• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS |OT| More like Zelda than God of War

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:

A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!

A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.

Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."
This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

Uh, wow. Thanks THQ.

I literally just made the comment the other day "Guerilla was a great game, I just didn't have the motivation to play it to the end. If somebody gave me a copy though, I'd definitely work through it eventually."

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Either way, it's a great deal (call me bias or not), but you may have a friend who wanted Red Faction, pass that love on!

Anyway, whichever way you cut it, the stuff is free! (well, apart from the shipping), but damn, its a pretty good bonus for buying a game you hopefully enjoyed too :D

Spike

Hey, I just want to thank whoever was responsible for coming up with this code at THQ/Vigil. It feels really good knowing that Canadians are left out. I mean, why would any of us who bought Darksiders at launch want an extra bonus disc?

Roxas

Arrrgh im loving this game but having such a hard time crossing the sand
When the big worm chases you if you touch the sand, and you have to use the wooden boards to get across.

I wait and wait, but always end up getting caught :\

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
hdn said:
Either way, it's a great deal (call me bias or not), but you may have a friend who wanted Red Faction, pass that love on!

Anyway, whichever way you cut it, the stuff is free! (well, apart from the shipping), but damn, its a pretty good bonus for buying a game you hopefully enjoyed too :D

Oh, don't mind me, I was just teasing! And of course, I posted that before I could even read about the promotional goodies. Free stuff is always awesome. I'll probably eschew the smart move and go for the bonus Darksiders disc instead of Red Faction, but either way, I'm happy.

When I first saw the insert that came with my game, I figured it'd be a silly PS Home / avatar item or some such. Needless to say, this is a pleasant surprise no matter how you cut it.

EzLink

Banned
So is the patch out yet? I stopped playing/following this thread a few days after the game came out waiting for a patch.

I could just pop the game in or go through this thread but I'm too lazy damn it!

Mejilan

Pretty sure that the 360 patch has been out for some time now.
I want to say early February-ish, but not having the 360 version, I'm not too sure about that.

EzLink said:
So is the patch out yet? I stopped playing/following this thread a few days after the game came out waiting for a patch.

I could just pop the game in or go through this thread but I'm too lazy damn it!
patch went up two weeks ago.

Mejilan said:
I'll probably eschew the smart move and go for the bonus Darksiders disc instead of Red Faction, but either way, I'm happy.
I thought the code got you both? I am very confused by this surprising turn of events.

Mejilan

Neuromancer said:
I thought the code got you both? I am very confused by this surprising turn of events.

What, really? I thought it was either/or. Just going by what was posted here, since I cannot access their site from work.

Canova

Banned
Spike said:
Hey, I just want to thank whoever was responsible for coming up with this code at THQ/Vigil. It feels really good knowing that Canadians are left out. I mean, why would any of us who bought Darksiders at launch want an extra bonus disc?

yes I don't like this either, feel like Canadian fans are left in the cold, what's up with this??
where's our code?

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
My understanding is that you get the Art disk, AND the RF:G version of you're choice. Here's the actual information from the site:

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:

A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.

Click here to receive the 360 version.
Click here to receive the PS3 version.

Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."
This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

Mejilan

hdn said:
My understanding is that you get the Art disk, AND the RF:G version of you're choice. Here's the actual information from the site:

Click here to receive the 360 version.
Click here to receive the PS3 version.

Wow! That's just... wow. Thanks again for posting that.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh wow. Sweet deal.

If anyone else is having trouble getting their code working like I was: Case counts, and include the dashes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So in a bout of idiocy, I accidentally click wire transfer. So now I have to go to my bank and have them wire transfer $5. :lol

Kinda wish they had a confirm order screen like Amazon...

EzLink

Banned
ZealousD said:
So in a bout of idiocy, I accidentally click wire transfer. So now I have to go to my bank and have them wire transfer $5. :lol

Kinda wish they had a confirm order screen like Amazon...

I did the same fucking thing! I was like "I don't have a paypal account and I'm not paying by check... wire transfer it is!". Then like ten seconds later I realized how incredibly stupid that was and how it made no sense but by that point it was too late. I emailed customer service seeing if I could change it (though I'm not expecting much luck). Do you know if most banks charge a fee for wire transfer?

ZealousD

MoxManiac said:
Was this a pre-order only code? Or is it present in all copies of Darksiders?

It was present in many of the first shipment copies within the US. Pre-order wasn't required, but you did have to buy the game early.

ZealousD

EzLink said:
Do you know if most banks charge a fee for wire transfer?

I dunno. I'm going to my credit union now to do it. Need to make a CC payment anyway.

mattalos

King of Awesome
Costanza said:
I ordered from Amazon on 1/23 and still got it.

I ordered mine in December 2009 from Amazon, release date delivery, and didn't get it.

THQ support didn't really care and wasn't willing to help out beyond a "That's weird you didn't get the code." response.

Guys I have a problem. It's charging me $10 ($5 for shipping and $5 for 'extended download service." What does that mean? I'm trying to get the 360 version. Thanks.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Shit, I hope everyone gets their stuff ok. Sounds like there's some confusion going on with the ordering. I'm sorry I can't assist with this stuff, it's all being handled by THQ.

:(

Greyvvolf

EzLink said:
I did the same fucking thing! I was like "I don't have a paypal account and I'm not paying by check... wire transfer it is!". Then like ten seconds later I realized how incredibly stupid that was and how it made no sense but by that point it was too late. I emailed customer service seeing if I could change it (though I'm not expecting much luck). Do you know if most banks charge a fee for wire transfer?

I just did a wire transfer yesterday at my local bank and I was charged a $25.00 fee. I'm from Canada so I don't know if it would be different in the US.

ZealousD

Just got back from my credit union to do the wire transfer. Wasn't charged a fee, but she mentioned that I didn't have to pay the fee because I was a "silver member" or something. So it seems YMMV?

Rabbitwork said:
Uh, wow. Thanks THQ.

I literally just made the comment the other day "Guerilla was a great game, I just didn't have the motivation to play it to the end. If somebody gave me a copy though, I'd definitely work through it eventually."
nice!
edit i'll hold off until this gets sorted out

Top Bottom