• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykoboy2

New shirt available for 24 hours at Ript Apparel:

image_f1df55b2-3420-44bf-8ea7-0fda847ef875_680x680.progressive.jpg

This year has to be it, the fate of the DCEU rests in WW and JL.

I'm afraid to get my hopes up for WW.
I got a little hyped up for SS, and even though I wasn't completely let down (it was entertaining for the most part), I was not satisfied.
I want to go into WW with expectations in check and hopefully come out pleasantly surprised.

I'm not even thinking about JL at this point.... have to get past WW first.
DCEU has no good will built up yet, but I'm willing to keep giving them chances. I think I'm really just giving passes where necessary till The Batman, and if that doesn't win me over... then the I don't know what they will do with the DCEU.

maybe that's why they are saving the Flash movie for later. Just in case they need to "flashpoint" the DCEU into a soft reboot/retooling.

I think i'm gonna go on media blackout for Justice League. I know we've yet to have even one proper trailer...but I think i'll enjoy it much more going in completely blind.

Loxley

I'm....I'm feelin' good about this year guys, WW and JL will finally be the movies we need :D

Come on gang, who's with me???

kuTJqA2.gif

Cheebo

Banned
It is intriguing that the Fandango top anticipated films of 2017 poll they do (which gets a lot of industry attention and backing each year) had Wonder Woman ahead of Justice League. Curious if that actually plays out at the boxoffice, Justice League may be seen as more of a sequel to BvS which could hurt compared to Wonder Woman.

Most Anticipated Movie (in descending order):
Star Wars: Episode VIII
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
Disney's Beauty And The Beast
Wonder Woman
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Justice League
The Fate Of The Furious
Fifty Shades Darker
Logan
Despicable Me 3
http://deadline.com/2016/12/most-anticipated-movies-of-2017-fandango-1201876757/

It is intriguing that the Fandango top anticipated films of 2017 poll they do (which gets a lot of industry attention and backing each year) had Wonder Woman ahead of Justice League. Curious if that actually plays out at the boxoffice, Justice League may be seen as more of a sequel to BvS which could hurt compared to Wonder Woman.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/most-anticipated-movies-of-2017-fandango-1201876757/

We haven't seen anything from Justice League. Hard to judge it when Wonder Woman has trailers playing in theaters.

Speaking of trailers and Justice League, I didn't feel Warners would try to attach it to Live By Night when others floated the possibility, but I've seen a pretty good amount of TV ads for the movie in the past two weeks. So it seems they are pushing it hard and now I could see them doing it.

Cheebo

Banned
Live By Night is looking to be a box office dud, early buzz is the movie is pretty awful. I doubt they will attach it to that.

Live By Night is looking to be a box office dud, early buzz is the movie is pretty awful. I doubt they will attach it to that.

Sure isn't stopping them from pushing it hard as fuck on TV. I've been watching TV for an hour, I've seen two commercials and a "this game is presented by" bit already.

I already liked a lot the DCEU movies, so I'm positive for the next movies. I'm curious to see who will be the director of Justice League 2, though. Also, I hope there will be a new JL trailer in January, I really want to see Flash in action.

Anecdotally, people seem really into Wonder Woman, from the trailers and her brief appearance in BvS. In truth I don't entirely understand it. Not because I'm on the opposite end where I'm sayings she's a bad actor from her face in photos and that whole weirdness. But there isn't enough there for me to form an opinion. Sort of feel the same about Spider-Man Homecoming where I'm a fan of the character but the trailers were OK.

Also, anecdotally, I wouldn't be surprised of GotG2 is the highest crossing of the comic movies this year. People really love that first one and it seems like the excitement is there for this new one based on the trailer response.

firelogic

Anecdotally, people seem really into Wonder Woman, from the trailers and her brief appearance in BvS. In truth I don't entirely understand it. Not because I'm on the opposite end where I'm sayings she's a bad actor from her face in photos and that whole weirdness. But there isn't enough there for me to form an opinion. Sort of feel the same about Spider-Man Homecoming where I'm a fan of the character but the trailers were OK.

Also, anecdotally, I wouldn't be surprised of GotG2 is the highest crossing of the comic movies this year. People really love that first one and it seems like the excitement is there for this new one based on the trailer response.

I'm not sure GotG2 will be able to outgross an Avengers movie.

Ninjimbo

I just hope there's depth in WW. If it's just some decently made blockbuster, I'll be disappointed. Wondy deserves a good film that stands the test of time.

Justice League trailers will hype you the fuck up and everybody. And then the movie is out. Darkness. Hello, my old friend.

I just want to say that The Flash's outfit looks way better on TV. That armored suit with the bubble shoulders is not a good look. Everyone else looks good though.

But if the JL trailer gives me the same vibes as BvS, I will certainly be waiting for reviews and then probably a matinee at best. I definitely see this as a direct sequel to BvS so I'm cautiously pessimistic, but hope we get something much better than the previous Snyder effort.

I just hope there's depth in WW. If it's just some decently made blockbuster, I'll be disappointed. Wondy deserves a good film that stands the test of time.

One thing they're saying that is potentially interesting is they aren't explicitly twisting it to have a good and bad side in WW1. Saying it's about the villains wanting to maximize casualties and the heroes wanting to save lives.

Finally got around to watching JLA's first four episodes.

I enjoyed it, but it's obviously more aimed at kids and I don't think we'll see any deep storylines. I did geek out a lot over the minor characters, I was more excisted to see Shazam, Booster Gold & Swamp Thing than the trinity.

Why was that thread made?

No idea. I'm pretty sure there is another, older thread with the same exact quote.

He's just making it worse when they announce the movie starts filming this spring. You then have to fight the notion it's being rushed because he continues to say it's not where they want it in these interviews. He just needs to say it's being worked on and it's going well and leave it at that.

Firemind

At least have Germans speak German instead of English with a German accent. Nolan's Dunkirk will probably won't even have French people and if it does they will speak French English to not alienate English speaking audiences.

Yea, getting out of those contracts is murder. Ben didn't want to spend $100,000 to buy the batsuit. I doubt he's going to put up the cash to break his contract.

Funny enough, that same Guadian article mentions he has the batsuit on a mannequin in his office. He got his hands on it somehow.

J_Viper

It is intriguing that the Fandango top anticipated films of 2017 poll they do (which gets a lot of industry attention and backing each year) had Wonder Woman ahead of Justice League.

Probably because there hasn't been a theatrical trailer yet.

It isn't though, I've seen it. It's just way too slowly paced.

If you look through the rotten reviews on RT, a good portion of them have many things to praise about it. I haven't seen a review that declared it to be " pretty awful"

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I watched the UC the other day, it makes Lex looks much more of a mastermind than the TC. Nonsense shit like the bullet subplot actually make sense, it fleshes more stuff so that the movie doesnt seem like an incoherent mess.

movie is still not great, but the UC makes it watchable enough for me.

WW entry in the Doomsday fight is still hype as fuck.

From time to time I switch to HBO when BvS is on and think, wait, this wasn't in the theatrical cut? There are the large sweeping changes in Africa and there is removing a two second shot of Superman caught in Doomsday's beam.

J_Viper

From time to time I switch to HBO when BvS is on and think, wait, this wasn't in the theatrical cut? There are the large sweeping changes in Africa and there is removing a two second shot of Superman caught in Doomsday's beam.

The Africa scene is SO FUCKED in the Theatrical Cut

I had no fucking idea what was going on in the theater

Ninjimbo

The TC is 9/10 movie for me. UC puts it squarely at an 11/10. God tier status lol.

Idk. I had no trouble following the plot in the TC and every scene was working for me including the Knightmare scene. The end hit me super hard.

WONDER WOMAN WILL SAVE DCEU 2017

BELIEVE
She'll deliver us to the promised land!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom