• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
So what comic book movies do you folks like?

lexkaEo.jpg

Ninjimbo

I like a lot. I love a lot.

Recently I saw Ghostworld again. Its weird that a movie has that so much to say about contemporary life and the decline of western society has its roots in some little known comic book. If you guys haven't seen it, give it a shot on a rainy afternoon.

Scarjo and Thora Birch would have made for a cool Ivy and Selina combo.

Eh Maybe fucked up.

Don't believe his lies, forever.
I'll only believe your lies from now on.

Tabby

Man of Steel and The Dark Knight are both up there.

Batman v Superman was probably the best superhero movie that came out this year though that's not saying much considering everything was below average/not worth remembering.

I haven't seen that much comic book movies though. I hated Scott Pilgrim, Kick-Ass was alright, I liked Kingsman.

bryanee

In no real order.

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
X-Men Days of Future Past and First Class
Dredd
BvS
Man of Steel
Ant-Man
Winter Soldier
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (first one)

And many, many, many of the animated DC flicks.

Raptor

In no real order.

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
X-Men Days of Future Past and First Class
Dredd
BvS
Man of Steel
Ant-Man
Winter Soldier
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (first one)

And many, many, many of the animated DC flicks.

I like your list, Id swap Antman for GoTG and that would be mine probably.

Ninjimbo

BvS is in my top three of superhero flicks alongside TDK and Watchmen. Seeing all those gifs make me want to see it again.

Stop posting BvS gifs!

Spider-man 2 is only okay? Fucking hell, am I the only sane discord mod?

Actually I tried to step down from my mod position, but some intelligent girl wouldn't let me. Now I'm stuck with these lunatics.

Theoretically speaking, if my favorite comic book movie of all time is the original Raimi Spider-Man, will I get kicked out of DCEU Gaf? I'm asking for a friend.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I hate how little physical presence Lex has in the DCEU. I guess he's good at basketball tho?

Man, Snyder just can't win with you whiners can he.

"OMG SNYDER U DUMB PRICK, BRAINS OVER MUSCLE POWER YOU IDIOT. LEX IS ALL ABOUT INTELLIGENCE, HE LOOKS LIKE A ROIDED UP WRESTLER, UGHHHH".

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe you'd be right if he was being played by John Cena

Let's be honest, most people would be bitching regardless of who Snyder picked because Snyder picked him.

This. Especially if he went with a buffer Luthor.

Stop whining.

I'm a DCEU fan, I have to.

e3f04ad5-6430-4309-863d-831f094851af.jpg

He's the living embodiment of the DCAU Luthor

But no, let's cast him in a movie that'll never be made

He sucks, so good thing.

e3f04ad5-6430-4309-863d-831f094851af.jpg

He's the living embodiment of the DCAU Luthor

But no, let's cast him in a movie that'll never be made

No THIS was the epitome of the DCAU Luthor. I believe they actually based it off of him too.

telly_20.jpg

But unless they're gonna CG that shit, which would be awful, we're sticking with Jesse.

I still hold that he can do a damn fine Luthor like the comics, or close enough, but he would have to be written that way.

Edit: Oh you said living, eh whatever. Poist still holds.

IconGrist

Eisenberg's Lex was the single best element of BvS. Some of you will just have to accept you're really not keen on what what makes Luthor, well, Luthor. If anything it was Luthor's final scenes that stepped out of the character. Everything prior to the Doomsday battle was pretty much the definitive Luthor.

WhiteWolf

Eisenberg's Lex was the single best element of BvS. Some of you will just have to accept you're really not keen on what what makes Luthor, well, Luthor. If anything it was Luthor's final scenes that stepped out of the character. Everything prior to the Doomsday battle was pretty much the definitive Luthor.
My girlfriend and I both liked Eisenberg a lot. He killed it in that rooftop scene too, so good.

He wasn't the definitive Luthor. He could make everybody to do what he wanted them to do, he was a top tier scientist, he had his comic book counterpart's motives, he was very close to the source material in general, sure, but he wasn't as serious he should be. I hope we see the serious Luthor in Justice League.

I didn't mind Eisenberg much, he was an interesting mix of crazy mad scientist Lex and darker businessman Lex, but he was far from an iconic take on the character. He gets better in the UC, and I hope they do more stuff with him in the future, but he was far from perfect.

Scenes like this are more classic Lex than anything in BvS

guek

Banned
Let's be honest, most people would be bitching regardless of who Snyder picked because Snyder picked him.

Eh, most people bitched about Affleck when he was cast then promptly shut up when he was the best part of BvS. The same did not happen for Eisenberg for pretty obvious reasons.

Eh, most people bitched about Affleck when he was cast then promptly shut up when he was the best part of BvS. The same did not happen for Eisenberg for pretty obvious reasons.

The thing is, Eisenberg wasn't the problem, some of the stranger takes on Lex in the script were. Make him a bit less manic, and that solves a lot of the problems.

guek

Banned
The thing is, Eisenberg wasn't the problem, some of the stranger takes on Lex in the script were. Make him a bit less manic, and that solves a lot of the problems.

Oh I totally agree. At the end of the day, I blame Snyder more than Eisenberg. Jessie is a good actor who was acting as instructed. When I say he has very little presence, it's not just his actual physical build. Small guys can be shot to come across as intimidating and with a demanding presence, he just wasn't shot or written that way.

IconGrist

He wasn't the definitive Luthor. He could make everybody to do what he wanted them to do, he was a top tier scientist, he had his comic book counterpart's motives, he was very close to the source material in general, sure, but he wasn't as serious he should be. I hope we see the serious Luthor in Justice League.

This is a matter of personal taste. Considering how many people Luthor straight up murdered without hesitation he seemed pretty serious to me. Look at the way he tossed Lois off the top of his building. Almost like it never even occurred to him what would have happened had Superman not been there. And look at the cards Lex was holding. It wouldn't have even mattered.

I didn't mind Eisenberg much, he was an interesting mix of crazy mad scientist Lex and darker businessman Lex, but he was far from an iconic take on the character. He gets better in the UC, and I hope they do more stuff with him in the future, but he was far from perfect.

Scenes like this are more classic Lex than anything in BvS

A lot of people confuse "iconic" with "quality" or even something as simple as "the usual". As Cretan mentioned above all of Lex's unique traits were pretty much in play. What people seemed to have a problem with is Eisenberg's Lex being playful.Which is demonstrated above in the brief convo between guek and yourself. I also heard complaints based on Eisenberg's size but his size juxtaposed to Henry Cavill's actually works for the dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom