• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Sober

When they said the first area was 10 hours long, they mean with sidequests and all right? I beat the first real boss and got to the Tree of Life but my timers only say 6-7 hours.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
When they said the first area was 10 hours long, they mean with sidequests and all right? I beat the first real boss and got to the Tree of Life but my timers only say 6-7 hours.

With side quest and taking the time to find everything yes, depends on what difficultly you are playing on as well. I could prob bum rush it in about 5 or so hours on easy :lol

I just got there literally a few minutes ago and I logged in 7 hours as well. I think I did most of the sidequests too (also playing on hard if that matters).

Dammit I just got to
Earth
and the first cutscene that played had no audio other than the music and the subtitles were not showing up on the screen.

After the cutscene was over I think there was still some missing audio in the combat.

I'm playing on the PC and haven't had any problems for the last 20 hours of the game.

Anyone else run into this and know if there's a fix?

Dammit I just got to
Earth
and the first cutscene that played had no audio other than the music and the subtitles were not showing up on the screen.

After the cutscene was over I think there was still some missing audio in the combat.

I'm playing on the PC and haven't had any problems for the last 20 hours of the game.

Anyone else run into this and know if there's a fix?

Funny the exact same thing happened to me. I quit the game during the cutscene and that seems to fix it.

Kem0sabe

Just finished the first world quest line and am now cleaning up the remaining optional dungeons.

I´m loving the game but the repetition is a bit too much, every dungeon has the same puzzles, involving the same stupid balls and the same traversal patterns of climb, wall run, grapple.

Wish there was some variation, well... there always the next worlds to play and see if things mix up.

Xater

Does everyone have this reversible cover for the game or is it just for us germans because of the shitty USK log? I think it looks pretty good:

7bebe9a94184e9fef4145d2ac89f36d6-1451686741.jpg

Dahbomb

It took me 10 hours exactly on Apoc. Did the 2 side boss fights and the lost n found quest but nothing else really. I was even using the crow a lot to help me get along the main quest. It could've been even longer if I explored more for like the collectible items.

Also a factor for me was doing Thane and Grimwood so early. Lots of deaths there.

The dodge-back evade + hammer baseball swing is awesome. It sends enemies flying and especially useful at the Crucible. I got through a couple of waves but decided that I want to unlock everything and go at it until the final wave, since once you take a reward from any of the intervals you get exited out.

Paertan

Does everyone have this reversible cover for the game or is it just for us germans because of the shitty USK log? I think it looks pretty good:

Reversible covers should be standard! Love games where you can do this. And as for your question I don't know. Not released here yet and my order has even been delayed =(

Phenomic

Is there a limit to the number of items you can carry? Or perhaps a limit on individual item types that you can carry. I swear I've been picking up scythes and they just aren't showing up in my inventory.

So I'm not sure if I'm full and just wasting items or whats going on.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I fought Gorewood, where is the other side boss? In the early area I mean.

You need deathgrip and his location is exactly where the dot says he is :p

Is there a limit to the number of items you can carry? Or perhaps a limit on individual item types that you can carry. I swear I've been picking up scythes and they just aren't showing up in my inventory.

So I'm not sure if I'm full and just wasting items or whats going on.

You can only have one page full of items

Just finished the first world quest line and am now cleaning up the remaining optional dungeons.

I´m loving the game but the repetition is a bit too much, every dungeon has the same puzzles, involving the same stupid balls and the same traversal patterns of climb, wall run, grapple.

Wish there was some variation, well... there always the next worlds to play and see if things mix up.

Each world has total different variations of dungeon puzzles. Not going to spoil anything, but they do change drastically later in the game. Don't worry, you won't be rolling balls or riding golems in every dungeon.

Can someone help me assign the power to the LB button. I'm playing on PC and I remember I assigned the thing that summons the dead to come help you fight but after I upgraded it went away.

I'm playing on PC.

Also, is anyone having trouble with the controls not responding? Whenever I press P to move the ball, it takes a couple of presses to actually grab the ball.

ironcreed

Banned
Haha, I got stuck inside a wall and had to reload.

I really like this game a lot, but I feel like maybe it was rushed a little bit so THQ could have a big title sooner.

Shit like that even happened to me in big name titles like God of War 3. Freezes as well. In terms of sheer scale, variety and gameplay, this game smokes GOW like nobody's business. In other words, the good tips the scale so heavy, that a little niggle like that here and there is something I can easily overlook.

Ricker

Awesome game...stuck in the Shattered Forge right now though,guessing at level 6 I'm missing something to help me progress in there(sidequest)...I hope it's not one of those run on wall then hit A to keep running because I suck at those,I had to forget about a chest in the Tears dungeon because I couldn't do the wall thing...

DryvBy

I'm almost done with the game. I like it a lot but I feel that Darksiders uno is still the champion of the two. Maybe I'm just wearing my rose-tinted goggles but wasn't the original a bit more Legend of Zelda than this one?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Each world has total different variations of dungeon puzzles. Not going to spoil anything, but they do change drastically later in the game. Don't worry, you won't be rolling balls or riding golems in every dungeon.

When you guys say different worlds, what exactly do you mean? For instance Im currently at the section where
theres skeletons everywhere and they're talking about having to fight their champion
Have I crossed over into another world? Can I go back to previous worlds?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I'm almost done with the game. I like it a lot but I feel that Darksiders uno is still the champion of the two. Maybe I'm just wearing my rose-tinted goggles but wasn't the original a bit more Legend of Zelda than this one?

I feel like 2 is very Zelda-esc as well, just that other influences are stronger this time around such as Diablo, Prince of Persia and Shadow of the Colossus.

DryvBy

I feel like 2 is very Zelda-esc as well, just that other influences are stronger this time around such as Diablo, Prince of Persia and Shadow of the Colossus.

I wish the Zelda influences were more stand-out myself. I felt that the original was very Zelda with a mixture of God of War/Prince of Persia. This one seems to mainly be Prince of Persia and Diablo. Still fun, but I was expecting something a little different.

Yes it was and I agree. I just replayed DS1 a week ago and I liked it better for being tighter and leaner, the fact that it didn't have fluff like random rubbish loot, skills trees, sidequests, XP levelling and open area exploration are part of why I liked it so much. I love RPGs (JP ones anyway) but I wanted an evolution of the original game's formula, not for it to become a different genre. It's still a great game though, just not what I really wanted. More features and depth seem like a good thing, but DS2 feels to me like more of the genre blurring and homogenization we've been seeing across the industry this gen. Adding the kitchen sink for the sake of it, because sinks are popular right now.

Dascu

Yeah, it's a lot more Diablo-ish this time around.

Where is
Bheithier
?
In the Nook, in a big room filled with lava. You need the magic claw ability to reach him though.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Yes it was and I agree. I just replayed DS1 a week ago and I liked it better for being tighter and leaner, the fact that it didn't have fluff like random rubbish loot, skills trees, sidequests, XP levelling and open area exploration are part of why I liked it so much. I love RPGs (JP ones anyway) but I wanted an evolution of the original game's formula, not for it to become a different genre. It's still a great game though, just not what I really wanted. More features and depth seem like a good thing, but DS2 feels to me like more of the genre blurring and homogenization we've been seeing across the industry this gen. Adding the kitchen sink for the sake of it, because sinks are popular right now.

I hope we get a Darksiders 3 and that they include a shoot/cover mechanic, just for you.

FtHTiny

Ragestory with spoilers about
earth

Has anyone had a normal earth. Like with sound and everything. It´s worse enough that the target is off and the whole planet can be played as shooter. But without most of the sound. And all dialogue with uriel missing as well. This is such an obvious and major bug that i can´t believe that developers didn´t know about it.
PC-Version

Daante

Im using Radeonpro and im not able to "override application" in the settings, just "enhance application". When i try override i can launch the game and all, but i can´t see the characters and enviroments once in game.

Does that mean i still get AA when i run enhance mode? , if so whats the best settings for enhance mode in Radeon pro?

Cheers

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This game is so fucking huge. Personally I like how expanded it is. It still feels very zeldaish to me with the exploring and such. The only thing zeldaish in the first one was the dungeons, the layout of the world in ds1 was more metroid than zelda

FrigidEh

At the tree of life (7ish hours) so I think I have a pretty good grasp of my feelings towards the game now.

Story is very meh so far but expected since the game is so long, hopefully it gets better, nothing really mind-blowing so far except for
the guardian
, that was cool.
Puzzles are repetitive, I really hope I don’t have to roll any more balls into some holes. Wall running is awesome and any segment that involves a long, skillful wall run makes me feel really awesome.
Combat is great and the crucible is a good time.
If anyone could explain to me in detail which weapons can be fed to possessed weapons, that’d be nice. I’ve read the xbox achievements post but I’m still a little fuzzy.

So overall, good, fun game with many apparent issues but that won’t stop me from beating it and probably going through new game +

Through 7 hours, Darksiders>Darksiders 2 but still have a lot left.

Top Bottom