• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

neoism

woow I guess I just suck at this game just dead from the tall fucker that fucking house is garbade slow.. WTF do I do with the big bomb ball he shoots out I shooting with the shitty gun that will never reload. woow SOTC lol not fun at alll.

Wrath on hit is fucking broken that is all

I get a full wrath bar off one dash attack LOL

Yep! I am going through new game+ now possessing and customizing my loadout with stuff like that and health on hit for going through the crucible. I tried it after beating the game around lvl 21. I got past wave 25 no problem. Then quit and got loot. I'm not going to attempt latter waves without death grip.

lengthy spoiler below on about 10hours into the game.

Alright, so I got about like 20minutes into the second world, the one where you have to ring some bell and then jump onto these two giant snake/fish/eel things and climb on top of the ship they are dragging.

It was amazing. My jaw was open the whole time. Especially every now and then a particularly low bass note grumbles around and my subwoofer is like *rumblerumblerumble*.

I'm getting giddy just thinking about it =)

Game gives such a good epic feeling without ever failing.

How rare are possessed weapons? I'm level 6 and I got one in a chest right after meeting Vulgrum(or whatever his name is) for the first time. I died shortly thereafter and lost it before saving. :(

I want another. Seemed pretty awesome. Was I really luck to get one?

abundant

woow I guess I just suck at this game just dead from the tall fucker that fucking house is garbade slow.. WTF do I do with the big bomb ball he shoots out I shooting with the shitty gun that will never reload. woow SOTC lol not fun at alll.

Keep shooting at the bomb until it's hp bar is depleted. The bomb will then hover in the air, so run to the Guardian and the bomb will eventually follow you and hit him. It only takes one clip to do it, so no reloading required.

How rare are possessed weapons? I'm level 6 and I got one in a chest right after meeting Vulgrum(or whatever his name is) for the first time. I died shortly thereafter and lost it before saving. :(

Rare, but not super rare. I found three during my time in the Forge Lands.

Lombax

Banned

I dont think they are all that rare [they say they are] but I have had 5 drop thus far in the first area.

Alright, I finished the
Gilded Arena

How the hell do I get off this damned
Eternal Throne? All I can do is go between the Throne and the Arena, and fast travel is disabled.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was enjoying the necro tree before. But after the wraith gain on hit and all my arcane gear/crit... MY GOD LOL This game is now free.

tragic

Developer
Giving away some codes!

https://twitter.com/verytragic

I have 3 Steam Keys up for grabs.

Also, as a NeoGAF Exclusive (...), I have a handful of Shadow of Death keys too (both XBOX and PS3).

For the Shadow of Death keys, just post what your favorite part of the game is so far (use spoiler tags... be courteous!). I'll talk to Die and BY2K and we will hand out some love!

I found a posessed buckler in a chest at lv.4. It's very effective, though it's charge attack leaves something to be desired.

carlos

giveaways on twitter are the only thing that would convince me to open a twitter account....but yet I still can't quite do it on a matter of principle....

Would've loved to buy the game by now if all my funds weren't tied up, but I'll definitely get to it soon :)

Giving away some codes!

Also, as a NeoGAF Exclusive (...), I have a handful of Shadow of Death keys too (both XBOX and PS3).

For the Shadow of Death keys, just post what your favorite part of the game is so far (use spoiler tags... be courteous!). I'll talk to Die and BY2K and we will hand out some love!

Retweeted (as runant83), fingers crossed!

This is the third tweet I've ever made haha (the first two were to Chris Cornell)

tragic

Developer
giveaways on twitter are the only thing that would convince me to open a twitter account....but yet I still can't quite do it on a matter of principle....

Would've loved to buy the game by now if all my funds weren't tied up, but I'll definitely get to it soon :)

Understandable! Since I already promised the 3 to twitter... I'll see if I can get a few more keys just for NeoGAF!

Dahbomb

Wrath on hit and Health on hit is the way to go. After that build up your Defense/Resistance so that you can take a few hits along with Strength/Damage/Crit. Percentage to execute is really powerful too.

Not really sure how beneficial elemental damage is yet. I am guessing it works like D3 where it just adds on to your base damage.

It seems like all this stuff is for the Crucible because the main storyline is not that hard if you are decently upgraded. I tried the Crucible and had to stop at wave 5. Even though the enemies were the same as what you fought in the first world, they had way more health and did much more damage. I can't imagine the stuff you will fight against in 90-100. Has anyone completed Crucible yet?

I got 3 Possessed weapons from the first area. 1 of them I am still using now (it's a Mace). I also found the
Omega Blades from the side quest
which was really neat.

Lothars

Giving away some codes!

I have barely started playing
So far my favorite part is fighting Tagar when I am a really low level and will die in one hit.

DryvBy

Giving away some codes!

I want some Steam codes! I'd replay it on my PC right now. I just about* finished the game on PS3.

Sober

Are there any real differences in the weapon class for secondaries, or is it just mainly on their "hold and release" function/style of attack?

Is the advanced training for all the secondary weapons (the "sweet spot" upgrades) just mean that if you do a certain attack, then you time it right it just does a followup attack is all?

forrest

formerly nacire
Just built Possessed Scythes with Crit Chance, Health on Crit, Wrath on Crit, Crit Damage paired with Possessed Claws with Crit Chance, Health on Crit, Wrath on Crit, Ice Damage. Soo Good! I should have tried Execution Chance in place of Crit Dmg on the Scythes, but I had already saved it while building the weapons. :(

Arbiter Maze Scroll questions -
I'm currently only missing lvl 5 and 6 normal scrolls and have all the others plus all the secret scrolls. Is there always a symbol on the wall for a hidden scroll? Is there always directions such as N,S,E,W written on the wall too? Sometimes it seems like there is writing, sometimes just a floating scroll. It's kind of tough to track down these last two without knowing which ones I've gotten specifically. Maybe if there were some kind of marking system or if the symbols disappeared after you found them.

I killed a shit load of time this morning searching for the last
GNOMad. I found one in the City of the Dead, One in Ivory Citadel and one in the Black Stone. I assumed one must be in Tri Stone as I was thinking one would seem to come from the last dungeon of each zone. I went back and scoured it for hours, but some of it is impossible to get to now that you don't have Pup with you.
Oh well the search goes on!

Triz

Giving away some codes!

the scene after the credits roll with Lillith smiling when Samael says she will be punished, and not in a pleasureable way.
So Awesome.

forrest

formerly nacire
Understandable! Since I already promised the 3 to twitter... I'll see if I can get a few more keys just for NeoGAF!

Hey thanks for the contest and codes! Question, could you drop some hints to the team about possibly mapping up on the dpad to either toggle between dungeon items or at least toggle to your last equipped dungeon item? The button isn't used and it would save a lot of reassigning buttons while your playing.

Using it to scroll through all of your dungeon abilities would be great, but even if you just toggled between the last item equipped, I could see using it to quickswap between Redemption and Deathgrip while doing the Crucible or just fighting in general.

Monocle

What am I supposed to do with all of the legendary weapons I'm not using? Is there some way to store them outside my inventory? I don't want to sell them, but they're taking up almost all my inventory space.

What am I supposed to do with all of the legendary weapons I'm not using? Is there some way to store them outside my inventory? I don't want to sell them, but they're taking up almost all my inventory space.

sell em, they're worth a good chunk of change and I doubt you'll go back to them

malfcn

I missed the first free combo from Thane and can't remember or find the inputs. I thought it was RB+X while dodging or something. Anyone?

tragic

Developer
Arbiter Maze Scroll questions...

Go into your inventory, find the Arbiter's Scroll. Use D-Pad to scroll down. It shows you all the scrolls you've attained (both progression directions and secret directions).

Hey thanks for the contest and codes! Question, could you drop some hints to the team about possibly mapping up on the dpad to either toggle between dungeon items or at least toggle to your last equipped dungeon item? The button isn't used and it would save a lot of reassigning buttons while your playing.

I can drop hints. That being said, we talked about it in development also. Who knows what is going to happen, but there are definitely other things we'd like to address first. Your suggestion is solid, though!

sell em, they're worth a good chunk of change and I doubt you'll go back to them

I hoard them. I have no room. I should sell also =).

Giving away some codes!

Anyways I can still enter for the PS3 code even though I haven't started DS2 yet? Bought it at BBY, loaded it up but decided to finish Darksiders 1 first =P

Holy SHIT what is up with the difficulty in this game? Just came across a stalker thing that could take me out in 2 hits on full health, and now fighting this Gorewood thing that saps all my health in one hit....

WTF is going on

Go into your inventory, find the Arbiter's Scroll. Use D-Pad to scroll down. It shows you all the scrolls you've attained (both progression directions and secret directions).

I can drop hints. That being said, we talked about it in development also. Who knows what is going to happen, but there are definitely other things we'd like to address first. Your suggestion is solid, though!

I hoard them. I have no room. I should sell also =).

I figure you'd just get them again in NG+ haha

malfcn

What is resistance? Resistant to what?

Giving away some codes!

So far I am not far into the game, so it is hard to post anything spoilerific. Going to start a session now. But so far the vast scale, atmosphere and music. A lot of care went into the details and feel of the game. I wish there was more I could say at this point.
The Crow Father looked and felt really cool. I wish he played a larger part.

Monocle

Hmm. OK, I guess I'll sell those legendary weapons after all. It's just that some of them have stats that would be useful for possessed weapons, if I could manage to find any I want to use. I've been having the most terrible luck with drops. I'm level 15 and I still haven't found any possessed scythes, and the last possessed hammer I got had a super low level. I did find a level 14 possessed buckler, but I read somewhere that the damage of its counter move is tied to the arcane stat, which doesn't fit my build.

By the way, what's the use of the resistance stat? It's like defense for elemental damage, right? Mine is sitting in the low 20s right now and I'm not sure if I should sacrifice some defense to boost it a bit.

Giving away some codes!

The Foundry, that final Forge Lands dungeon where Karn goes with you. I really liked the cooperative aspect of the puzzles, and the final part where you bring the enormous construct to life was a great payoff. I loved the music that plays as you're leaving the dungeon to go fight the construct in the plains.

Come to think of it, the Eternal Throne approach sequence was fucking badass. Running on those worms, climbing around the flying ship. That was just incredible. Yeah, actually that's probably the highest point for me so far.

Duffyside

Banned
Heh, pretty anticlimactic ending to that first dungeon. I was like "oh, really? It's over?" But it was a pretty good dungeon, for my tastes at least. No hard or creative puzzles really, which I would've liked, but can't expect it for the first dungeon. What I really, REALLY like is how they're incorporating them into the world. I hate old Zelda design where you are in some underground hell for almost two hours, really earning the word "dungeon." This one very much felt like a real place, actually sort of like the place they were calling it in game, with plenty of areas that were at least sort of outdoors.

Also, my favorite part of Wind Waker were the little quick dungeon-y places, little islands where you hop in for just ten or fifteen minutes and get out (like the ice island), and this game seems to have stuff like that; quick little distractions tucked into the world here and there.

What a great game.

forrest

formerly nacire

I guess I wasn't too clear. I can tell which ones I'm missing, but in searching the entire huge world over for the last two I will come across a mark on the wall, but don't know if I've actually gotten that one before or not. I can find a mark and search for 20 minutes only to move on hoping that's one I must have already picked up.

I'm sure it probably at the bottom of the list. It just seems like a bit of a no brainer. :p

DryvBy

Giving away some codes!

My favorite part has been the battle against The Guardian. Something about HUGE bosses that excite me. Had a very SotC feel.

KorrZ

Holy SHIT what is up with the difficulty in this game? Just came across a stalker thing that could take me out in 2 hits on full health, and now fighting this Gorewood thing that saps all my health in one hit....

WTF is going on

Absolutely ridiculous, getting killed even on easy mode. Never had a problem in DS1.

If you can't beat something remember you can always come back later once you've leveled up/gotten better gear. Most of the time you come across optional bosses like Gorewood when they're a fair few levels higher than you.

Giving away some codes!

So far...
The Battle with the Guardian, easily! Loved running around on the horse fighting him off what a sense of scale. So much fun. :)

Top Bottom