• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

Had a brief trip into the OT thread. Pretty sure some of the people tearing into a single photo are the same ones who get pissy at even the slightest bit of critique of trailers from their own personal fave franchises.

Comic book film threads on GAF are embarrassing. I've seen better conversations on GameFAQs. I'm honestly done going into a single thread on that topic there because there's absolutely nothing of value being lost by not engaging in something I used to enjoy.

Firemind

Am I informed correctly that the first official JL trailer will release somewhere this weekend in part of the theatrical release of Affleck's Live By Night?
smiley42.gif

Ahasverus

Suicide Squad shouldn't have been about a world ending event. It should have been city sized at best. Tactical nuke or something.
Can't wait to see how they handwave WW, Bats and Flash absence for 4 days in a world ending, supernatural event.

Man they ruined SS so much, the original idea of it being about the first new Gods arriving on earth was grear.

Tabby

Can't wait to see how they handwave WW, Bats and Flash absence for 4 days in a world ending, supernatural event.

Man they ruined SS so much, the original idea of it being about the first new Gods arriving on earth was grear.

It was a contained event, Batman is the only one who knows about it.

strafer

Like I said in the review thread, he's allowed to have one director dud.

Look at his track record. It's flawless. I wouldn't worry too much.

H2wu7mv.png

41Smo9Q.png

QTnfmC2.png

BadAss2961

The critics will come around to Snyder in due time. I know they will. He makes excellent movies.
I agree that he makes great movies in this genre. But if critics were going to come around, it probably would've happened by now.

It's looking like Snyder won't be appreciated until he's long out of the picture, if ever.

Ninjimbo

I agree that he makes great movies in this genre. But if critics were going to come around, it probably would've happened by now.

It's looking like Snyder won't be appreciated until he's long out of the picture, if ever.
I think we should wait until after JL comes out before we arrive to the 'critics are out for Snyder' thing. The only real thing mainstream critics have against Snyder is that his films have been too dark as of late. If JL is a lighter film and a celebration of superheroes like Snyder himself has called it, then maybe it will get a good reception. I still maintain that BvS is a well made movie except that it's a movie that few people actually wanted which is why it got the backlash it did.

This is me fooling myself into thinking movie critics actually care about quality when making assessments about movies lol.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
What fantasy world do you guys live in, Snyder's style just ain't for everyone. Doubt that will change.

Ross61

If I take a peak in that Live By Night review OT, will it be full of Sad Affleck jokes/WB slander/ or "gloom" and" doom" about the Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom