• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

jett

D-Member
Well, I've boned myself. Through a "grenade" thingy at one of those blue balls and now it's stuck in this place and won't budge, and it won't reset positions either even if I leave the dungeon. :/

M3o8W.jpg

Fuck you, game!

Well, I've boned myself. Through a "grenade" thingy at one of those blue balls and now it's stuck in this place and won't budge, and it won't reset positions either even if I leave the dungeon. :/

http://i.imgur.com/M3o8W.jpg

Fuck you, game!

You tried fast traveling back and forth?

Shit like that even happened to me in big name titles like God of War 3. Freezes as well. In terms of sheer scale, variety and gameplay, this game smokes GOW like nobody's business. In other words, the good tips the scale so heavy, that a little niggle like that here and there is something I can easily overlook.

I agree, but define "niggle"......lol.

I'm really not a fan of the way the game handles it's platforming, so many platforms you can clearly jump on, like the shortest jump out of the water or a brick, but you need to move to the correct side with the gold handles just to go on it.

Menu's are pretty sluggish as well, still enjoying it though.

So many game-breaking glitches, so little time!

If only this game had alternative saves, or let you save more then one file, or ANYTHING

At least you're a lot earlier then I am when my game decided to stop working. 14 hours, bro.

burgerdog

http://i.imgur.com/M3o8W.jpg[/IG]

Fuck you, game![/QUOTE]

Could you still grab it? If so, try pressing RT or R2 to blast it out of there.

DryvBy

http://i.imgur.com/M3o8W.jpg[IMG]

Fuck you, game![/QUOTE]

I heard about this part. I think it auto-saved too, right? That might be a game breaking bug.

M3o8W.jpg

Fuck you, game!

They need to release a patch that lets you make multiple saves or turn off autosaves ASAP!!

What happened?

That's the funny thing, I don't even really know. After the World 2 big boss,
Crowfather
tells you to back to the Tree so you can go to
Earth
. I teleport out of there, and he's at the Tree. You talk to him and he says, "Go to the Tree!" when I'm standing right here. And the portal to the next world just doesn't show up.

And the game always autosaves, and you can't have multiple saves for some bizarre reason, so basically...LOL?

forrest

formerly nacire
Im using Radeonpro and im not able to "override application" in the settings, just "enhance application". When i try override i can launch the game and all, but i can´t see the characters and enviroments once in game.

Does that mean i still get AA when i run enhance mode? , if so whats the best settings for enhance mode in Radeon pro?

Cheers

You don't want to use the "override application" setting. You want to use "use application setting" but then in the second box down check FXAA. Currently trying to override AA on ati cards causing all sorts of alpha transparency issues in game.

Yes it was and I agree. I just replayed DS1 a week ago and I liked it better for being tighter and leaner, the fact that it didn't have fluff like random rubbish loot, skills trees, sidequests, XP levelling and open area exploration are part of why I liked it so much. I love RPGs (JP ones anyway) but I wanted an evolution of the original game's formula, not for it to become a different genre. It's still a great game though, just not what I really wanted. More features and depth seem like a good thing, but DS2 feels to me like more of the genre blurring and homogenization we've been seeing across the industry this gen. Adding the kitchen sink for the sake of it, because sinks are popular right now.

Think you will get what you want if DS3 happens. Jason Rubin supposedly intends to streamline future THQ games into tighter experiences. Hopefully this doesn't mean rails, though...

We don't want another Mass Effect 2.

Vigil hopes to patch the PC version with items it was sorely lacking upon release. From RPS:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/17/scythe-for-sore-eyes-vigil-wants-to-fix-darksiders-port/#more-120514
“During the Community Summit both Jay Fitzloff and I were under the impression that full .config files and final keyboard/mouse and controller hookups were going to work as promised when the PC version of the game launched. That was the plan at the time from a specifications perspective. Unfortunately, especially at the end of the development cycle, sometimes things change at the last minute, and this was one of them. This puts us in an uncomfortable spot as we were acting on the best information we had at the time, and it has turned out not to be in the final game (at this point).”

“Since it was always the intention to implement these features, as I type this, the development team is checking to see what items can get added into the game. While I can’t promise what can be done, I can promise we are working with the proper teams and have expressed the importance of including them in a patch.”

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I think I've fucked myself. I'm stuck in the Scar, level 12 on hard. There doesn't appear to be a way to back out from my current position and the only way forward is through a gauntlet of enemies that I'm just too under leveled and under geared to take on.

I think I've fucked myself. I'm stuck in the Scar, level 12 on hard. There doesn't appear to be a way to back out from my current position and the only way forward is through a gauntlet of enemies that I'm just too under leveled and under geared to take on.

Fast travel out?

Guh, if I had a guarantee they were going to let you remap the controller buttons, I would hold off playing more until they did. But they don't even seem sure of a general timeframe for when or what they will do. :\

neoism

13 hours in all most at the end of world one got that awesome boss to fight... I'm gettin a afraid to play it though all you guys getting game stopping bugs... how the fuck can some of this shit get past QA.... I have to admit the dungeon have a nice flow and nothing as seemed to hard maybe 2 or 3 minutes or less of thinking required... I really hope I don't get a stopping bug. WTF at not letting us make more than one save.. :/ I wonder can you make a COPY as a back up so if it happened you wouldn't have to start all over again..... This and the so-called "patch" that just took out the config folder ... :/ I want to love it but :/

Maffis

13 hours in all most at the end of world one got that awesome boss to fight... I'm gettin a afraid to play it though all you guys getting game stopping bugs... how the fuck can some of this shit get past QA.... I have to admit the dungeon have a nice flow and nothing as seemed to hard maybe 2 or 3 minutes or less of thinking required... I really hope I don't get a stopping bug. WTF at not letting us make more than one save.. :/ I wonder can you make a COPY as a back up so if it happened you wouldn't have to start all over again..... This and the so-called "patch" that just took out the config folder ... :/ I want to love it but :/

Rushed to save THQ.

burgerdog

Shit like that even happened to me in big name titles like God of War 3. Freezes as well. In terms of sheer scale, variety and gameplay, this game smokes GOW like nobody's business. In other words, the good tips the scale so heavy, that a little niggle like that here and there is something I can easily overlook.

I don't know, I really like the game, but it is difficult to argue they skimped on a lot of things that should have been obvious. If the reason is either incompetence or that the game had to be rushed, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.

Just because the game is well designed does not mean we should (or even encourage people to) overlook the scuff marks.

Couple hours in, so far, so good...bit worried about all the reports of game-breaking bugs. My only hope is that if one happens to me I can recognize it as a glitch as opposed to an unsolvable puzzle.

My only real complaints so far: the overly long menu loading (despite PS3's mandatory install) and the bombardment of online offers and code redemptions every time I start up the game. It takes me like 10 minutes to even get to the start screen. Does this ever stop?

And is it just me, or are the graphics actually inferior to the original?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Taken from GameFAQs

Stone turn in rewards

M+M+M = Arcane +5
M+M+P = Arcane Critical Chance +2%
M+M+R = Arcane Critical Damage +10%

P+P+P = Strength +5
P+P+M = Critical Chance +2%
P+P+R = Critical Damage +10%

R+R+R = Resistance +20
R+R+M = Wrath +20
R+R+P = Defense +20

M+R+P = Health +30

Couple hours in, so far, so good...bit worried about all the reports of game-breaking bugs. My only hope is that if one happens to me I can recognize it as a glitch as opposed to an unsolvable puzzle.

My only real complaints so far: the overly long menu loading (despite PS3's mandatory install) and the bombardment of online offers and code redemptions every time I start up the game. It takes me like 10 minutes to even get to the start screen. Does this ever stop?

And is it just me, or are the graphics actually inferior to the original?

Nah, I played the first one a week before Darksiders II on PS3 and the graphics in II are better, as well as the overall art style and look of the environments. Also, there is no mandatory install. It doesn't take me that long to start the game up since I don't get those online offers of whatever. Did you put in your code for the Crucible?

Taken from GameFAQs

Stone turn in rewards

I've been meaning to ask this, what exactly does Arcane boost? I assumed it was magic skills but then I heard that it could be damage when your full reaper form comes out. Is it worth putting points into? And on that note does strength affect normal attacks or just harbringer attacks?

tjohn86

Has anyone bought a possessed weapon from vulgrim? Was it worth it? I need a new scythe bad and I'm thinking of chancing it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been meaning to ask this, what exactly does Arcane boost? I assumed it was magic skills but then I heard that it could be damage when your full reaper form comes out. Is it worth putting points into? And on that note does strength affect normal attacks or just harbringer attacks?

I dont know the exact details on the stats. I just know that arcane boost the necro skills. Maybe tragic can go into details x.x

I dont know the exact details on the stats. I just know that arcane boost the necro skills. Maybe tragic can go into details x.x

ah ok, yea I'm so confused as to what stats besides execution chance and crit chance to put into possessed weapons, god knows I've wasted so many...

Arcane affects any attack from your Reaper, be it from Reaper Form or from one of your combos. It's worth putting points into Arcane if you're building a Possessed Weapon.

Wrath on Critical
Health on Critical
Critical Damage
Critical Chance

Beast weapon right there.
Has anyone bought a possessed weapon from vulgrim? Was it worth it? I need a new scythe bad and I'm thinking of chancing it.

I would save up those Boatman Coins and money until you reach level 20-ish, since the weapons you get from him scale to your current level. Getting Possessed Scythes is what you want to get from him, if not then quit your game right away else it auto-saves on ya. You can get PWs from Legacy Boxes Vulgrim sells.

ironcreed

Banned
I don't know, I really like the game, but it is difficult to argue they skimped on a lot of things that should have been obvious. If the reason is either incompetence or that the game had to be rushed, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.

Just because the game is well designed does not mean we should (or even encourage people to) overlook the scuff marks.

When it comes to potentially game breaking bugs like listed above, I actually agree. I am just talking about stuff like getting stuck in the environment, etc. It's a big game, so things like that are kind of a given sometimes. But hopefully they will address some of these apparent progress halting bugs ASAP.

Nah, I played the first one a week before Darksiders II on PS3 and the graphics in II are better, as well as the overall art style and look of the environments. Also, there is no mandatory install. It doesn't take me that long to start the game up since I don't get those online offers of whatever. Did you put in your code for the Crucible?

Yeah, now I'm just getting an offer to sign up for their online community. Do I have to sign up to make it go away?

deduce

For the PC version, is there a way to stay locked onto an enemy without constantly holding down the LT on the Xbox 360 Controller?

Arcane affects any attack from your Reaper, be it from Reaper Form or from one of your combos. It's worth putting points into Arcane if you're building a Possessed Weapon.

Wrath on Critical
Health on Critical
Critical Damage
Critical Chance

Beast weapon right there.

Thanks, that was the direction I was going toward, maybe add an elemental damage as well? I seem to notice that I can stun lock enemies with my secondary shock weapon. Also, if you want a cheap life steal on hit weapon I found that
Achidna’s Fangs
seems to give health back for every hit

Yeah, now I'm just getting an offer to sign up for their online community. Do I have to sign up to make it go away?

I believe signing up also gives you 2 lvl 5 possessed secondary weapons

edit: just found this on the DS2 community forums (man I wish this game came with a digital manual)http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29323091/Weapons_Stats

Level affects gun damage

Strength affects weapon damage
Defense affects physical defense
Arcane affects reaper form damage
Arcane Resist affects elemental defense

Health increases your max health
Wrath increases your max wrath

Crit Power + is the crit multiplier for gun and weapons
Crit Chance + is the rate of critical hits for gun and weapons
Arcane Crit Power + is the crit multiplier for crits in the Reaper Form
Arcane Crit Chance + is the chance for critical hits in Reaper Form

Fire and Inferno are additional damage types of the Flame element, but with different added effects.
Ice and Frost are additional damage types of the Cold element, but with different added effects
Shock and Lightning are additional damage types of the Elec element, but with different added effects
Piercing is additional non-elemental damage, but negates enemy defense

Health On Hit/Health Steal heals you by that amount every time you strike a foe with that weapon
Health On Crit heals you by that amount every time you score a crit with that weapon
Health On Kill heals you by that amount every time you kill something with that weapon
Health on Execute heals you by that amount every time you preform an execution (O attack for PS3)

Wrath On Hit restores wrath by that amount every time you strike a foe with that weapon
Wrath On Crit restores wrath by that amount every time you score a crit with that weapon
Wrath On Kill restores wrath by that amount every time you kill something with that weapon
Wrath on Execute restores wrath by that amount every time you preform an execution (O attack for PS3)

Reaper Energy on Execute restores reaper energy by that amount every time you preform an execution (O attack for PS3)

Unique skills are... well, unique.

When do I fight
Achidna
? I need that weapon for my Crucible run.

And for your 5th PW stat, you can definitely add an elemental on that for an added damage bonus over time.

When do I fight
Achidna
? I need that weapon for my Crucible run.

And for your 5th PW stat, you can definitely add an elemental on that for an added damage bonus over time.

Its part of the main quest line in the 2nd world, pretty sure its closer to the end of it. I fought her at ~lvl 16 or so.
You fight her as part of the last part of the lords of the dead main quest

Top Bottom