• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS |OT| More like Zelda than God of War

Nardonicus said:
ok...I'm finally stuck. Very close to the end of the Black Throne...

I have killed the third golem and have made my way back across the big outdoor area and am stuck in a room. It is a large circular room with a hovering platform in the middle with two portals on it. I know I clearly need to activate those two portals and hit the switch to rotate the platform 90 degrees. The problem is I can't figure out how to open that door on the side to let the beam pass through.

There are two switches on the left and right of that door...and I have successfully got both triggered at the same time (using the slow mo thing, cross blade, and the soul beam) but the fn' door won't open.

What the holy fuck am I doing wrong?

HELP!

Anyways, this game rocks. Been waiting for this shit to come out for like 2 years and it did not disappoint. I especially love War's animations.

Just can't believe I finally got stuck.

This is what I did, in order:
Activate slow motion, run to the pillar and hit the switch with the boomerang and then lock onto both switches by the gate at once and hit them.
That's what worked for me anyway, and I only did it around 20 minutes ago.

Baloonatic said:
This is what I did, in order:
Activate slow motion, run to the pillar and hit the switch with the boomerang and then lock onto both switches by the gate at once and hit them.
That's what worked for me anyway, and I only did it around 20 minutes ago.

yep...that was it.

good god I'm a fucking idiot. I swear I tried to lock on to both of those switches before and it wouldn't let me. oh well...onward I go...

Thanks!

JdFoX187

Banned
I just entered the Black Throne and the game continues to deliver. I'm looking forward to going back and playing it again later on Apocalypse difficulty.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nardonicus said:
yep...that was it.

good god I'm a fucking idiot. I swear I tried to lock on to both of those switches before and it wouldn't let me. oh well...onward I go...

Thanks!

Haha, I was stuck there, but I tried to think too hard about it.
I tried to slow down time, hit all 3 switches, then go through the portal on the side wall and get launched through before the gate went back down.
:lol

TheFallen

What's the best way to grind out like 50,000 of xp? (maybe more. sigh) Keep in mind I need to still max out my scythe and glove (1 level left each)

Firestorm

Hah, I did something stupid in that dungeon too.
the one with the blocks to weigh down the cages. I didn't see the portal at the top so what I did was push the weights onto the cages, jumped on, then used a portal to remove the block from the highest one and jumped onto the top of the cage as it was moving up so I could just jump onto the upper level. On the way back I realized I could have just skipped up there with one shot.

Ridley327

TheFallen said:
What's the best way to grind out like 50,000 of xp? (maybe more. sigh) Keep in mind I need to still max out my scythe and glove (1 level left each)

Iron Canopy is the best place because the spiders regenerate all the time.

Just put a bow on this one, I liked it a lot. The Armageddon Blade collecting across the overworld at the end was unnecessary and tedious but knowing the end was in sight made it better, I guess.

Also I don't really understand why the final piece of the Abysmal Armor
is in Eden.
So you spend all the time collecting the pieces to use it on the last boss, essentially. Oh well.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The Abyssal Armor is the only item that (optionally) carries over to a new game. So you could potentially collect it on Easy/Normal, then run through Apocalyptic with it equipped from the get-go.

Well, all 3 of my weapons are level 4, and all abilities are maxed save for the wrath abilities, which I'm saving up for now.

Or perhaps I'll finally enter the Black Throne. We'll see.

Finished it earlier and had such a great time with it from the first dungeon onwards. Didn't want it to end. Wish there were a few more games like this around nowadays.

Gonna go and replay the Soul Reaver games I think!

Natakuu

Banned
Just finished this earlier tonight, managed to get the full gamerscore as well. Very good game! It's refreshing to play this sort of game and it not be named Legend of Zelda.

MMaRsu

Finished the game last night..totally FUCKING AWESOME! The ending was badass, I loved it. Dont feel like collecting all the abyssal armor stuff and upgrading all my weapons etc, Im trading it for Bayonetta today, but I'll rebuy the game somewhere in the future to get 1000/1000 :)

brunoa76

Firestorm said:
Hah, I did something stupid in that dungeon too.
the one with the blocks to weigh down the cages. I didn't see the portal at the top so what I did was push the weights onto the cages, jumped on, then used a portal to remove the block from the highest one and jumped onto the top of the cage as it was moving up so I could just jump onto the upper level. On the way back I realized I could have just skipped up there with one shot.

I did the same thing but I haven't realized my mistake... until now :D

Will check it on my next playthrough.

Canova

Banned
Mejilan said:
The Abyssal Armor is the only item that (optionally) carries over to a new game. So you could potentially collect it on Easy/Normal, then run through Apocalyptic with it equipped from the get-go.

Well, all 3 of my weapons are level 4, and all abilities are maxed save for the wrath abilities, which I'm saving up for now.

Or perhaps I'll finally enter the Black Throne. We'll see.

how the heck did you max out all your weapons before entering Black Throne? those weapons take forever to upgrade

In a section where's the huge fan that you have to turn on, above the console where you turn it on there is a warrior emblem... how do you get that?

mjc

I finished the Black Throne and now I'm going around exploring stuff..collecting the abyssal armor. I've got 9/10 pieces of it and I've referenced youtube videos of their locations and I can't for the life of me, figure out which one I'm missing. I spent about an hour going around checking a couple of the locations that I thought I might have missed it at, but I indeed did collect it.

My only gripe with this game is the unpolished map, trying to figure out where stuff is was kind of a hassle.

Ze_Pershing said:
In a section where's the huge fan that you have to turn on, above the console where you turn it on there is a warrior emblem... how do you get that?

You're talking about the huge fan that you stand on the blades to ride around the room, correct? Stand on a blade and wait till you're going past an alley (I think it's right after the control room) where you will glide and then quickly shoot the hookshot to a hook point to pull you over. You'll end up working your way above that room and able to get that artifact. I think there was also a chest up there.

SquallASF said:
You're talking about the huge fan that you stand on the blades to ride around the room, correct? Stand on a blade and wait till you're going past an alley (I think it's right after the control room) where you will glide and then quickly shoot the hookshot to a hook point to pull you over. You'll end up working your way above that room and able to get that artifact. I think there was also a chest up there.

hmm, ok. Thanks, I don't have the hook yet :/, but I will keep that in mind after I get it.

KevinCow

Banned
SquallASF said:

That was one of the best chests in the game.
I noticed the one portal pad barely visible over a crumbled wall and looked around for a good ten minutes for another one before I noticed the little alley.

Arnie

Need some help on Silthia
every time she does the attack where she appears above you and smothers you, I can never escape no matter what I do. Also once she starts to sit on the roof and drop the bombs she doesn't present me with any more opportunities to attack her, so how do I damage her once she moves into this phase?

Note I am playing on Apocalyptic difficulty.

Arnie said:
Need some help on Silthia
every time she does the attack where she appears above you and smothers you, I can never escape no matter what I do. Also once she starts to sit on the roof and drop the bombs she doesn't present me with any more opportunities to attack her, so how do I damage her once she moves into this phase?

Note I am playing on Apocalyptic difficulty.

Just dodge backwards when she appears above you. When she's on the cieling you have to wait for her fireballs to turn orange and use the abyssal chain on one of them, then on her.

kamspy

Any updates on the vsync patch for 360?

I'm trying to hold off getting too far before it comes out.

Knowing my luck they'll release it the day after I beat the game.

KevinCow said:
That was one of the best chests in the game.
I noticed the one portal pad barely visible over a crumbled wall and looked around for a good ten minutes for another one before I noticed the little alley.

Yeah, alley threw me off for a sec because when I saw it, I was certain it was significant but I glided over only to fall to my peril. I then noticed the hook point.

So, did we ever figure out if there is any significance to where the artifacts are placed on your screen? I'm missing just one, if I say which slot is empty on the screen, will that tell any of you which one I'm missing? or does it just place them in randomly? Didn't pay attention to how it was placing them.

KevinCow

Banned
kamspy said:
Any updates on the vsync patch for 360?

I'm trying to hold off getting too far before it comes out.

Knowing my luck they'll release it the day after I beat the game.

The patch itself is done and submitted. It just has to go through Microsoft bureaucracy nonsense first.

SquallASF said:
So, did we ever figure out if there is any significance to where the artifacts are placed on your screen? I'm missing just one, if I say which slot is empty on the screen, will that tell any of you which one I'm missing? or does it just place them in randomly? Didn't pay attention to how it was placing them.

There is no significance, unfortunately. It fills them in in a specific order, regardless of how you collect them.

Arnie

Fimbulvetr said:
Just dodge backwards when she appears above you. When she's on the cieling you have to wait for her fireballs to turn orange and use the abyssal chain on one of them, then on her.
Thanks a lot, that helped me.
Time to go to the Black Throne.

KevinCow said:
The patch itself is done and submitted. It just has to go through Microsoft bureaucracy nonsense first.

There is no significance, unfortunately. It fills them in in a specific order, regardless of how you collect them.

Darth Vader: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

I have one artifact left, 2 wrath shards, and 3 life force shards :( This only concerns me because I've ran through every map with the fury embrace and grabbed everything displayed... Do you get a life shard for getting the final artifact? In which case I'm only missing 2? I remember getting one awarded to me earlier for turning in artifacts. I *think* it *may* be possible that there are two paths connecting two areas that I didn't traverse due to serpent holes. I know I've ran around most of them for sure though so I'm not very confident about finding something... I think I may not have done the lighting the torches in the cathedral so that should give me one of the missing chests. What room was that in again?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Just got this sent to me (thanks special friend!).

Finally something to get me off the v-heroin known as MW2.

Anybody else surprised at how easy the bosses are? Seems like they get easier as the game goes on. I was expecting the same rinse and repeat formula for the Stygian and Silitha but they were over in a flash. I had more trouble with most regular enemy encounters and the mini bosses of both dungeons were a bigger challenge.

Katana_Strikes said:
Can anyone tell me where to find the treasure locator map in Iron Canopy?

IIRC it was at the end of one of the alleys on the outside. You have to grapple to it near the broken staircase.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
canova said:
how the heck did you max out all your weapons before entering Black Throne? those weapons take forever to upgrade

Farming lots of spiders. It was mind-numbingly boring.
But, on the other hand, I did walk out with over 40k souls to spend!
All you need is a little OCD and lots of patience! :D

Between all of the leveling, the legendary War's Glory slottable bonus I found, and the 40k I spent on just about every remaining upgrade left to me, I figure that the rest of my Apocalyptic run will probably not be too challenging. ;p

Canova

Banned
Finally finished it.

EPIC! very satisfying, this game is a rare gem

Love the last battles

now going back to my save and hunt down the rest of items

Mejilan said:

I bet so :lol

I was gonna farm, but didn't have the patience, I wanna see the end first

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
with Bayonetta finally put back on the shelf for me after 40 hours or play time, it's time for me to check this game out. Buying it for PS3 (which I have heard performs better?). I can't wait to play, it sounds great.

Canova

Banned
Rez said:
with Bayonetta finally put back on the shelf for me after 40 hours or play time, it's time for me to check this game out. Buying it for PS3 (which I have heard performs better?). I can't wait to play, it sounds great.

yup PS3 version runs more stable. But I kinda like 360 AA better

Flyguy

Halp! I think I'm stuck in Twilight Cathedral. After I defeated Tiamat I went back in to make sure I didn't miss anything and now I can't get out. I can't get out of the room where you got the Krull blade. The platform with the three statues that I rode to the top before is still raised. Is there a way to reset it? Autosave and the fact that I can't manually create a separate save slot means if I can't get out it's game over for me. Is this a known issue? It's an old school game-breaking issue.

kamspy

Cool can't wait for the patch.

Fucking out of nowhere gem. I didn't think games could fly under my radar these days, but I'm damn sure happy when they do.

Flyguy said:
Halp! I think I'm stuck in Twilight Cathedral. After I defeated Tiamat I went back in to make sure I didn't miss anything and now I can't get out. I can't get out of the room where you got the Krull blade. The platform with the three statues that I rode to the top before is still raised. Is there a way to reset it? Autosave and the fact that I can't manually create a separate save slot means if I can't get out it's game over for me. Is this a known issue? It's an old school game-breaking issue.

You can still get back to the surface. There's a door to the right of where you collect the third and final sword.

forrest

formerly nacire
Mejilan said:
But, on the other hand, I did walk out with over 40k souls to spend!
All you need is a little OCD and lots of patience! :D

Between all of the leveling, the legendary War's Glory slottable bonus I found, and the 40k I spent on just about every remaining upgrade left to me, I figure that the rest of my Apocalyptic run will probably not be too challenging. ;p

If you farm the one room near the entrance to the hall that leads to the boss lair it doesn't take too long. Lots of spiders in a single room that will respawn if you go just outside of the room towards the boss hallway.:D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Flyguy said:

Sorry that I can't really help aside from saying there is a way out somehow. I thought I was stuck down there too when I went back later in the game, you just need to look around and find a way to get out of one of the other holes to the basement level.

sweetvar26 said:
The game is on sale at Newegg for $40 yesterday. Look around, there are some deals going on for it.

bought it for 35 from a guy that had two copies :)
picking it up this afternoon. i'm really hyped because of this thread. seems like a game i would really like.

Just finished the game. Wow what a ride!! Loved nearly everything about it. War is bad ass.
AAA
Needed one youtube tip on a portal part. Damn I was trying to complete it without any help.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Maybe it's been asked already, but I've just started the game so I don't want to be spoiled plowing through the thread. the game starts with truly awesome looking artwork explaining the battle between heaven and hell and the Charred Council/Horsemen intervening. Can I find this artwork online somewhere? Do want.

Captain N

Rei_Toei said:
Maybe it's been asked already, but I've just started the game so I don't want to be spoiled plowing through the thread. the game starts with truly awesome looking artwork explaining the battle between heaven and hell and the Charred Council/Horsemen intervening. Can I find this artwork online somewhere? Do want.

I tried looking for it and sadly couldn't find anything. There is a comic book though..not quick the same look as the opening with the war.

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay so I've been at the end for days, have done everything except for killing 150 enemies with environment objects and Rid Ruin for x amount of miles. Any suggestions for these two trophies? I still have to start a new game to get the helicopter and aerial predator trophies, but then that's it.

I was curious if the kill counter on the environment kills will start over on a new play and if shooting the ground objects during the flying sequence contributed to environment kills. If so, I'm gonna get the Ruin trophy and beat this game.

Top Bottom