• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

Welcome back Ray, but more importantly...

You're all monsters for hating pineapple on pizza.

The true monsters are people who invite someone over for dinner, and get pineapple on all the pizza. Love whatever toppings you want to love, but please be considerate for those who might not share that love.

The true monsters are people who invite someone over for dinner, and get pineapple on all the pizza. Love whatever toppings you want to love, but please be considerate for those who might not share that love.

Truth. If you want to ruin a pizza, ruin one of them. There's no reason to ruin all of the pizzas in an order.

If you're an older guy dating a girl in her 20's they always break it off eventually
:(

I won't be surprised if it happens to me, too

Jokes aside though, I went a bit over the top for the sake of the laugh in my first post, not every pizza had pineapple, just 2 out of 4, and me going to dinner that night was pretty random, it wasn't planned at all, mi gf was like "oi! let's go to have dinner to my place, they are ordering some pizzas tonight!". Why not, I thought, silly me, what could go wrong when someone invite me to eat pizza for free?

They were very considerate and friendly. They seem to be good people.
If I ever have children in this family though they will feel ma wrath the second they put any fucking fruit in any kind of bread-made food.

Salamando

I'm 31. I'll date down to about 23-24 (likely to have some level of post-college stability) and up to about 33 (I want kids eventually, but definitely not within the next year). The "I'll have flings with..." range is much more open.

They were very considerate and friendly. They seem to be good people.
If I ever have children in this family though they will feel ma wrath the second they put any fucking fruit in any kind of bread-made food.

But tomatoes are a fruit...are you one of those heathens who eats pizza without Tomato sauce?

Leeness

SMH.

Ages...if I did date, nothing younger because I have younger sisters and it weirds me out, maybe 10 years older. -shrug-

I have a question for everyone what's your age and your age limits and why

I just turned 34. My unstated preference is 26-30. I'd date 25-32. Any younger, and I just think it'd be ridiculous -- I did date a 26-year-old earlier this year, and she was fantastic. Any older than 32 and the train choo-chooing into Kidtown is way faster than I might like.

Obviously, exceptions are made for fantastic people... but I can't imagine dating younger than 25. I just can't.

I follow the law of the land when it comes to the lower limit because I have no interest in kids or prison. As for upper limit, I can't say that there is a defined one; they just can't look matronly. I look young for my age and expect the same.

Fwiw, I tend to date girls in their mid-to-late 20s, but that's just how it works out rather than being some conscious scheme.

Welcome back Ray, but more importantly...

You're all monsters for hating pineapple on pizza.

If my date tomorrow night takes me for pineapple pizza I'm gonna fucking lose it
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just turned 34. My unstated preference is 26-30. I'd date 25-32. Any younger, and I just think it'd be ridiculous -- I did date a 26-year-old earlier this year, and she was fantastic. [bold]Any older than 32 and the train choo-chooing into Kidtown is way faster than I might like.[/bold]Obviously, exceptions are made for fantastic people... but I can't imagine dating younger than 25. I just can't.

This is my greatest fear. I'm 38, but still a giant child.

Joey Ravn

Banned

I'm 29. Technically? Lower limit is 18, of course. But in reality it's around 25. I don't know if I could date a girl younger than 20. Not because I don't think there are interesting 20something girls out there. But I feel that we would be in such different stages of life that it would be hard to find some common ground between us. She'd still be attending university, or possibly working in a rather menial job, and not thinking a lot in the future. Which is nice for that age... but I want to have kids and be a young father if I can. I don't want to wait until I'm 40, unlike some other men I know. My upper limit is around 33. 5 up, 5 down, more or less.

I'm 29, almost 30. I don't think I could date someone who is significantly younger than me, like below 25. My friend has a sister who is 22, and when I hear her talk with her friends I am confused. There isn't really anything I relate with.

I've always liked older girls. I dunno, maybe I'm into maturity or something. Or maybe I'm looking for someone who could be a mother to me.

Alright team. Need some help.

What's a good shirt style to wear to a dance lesson. I want it to look nice bit not too nice. It's fairly casual. And has to be functional too.

Kyne

Alright team. Need some help.

What's a good shirt style to wear to a dance lesson. I want it to look nice bit not too nice. It's fairly casual. And has to be functional too.

Untucked button up.

12e6feb44c7727cbde6328a6ccbc2f72.jpg

If you sweat a lot make sure it's a dark shade.

Broke up with my girl.

She was out with some friends. (first time she didn't invite me out with this group of friends) I asked who made it out, and she listed some names, and said "This person brought my ex". (the ex that she was talking to that made us split the first time.) I was completely fine with this tbh, but I asked if he knew we were dating. She said no. So I asked her to tell him at some point if the oppurtunity presented itself. She got defensive, saying that I don't trust her. She told me that he knew that we've been going out a lot, knew I got her flowers like three days before, and knew we were going on vacation the week after. My response to that was "He knows all of that, which no one has posted anywhere, meaning you told him. But you won't tell him you're my girl" This started a big ol fight. I got 1-2 word responses all the next day, and then that next night she went out, I text her about the vacation, and I saw that she blocked me. I messaged her on snap, asking why she blocked me, and she read the message and ignored it. So the next morning she wakes up, acting like nothing is wrong. Said her friend blocked me on her phone, and she didn't realize because she was out drinking.

So I called it off. I'm the least shady dude ever, and I'll go to any length to make sure the other person in a relationship trusts me. I can't take all this stressful shit, especially when this was the dude I left the first time about.

Oh yeah, hey gaf, I'm back.

And this is the girl you almost had a baby with whew, glad you're out of that mess.

gaiages

Banned
Thanks for the support, guys. My "date" went pretty smoothly. And by that I mean that we chatted and drank some coffee for about an hour. It was relaxed... I was kinda slow in my talk, but I think she enjoyed herself. Hopefully we can get another coffee this week.

Honestly, I'm panicking right now. I really hope she didn't think I was a bore and gives me a second date.

You'll be fine, don't overthink it. If she likes you you'll get a second date, if not then oh well, onto the next one :p

18, limit?
Underage girls arent my thing but I've got a soft spot for women at my age. (18-20)
For me Its like...the best time for dating haha.

28, my lower limit was 21, I guess my upper limit was 40? Any farther than that and that was getting too close to my dad's age.

I mainly just ended up dating right in my age group though (25-30). My SO is 29.

How's the tinder game age +30? Do girls fiend for the padded $ and status and potential early salt+pepper?

Yeah that's a healthy mindset

Can someone translate?

"Hi are all ladies over 30 gold diggers and will they suck my dick on the first date?"

Good job me for Googling salt and pepper slang at work, I'm sure that'll look good

Untucked button up.

12e6feb44c7727cbde6328a6ccbc2f72.jpg

If you sweat a lot make sure it's a dark shade.

MAKE SURE THE SHIRT IS MADE TO BE UNTUCKED. if your tails are showing you look like a fucking idiot. Look online for casual shirts from modern brands (uniqlo, h&m, all saints) to get a better sense of how the bottom should look. You could also buy whatever and have it tailored.

I'm 29. Technically? Lower limit is 18, of course. But in reality it's around 25. I don't know if I could date a girl younger than 20. Not because I don't think there are interesting 20something girls out there. But I feel that we would be in such different stages of life that it would be hard to find some common ground between us. She'd still be attending university, or possibly working in a rather menial job, and not thinking a lot in the future. Which is nice for that age... but I want to have kids and be a young father if I can. I don't want to wait until I'm 40, unlike some other men I know. My upper limit is around 33. 5 up, 5 down, more or less.

Same as you, although my lower limit is 23.

"Hi are all ladies over 30 gold diggers and will they suck my dick on the first date?"

Good job me for Googling salt and pepper slang at work, I'm sure that'll look good

I interpretted salt and pepper to mean hair color showing early signs of getting mixed :/

Need to read more urban dictionary

Would also like to just toss out to brotha man that no one, men or women, really wanna date a broke bastard who cant support themselves at all. Of course success is more attractive. Like duh.

Solo

I see some age discussion.

My GF of almost 3 years is 27 and I'm 34.

She was 24 and I was 31 when we met.

7 years difference but our maturity level, ambitions and values are about the same.

MAKE SURE THE SHIRT IS MADE TO BE UNTUCKED. if your tails are showing you look like a fucking idiot. Look online for casual shirts from modern brands (uniqlo, h&m, all saints) to get a better sense of how the bottom should look. You could also buy whatever and have it tailored.

Nothing at H&M fits me. Fucking blows. Most of the brands of clothes I like the look of are just not suited to my frame. RW&Co got that shit I love but 99% of the time cant wear 😢

If you have a regular frame it legit isnt hard to dress well. Don't wear your graphic tees on a date bruhs. Please.

vypek

I interpretted salt and pepper to mean hair color showing early signs of getting mixed :/

Need to read more urban dictionary

Would also like to just toss out to brotha man that no one, men or women, really wanna date a broke bastard who cant support themselves at all. Of course success is more attractive. Like duh.

This is the only interpretation I've had of salt and pepper as well.

Leeness

Nothing at H&M fits me. Fucking blows. Most of the brands of clothes I like the look of are just not suited to my frame. RW&Co got that shit I love but 99% of the time cant wear 😢

Don't worry, nothing works for me either. I've adapted the tried and true "throw shit on" because it doesn't really matter what it is, it all looks bad on me haha.

Don't worry, nothing works for me either. I've adapted the tried and true "throw shit on" because it doesn't really matter what it is, it all looks bad on me haha.

I'm sure you can find something with some more invested effort. I find I have to work really hard to find dress shirts and the like. I'm far too skinny for normal fit (its like an ocean in tje back). I'm too muscular for slim fit (the arms look extremely dumb) and most sports fit clothing just looks ugly. Also I'm taller so the arm length is an issue even if the fit is good.

Polo game isn't too bad though. Once I find a brand and fit that works, just buy like crazy if the price is good

Slow process but its doable. Summer is better cause shorts and tees is socially acceptable when its 30 degrees outside lol

31 - age limit is probably 10 years younger and 2-3 years older. But I prefer younger. Currently dating someone 5 years younger.

In all honesty it's more about the mental maturity than age for me. I celebrated turning 30 by dating a 20 year old for a few months and we got along super well (aside from her freaking out over college stuff and she wouldn't believe me when i said it wouldn't matter in the long run). Then I matched with a 21 year old later and talked with her for a bit but I ended up noping out of that pretty quick because she was very much on the immature side - and not like fart joke immature, but more "I'm going to go out and get plastered drunk on a weeknight and I work tomorrow you should join me I'm so glad you're a real man with a real job and not a whiny kid living with his parents" immature.

The "age is just a number" saying is kind of cliche but there are definite varying degrees of mental maturity. I've met 30 year olds I wouldn't date because they were less mature than 22 year olds that I would date. So...yeah.

Leeness

I'm sure you can find something with some more invested effort. I find I have to work really hard to find dress shirts and the like. I'm far too skinny for normal fit (its like an ocean in tje back). I'm too muscular for slim fit (the arms look extremely dumb) and most sports fit clothing just looks ugly. Also I'm taller so the arm length is an issue even if the fit is good.

Polo game isn't too bad though. Once I find a brand and fit that works, just buy like crazy if the price is good

Slow process but its doable. Summer is better cause shorts and tees is socially acceptable when its 30 degrees outside lol

Eh. I've tried before. I can't wear button shirts, shirts that hang, or tight shirts...sleeveless, nah. I just buy loose sweaters and leave it at that, hot or cold. Pants are either too long or too short, or fit in one place but not the other. I refuse to wear skirts/dresses because they look incredibly stupid on me. Long gave up on trying to buy bras at La Senza/Victoria Secret (though I found an amazing online retailer, they're just kind of expensive 😭). The only things that don't give me a problem are underwear lol.

I should just wear underwear.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
And this is the girl you almost had a baby with whew, glad you're out of that mess.

Yeah true

I still miss her though

Fuck feelings

He should have stopped here, the rest is overcompensating. "I'm old, but look how much money I've got" will get him either ignored for arrogance or attract the wrong kind of woman.

I mean hey, to be honest, if you're ugly in a lambo you'll probably get more swipe rights than if you weren't in one.

Eh. I've tried before. I can't wear button shirts, shirts that hang, or tight shirts...sleeveless, nah. I just buy loose sweaters and leave it at that, hot or cold. Pants are either too long or too short, or fit in one place but not the other. I refuse to wear skirts/dresses because they look incredibly stupid on me. Long gave up on trying to buy bras at La Senza/Victoria Secret (though I found an amazing online retailer, they're just kind of expensive 😭). The only things that don't give me a problem are underwear lol.

I should just wear underwear.

Personally speaking pants suck and if I am by myself they are not worn lolol. Sadly the world is not ready for that kind of lifestyle 😔

I mean hey, to be honest, if you're ugly in a lambo you'll probably get more swipe rights than if you weren't in one.

So you're saying the solution is to rent a Lambo for Tinder pic purposes?

slaifer

Neo Member
Update on that girl sending mixed signals: it's not gonna go anywhere.

My birthday party got pretty wild so didn't really seem a good occasion to ask her on a proper date. Last week I've been busy for most of it, last sunday I finally message her she mentions that she's busy for the next two days but that we could do it on the following weekend. She mentions she's going to a city where I've lived for a few years and I ask her what she's going to do there, this is when she says "my bf invited me to go there" and I'm like WTF.

The following is more or less the conversation we had:

Me: "Ah didn't know you had a BF, then I don't think it's appropriate to go out just the two of us since I was about to mention it would have been a date"

Her: "he's not really my bf it's nothing official but I've been seeing him for a while but we can still go out as friends if you want"

At this point I just tell her that a friendship isn't what I was looking for so we won't be going out anymore. She then replies that at the moment she can only offer a friendship.

Meh, won't hide that I'm a bit disappointed, she lives in my same building so I'll probably see her for another month or two until she moves out.

Maybe it's time to download Tinder.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
So you're saying the solution is to rent a Lambo for Tinder pic purposes?

Oh yeah, it'd definitely help. Rent a mansion, take random pics with all your rented cars. You'll get swipes, they'll just be mighty disappointed when they meet you.

Her: "he's not really my bf it's nothing official but I've been seeing him for a while but we can still go out as friends if you want"

At this point I just tell her that a friendship isn't what I was looking for so we won't be going out anymore. She then replies that at the moment she can only offer a friendship.

Well done test passed successfully, you didn't want to be the "back up dick" anyway. Keep going you'll find someone.

Oh yeah, it'd definitely help. Rent a mansion, take random pics with all your rented cars. You'll get swipes, they'll just be mighty disappointed when they meet you.

Mansion is kinda tacky. Top floor condo bruh 😎

PJ pants and yoga pants as much as possible. They still look like trash but at least they're comfy.

I bought 2 pairs of the comfiest track pants on boxing day. If I gotta wear pants and I am bumming around or going to the gym that's the only thing I wear. I have never worn anything so comfy.

Gotta wear shitty dress pants at work though. Worst.

Leeness

I bought 2 pairs of the comfiest track pants on boxing day. If I gotta wear pants and I am bumming around or going to the gym that's the only thing I wear. I have never worn anything so comfy.

Gotta wear shitty dress pants at work though. Worst.

Same. Yoga pants all day.

Dress pants are hard to find. I found some decent ones lately (petite! Not too long! Actually fits around my waist!) so I'm kind of stoked. Will probably buy these ones forever. Only problem is they are a tad too short so when I stand up, I look like I'm wearing flood pants before pulling the hems down. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom