• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

You know, if Warners were prepared to splash the cash and pay ol' JLaw her quote I reckon that she'd do it, I really do.

It's clear as day that she has absolutely no loyalty to the 'X franchise' and, by extension, Marvel and I think, in theory, she'd jump ship in a heartbeat.

Still don't want her here. There are a few roles that she can play in that I see actresses more deserving should have.

In WB related new, have you heard anything about that S.C.O.O.B. movie Busty?

Loxley

Arent Ben and Jennifer Connelly divorced now?

S'cuse me, you're thinking of Jennifer Garner. Affleck will have to fight me for Jennifer Connelly's affection.

1bhHimk.jpg

S'cuse me, you're thinking of Jennifer Garner. Affleck will have to fight me for Jennifer Connelly's affection.

1bhHimk.jpg

My man.

And JLaw is okay, but she has absolutely no business playing Catwoman or Ivy. Give her Babs or Steph. She cannot play a villain to save her life. They just HAD to make Mystique likeable in Xmen, and that's pretty antithesis of the character. All to fit Jennifer. No thanks.

Ashhong

All of the Jlaw movies of the last 5 years or so have been so lackluster. Her acting is very one note, and not even in an entertaining way. She just looks so bored all of the time.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever they get to play Catwoman should be about Ben's age. Ivy can be younger for all I care. Kate Beckinsale is still my #1 pick for Selina.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
still holding out hope for eva green or emily blunt for catwoman and jessica chastain as ivy.
I literally had those other names on my list for Catwoman, but took them out since they're 33 and 34 respectively. Didn't realize they were only in their early 30's. Totally not opposed to either playing the role, just think it's cooler if Bruce and Selina are around the same age for experience reasons.

Chastain for Ivy, yes please.

they can convincingly play an older age though, like they seem like they have the maturity of (or >>>) than Ben in the way they carry themselves.

Priyanka would have me sweating but shes a pretty weak actress.

Only person I could see killing it there would be Ruth Wilson. her alice on luther was dope.

Loxley

Natalie Dormer or Ruth Wilson would both fit the mold perfectly, but some of their other choices are pretty interesting as well.

As far as Catwoman goes, Lynn Collins (from John Carter) was my first choice for Wonder Woman before Gadot was cast, but I think she'd be a good fir for Selina as well. She's 39 too - so age wise she'd be a good match for Affleck's Batman.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If they play up the Harley/Ivy thing, then I'd definitely want them to be around the same age. I can see an older Selina kinda playing the tough love "mom" to them and keeping them in line. Selina would get pretty annoyed at their shit and have to rough them up a bit.

pretty scary that david ayer is gonna be the one to handle these characters for the first time in the dceu. not happy about that. hopefully the scriptwriter does a good job.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
pretty scary that david ayer is gonna be the one to handle these characters for the first time in the dceu. not happy about that. hopefully the scriptwriter does a good job.
If they give the writer more than 6 weeks to write it, I'm sure it'll actually be fine. Suicide Squad was just a series of stupid decisions all around. Shortened script development time, studio interference on tone, and taking away the final edit from the director. That was never going to work. If they actually learned their fucking lessons and let the screen writer and Ayer have the time to develop the movie naturally, I think the movie will be good to great. But really though, don't let Ayer design or have final say on the costumes for Ivy and Catwoman, pleeeeease.

Ashhong

Whoever they get to play Catwoman should be about Ben's age. Ivy can be younger for all I care. Kate Beckinsale is still my #1 pick for Selina.

Oh my god. I didn't know how much I wanted Kate until now. Ive never watched underworld so I don't know how her action is, but I love her so much in RomComs. She's gorgeous

In fact, going to watch Serendipity tonight. Aw yea

Beckinsale has literally been my first choice for Catwoman since the Batman Begins hype days.
And then I saw
latest

A while later and she became my Talia pick as well for a good while.(Stana Katic has since become my Talia pick since I saw that Librarian movie though)

Busty

Banned
In WB related new, have you heard anything about that S.C.O.O.B. movie Busty?

Not really, I don't really know anyone in the world of animation (and they tend to exist in different spheres from 'live action') but I do know that there's a feeling that SCOOB will be the Hanna-Barbera equivalent of Batman V Superman for Warners in so much as it will kick off a potential Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe by introducing other characters etc that can then be spun off.

I believe that this is also the plan for Looney Tunes with Space Jam 2. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this is the WB strategy moving forward for all their new franchises. I can see them doing the same thing with Dungeons and Dragons which Silverman was putting together before the studio cut him loose, I imagine he'll probably get to co-produce that now as part of his golden parachute producing deal.

Oh, and apparently the Hanna-Barbera films will be fully CG animated while the potential Looney Tunes films will be all be a mix of live action and CG animation a'la Space Jam in an effort to keep the 'brands separate'.

But with Emmerich in now I'm not sure how firm any of those plans are.

Ross61

Not really, I don't really know anyone in the world of animation (and they tend to exist in different spheres from 'live action') but I do know that there's a feeling that SCOOB will be the Hanna-Barbera equivalent of Batman V Superman for Warners in so much as it will kick off a potential Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe by introducing other characters etc that can then be spun off.

I believe that this is also the plan for Looney Tunes with Space Jam 2. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this is the WB strategy moving forward for all their new franchises. I can see them doing the same thing with Dungeons and Dragons which Silverman was putting together before the studio cut him loose, I imagine he'll probably get to co-produce that now as part of his golden parachute producing deal.

Oh, and apparently the Hanna-Barbera films will be fully CG animated while the potential Looney Tunes films will be all be a mix of live action and CG animation a'la Space Jam in an effort to keep the 'brands separate'.

But with Emmerich in now I'm not sure how firm any of those plans are.

Dax Shepard being the co-director on S.C.O.O.B. kinda scare me even with Tony Cervone being the other director. Plus that Matt Lieberman dude who supposed to be the scriptwriter but only credit is a straight-to-dvd Dr. Doolittle movie isn't the most comforting. I don't know, I felt like their animation division, WAG, was usually on point with picking the right creators for these films. Looking at the directors for the other films like the Lego series or their original films, they were on point. Like Mark Osborne for Bones or Paul King for Meet The Beatles were damn near perfect choices. Shepard must've wowed them for them to stick him on a money maker with HIGH potential like Scooby Doo almost instantly.

And they're planning to make the Looney Tunes movies like Space Jam/Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That sounds weird but could work. I still don't have the faintest idea if Space Jam 2 can function as a good film, although the creative team behind it are way better than the first. And I also feel like Lebron is a better actor than Jordan was. I wish WB the best if they can pull it off.

I like Dax Shephard a lot. I'm rooting for him to succeed with Chips (him and Michael Pena sounds like a dope combo) and Scooby Doo. Everything being a cinematic universe sounds pretty god awful but I think it has potential for Hanna Barbera films at least.

Ross61

Man, 2016 was not Ben Affleck's year. His brother is having a seemingly better year despite the arise of attention to his accusations.

Sambrez_

So... For me, Superman needs to do the biggest come back in the history of the cinema, saving the entire league, out of nowhere, with the Williams theme if possible.
And only after that we get the explanation on how he resurrected.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So... For me, Superman needs to do the biggest come back in the history of the cinema, saving the entire league, out of nowhere, with the Williams theme if possible.
And only after that we get the explanation on how he resurrected.

Why use the inferior theme.

Smh.

Loxley

The only retired superhero theme that needs to make a comeback at this point is Elfman's Spider-Man theme, and that's only because a good alternative hasn't been presented yet.

I love the Williams theme as much as the next Superman fan, but it's from another era and isn't a good fit for this new, more 21st century version of the character.

rWqyHSI.gif

Sambrez_

Yeah, I know that it didn't worked well with Superman Returns as there were disjointed links between old themes and new ones.
But when he comes back, the music must be perfect, like maybe a new powerful theme that will go with the new version of the character.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I know that it didn't worked well with Superman Returns as there were disjointed links between old themes and new ones.
But when he comes back, the music must be perfect, like maybe a new powerful theme that will go with the new version of the character.

Yeah, my theme u bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX3coWDnTrU

The only retired superhero theme that needs to make a comeback at this point is Elfman's Spider-Man theme, and that's only because a good alternative hasn't been presented yet.

I love the Williams theme as much as the next Superman fan, but it's from another era and isn't a good fit for this new, more 21st century version of the character.

rWqyHSI.gif

There is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOv0T_zfaDI

Ninjimbo

Zimmer's theme is better than Williams. Let's just get that out of the way for now. I would like to say it's close but it's really not and the 1976 Superman is corny as all hell.

And Gal looking great as always. We're only a few months away now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Williams theme is the goat. I think you can use both pretty well.

Williams theme is all about Superman in it's full glory and kinda corny. New one starts out small as representing Clark Kent, slowly building and then goes all out with a tone of optimism and grandeur. As well as being really heroic. It fits the new version so much better.

No, Superman and Batman need Shirley Walker's themes back.
Even villains had legit themes from her,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyYs9PcfjV4 literally anytime I think of Catwoman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkuNKr66lB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWDuveE0wBM every superhero movie wishes it had themes 1/3rd as memorable as those.

shingi70

Banned
Williams theme is all about Superman in it's full glory and kinda corny. New one starts out small as representing Clark Kent, slowly building and then goes all out with a tone of optimism and grandeur. As well as being really heroic. It fits the new version so much better.

https://youtu.be/ebXB0lBoaQ0

I like the cheesiness of the Williams theme. I think Superman should be optimistic since he's a character that Clark plays to do the things that Kent can't, just like Clark can do things that the man of steel can't

guek

Banned
Zimmer's ASM theme was garbage.

The Williams Superman theme will always be the most iconic superhero theme, on par with Elfman's Batman theme, but both should remain in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom