• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

I want them to composite Hal and John into one interesting (black) character. Also, go super nuts with the constructs; I want a scene with a GL at the heart of a literal army of green glowing whatevers.

My biggest hope for the DCEU is all of the other Lantern Corps already exist and are established. Kyle can even already be the White Lantern, that'd be great. I would love for the GLC movie to be the War of Light, with a ton of Lanterns and constructs and insane action.

My biggest hope for the DCEU is all of the other Lantern Corps already exist and are established. Kyle can even already be the White Lantern, that'd be great. I would love for the GLC movie to be the War of Light, with a ton of Lanterns and constructs and insane action.

That would be fantastic. I don't know if I'd make Kyle an already established figure, though; he'd be a great audience surrogate. I want Hal/John to have joined a while ago, and already be an ultra-badass. Have the Sinestro split already have happened off screen, build up that history, and sell, really sell, the idea that just a handful of these guys are capable of policing all of known space. Just one should be reasonably capable of bodying an entire rogue spacefaring species. Go with that.

Yea I want them to already be established and doing shit in space as well. For as much flack as the DCEU gets for not having origin movies for everyone, I personally love the fact that we are getting thrust into a universe that already has a history. Really tickles the imagination.

I also love the set up of ancient humans, Atlanteans and Amazons already having fought Darkseid off.

We talking GL?

I've thought about it, but it'll make the comicheads mad. I envision getting rid of the stiffness of all of it.

A human wakes up naked in strange location with nothing but the ring on. They look around and everything is fantastical and alien. The person taken by Corps members to the main city and given the rundown. They're in space, on a planet called Oa according to the conclave's chief, Sinestro. The Guardians dont exist or left long ago, but the artificial planet still plucks people from across the universe. The trick is that none of them really know why they are there. The only history left lies in the planet's core where an oath is inscribed above a giant power lantern. Sinestro is the de facto leader and propagator of the military force known as the Green Lantern Corps, but the mystery still remains of what they were meant to be. The new arrival causes controversy because there has never been more than 1 individual from a single sector on Oa before. Did I mention the ring causes near-immortality? Hal Jordan has been around for hundreds of years (looking a lot like his Kingdome Come version), and -- although him and Sinestro are friends -- the glitch in the system will create a series of events that will lead to a galaxy spanning trek and violent faction split to finally solve the mystery of the Green Lantern.

The other human could be anyone, Hal is the only dude that matters. The point of all this is to make it more edgy, less last century (excise them blue bobbleheads) and allow space to glue in whatever intergalactic lore they have planned for this new DC universe.

Odoul

So everyone in the town just knows him? And they keep him secret since they respect him?

Seems like they're starving and he's feeding them. Goes a long way to earning loyalty.

Man of Steel implied everybody in Smallville knows about the Kent's boy too.

tim1138

That would be fantastic. I don't know if I'd make Kyle an already established figure, though; he'd be a great audience surrogate. I want Hal/John to have joined a while ago, and already be an ultra-badass. Have the Sinestro split already have happened off screen, build up that history, and sell, really sell, the idea that just a handful of these guys are capable of policing all of known space. Just one should be reasonably capable of bodying an entire rogue spacefaring species. Go with that.

I would keep Kyle as the White Lantern and have him show up at the end in a pivotal sequence, you've spent two hours building up these guys and how strong they are just wielding one part of the emotional spectrum, then out of nowhere comes the only person to ever master them all and help turn the tides. I'd use Simon and Jessica as the audience surrogates, you could introduce them in JL, do credits scenes or something, and keep their comics origins. Have Simon being illegally held in Gitmo and Jessica hiding in her apartment, and then boom, green rings pop up and intercut the scenes with "Simon Baz of Earth" and "Jessica Cruz of Earth" etc. They also need to remember Kyle is Hispanic for the movies.

I would keep Kyle as the White Lantern and have him show up at the end in a pivotal sequence, you've spent two hours building up these guys and how strong they are just wielding one part of the emotional spectrum, then out of nowhere comes the only person to ever master them all and help turn the tides. I'd use Simon and Jessica as the audience surrogates, you could introduce them in JL, do credits scenes or something, and keep their comics origins. Have Simon being illegally held in Gitmo and Jessica hiding in her apartment, and then boom, green rings pop up and intercut the scenes with "Simon Baz of Earth" and "Jessica Cruz of Earth" etc. They also need to remember Kyle is Hispanic for the movies.

Kyle being Hispanic seems like a lock.

I don't know about how you're proposing using him, though. Feels a bit deus ex machina.

And I dunno, it might be a bit much? I'm in favor of hitting the ground running, but dropping the entire GL corps + White Lantern Kyle + Jessica and Simon on audiences all at once miiiiiight be pushing things, lol. Especially since general audiences are going to be a lot less aware of GL stuff than they are of the Trinity.

We talking GL?

I've thought about it, but it'll make the comicheads mad. I envision getting rid of the stiffness of all of it.

A human wakes up naked in strange location with nothing but the ring on. They look around and everything is fantastical and alien. The person taken by Corps members to the main city and given the rundown. They're in space, on a planet called Oa according to the conclave's chief, Sinestro. The Guardians dont exist or left long ago, but the artificial planet still plucks people from across the universe. The trick is that none of them really know why they are there. The only history left lies in the planet's core where an oath is inscribed above a giant power lantern. Sinestro is the de facto leader and propagator of the military force known as the Green Lantern Corps, but the mystery still remains of what they were meant to be. The new arrival causes controversy because there has never been more than 1 individual from a single sector on Oa before. Did I mention the ring causes near-immortality? Hal Jordan has been around for hundreds of years (looking a lot like his Kingdome Come version), and -- although him and Sinestro are friends -- the glitch in the system will create a series of events that will lead to a galaxy spanning trek and violent faction split to finally solve the mystery of the Green Lantern.

The other human could be anyone, Hal is the only dude that matters. The point of all this is to make it more edgy, less last century (excise them blue bobbleheads) and allow space to glue in whatever intergalactic lore they have planned for this new DC universe.

I am in favor of maybe doing something with the Guardians, but idk about the rest of that. Blue bobbleheads whose entire thing is incompetence and arrogance will not be a great seller. The rest of the traditional Corps stuff isn't so objectionable, though.

tim1138

Kyle being Hispanic seems like a lock.

I don't know about how you're proposing using him, though. Feels a bit deus ex machina.

And I dunno, it might be a bit much? I'm in favor of hitting the ground running, but dropping the entire GL corps + White Lantern Kyle + Jessica and Simon on audiences all at once miiiiiight be pushing things, lol. Especially since general audiences are going to be a lot less aware of GL stuff than they are of the Trinity.

Isn't the White Lantern in and of itself a deus ex machina? Plus, that's kinda Kyle's thing, from being the Torchbearer, to Ion, to the only White Lantern ever.

And I know it's ambitious, but let me dream, we both know it's gonna be Hal and it's gonna be another stupid origin story.

Isn't the White Lantern in and of itself a deus ex machina? Plus, that's kinda Kyle's thing, from being the Torchbearer, to Ion, to the only White Lantern ever.

And I know it's ambitious, but let me dream, we both know it's gonna be Hal and it's gonna be another stupid origin story.

I mean, there's a difference between making him the White Lantern and just having him show up as one at a pivotal moment. That's the sort of power that's gotta be EARNED.

(BTW, do we know how/why he's the White Lantern again in the comics or are they going to go over that in Hal & the GLC?)

tim1138

I mean, there's a difference between making him the White Lantern and just having him show up as one at a pivotal moment. That's the sort of power that's gotta be EARNED.

(BTW, do we know how/why he's the White Lantern again in the comics or are they going to go over that in Hal & the GLC?)

Yeah I get it, I just love the idea of an established, lived in cosmic universe where the various corps have been warring for years and as a result Earth's Lanterns have been pulled away during the MoS->BvS->SS time frame.

No clue, I doubt they'll acknowledge any of the events of Omega Men in GLs or HJ&GLC. Has Kyle even appeared in since the HJ Rebirth issue?

Yeah I get it, I just love the idea of an established, lived in cosmic universe where the various corps have been warring for years and as a result Earth's Lanterns have been pulled away during the MoS->BvS->SS time frame.

No clue, I doubt they'll acknowledge any of the events of Omega Men in GLs or HJ&GLC. Has Kyle even appeared in since the HJ Rebirth issue?

Well, like I said, with some judicious Arc Welding, you can do a whole lotta stuff with the GLC without necessarily invoking the entire history of the Corps. Like, consider this: Earth's Lantern is going to be responsible for a not-insignificant chunk of the known universe, and up until Man of Steel, there was basically 0 actual need for them to go home. They don't even have to be dealing with galaxy-wide wars for that to be true, basically everybody else in the Sector is going to have more pressing needs than a single backwater pre-FTL planet. So, in my ideal scenario, Hal/John got recruited well before Man of Steel, and has just been that goddamn busy ever since. The initial Sinestro stuff has gone down, but beyond that, it's mostly business as usual... until, that is, Earth starts repeatedly popping up as a trouble spot, necessitating the recruitment of a second Lantern.

