• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're gonna get the teaser before December, Trailer 1 with Kong Skull Island in March, Trailer 2 with WW, and Final Trailer with something at the end of summer. Prepare accordingly.

Ashhong

You say that likes it easy. I suppose they could do a BvS and show something from every major scene in the movie in the trailers and not leaving anything in the way of a surprise.

I'm not as spoilerphobe as the rest of people so I didn't mind those. That being said, there's plenty of ways to cut a trailer without spoiling surprises.

I'm really curious, why don't folks count the SDCC trailer as a trailer or teaser?

I think someone said as much in an interview or maybe I'm mistaken. It was more or less what they could kinda put together in a cohesive manner with the 30ish days of filming they had completed up to that point.

Ross61

That JL trailer/highlight reel or whatever felt like it captured the tone of the JL/JLU cartoon and I'm very pleased by that.

Tabby

How much longer is the SS extended edition anyway, compared to the theatrical release?

It's not that extended apparently, it's pretty much just two extra scenes with some of them extended.

No Joker fight, no "I can't wait to show you my toys".

J_Viper

Leto is actually quite terrible in those new scenes. If the rest of his missing scenes are of a similar quality, I can see why WB wanted to scrap them.

Perhaps the blame can be placed more on the writing though.

strafer

So I rewatched SS on digital and it's still a disappointing movie.

I think Leto is a very talented actor but his portrayal of The Joker was wrong and he was to be honest wasted in this movie, they should not have included him at all.

My favorites are still Harley Quinn and Deadshot, the rest were not bad by any means.

Leto is the biggest miscast to date in the DCEU (we'll see how things shake out in JL). I don't think he's a particularly good actor, but got lucky with Dallas Buyers Club. Honestly, I don't even know what he's done prior to DBC that deserves praise.

firelogic

Leto is the biggest miscast to date in the DCEU (we'll see how things shake out in JL). I don't think he's a particularly good actor, but got lucky with Dallas Buyers Club. Honestly, I don't even know what he's done prior to DBC that deserves praise.

He was good in Requiem for a Dream.

WhiteWolf

Man, the first trailer (SDCC one) for Suicide Squad was so good, but maybe it was doomed from the start. I am still up for seeing more of Leto and what he can do, but it seems to me that they never pinned down how they want this Joker to act and were just doing a lot of experimentation on the set. I wonder if Leto is even going to be in Ben Affleck's Batman film.

Wife and I watched it and it was better with the extra scenes. That actual plot of the movie and action is pretty boring. The character moments, the shit that was cut, was the best part of the movie. This is coming from people who owns a bunch of Joker and Harley collectibles and named our cats Mistah J and Harley.

Platy

Hey DC people ... I like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman has some fun moments but ..... WTF HAPPENED TO SUICIDE SQUAD ?

Practically every character was butchered, even BATMAN ! Like he is the motherfucking batman he should have 3 times more info on flash and aquaman than waller.
Oh wait ... did I said flash ? BECAUSE I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO HE IS AND WHAT ARE HIS POWERS ?

What the fuck was that joker ? was that laugh laying near the knifes a sad or evil one ?
Who is katana and why she is not dressed in army gear ?
Who is ropeguy ?

I mean I know because I am a comic nerd but who are the MOVIE versions of these people ?
Dear god what a shitty movie

Ashhong

I think the biggest flaw of the DCEU so far is that it doesn't hand hold it's audience. It assumes the audience knows these characters. That's fine, it's an easy assumption to make. Everyone has seen Batman movies before. BUT that doesn't work if you are going to change them in ways that they have done in this universe. That's the problem with jumping into the universe as they've done instead of being like Marvel.

firelogic

I missed it the first time at the theatre but on second viewing I noticed the
baby clothes on the floor during the Joker laying on the floor surrounded by knives and guns scene. That gave more context to Harley's reaction to El Diablo's story as well as the fantasy she has towards the end. I wonder when, or if, they'll delve into Harley being pregnant with Joker's baby(ies) and miscarrying.
This has probably been discussed to death but I just noticed it tonight, hahaha.

Forgot to say I got a Gear VR with my new phone, and the Suicide Squad VR scene they had at Comic Con was available. Kinda cool but the action was really stilted. The Suicide Squad mobile game also has a VR version, and that was neat.

Ahh Suicide Squad. The movie that even DCEU fans hate. I just finished watching the extended version and having enjoyed the theatrical version, I enjoyed this as well. IMO this is a slightly better version but as with BvS if you didn't like the shorter version you probably won't find much here either and this is a far less of an improvement compared to the BvS extended edition. The strength of the movie for me is the characters and in this version everyone gets more character moments so thats a plus. I was completely fine with Jokers screentime in the original version so I wasn't disappointed with it here. TBH if I could change anything about SS I would change the entire plot.

Ahh Suicide Squad. The movie that even DCEU fans hate. I just finished watching the extended version and having enjoyed the theatrical version, I enjoyed this as well. IMO this is a slightly better version but as with BvS if you didn't like the shorter version you probably won't find much here either and this is a far less of an improvement compared to the BvS extended edition. The strength of the movie for me is the characters and in this version everyone gets more character moments so thats a plus. I was completely fine with Jokers screentime in the original version so I wasn't disappointed with it here. TBH if I could change anything about SS I would change the entire plot.

where is your avatar from?

So gentlemen and women, we are just one year away!

tumblr_mo1bpb31XT1sug50so1_500.jpg

364 days for me.

shingi70

Banned
I really get why Sucide Squad is so looked down apart at these places, I understand gaff because outside of PS4 and Marvel movies Gaf's tastes never align with that mainstream.

But man the way you guys talk in the DCEU thread as if it's some curse. Are you guys salty that's far and away the most liked of the three films, because all I saw was Sucide Squad cosplay this past Halloween and my local con (one of the bigger in the Midwest).

Like dude is up their complaining about character origins and how nothing is explained when Batman V Superman suffers from quite a few if the same problems. It's so weird beucase no one I know who saw the movie actually asked any of those questions and the only common complaint I saw was people not liking Leto Joker.

It is sort of a curse. Warners will learn the wrong lessons from Suicide Squad's success. And to be even more dramatic, we recently saw a director step away because he wouldn't fall in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom