• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltz

So, is there something in the wind right now or something?

I've had three separate people message me and offer me money for sex. I haven't changed my pictures so...not sure why all of a sudden I look more like I'm down for that.

That's... pretty damn terrible. I wouldn't worry about it. The weather is getting warmer and men's hormones are just raging a bit harder than in previous months.

gaiages

Banned
Don't listen to your coworker, if you are getting women fuck what your coworker thinks.

I generally agree with this advice (if it works for you, fuck the haters lol), but given his previous posts it may not be working for him, so the advice might be worth a bit more... though it's hard to tell the validity of the advice given the information, so who knows.

Mareg

I was board game shamed the other day over my pile of games in the bedroom. The struggle is real.

That is just sad. Girls should know board gaming isn't that nerdy anyways. It can be a pretty big social activity. I swear every time I ask a girl if she is into board-gaming and she answer "SURE I PLAY THE OCCASIONAL MONOPOLY" I die a little bit inside.

Nice dinner with friend, wine and board games. Lots of talk. It is that simple.

jimmypython

Yeh. I'm just wondering if it's a time of year or something--it's been like, three or four in the past week and it's weird. I haven't changed anything about my profile, so...have I always looked like a prostitute?? Or I never have but it's a full moon or something??

I've been getting more responses from girls lately too, and Im not doing anything differently.
.....interesting.

gaiages

Banned
That is just sad. Girls should know board gaming isn't that nerdy anyways. It can be a pretty big social activity. I swear every time I ask a girl if she is into board-gaming and she answer "SURE I PLAY THE OCCASIONAL MONOPOLY" I die a little bit inside.

I kinda hate most board games tbh. Then again it doesn't help that all the board game groups/events I've been too everyone wants to play board games that are like, 5 hours long with complex rules and it's just not fun.

And also... outside of the popular board games, board games are kinda nerdy... not that there's a problem with that. It's more niche than video games at this point and has even more of a 'kid's game' stigma, to be sure. In general most people didn't play board games after they grew up.

Mareg

I've been getting more responses from girls lately too, and Im not doing anything differently.
.....interesting.

It is the time of the year. Winter has gone and it is now getting warmer. Girls like to be in couple for the cold winter. It is just natural. Winter has passed and it is now switcheroo season. +skirt season+

Ogodei

Which has me wondering why they'd use a dating site to make those kinds of propositions anyways.

Eh, i found an OKCupid account last week that had a woman basically advertising her "dirty snapchat" for a $15 buy-in. Aside from the bots going phishing, this probably happens a decent bit on these sites on the DL. Maybe Leeness has something in her profile that's like a hobo sign for these people.

Mareg

I kinda hate most board games tbh. Then again it doesn't help that all the board game groups/events I've been too everyone wants to play board games that are like, 5 hours long with complex rules and it's just not fun.

And also... outside of the popular board games, board games are kinda nerdy... not that there's a problem with that. It's more niche than video games at this point and has even more of a 'kid's game' stigma, to be sure. In general most people didn't play board games after they grew up.

I get were you are coming from. I would never introduce a complex board game to someone new. There are so many options nowadays. There are sub-genres in boardgames. You have party games that are ultra social and getaway games to introduce certain new concepts of boardgaming. It is such a great medium to be honest. No need to play 5 hours complex games. I for one, don't think they are that fun. Unless I get the right crowd.

gaiages

Banned
I get were you are coming from. I would never introduce a complex board game to someone new. There are so many options nowadays. There are sub-genres in boardgames. You have party games that are ultra social and getaway games to introduce certain new concepts of boardgaming. It is such a great medium to be honest. No need to play 5 hours complex games. I for one, don't think they are that fun. Unless I get the right crowd.

See you, I like you, I'd probably play board games with you. I'll admit I think it kinda sucks board games in general aren't more popular and it's just Cards Against Humanity all day err day, it's a great social activity. It's all about finding the right group, though.

I mean, people are probably getting their tax returns back?

Lol.
I lol'd

TBF, she is a foreign girl - maybe board gaming isn't as ubiquitous here in Thailand (it isn't). Anyway, idgaf. I know I'm rad and no haters can keep me down.

I generally agree with this advice (if it works for you, fuck the haters lol), but given his previous posts it may not be working for him, so the advice might be worth a bit more... though it's hard to tell the validity of the advice given the information, so who knows.

Yeah, doesn't sound like it's working for him. From the posts, it does sound like he might be coming on too strong and forcing it. His whole attitude seems like "I need to talk to women, and I'm going to do it no matter what." I'm sure the truth is lying somewhere between what his impression of his actions is and what his friends' is.

Peltz

+skirt season+

My favorite time of year

tumblr_inline_omfukxeZVr1rb5pth_500.gif

Leeness

That's... pretty damn terrible. I wouldn't worry about it. The weather is getting warmer and men's hormones are just raging a bit harder than in previous months.

I don't even. Haha. It's just weird because it's never happened before!

Eh, i found an OKCupid account last week that had a woman basically advertising her "dirty snapchat" for a $15 buy-in. Aside from the bots going phishing, this probably happens a decent bit on these sites on the DL. Maybe Leeness has something in her profile that's like a hobo sign for these people.

I do not. :( Unless baking and Disney are signs for prostitution...?

@firstbold:
medium.gif

@secondbold:
this actually seems legit. Her studies are more important than you.

anyways, you're obviously not that important to this girl. Pack it up.

Yeah that is what i feel, she send me a text that is posible to do that project another day because her classmates aren´t sure of the date.

But i mean come on , i already made plans with my best friend to see the guardians of the galaxy and get drunk.

She still wants to go out another day but i don't know ,one side of me wants to go out and see her ,but another side got enough of that bullshit.

Yeah that is what i feel, she send me a text that is posible to do that project another day because her classmates aren´t sure of the date.

But i mean come on , i already made plans with my best friend to see the guardians of the galaxy and get drunk.

She still wants to go out another day but i don't know ,one side of me wants to go out and see her ,but another side got enough of that bullshit.

Aight, here's what you do.

You tell her you've made other plans and you're not changing them because she already said she wanted to work on the project.

Then you tell her if she's serious about meeting up to give you a time and a place. If not, no worries.

Be firm, be polite, but let her know you're tired of the maybe BS.

Peltz

Telltale signs. You're practically asking for it.
/s

You tell her you've made other plans and you're not changing them because she already said she wanted to work on the project.

Then you tell her if she's serious about meeting up to give you a time and a place. If not, no worries.

This is solid advice.

Salamando

Obviously. Baking is code for being baked, and how many Disney Princess stories involve a young girl meeting a man with lots of money?
Sleeping Beauty would have to be the worst motif for a prostitute. "I'm just gonna lay here and pretend to sleep while you do your thing"

I've been there countless times, so based in my experience, the best thing to do is to stop being available at any time she wants. Go see Guardians of the galaxy with your friend (damnit I have to go to see it too) and have fun, try not to think about her and tell her that if she wants to see you, she arrange something with enough time.

It's kind of sad, but most people tend to not appreciate somebody when they know they have it whenever they want. If she really likes you, she'll finally do something about it. If not, then pack it up cause it's better like that anyway.

EDIT:

he said it better. That's the logical thing to do.

Leeness

Telltale signs. You're practically asking for it.
/s

Obviously.

Obviously. Baking is code for being baked, and how many Disney Princess stories involve a young girl meeting a man with lots of money?
Sleeping Beauty would have to be the worst motif for a prostitute. "I'm just gonna lay here and pretend to sleep while you do your thing"

Hahaha oh my god. Sleeping Beauty nooooo.

When you wish upon a muffin,
Spring is here, it's time for stuffin'.

😂

Obviously.

Hahaha oh my god. Sleeping Beauty nooooo.

😂

Yo I heard you like Disney.

You could make me some money....

...I've got both Mulan and Beauty and the Beast pre-release original theater posters. I'll sell 'em to ya.

But yeah, EchoChamber a lot of people crave attention and like keeping people on a "leash" so to speak. Or people just don't care. I offer that advice because I've been in that situation many a time.

You want someone who makes you a priority, not a maybe. Sometimes people need to know that's what you're looking for though, as odd as that sounds.

Lazy

So been dating this girl for a couple of months. One on one, things are great between us. She often messages me after and says "thank you for another perfect date".

Our problem is in social settings when more people are around (mutual friends and acquaintances). When other people are around, things can be quite awkward between us in that neither of us can really figure out what to say. The conversation simply does not flow. Part of that is definitely me - I'm pretty introverted and have never been a social butterfly. Part of it, however, is also her. She disagrees that it is her, but she acts very strange when we are out in the open - for example, she stands far away from me when we are talking and she avoids eye contact if a third person is there (literally she will not turn and look at me). We seem to seriously lack chemistry when we're out in social settings and I don't know what to make of it.

This awkwardness doesn't happen all the time - we've had nice outings in groups. However, when an awkward moment does happen she tends to freak the fuck out and totally puts it all on me. I'm getting pretty tired of her attitude about this and a few other things, however, I always think back to how good things tend to be when we are one-on-one and decide to give it another go. And the physical side of things has been good as well.

We've fought about this a few times now and I'm just exhausted by it. Has anyone experienced awkwardness in social settings but good one-on-one time? Thoughts?

I'll buy it at a high price!

If you're serious, PM me. Beauty in the Beast hangs in my room as it's one of my favorite posters, but I'm moving away from collecting them and wouldn't mind scaling back my collection.

We've fought about this a few times now and I'm just exhausted by it. Has anyone experienced awkwardness in social settings but good one-on-one time? Thoughts?

Is she also introverted? Does she have an aversion to PDA?

It seems like on your own you guys are a good fit but once in social settings your introverted nature and her anxiety get the best of you both.

If it keeps happening you'll both have to figure out how to navigate it somehow, or you'll have to call it quits if it's a big issue for you.

Ozorov

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me
What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?

Lazy

Is she also introverted? Does she have an aversion to PDA?

It seems like on your own you guys are a good fit but once in social settings your introverted nature and her anxiety get the best of you both.

If it keeps happening you'll both have to figure out how to navigate it somehow, or you'll have to call it quits if it's a big issue for you.

She is introverted but not as much as me. Neither of us have an aversion to PDA - it's part of what makes our dates so great.

When I talk to her I tell her I see things like this as an issue to be worked through, but she completely freaks out about it and blames me.

I'm totally not blameless here, don't mean to imply that. Any advice for improving myself would be appreciated. Overall I'm just trying to figure out why she feels so uncomfortable and whether this relationship is worth trying to salvage or not.

She is introverted but not as much as me. Neither of us have an aversion to PDA - it's part of what makes our dates so great.

When I talk to her I tell her I see things like this as an issue to be worked through, but she completely freaks out about it and blames me.

I'm totally not blameless here, don't mean to imply that. Any advice for improving myself would be appreciated. Overall I'm just trying to figure out why she feels so uncomfortable and whether this relationship is worth trying to salvage or not.

How much time have you both been dating? I don't know exactly how is it, but I have been in a situation like this a couple of times, it will probably stop happening after some time, I wouldn't worry about it, sometimes people behave like that when they just begun to show in public dating someone. However, she shouldn't blame you about all of it if it's also her fault as you say. Yo should make her know that you don't like it, be honest and tell her that you don't like it, but be polite while telling her, she probably doesn't want to admit it but also probably doesn't mean to harm you.

I don't know how much time you both have been dating, but I presume that not much time. Just give her time, It will probably be fine. If it is still a problem in 2 or 3 months, then begin to worry.

I need help my friends

I dated like two times this girl and they went very well I was very excited to go to a third date but last week she said it wasn't possible because she used all of her money going out with their friends (I ask her out like 2 days before she told me that)

And now she is cancelling me again another date because she and her classmates are going to continue a university project the same day of our date (the date was going to be tomorrow)

I feel very frustrated because the last time I date her was in late March ( the first two weeks of April it wasn't possible to go out because around that time in our University is exam season)

So any advice will be helpful.

Also English is my second language so I hope it can be understood :p

Plan the rest of your shit without taking her in account. Like if you had dates and she cancelled all you do is continue planning your life and tell her she bailed on you the last 2 times so she can set it up you'll see how it works out on your end. Dont bother being the pursuer here.

Had a huge work week and was browsing the online dating site last night. Got talking to a woman and we met up within an hour of chatting. Needless to say, it was a good confidence boost.

I have a wedding today, so are now looking forward to that. Going in with a positive frame of mind and going to have a good time. The thing that became apparent to myself last night is that if I don't go looking for anything specific, it will remove the pressure I put on myself when chatting to a woman I like.

