• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Dahbomb

Has anyone actually finished the game on Apocalyptic? People are saying Normal is too easy.

Is there a big diificulty spike at any point? I will be starting the game tomorrow, and I really don't want to change the difficulty once I start. I'm vacillating between Normal and Hard. I'm pretty good at 3rd person action/adventure games.
If you are good at 3rd person games then definitely go with Apoc.

Einbroch

Banned
Has anyone actually finished the game on Apocalyptic? People are saying Normal is too easy.

Is there a big diificulty spike at any point? I will be starting the game tomorrow, and I really don't want to change the difficulty once I start. I'm vacillating between Normal and Hard. I'm pretty good at 3rd person action/adventure games.

Apocalyptic is ZzZzZz easy. Only hard fights are fights you are vastly underleveled for.

Necromancy tree doesn't look like it'll be any good until really late. The shield requires way too much investment to make it useful and crows don't last very long

ironcreed

Banned
See, I just thought they were canceling the original, but man that's is one hell of a way to make it up to people. I mean, they know I'm just going to try and sell the other for as much as possible to get some other games, right?

Still would rather have had one copy on release day though. This is literally the only game for the rest of the year I wanted absolutely day one. I actually set time aside for it all week and everything.

Sorry to bring the thread down with my whining, guys (this apology only lasts until 24 hours from now, at which point, if a UPS guy hasn't brought me a copy yet, I am going to stain GAF permanently with my tears).

I hear you, man. This is not my most anticipated game of the year, but it's one I considered a must own and damn sure was ready to dig in on day one. At any rate, hopefully all goes well and we both get our copies tomorrow and then the other copy later. Now I know why so many people say that Digital River is awful.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm not telling you not to give your opinion, just give the game a little more time. (Literally.)

I mean, it DOES have issues.

I wasn't thinking that. I realize my post sounds like a final opinion with the vote and such. I shouldn't have put it. You were correct :)

Skilletor

Yo...why am I sometimes doing zero damage to these stalkers. I'm fighting them doing fine, then they start to run away, they regen life, and I do no damage?

It's getting SUPER frustrating because when they hit me, they hit hard.

Duffyside

Banned
Anyone in the Digital River Support Group get an email detailing their now-UPS (only one 's') tracking info? I'd like to know if I should even bother waiting around tomorrow...

ironcreed

Banned
Anyone in the Digital River Support Group get an email detailing their now-UPS (only one 's') tracking info? I'd like to know if I should even bother waiting around tomorrow...

Nope, I just took my order number and put it in the reference field and it brought my tracking up. That is how most have found out.

http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PriNav

It's astounding how they did not even bother to email those of us affected to let us know that the shipping method has changed and provide new tracking info. Utter incompetence, but a free copy will be a nice gesture.

Khezu

Yo...why am I sometimes doing zero damage to these stalkers. I'm fighting them doing fine, then they start to run away, they regen life, and I do no damage?

It's getting SUPER frustrating because when they hit me, they hit hard.

I think there leashing, did they chase you a long distance?

chessnut

Can someone link me to a site that explains what the all the attributes and special abilities do on armor and weapons? I can't seem to find it...

Quick early sidequest question:
I need to collect a stalkers bone for a recipe, the game says to go to the cauldron. I can't find any stalkers in the cauldron. (Already beat the first one you meet.) Any ideas?
Also, when is the best time to take on Thane?

I need to collect a stalkers bone for a recipe, the game says to go to the cauldron. I can't find any stalkers in the cauldron. (Already beat the first one you meet.) Any ideas?

I beat him at level 2. So... whenever is good, really.

Dahbomb

If it's the stalker that was fighting the other enemies then he should've dropped the Bone. That's where I got it from.

I beat Thane as soon as I got the chance to fight him. I got one shotted by every one of his moves but his attacks are extremely telegraphed and easy to dodge. Hammer helps a ton in dishing out damage and keeps him in hit stun for a string even.

If it's the stalker that was fighting the other enemies then he should've dropped the Bone. That's where I got it from.

I beat Thane as soon as I got the chance to fight him. I got one shotted by every one of his moves but his attacks are extremely telegraphed and easy to dodge. Hammer helps a ton in dishing out damage and keeps him in hit stun for a string even.

Yep.

Dodge, do a fully charge hammer attack on him, dodge, charge hammer attack, repeat.

By way of comparison with audio clips on Amazon, the following track order is correct:

As for names, I got no idea. The audio is identical, but some of the names do differ between here and Amazon.

Track titles are blanked due to potential location spoilers.

There is a track missing from each disc if going by numerical order. I matched them up and disc 1 would be missing a 13th track and disc 2 would be missing I think 2. Not at my of right now.

ironcreed

Banned
Wait. Who gets second copies? I just got one today.

People who pre-ordered before the 13th, chose standard free shipping and were affected by the data error with the USPS that caused us to get screwed up tracking and no delivery of our game. They sent the complimentary copies out on Monday via UPS and said that we will still receive our original copies as well.

aparisi2274

I am currently level 5 and I saved right near Thane...

So you get anything for beating him?

Carm

Yea, I wouldn't expect extra copies. They can't even get linking game to website for dlc right. Linking your account has been down most of the day. I still haven't started the game because I was waiting for that. Now even the PC preorder weapons are an issue. They are now saying to email Steam support to get the preorder weapons. Four days or more of waiting, just to have Steam support direct you back to THQ support.

ironcreed

Banned
Yea, I wouldn't expect extra copies. They can't even get linking game to website for dlc right. Linking your account has been down most of the day. I still haven't started the game because I was waiting for that. Now even the PC preorder weapons are an issue. They are now saying to email Steam support to get the preorder weapons. Four days or more of waiting, just to have Steam support direct you back to THQ support.

Well, they made the statement, so I am holding them to it. But in all honesty, I just want the one copy I paid for, which is due tomorrow according UPS tracking that I would not even have known about were it not for someone over on the official forums. They did not even bother to email those of us affected with new tracking.

Skilletor

I think there leashing, did they chase you a long distance?

No. I'm just standing around fighting and they'll turn around, instantly regen their health, and then when I chase them, start fighting again (but from full health). There must be some invisible boundary I'm crossing, even though I'm not moving very far.

I was really hyped for this game till yesterday. I hadnt finished Darksiders 1, so I spent the last 3 days finishing it off. Once I hit the part where I had too free
Azriel
and spend like 4 hours doing those (imo) incredibly tedious/mundane portal puzzles, it really put me off not only wanting to finish Darksiders 1, but also not bother with #2.

I ended up finishing #1 last night and as much as I loved the story and combat, the last 6 hours or so really wore me out.

I still have a few hours to decide. I just hope like hell the sequel doesnt have any more of the same long ass tedious puzzling like that. Can anyone confirm whether or not portal puzzling is out?

No. I'm just standing around fighting and they'll turn around, instantly regen their health, and then when I chase them, start fighting again (but from full health). There must be some invisible boundary I'm crossing, even though I'm not moving very far.

Sounds like an encounter or two I had where the little guys wouldn't go away until I finally finished off the big enemy they were grouped with. Possibly different than what you're talking about.

Carm

Well, they made the statement, so I am holding them to it. But in all honesty, I just want the one copy I paid for, which is due tomorrow according UPS tracking that I would not even have known about were it not for someone over on the official forums. They did not even bother to email those of us affected with new tracking.

Mine came today, it was supposed to be USPS priority because it's a P.O. Box but it came UPS, found that odd.

malfcn

People who pre-ordered before the 13th, chose standard free shipping and were affected by the data error with the USPS that caused us to get screwed up tracking and no delivery of our game. They sent the complimentary copies out on Monday via UPS and said that we will still receive our original copies as well.

How do I find out if I am one? I got the game today, but none of the tracking ever worked.

Portal puzzling is still in. However, there is nothing like Black Throne in DS2.

What level do you think we can we expect to finish the game at?

Or more specifically, is it possible to completely fill out one side of the progression table in one playthrough?

ironcreed

Banned
How do I find out if I am one? I got the game today, but none of the tracking ever worked.

Did you order before the 13th and did you choose standard free USPS shipping? If you did and ended up getting a copy delivered by UPS then you are one of us who were affected and should be getting another copy.

tragic

Developer
What level do you think we can we expect to finish the game at?

Or more specifically, is it possible to completely fill out one side of the progression table in one playthrough?

Hrm, well I believe MAX level you can finish your first play is 22. As for absolute minimum... I'm not sure! I'm about to do a speedrun on EASY (on PC) to unlock Nightmare Mode for stream tomorrow... so I'll let you know. =)

As for maxing out one side, no. But, you will eventually be able to.

I was really hyped for this game till yesterday. I hadnt finished Darksiders 1, so I spent the last 3 days finishing it off. Once I hit the part where I had too free
Azriel
and spend like 4 hours doing those (imo) incredibly tedious/mundane portal puzzles, it really put me off not only wanting to finish Darksiders 1, but also not bother with #2.

I ended up finishing #1 last night and as much as I loved the story and combat, the last 6 hours or so really wore me out.

I still have a few hours to decide. I just hope like hell the sequel doesnt have any more of the same long ass tedious puzzling like that. Can anyone confirm whether or not portal puzzling is out?

I just unlocked the void walker (If you think this is spoilers GTFO there are doors for that thing in the first zone) and so far none of the puzzles with it have seemed too boring. Its seems to be more about placing your self in multiple places at one time. Nothing has been as finicky as the Black Throne stuff.

I just hit wave 40 of the crucible. The stuff the game throws at you from wave 20-25 is absurd. It consist of almost exclusively of mini-bosses and the most powerful large enemies from the first world. I would also just like to say I fucking hate the stalker class enemy. They are the only reason I had to quit when I did.

I was wondering if any of the devs could clarify what exactly the Talisman you get from the Death Tombs do? I have two of them and their description aren't really clear on their effects.

malfcn

Did you order before the 13th and did you choose standard free USPS shipping? If you did and ended up getting a copy delivered by UPS then you are one of us who were affected and should be getting another copy.

Ordered before the 13th and see a UPS label on the package. Now I wish I would have gone for a Collector's. Maybe I can hook up a buddy if it actually comes.

Just saw on FB

Darksiders II Update: Darksiders II In-game account linking is currently down. We are working on resolving this and should have this back online shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

JohngPR

Those using the FXAA injector...anyway to get the FXAA injector and D3DOverrider to work in together?

As it is, D3DOverrider stops working when I add the injector into DSII's folder.

vaelic

Banned
SLEDGE RESPONDS TO PC ISSUES

During the Community Summit both Jay Fitzloff and I (Mathew Everett) were under the impression that full .config files and final keyboard/mouse and controller hookups were going to work as promised when the PC version of the game launched. That was the plan at the time from a specifications perspective.

Unfortunately, especially at the end of the development cycle, sometimes things change at the last minute, and this was one of them. This puts us in an uncomfortable spot as we were acting on the best information we had at the time, and it has turned out not to be in the final game (at this point).

Since it was always the intention to implement these features, as I type this, the development team is checking to see what items can get added into the game. While I can’t promise what can be done, I can promise we are working with the proper teams and have expressed the importance of including them in a patch.

For attendees of the community event who reported the information that everyone thought was true at the time: our apologies. We did not mean to put you in a position of putting facts out there that would prove to be inaccurate: you are our partners (and our friends). Please link this post to your sites so that your fans know the error was not intentional on anyone’s part and we are doing everything we can to address it. We will circle back when we have more information. And, once again, our sincerest apologies to both attendees to the Community Summit, and their fanbase for the mistake on our part.

Darksiders II Community Manager

-THQSledgehammer

http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29316789/?sdb=1&post_num=36#

jfoul

Well.... I got my original copy of the game last Friday, and received another copy today. Wish I would have known before my brother put his Pre-Order in on the 11th.

Top Bottom