And man, that'd be a bummer if they just sorta pretend TOM (omg I just got that, Tom King The Omega Men) didn't happen, that was some good shit. Solid character development.

The sadness never ends... As if the latest Batman solo series wasn't already bumming me out. *hugs his Batman Telltale series harder*

Also, the Transformers teaser is confirmed to be coming out with Rogue One, so WB better plan on dropping the Justice League teaser/trailer soon.

Meh, we just had her last Batman movie. Don't really care to include her already, or ever really.....

No more catwoman please. There's so much more we haven't explored In the batverse

post-35593-you-make-me-sad-gif-Monty-Pyth-VrmD.gif

Platy

However, Barry's name and date of birth is unknown to Waller. I remember some posts over the internet about Flash's fingerless gloves and how he would leave fingerprints, but it seems that isn't the case. You can see his file in the image below.

HDtiRdU.jpg

On the other hand, Aquaman's real name and date of birth are known to Waller. Also, there is the word "ICELAND" written in a box of his file. Note that in Justice League trailer, when Bruce founds Arthur, everyone in the scene is heavily dressed and a shooting location of Justice League was Iceland (maybe I'm wrong, though). So, the Bruce and Arthur scene could be set in Iceland.

2l1Zqb5.jpg

So Batman will have to go full detective mode to find Barry but nobody would know because you it was shown on a 3 second Easter egg

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, I actually had a dream about Justice League last night.

I was in a room full of people, seemed like someone's big kitchen or something. All sorts of kitchen chairs and shit slapped together and everyone was going to watch the premiere of Justice League. It was a terrible movie and people actually stood up and left. Batman looked weird and there was a Flash with red hair? I don't even know what that means.

Two rows behind me sits Greg Miller and I yell "GREG MILLER, SAY SOMETHING" but all he can do is shrug in utter disbelief.

That was weird. Granted I was kinda wasted.

WhiteWolf

You should report your dream to one of those click bait websites, they would probably run with it. "Person has prophetic dream about JL sucking, is the DCEU doomed?"

If the movie had Wally West in it (red-head Flash) and you thought it was terrible I'm pretty sure your subconscious is trying to tell you to grow a sense of taste.

shingi70

Banned
Hot Take

Green Lantern Crops should be the Heroes Journey (Star Wars) meets a buddy dramedy. The Parallax thing happened and the Corp is decimated to only a handful of members left. Kyle or John is the new hope rookie, being trained by an older Hal Jordan show was once the greatest but is now a shell of him self. Actritous is the main baddie and the movie end with the corps coming back to full strength and Sinestro Corp coming in.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, turns out that me and a friend now say 'Snyder!' instead of saying 'cool'. Just started happening, and it's now an unwritten rule between us.

example: 'Oh, that's pretty fucking Snyder!'

The one political thing I'll say about BvS is that it's probably the only blockbuster in recent years to semi-reflect the current political landscape. Which is a sad coincidence as they wrote and filmed it two years ago.

BvS had all the pieces but they didn't click together.

Watchmen is the true masterpiece, and it's a film that will be remembered in 20 years, I don't think or feel the same about BvS.
sass2.png

What a great fucking Film, and it was R, fuck the PG-13 shit. It's exactly why the MCU as a franchise as Disco said has a low bar. all to appease the 'Kiddies'. I don't mind it but kid shit gotta take a backseat.

shingi70

Banned
BvS had all the pieces but they didn't click together.

Watchmen is the true masterpiece, and it's a film that will be remembered in 20 years, I don't think or feel the same about BvS.
sass2.png

What a great fucking Film, and it was R, fuck the PG-13 shit. It's exactly why the MCU as a franchise as Disco said has a low bar. all to appease the 'Kiddies'. I don't mind it but kid shit gotta take a backseat.

Comics are for all ages bruh, you make a rated R Superman film and you deserve to fail.

The ratings situation is weird. Nothing in the BvS UC struck me as worse than the Theatrical's PG-13 rating, yet it's R. A number of MCU movies could probably pass as PG save for some language; although I don't think there's been a fuck said in an MCU movie yet. It's nice to see Logan and others moving past PG-13, but on the other end, I could see Shazam passing as a PG film.

Penguin

The ratings situation is weird. Nothing in the BvS UC struck me as worse than the Theatrical's PG-13 rating, yet it's R. A number of MCU movies could probably pass as PG save for some language; although I don't think there's been a fuck said in an MCU movie yet. It's nice to see Logan and others moving past PG-13, but on the other end, I could see Shazam passing as a PG film.

Because ratings are such a strange thing

Like literally, I think that they showed more blood or really when Superman/Doomsday are impaled you see the object come out the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom