• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ADR job is poor but necessary when filming IMAX. What sucks is they didn't have IMAX scenes on the blu-ray. Seemingly only Nolan has enough sway to do multiple ratios for home releases.

For me, I think having a Batman that does not kill/cause collateral damage and even goes out of his way to ensure that there are no casualties makes his need to kill Superman more interesting. He feels so strongly about Superman being a threat that he is willing to break is rule and it could also add to the notion that he simply does not view Superman as a human being. Also it could give another dimension to the Martha scene, he last minute realizes he's about to become a straight up murderer for the first time. They wanted to make a Batman that is more brutal but it could have been achieved by just having him break bones or even torture a little. I dunno, its not a huge deal to me as I still fucking love this movie but if someone were to ask me what I would change, this would be it.

Holy fuck that was unexpected!

This is similar to how I feel. Batman does not kill, period. Sticking to that guideline could have elevated BvS' story that much more, but alas.

Loxley

Great pic. Not stepping in that OT tho. Guarantee it's the same people saying the same things.

Your hypothesis is correct.

I've just come to accept that any discussion related to the DCEU outside of this thread is going to be hot garbage regardless of what the specific topic is. Oh well, y'all are a more fun bunch anyway.

y1O0TR9.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
*Shrugs*

I don't get the hate for The Flash costume myself.
Me either. Like, it's not my favorite thing ever, but at the same time it doesn't affect me enough to want to make some hyperbolic comment on a message board how it's "the worst costume ever". It's totally serviceable as a do it yourself gen 1 costume that Barry has to make himself. It's supposed to defuse the high amount of heat that he generates. I mean, didn't they literally say he stole things from NASA to make his suit? I could've sworn I read that from when the press did their initial reports from their set visit.

I get the level headed complaints. And it always sounds like, you know, damage control when you say it's a scrappy suit he puts together. Folks defend the Captain America suit in Avengers because it's supposed to look bad, too. But people also complain when Spider-Man has a super slick costume he makes himself. Or complain when somebody else gives Spidey his costume. People complain about these things. That said, I do want him to get a proper suit for some action scenes.

I wonder if the old concept art is meant to be his prototype suit or his final suit. Or neither. Cyborg looks way different than this concept art.

Scene description from Comicbook.com about the EW pic:

Batman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman are in a Gotham City ventilation tower in this photo. It was a massive set built for an action scene. The group gets word of a parademon nest after a conversation with Commissioner Gordon and set out in Batman’s new four-legged Crawler vehicle (a formidable spider-like tank which can crawl up walls).
Digging their way through a tunnel to the ventilation shaft on (or near) Stryker’s Island, Batman’s Crawler uses various weapons to fend off ravenous parademons trying to attack them. Once inside, they find a massive horde of the creatures and fight their way out, including a sequence on a long and broken bridge outside of the shaft.
Eventually, the Crawler ends up buried in water as the ventilation shaft presumably ends up flooded. Cue: Aquaman’s entrance? It sure does look like someone made a surprising entrance by tossing Wonder Woman’s shield down there! In any case, concept art showed the three heroes standing on top of the Crawler as it became consumed by water.

Ross61

Don't know what comics those guys in the OT but Wonder Woman does not give off a 24/7 intimidating demeanor. Stuff like that prove those dudes know nothing.

This is a safe place.
Okay great, a place to actually discuss the films without being talked down and yelled at for not hating every second of the DCCU

And honestly, I like that they're a lot more ambitious and mature than Marvel films though it does suck to see them released in such flawed states and I think they could have some amazing movies on their hands if they spent their time being character driven stories rather than going for the CGI third act. Especially when they have such strong actors.
Chewiewe'rehome.gif

Okay great, a place to actually discuss the films without being talked down and yelled at for not hating every second of the DCCU

And honestly, I like that they're a lot more ambitious and mature than Marvel films though it does suck to see them released in such flawed states and I think they could have some amazing movies on their hands if they spent their time being character driven stories rather than going for the CGI third act. Especially when they have such strong actors.

Chewiewe'rehome.gif

Welcome. You'll fit right in.

Chewiewe'rehome.gif

Velcome to our lair of eeeeeeeeevil

Ross61

I wonder if that rumor of John's being the one to change the third act of SS is true. On one hand, that's a terrible sign. On another, John's is a writer who knows how to take criticism and adjust. He has his ears to the fans constantly and does constant research and that has definitely helped him as a writer over the years.

My next worry is about the Mother Boxes in JL. Normally Mother Boxes aren't that important. They are just super computers that also function as Boom Tubes and they're normally plentiful. For Steppenwolf to come looking for them must mean something dire is happening on Apokolips. Or something. I guess we won't know until his plans are fully unveiled.

I think Suicide Squad would've been perfect had they not had Enchantress+Tattoo guy and just did a story where Joker is running wild and causing shitloads of trouble, Batman is either busy or is just oblivious and they call in the SS to deal with him because of their criminal knowledge and connections while Harley plays both sides.
I loved the visuals and I liled the use of music although it got unnecessarily extensive and I generally really liked all the actors (Even Leto) but I think having such powerful supernatural forces working against fairly regular dudes (in terms of comic books at least) kind of puts you in a small corner of what you can actually do to achieve a happy conclusion.

I wonder if that rumor of John's being the one to change the third act of SS is true. On one hand, that's a terrible sign. On another, John's is a writer who knows how to take criticism and adjust. He has his ears to the fans constantly and does constant research and that has definitely helped him as a writer over the years.

My next worry is about the Mother Boxes in JL. Normally Mother Boxes aren't that important. They are just super computers that also function as Boom Tubes and they're normally plentiful. For Steppenwolf to come looking for them must mean something dire is happening on Apokolips. Or something. I guess we won't know until his plans are fully unveiled.

Mother Boxes are sentient, at least to a degree. They can be "special" ones if they want to write it that way. Maybe even make them Darkseid and Steppenwolf's personal ones. Or maybe one of them is Mister Miracle's and they want to hunt him down.

I think Suicide Squad would've been perfect had they not had Enchantress+Tattoo guy and just did a story where Joker is running wild and causing shitloads of trouble, Batman is either busy or is just oblivious and they call in the SS to deal with him because of their criminal knowledge and connections while Harley plays both sides.
I loved the visuals and I liled the use of music although it got unnecessarily extensive and I generally really liked all the actors (Even Leto) but I think having such powerful supernatural forces working against fairly regular dudes (in terms of comic books at least) kind of puts you in a small corner of what you can actually do to achieve a happy conclusion.

I would of been content with the same situation as the original comic and have them go after a terrorist cell. Though they would need the balls to pull that off in today's political climate.

I would of been content with the same situation as the original comic and have them go after a terrorist cell. Though they would need the balls to pull that off in today's political climate.
If it's like, middle Eastern terrorists I don't see any situation where they don't get in all kinds of trouble for that from fans, casuals and critics alike.

Meh, they kinda were, kinda weren't. The more modern incarnation of the Jihad, The Onslaught, was rumored for the longest time. I think that more grounded take would have worked better than fighting a supernatural threat.
Grounded yeah I agree but, with the state of the world and how controversial something like that would be I can't see it going over well with most people for various reasons.

Not that I'm against the concept but, now would be by far the worst time for that,

Like look at the flac battlefield 1 got for being violent at E3 simply because it happened near a massacre, now imagine if two months later a film about supervillains going to fight jihads and foil their plots was released? People would lose their shit.

Grounded yeah I agree but, with the state of the world and how controversial something like that would be I can't see it going over well with most people for various reasons.

Not that I'm against the concept but, now would be by far the worst time for that,

Like look at the flac battlefield 1 got for being violent at E3 simply because it happened near a massacre, now imagine if two months later a film about supervillains going to fight jihads and foil their plots was released? People would lose their shit.

Meh, Battlefield 1 also had the fact that it was an actual war with full on war crimes going against it. I think having a terrorist cell the Squad had to take down wouldn't have been too bad. Most modern action movies seem to be against terrorists anyway. That or Russia/North Korea.

Suicide Squad shouldn't have been about a world ending event. It should have been city sized at best. Tactical nuke or something.

I know we talked about this a few pages up, but it's another time when the rumors were far more interesting than what we got. When it was rumored to be The Onslaught and Ed Harris as the leader, I was jazzed as fuck What we got was a waste of the highest order.

Ross61

I know we talked about this a few pages up, but it's another time when the rumors were far more interesting than what we got. When it was rumored to be The Onslaught and Ed Harris as the leader, I was jazzed as fuck What we got was a waste of the highest order.
I thought Onslaught was rumored for the sequel. Didn't we already know it was going to be about Echantress and her brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom