x768). The HUD looks fine at 720p though.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Lol locking with l2 then using l1 in combination with face buttons for extra skills? How incompetent..:s

I know so convoluted. Should've been RB/R1, and dodge should've been placed to A/X so you can only roll once locked in.

Anyone else sacrificing second-hand talismans to upgrade their possessed scythes?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Btw, the game is buggy.

Here I am, on my way to The Cauldron, and here's Karn, fighting baddies. I join him, we kill'em all. At this point, a cutscene is supposed to trigger, but after killing the last enemy, I find myself just standing there, Karn not doing anything, unable to talk to him, had to reload to the last checkpoint.

And that was just over an hour into the game.

Khezu

I'm playing kinda weird.

Mostly using ghouls to distract and using the gun and the ranged attack with the arm blades and trying to avoid melee as much as possible. I wonder how far I can get doing this.

So you're saying that after 6 hours and 2 dungeons, not even close to half of the game, you can state a solid opinion on the game?

You might want to do at least the main questline before giving a final opinion, don't you think?

Sounds like he reviews games like IGN does...

Syriel

Alright so I just got to
Earth
pretty fucking lame having to play it as a
shooter

So don't. You can play that section without any of the
new guns
. If anything, you'll just need to pick them up to
shoot some of the trapped angels and perhaps the three staff pieces, but those things are *everywhere* so play as normal and snag one of the guns right when you need it

Zeth

Btw, the game is buggy.

Here I am, on my way to The Cauldron, and here's Karn, fighting baddies. I join him, we kill'em all. At this point, a cutscene is supposed to trigger, but after killing the last enemy, I find myself just standing there, Karn not doing anything, unable to talk to him, had to reload to the last checkpoint.

And that was just over an hour into the game.

I've had to reload twice due to two similar bugs. (360) I had a boss phase cutscene fail to trigger (which broke the encounter) and another dungeon cutscene failed.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

was expecting this reply, you're probably right. Wasn't meant to be a final opinion but yeah , shouldn't have put a vote

Drewfonse

Has anyone actually finished the game on Apocalyptic? People are saying Normal is too easy.

Is there a big diificulty spike at any point? I will be starting the game tomorrow, and I really don't want to change the difficulty once I start. I'm vacillating between Normal and Hard. I'm pretty good at 3rd person action/adventure games.

BY2K

Membero Americo
was expecting this reply, you're probably right. Wasn't meant to be a final opinion but yeah , shouldn't have put a vote

I'm not telling you not to give your opinion, just give the game a little more time. (Literally.)

I mean, it DOES have issues.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Can't believe they didn't put in a sprint button. Your damn horse has a sprint button. :(

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the game. I like War as a character more than Death though.

Top Bottom