The woman at work who I like and asked for a drink has been good fun even though we have been under a huge amount of stress working on our project due this week. I still haven't set a date for our drink but she seems to like how slow we are taking it.

ATF487

It's been a weird week!

Had a date/one night stand with someone about six months ago. I liked her and we had a fair amount of similar interests, but the date was all over the place. I felt like we needed two beers in us before the conversation wasn't stilted, and then it was sort of a surprise when she agreed to come home with me. Sex was enjoyable but she bolted awkwardly afterwards. Never expected to hear from her again and didn't even think to contact her. Got a text out of the blue this week from her though, and she essentially said "yo let me know if you're DTF". Didn't reply...but I might?

Then today I got a reply to an OKC message I sent out last October. Surprised she got back to me!

It's been a weird week!

Had a date/one night stand with someone about six months ago. I liked her and we had a fair amount of similar interests, but the date was all over the place. I felt like we needed two beers in us before the conversation wasn't stilted, and then it was sort of a surprise when she agreed to come home with me. Sex was enjoyable but she bolted awkwardly afterwards. Never expected to hear from her again and didn't even think to contact her. Got a text out of the blue this week from her though, and she essentially said "yo let me know if you're DTF". Didn't reply...but I might?

Then today I got a reply to an OKC message I sent out last October. Surprised she got back to me!

It's the weekend. Get it, my guy. She remembers you enough to hit you up when she's in the mood.

I'm at a jazz festival as a volunteer VIP entrance bouncer and it's nice seeing all these couples having a good time. I'd be salty I haven't got any dates lined up but the Jazz is good and the food ain't bad.

Plan the rest of your shit without taking her in account. Like if you had dates and she cancelled all you do is continue planning your life and tell her she bailed on you the last 2 times so she can set it up you'll see how it works out on your end. Dont bother being the pursuer here.
The ball is in her court.
I texted her if she wants to go out she needs to ask me out, basically hahaha let's see what happens.

It's been a weird week!

"You betcha"

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So my bff wingmanned me last night at a party I wasn't even at. Dude adds me on fb. Fast forward to tonight we're on a blind date of sorts. What even. I've never done a "blind date" before.

Llyranor

It's not so bad. It's just like a regular date but you both have to wear blindfolds and try to manage to eat in the dark. The only really awkward part is when you put your hands in each other's face to get an idea of what you look like.

So, what's the problem? You can manage a conversation with someone for a few hours right? Go out, have a good time and maybe make a new friend or find a partner. Bail if it's not working out for you. Easy.

Xun

I had a first date arranged with a girl for next Friday, but considering she's taken a week to respond I assumed she lost interest. Before this there was a time she took 2 weeks to respond...

Is it bad I'm incredibly tempted to blow her off? There's another girl I've met before so I may see if she's free instead.

artsi

Already talked about it in online dating OT but matched with almost 40 new girls after resetting Tinder yesterday and I'm kind of overwhelmed, but at least there's plenty of dates coming up this week.

Today is coffee with a Swedish girl. I opened up a convo this morning, she suggested a date, I like this.

I had a first date arranged with a girl for next Friday, but considering she's taken a week to respond I assumed she lost interest. Before this there was a time she took 2 weeks to respond...

Is it bad I'm incredibly tempted to blow her off? There's another girl I've met before so I may see if she's free instead.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with her, look up another one who is more interested.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hello, I'm Joey and I'm almost 29!

After 3 years in an abusive relationship, and 6 months after breaking up (6 months of "abusive friendship", now I realize), I decided to get on Tinder. A friend of mine insisted it was the best thing ever, so I reluctantly agreed.

To my surprise, I matched with a girl a few days ago. She's... really nice, easygoing and laidback. She doesn't seem pretentious at all and we have a good few interests in common. She noticed I was being way too cautious, so she told me to get a coffee together. I'm meeting her tonight!

I can hardly believe my luck. I know I shouldn't be putting my all into this very first date, with the very first girl I meet. That'd be setting myself up for a heartbreak. And I don't even want to "get" anywhere today. I just want to talk and not worry about anything. To enjoy myself and the company of others. After almost 4 years of feeling like shit, this has to be one of the most liberating sensations in the world.

Sorry for the rambling, datingGAF. But I'm overjoyed and needed to share it with you.

Imagine if you treated her the way she's treating you. What do you think she'd do?

Hello, I'm Joey and I'm almost 29!

After 3 years in an abusive relationship, and 6 months after breaking up (6 months of "abusive friendship", now I realize), I decided to get on Tinder. A friend of mine insisted it was the best thing ever, so I reluctantly agreed.

To my surprise, I matched with a girl a few days ago. She's... really nice, easygoing and laidback. She doesn't seem pretentious at all and we have a good few interests in common. She noticed I was being way too cautious, so she told me to get a coffee together. I'm meeting her tonight!

I can hardly believe my luck. I know I shouldn't be putting my all into this very first date, with the very first girl I meet. That'd be setting myself up for a heartbreak. And I don't even want to "get" anywhere today. I just want to talk and not worry about anything. To enjoy myself and the company of others. After almost 4 years of feeling like shit, this has to be one of the most liberating sensations in the world.

Sorry for the rambling, datingGAF. But I'm overjoyed and needed to share it with you.

Good luck my dude.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Broke up with my girl.

She was out with some friends. (first time she didn't invite me out with this group of friends) I asked who made it out, and she listed some names, and said "This person brought my ex". (the ex that she was talking to that made us split the first time.) I was completely fine with this tbh, but I asked if he knew we were dating. She said no. So I asked her to tell him at some point if the oppurtunity presented itself. She got defensive, saying that I don't trust her. She told me that he knew that we've been going out a lot, knew I got her flowers like three days before, and knew we were going on vacation the week after. My response to that was "He knows all of that, which no one has posted anywhere, meaning you told him. But you won't tell him you're my girl" This started a big ol fight. I got 1-2 word responses all the next day, and then that next night she went out, I text her about the vacation, and I saw that she blocked me. I messaged her on snap, asking why she blocked me, and she read the message and ignored it. So the next morning she wakes up, acting like nothing is wrong. Said her friend blocked me on her phone, and she didn't realize because she was out drinking.

So I called it off. I'm the least shady dude ever, and I'll go to any length to make sure the other person in a relationship trusts me. I can't take all this stressful shit, especially when this was the dude I left the first time about.

Oh yeah, hey gaf, I'm back.

artsi

Broke up with my girl.

She was out with some friends. (first time she didn't invite me out with this group of friends) I asked who made it out, and she listed some names, and said "This person brought my ex". (the ex that she was talking to that made us split the first time.) I was completely fine with this tbh, but I asked if he knew we were dating. She said no. So I asked her to tell him at some point if the oppurtunity presented itself. She got defensive, saying that I don't trust her. She told me that he knew that we've been going out a lot, knew I got her flowers like three days before, and knew we were going on vacation the week after. My response to that was "He knows all of that, which no one has posted anywhere, meaning you told him. But you won't tell him you're my girl" This started a big ol fight. I got 1-2 word responses all the next day, and then that next night she went out, I text her about the vacation, and I saw that she blocked me. I messaged her on snap, asking why she blocked me, and she read the message and ignored it. So the next morning she wakes up, acting like nothing is wrong. Said her friend blocked me on her phone, and she didn't realize because she was out drinking.

So I called it off. I'm the least shady dude ever, and I'll go to any length to make sure the other person in a relationship trusts me. I can't take all this stressful shit, especially when this was the dude I left the first time about.

Oh yeah, hey gaf, I'm back.

You made the right call man, that sounds shady as fuck. Too bad it ended like that, but I think you missed a bigger bullet there.

Ray Wonder

You made the right call man, that sounds shady as fuck. Too bad it ended like that, but I think you missed a bigger bullet there.

Could have been much worse, so get out there and be more careful.

Yeah, I've had her blocked on everything for 3 days now. This all happened right before that. I'm gonna start moving on. As cool as she is, most of the time, there's just too much bullshit like this that comes with it.

Bright side is I'm gonna have money, time, and be able to go to sleep earlier now.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.

Keep the date, arrive a week late.

Ray Wonder

And to think, she almost had you trapped.

Glad you made it out.

That's the one thing I've been thinking about most. I was almost stuck with this person in my life for the rest of it.

When it ended before, the lyrics "Wondering if I dodged a bullet, or just lost the love of my life" always popped in my head.

Now, i know. Def dodged a bullet.

Then I get even more depressed because I'm pulling thought provoking lyrics from a Zayn Malik ft. Taylor Swift song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom