• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's god tier but more for a bygone era. unless a superman movie were made as a period piece in the 50s (that would be really cool tbh) it should take a break.

maybe drop a few notes in as homage when superman revives. I would be up for that.

anyways this:
https://youtu.be/dbuBG1lqiU8?t=1m8s

from the man of steel soundtrack might be the best piece zimmer has given to both man of steel/bvs. god damn he captures the first contact alien vibe and merges it with epic bombast so damn well. one of the gawds for sure.

edit: man that star wars force awakens trailer was so freaking hype.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Zimmer's ASM theme was garbage.

The Williams Superman theme will always be the most iconic superhero theme, on par with Elfman's Batman theme, but both should remain in the past.

Lol gtfo, that theme was great.

Also no, man you certainly love cheesy stuff. Yikes.

I don't know what Zimmer was thinking with ASM2. He had Horner's pretty great theme as a jumping off point and made a mess of it. In interviews he talks about playing into Spider-Man's youth, which somehow translated into electronic sounds and the occasional dubstep.

In Lone Ranger, Zimmer had a master class in incorporating the classic William Tell Overture theme into something modern. If he stayed on I'd love to hear him do it with John William's Superman theme.

https://youtu.be/dc8rANdYPSg

Penguin

I'm sure they weren't gonna say the movie was a mistake, but

C0TV_IrVEAA3uVT.jpg:large

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...ms-what-happened-between-george-clooney-david

I'm sure BvS made less and Suicide Squad made more. Wish it were the opposite but it's funny how some twist Suicide Squad into a commercial failure. Without China and a smaller budget it nearly outperformed GotG.

From Warner's 2017 movie press kit

Director: Zack Snyder

Writers: Story by Zack Snyder & Chris Terrio, Screenplay by Chris Terrio (Based on characters from DC Entertainment, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster)

Producers: Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns

Executive Producers: Jim Rowe, Wesley Coller, Curt Kanemoto, Chris Terrio, Ben Affleck

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Raymond Fisher, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielson, J.K. Simmons

Action Adventure. Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Along with Affleck, Terrio is an executive producer (sort of meaningless title). Terrio also has sole screenplay credit. Eisenberg and Connie Nielson are in.

Along with Affleck, Terrio is an executive producer (sort of meaningless title). Terrio also has sole screenplay credit. Eisenberg and Connie Nielson are in.

I expected Eisenberg but Nielsen is a surprise. Glad to see she won't be used solely for WW. Hope it's not just for a flashback.

Who knows how much you can read into these things but we have an idea of how little JK Simmons is in the movie. So no Amber Heard on that list makes me wonder how small Mera's role will be, when Dafoe's Vulko, the other atlantean, is on there.

Who knows how much you can read into these things but we have an idea of how little JK Simmons is in the movie. So no Amber Heard on that list makes me wonder how small Mera's role will be, when Dafoe's Vulko, the other atlantean, is on there.

Didn't he say he was only there for a handful of days to film his part -- speaking of Simmons.

J_Viper

Terrio on board as an Exec Producer is surprising only because I had figured his original script would have been torn up by now

If he was involved in whatever changes were made, that makes me happy.

Also, that press release has me thinking the chances of a teaser dropping by years end just increased.

By one percent.

Terrio on board as an Exec Producer is surprising only because I had figured his original script would have been torn up by now

Also, that press release has me thinking the chances of a teaser dropping by years end just increased.

By one percent.

To one percent I presume.

I don't think it's going to theaters right away, I think Snyder drops it and then they worry about getting it rated. People make it seem like it's a month long process to get rated and distributed.

By one percent.

Deep down I wish Terrio and Snyder make the movie they originally intended. The lighter tone of JL will be seen as a reaction to BvS, and to a degree, it is. But before its release Terrio and the producers specifically said the arc was leading to a lighter JL. Hence the silly "Dawn of Justice" subtitle. They were even using the cliche Empire Strikes Back comparison. To its credit, it made better on that than most.

Ashhong

Watched Superman vs The Elite yesterday and now understand the issue people have with DCEU Supes. It's a pretty big difference. I love this Supes, but I get it now.

Also, that moment when he went Super Saiyan was pretty badass.

Watched Superman vs The Elite yesterday and now understand the issue people have with DCEU Supes. It's a pretty big difference. I love this Supes, but I get it now.

Also, that moment when he went Super Saiyan was pretty badass.

Superman vs. The Elite was the fucking BEST. So goddamn good.

Personally, I don't at all mind the way they're handling the DCEU Superman, though. They're trying to make him earn the kind of status that he had in Vs. The Elite. I do feel that that mine has been pretty much tapped out at this point, though-- he's earned his place, time to make him the ideal.

IconGrist

Personally, I don't at all mind the way they're handling the DCEU Superman, though. They're trying to make him earn the kind of status that he had in Vs. The Elite. I do feel that that mine has been pretty much tapped out at this point, though-- he's earned his place, time to make him the ideal.

Yea, my problem is people want to see prime Superman from the get go. I don't. I want to see that journey so that I understand why he makes the decisions that he makes. What he does is in MoS and BvS is very blunt. He saved people with no regard for how anyone else would take his actions. Prime Superman is a bit more complex in his methods. I don't want prime Superman without the history of how he got there.

Ashhong

Didn't know he could get that strong. Dude became all powerful! Projecting his voice and shit like god. Crazy

Really glad to see Johns in the producers list.

On the characters of the movie:
Mera, Vulko, Iris West, Comissioner Gordon, Lois and Luthor will appear, so I think they want to show the background of each member of the league. That's a very good thing.

It's shocking how much of BVS and CW are CGI. I couldn't telll

The best is seeing one of these effects reels for movies you didn't even realize had CGI in them at all. I remember watching Zodiac and then seeing an effects reel years later and found out some of those scenes are literally Ruffalo, a car, and blue screen on a sound stage. It blew my mind.

Raptor

Williams Superman theme could've definitely worked if it was edited in a modern way instead of changing it completely with Hans Zimmer.

Star Wars for example:

Old version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0ZQPqeJkk

New version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcegZZfjx4U <----So fucking good.

Even though they still use the old version when opening up both Episode 7 and Rogue One.

I absolutly agree with you, that new retouched version sounds more punchy and powerfull.

Thats why I imagined a better movie than what I got.

Penguin

I'm sometimes reminded of how people believed the cat people were the only CG elements in some of Avatar's scenes. Often we handwave wonky CGI like Doomsday or Spider-Man but there's so much we don't realize isn't real.

The best CG is the one you don't notice... which is sadly why the ones people always recognize are the shoddy shots/characters

Subitai

Whoever they get to play Catwoman should be about Ben's age. Ivy can be younger for all I care. Kate Beckinsale is still my #1 pick for Selina.
Pearl Harbor reunion? Also, she appears younger than she is. She could definitely handle the action, and that would be enough for me.

strafer

This all sounds like shit. Why do they even bother anymore.

Snyder is a hack and shouldn't be allowed to make movies.

Do you guys think Gotham City Sirens will be the first Rated R DC movie? The movie will definitely be sexualized to no end. There is no way this a movie for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom